(Topic ID: 6163)

You know when you are addicted to pinball when...

By futurepinhead

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 55 posts
  • 35 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by pinbob
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Salma12.jpg
    IMG_0347.JPG
    There are 55 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 12 years ago

You know when you are addicted to pinball when... you own manuals to machines that you do not own.

Your turn.

#2 12 years ago

When you buy mods for a pin that you don't own yet!

#3 12 years ago

You buy mods for a pin your friend owns.

#4 12 years ago

When you try to save up money to buy a machine for a friend so you'll have another machine to play, without it taking up space you don't have.

#5 12 years ago

Your friends bring their pinballs to your house to fix.

You have all the highscores on your buddies pins

You search craiglist/mr pinball/kijiji/ebay/buysell every 45seconds checking for new pinball listings, even if you don't have room for anymore...

#6 12 years ago

You're willing to suffer the wrath of your spouse for bringing in another machine and never, ever, ever, tell her how much it cost.

#7 12 years ago
    Quoted from tomdotcom:

You have all the highscores on your buddies pins []

Good one!

These quotes are great!

#8 12 years ago

When you can recall every issue you have dealt with on your machine but cant remember what you had for dinner two nights ago.

When you no longer discuss a new aquisition with your friends because of their eye rolls... followed by the inevitable words another one.

When you rationalize that living room furniture is not really necessary if the room is filled with pins.

When your diet consists of noodles and hamburger helper in order to save for the next machine.

When you are donating blood to pay for the next order of LED's from Cointaker.

#9 12 years ago
    Quoted from Kane:

You're willing to suffer the wrath of your spouse for bringing in another machine and never, ever, ever, tell her how much it cost.

Amen to that, brother!

... When you can't sleep at night until you've fixed that darn switch #26 error.

#10 12 years ago

When you want to start a pinside thread about a topic as obscure as 1987 Bally City Slicker

#11 12 years ago

The first website you visit on a Sunday morning is Pinside. Oh yeah, gotta check Craigslist....

#12 12 years ago

When you reply to this thread on your droid phone as you're sitting on the toilet

#13 12 years ago

When ( as I have just done ) you spend an hour changing bulbs with many different combinations and still not happy, have to order some more colors to see if they are just right!

When you lie in bed trying to decide which pin to get next and giving them scores for different characteristics!!!!!

Enough

#14 12 years ago

When 1 mod Cost's Twice the amount that you spent for yr Wife's B-day !!!! I'm Guilty

#15 12 years ago

When you can't wipe your ass because your forearms too sore.

#16 12 years ago

When you get called up to talk on a Sunday Morning radio!

You can find it here after about 1.02
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/console/p00k7j82

Gave them an excuse to play Tommy by the Who I guess!

#17 12 years ago
    Quoted from The_Gorilla:

When you reply to this thread on your droid phone as you're sitting on the toilet

tmi

#18 12 years ago

Yeah Dave, but did it make you grin???

#19 12 years ago

when you have a pin set up in front of the throne. sounds like a good idea...

#20 12 years ago
    Quoted from The_Gorilla:

Yeah, dave but did it make you grin???

yes

#21 12 years ago
    Quoted from emo:

When you get called up to talk on a Sunday Morning radio!

nice!

#22 12 years ago

When you justify, in your head, that eating Ramen noodles every day to save up for a pin is perfectly normal

#23 12 years ago

When you go to Pinside website 4-5 times a day

#24 12 years ago
    Quoted from The_Gorilla:

So that's the foul smell coming from the vents in my laptop!

#25 12 years ago
    Quoted from davewtf:

when you have a pin set up in front of the throne. sounds like a good idea...

when the bathroom remodel includes design for having a (widebody) pinball in front of the throne.

#26 12 years ago

What, you don't have it as an open tab all the time?

#27 12 years ago

While having sex with your wife,you ask her if your Marco order came in today.

#28 12 years ago

haha best post I've read on pinside ever maybe...thx for the laugh brz!! I wish I could upvote that comment haha

#29 12 years ago

You drive 8+ hours to go to a pinball EXPO.

#30 12 years ago

LMAO some great responses in here hahah

#31 12 years ago

When you pay $75 for a pristine table top TOMY AMERICAN PINBALL machine.....which I did.

