Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 132 posts
  • 66 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by beelzeboob
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

1431442752_01.jpg
    Good-Luck-Runner.jpg
    FG Kiss.jpg
    th-4.jpeg
    Ness.jpg
    SD.jpeg
    image-6.jpg
    image.jpg
    Gaga-and-Kiss.jpg
    image.jpg
    418864_10151001300627396_674544523_n.jpg
    1930506_30779847395_4935_n.jpg
    1930506_30779837395_4328_n.jpg
    musical-army-military-songs_6.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider j_m_.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#86 8 years ago
    Quoted from TomGWI:

I love Rush but I would rather have them play in my backyard for that kind of money.

when you do that, give me a call so that I can come over and enjoy the show

1 month later
    #131 8 years ago

I finally got to play a KISS machine this past weekend and here are my thoughts:
    the positives:
    - really loved the amount of english that the spinning disc under gene's head puts on the ball.

the negatives:
    - the default out lane settings [straight out of the box] were brutal (opened all of the way up).
    way to go stern. a great way to garner repeat customers when their game times are really short :/
    - about 20-30% of the plunged shots rocketed out of the pop bumpers firing directly into the right side out lane.
    - the consistency of where the ball landed when rolling out of gene's mouth for a locked ball was random at best (with an equal spread of left flipper, SDTM and right flipper)
    - after 9 games, I still had a really hard time determining exactly where on the right flipper the ball had to be to get into the "STARMAN" area. maybe it's just me, but I've not had this issue with just about any other game where the shots made sense. it's a definitely a very narrow flipper [sweet spot] to hit it up there.
    - even with the number of songs available, they just seem too short or repetitive (maybe that's why I moved away from KISS back in the late 70s after finding rock bands like rush, led zepplin and black sabbath)
    - it was hard to determine which letters of the K-I-S-S lighted section on the playfield were actually lit (they bled into one another) since it was 4 tightly grouped bulbs under one large instead of 4 individual inserts)

I really wanted to like the game, but I had a hard time wanting to put more money into it (even with the 'value' play of 3 games for $2)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider j_m_.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/you-kiss-hates-are-going-to-burnnnn?tu=j_m_ and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.