Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

vlcsnap-2013-06-04-02h30m14s171 (resized).png
606782440 (resized).jpg
20130630EF_Smith2246-Edit-L (resized).jpg
181026_091134_0 (resized).jpeg
181026_091134_1 (resized).jpeg
Stormyz & Jay Z (resized).jpg
There are 123 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 5 years ago

You still “get“ rap music

#102 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

You Know You Are Not Old When...

You don't tell people that Halloween (1978) is the scariest movie you've ever saw.

#103 5 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

You don't own a car and don't plan on owning one anytime soon. You have Uber on speed dial.

You don't out yourself as being old by showing you have no idea how Uber works.

#104 5 years ago

You fluently use eggplant and peach emojis (and you know they are not about vegetables and fruit)

#105 5 years ago
Quoted from bzbatl:

You don't out yourself as being old by showing you have no idea how Uber works.

LOL

#106 5 years ago

You look at a monkey and think about how cute and innocent it must be.

#107 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

You don't tell people that Halloween (1978) is the scariest movie you've ever saw.

I'll be honest. Even at 17, when the original Dawn of Dead came out and I saw it in the theater, it kind of creeped me out. The Exorcist sort of had that effect when I was 11.

But Halloween?

#108 5 years ago

The Exorcist still creeps me out.

#109 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

You don't print directions from Mapquest

Damn!
I did this last week. Probably makes it worse that I write the directions down on paper vs. printing them out.

#110 5 years ago

When co-workers still tease you about your age.

#111 5 years ago
Quoted from Rabbit:

The Exorcist still creeps me out.

Exorcist on it's second theater run had the audience rolling in the aisles. I'm not sure Fast Times had so many people laughing.

Dawn of the Dead seems like comedy the second time around too.

#112 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I'll be honest. Even at 17, when the original Dawn of Dead came out and I saw it in the theater, it kind of creeped me out. The Exorcist sort of had that effect when I was 11.
But Halloween?

My niece had never seen the original Halloween, and she loves horror movies.

Her and a couple of her friends came over to watch it on the projector and carve some pumpkins (30th anniversary directors cut)

It was the dumbest movie ever made ( I remember it sucking at the theater, but it is much worse than I remember ).

We know Jamie Lee Curtis can't act, but NOBODY in that movie was an actor. It was worse than watching a high-school student film.

Script was terrible, pacing was terrible, blocking was terrible (especially kitchen scene with the dog).

The only scary thing was the musical score.

Since it came from the era of Alien, Phantasm, Texas Chainsaw and other truly scary movies, it was a steaming pile.

The girls thought it was a stupid bore. We put in Ichi The Killer to cleanse our pallet.

#113 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Since it came from the era of Alien, Phantasm, Texas Chainsaw and other truly scary movies, it was a steaming pile.

It was truly slow moving and uneventful compared to what we were used to for sure.

You know you are not old if you think Chucky is scary and mean.

vlcsnap-2013-06-04-02h30m14s171 (resized).pngvlcsnap-2013-06-04-02h30m14s171 (resized).png
#114 5 years ago

I was 9 when I saw The exorcist. Scared the shit out of me.
I think about 15 when I saw Phantasm. I thought that was the coolest.
I think movies leave a impression on you, depending on how old u are when u see them.

#115 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

...when you no longer try to twist the lid on, but set it on there and smack it with the palm of your hand and it completely closes.

This should be probably catalogued under "you know your old when.."

You seriously just taught me how to get that damn Blitz lid back on. Thanks O-din!

#116 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

It was truly slow moving and uneventful compared to what we were used to for sure.
You know you are not old if you think Chucky is scary and mean.[quoted image]

Oh yea. That's from the movie "trilogy of terror" I remember it sawing out a suitcase.

Damn thing still gives me chill bumps.

#117 5 years ago

That little thing kept me from ever letting my arm or legs dangle over the edge of the bed. My parents had no concern that I was traumatized ...

#118 5 years ago

You think the phrase "to nuke something" means to heat something up in the microwave oven....

#119 5 years ago
Quoted from RoyF:

You think the phrase "to nuke something" means to heat something up in the microwave oven....

That's what it does mean. .....Right?....

1 year later
#120 3 years ago

When Mannix comes on and you're not sure if it is time yet to call it a night.

#121 3 years ago

""

"...wha...oh.. wha?!"

You know, some kids were not even conceived when this forum started.

#122 3 years ago
Quoted from StupidJackpot:

some kids were not even conceived when this forum started.

And some kid's dads sent them to bed way before Mannix came on.

3 months later
#123 3 years ago

When you don't remember 9/11/01.

See also: "You Know You're Senile When..."

There are 123 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/you-know-you-are-not-old-when/page/3?hl=oldbaby and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.