When you find a pinball league being played in a volleyball house which has already started and you join anyway....which I did too.

#32 12 years ago

You're willing to almost piss yourself to beat a highscore.

#33 12 years ago

When you spend over 2k for a game.

#34 12 years ago

...you start equating your real life experiences to those found in the pinball realm.

i.e. You're running from the cops in your fire engine red Lambo, and you turn to the smoking hot buxom blonde sitting next to you, and say "Don't worry babe, this is just like High Speed II..."

Or you're at Medieval Times with your kids, and during the competition they shout, "JOUUUUST!!! Multiball MADness!!!"

#35 12 years ago
    Quoted from The_Gorilla:

You win gorilla. You are addicted.

#36 12 years ago

When you have gone through 11 pin deals in 12 months....... My collection page shows it.

#37 12 years ago

When you drive 4 hours on a rainy Sunday to play a complete strangers pins. Thanks again Pintucky, had a blast!

#38 12 years ago

When you buy a game on ebay and sell it to a friend that you know wants it more than you before you even get it delivered. It came sat in my garage and I drove it 7 hours to my friend who I knew wanted it more than I did. I sorta wished I had kept it to at least play it for a bit. He loves it though.

#39 12 years ago

While having sex with your wife,you ask her if your Marco order came in today.

What? No "slap-save", brz???

When you justify, in your head, that eating Ramen noodles every day to save up for a pin is perfectly normal

What is this "in your head" stuff? I've been eating Ramen since LOTR came home late April! No justification needed, it is mandatory!
    I have been able to dress it up a bit for weekly variety though, so it's not all bad...
    IMG_0347.JPGIMG_0347.JPG

I think you will be O.K. Rick! Let me know if you need any recipes.

#40 12 years ago

When family members turn on you for not letting their little brats play with your toys.

#41 12 years ago

When you start giving pins as gifts.

#42 12 years ago

You take apart and reassemble your drop targets 5 different times, tweaking and tweaking to fix that one lone target that isn't scoring, to finally get him working.

Maybe this is more just being a perfectionist.

#43 12 years ago

My half-penneth of things I've been through:

When you go sigthtseeng with your family and the first thought when you're looking round some villa is how many pins can fit in each room...

When you move house because the house you're in has a garden that's too small to build a gamesroom that's big enough to hold the pins you want to keep.

When you make a bed out of pins as a space saving excercise so you can own a few more.

When you buy a 2nd van, because the 1st one is full of games that you can't put anywhere.

#44 12 years ago
    Quoted from donjagra:

When you start giving pins as gifts.

i tried giving my space shuttle to my dad but he said he'd leave it in his garage, so i didn't.

#45 12 years ago

when you consider selling your first car that you've owned for 20 years just to make room for more pins in your garage.

#46 12 years ago

When you work from home and can hear the pinball calling your name.

Oh, and when you're on pinside all day.

It's just a matter of time before I get fired.

Johnny

#47 12 years ago
    Quoted from mykquillion:

When you try to save up money to buy a machine for a friend so you'll have another machine to play, without it taking up space you don't have.

That's good. My brother just caved and is going to allow me to put machines at his house. He lives across the street from me so I willl be able to play them. He saw the seven I got in the trailer and Diner was near the back. That is the one he wants the most because he want to play off the theme. He told me he thinks he could get three or so in the space. I was thinking 5.

#48 12 years ago

When you can read this forum and understand things like WOZ, JJP, STTNG, WOF, NNG, CP, and switch #26 error.

#49 12 years ago
    Quoted from pinballslave:

When you make a bed out of pins as a space saving excercise so you can own a few more.

When you buy a 2nd van, because the 1st one is full of games that you can't put anywhere.

Hilarious Pinballslave!

#50 12 years ago
    Quoted from thebrave:

It's just a matter of time before I get fired.

I know that feeling!! I'm going to have to ask the IT depertment to block me from this site!!

Quoted from mykquillion:

Hilarious Pinballslave

That bed was very comfortable by the way, it was 4 standard width cabs turned on their side... 3 of them had the playfields facing outwards to make it 'attractive' (to me at least!!)...

There are 55 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/you-know-when-you-are-addicted-to-pinball-when and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.