4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 132 posts
  • 66 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by beelzeboob
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 14 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

1431442752_01.jpg
    Good-Luck-Runner.jpg
    FG Kiss.jpg
    th-4.jpeg
    Ness.jpg
    SD.jpeg
    image-6.jpg
    image.jpg
    Gaga-and-Kiss.jpg
    image.jpg
    418864_10151001300627396_674544523_n.jpg
    1930506_30779847395_4935_n.jpg
    1930506_30779837395_4328_n.jpg
    musical-army-military-songs_6.jpg

There are 132 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
    #101 4 years ago

Which alley?

#102 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Which alley?

Yes, and which singer.

#103 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

which singer.

This guy.

Ness.jpg

#104 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

This guy.
    Ness.jpeg

Ah, I misread your "these guys" part.

Social D still going strong. I appreciate a band that actually plays Michigan these days...so many bands skip by us.

#105 4 years ago

I remember when he cut his hair off. lol. He is a character! So why not a Social D. Pinball machine? Are they not iconic? Have they not been around long enough? Shit.... They were rocking before Metallica!

th-4.jpeg

#106 4 years ago
    Quoted from shimoda:

I remember seeing Fugazi for $5, lots more fun than any arena show I ever saw.

If the show sucked it was cheaper than a movie!

Edit: Awww, the typo in the thread title was fixed.

#107 4 years ago
    Quoted from shimoda:

I remember seeing Fugazi for $5, lots more fun than any arena show I ever saw.

Did Ian stop the show at any point to yell at people for slam dancing? i've seen him do that dozens of times, haha.

#108 4 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

My first mod :
    Changing Gene Simmons head into Seth McFarlanes for "Seth" (What Can I Do ?) multi-ball, sung by Stewie.

I think a mod should be when Gene's multiball starts with the balls down the tongue (I thought of how to write that phrase for a full minute and that was the best I got) the "Oh, hi Gene" that Lois says on Family Guy when his tongue finds her off camera should be used.

FG Kiss.jpg

#109 4 years ago

I'd buy one if they had Gene Simmon's wife on it.....

#110 4 years ago

The Kiss Army...https://vimeo.com/87254347

#111 4 years ago
    Quoted from Taxman:

Go watch the movie "KISS Meet The Phantom of the Park". Then defend them.
    Sample - » YouTube video

Detroit Rock City is a pretty good movie IMHO

#112 4 years ago

Now that I have seen the new Kiss pin, I find it underwhelming.... Not hating, just not interested in it at all.

#113 4 years ago

From outside the pinball world:

Unbiased_comic_fan • 2 days ago
    I am so behind on Pinball, I had no idea there was a Wrestlemania game. KISS does lend to a fun playfield, but I would have gone with a different band. AC/DC is still my favorite of the two band themed machines and I don't see that changing.

CrypticFog • 2 days ago
    What a waste...they're so many better themes. Kiss??really?? So overdone. Who gives a shit about kiss, this isn't the 70s...that's not the way to get newer generations into mechanical pinball. hoping stern would've announced something different. I love pinball and I'm in the market to buy a table soon. I'll most likely be getting that used T2 table I saw for 1k

#114 4 years ago

Again, according to you. Just who do you think you are...........

Quoted from pezpunk:

KISS is the second worst rock band of all time. (RHCP is #1)
    It's a shame that most people have such lousy taste in music, but hey the upside is I can go see the greatest bands on earth in dive bars for peanuts, because the arenas are full of idiots paying $100 to see garbage like KISS.
    Just saw the Buzzcocks last week for $15, for example.

#115 4 years ago
    Quoted from WIZ:

Just saw the Buzzcocks last week for $15, for example.

I saw chubby checker for free once. did the twist FOR FREE.

#116 4 years ago
    Quoted from wayout440:

From outside the pinball world:
    Unbiased_comic_fan • 2 days ago
    I am so behind on Pinball, I had no idea there was a Wrestlemania game. KISS does lend to a fun playfield, but I would have gone with a different band. AC/DC is still my favorite of the two band themed machines and I don't see that changing.
    CrypticFog • 2 days ago
    What a waste...they're so many better themes. Kiss??really?? So overdone. Who gives a shit about kiss, this isn't the 70s...that's not the way to get newer generations into mechanical pinball. hoping stern would've announced something different. I love pinball and I'm in the market to buy a table soon. I'll most likely be getting that used T2 table I saw for 1k

Interesting.

Please find more.

#117 4 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Interesting.
    Please find more.

From ARS/Technica reader comments:

It's really amazing to me how many companies are pushing the hardware out the door first and fixing the software later. I'd certainly would have never expected pinball machines to be one of those things that's for sure!

Unfortunately I'd have to say that the original art is a lot more interesting and better executed, in my opinion. The new stuff is simplified and even somewhat off-looking anatomy-wise in ways that don't show up in the original.

From blabbermouth.net:

This can be shipped inside a Kiss coffin for only $5,000.00 extra!

Yeah, I mean, you can get a nice used pinball machine for about 1/10th of that. i had a good one for a couple years that i paid $500 for. Most of the modern pinball machines i have seen/played seem really cheaply produced compared to those from 30 yrs ago, that's for sure.

Even if I had that sort of money and was on the market for a pinball machine, there's no way I'd get this. Gene Simmons is such a colossal douchebag, he's not getting any of my money.

And "Would you buy a new KISS pinball machine?" @KissFAQ.com:
    I would have been interested but then I went out and bought an original Bally machine.

#118 4 years ago
    Quoted from WIZ:

Again, according to you. Just who do you think you are...........

yep, according to me. in fact i'm the world's preeminent expert in the field of what my own opinions are. if anyone ever tries to tell you my opinions are not according to me, you tell them i said they're wrong.

#119 4 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

yep, according to me. in fact i'm the world's preeminent expert in the field of what my own opinions are. if anyone ever tries to tell you my opinions are not according to me, you tell them i said they're wrong.

I dunno, I heard you disagree with yourself once. Tell yourself that you have no credibility.

#120 4 years ago
    Quoted from wayout440:

Even if I had that sort of money and was on the market for a pinball machine, there's no way I'd get this.

Sounds like it's not a title for you then.

Good luck Runner in finding a title you can afford and find pleasure in.

Good-Luck-Runner.jpg
    #121 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I remember when he cut his hair off. lol. He is a character! So why not a Social D. Pinball machine? Are they not iconic? Have they not been around long enough? Shit.... They were rocking before Metallica!
    th-4.jpeg

I'd be down with a socal punk pin, drunk injuns, bad religion, faction, los olvidados. collect them all, play the gig...

-c

#122 4 years ago
    Quoted from rotordave:

The funniest part of that movie (and there are plenty... It's really bad...)
    Ace and Peter were whacked out all the time... It was the beginning of the end for the original line up.
    Ace wouldn't show up on set because he'd been out partying for days on end. So they replaced him in some of the scenes. With a black guy. In Ace makeup. You can see it clear as day in the movie. Classic!
    rd.

Beth is pretty good, nice accoustic version, and we get the only live performance of Rip and Destroy.

#123 4 years ago
    Quoted from Methos:

Beth is pretty good, nice accoustic version, and we get the only live performance of Rip and Destroy.

And next...1431442752_01.jpg:

#124 4 years ago

Now Scooby Doo is something I could get into, not demonic clowns with big boots

#125 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Rich kids will see them on route and say "I'm going to get one of those for my grandpa"

LMAO!!!

1 week later
    #126 4 years ago

All you haters, CVS is having a sale on sun screen this week, better stock up.......BURN!!!!

#127 4 years ago

I'll tell you what...judging by that gameplay video, Kiss is no AC/DC.

#128 4 years ago

I hope not. That's why I sold mine.

#129 4 years ago
    Quoted from Fast-Ed:

I hope not. That's why I sold mine.

Touche! I knew somebody would do that...

#130 4 years ago

Well maybe they will have a version with animated women on it instead of the band like they did for ACDC. I still can't get why people like Luci, there was no reference to it form any songs. I could understand a Rosie edition.

So for all you Kiss haters, maybe a Rhonda edition will come out with a half naked drawn chick on it and then you can buy that.

Personally, I think this game looks sic, but I feel it will play like a typical Stern game. Nothing new saturated in call outs.

1 month later
    #131 4 years ago

I finally got to play a KISS machine this past weekend and here are my thoughts:
    the positives:
    - really loved the amount of english that the spinning disc under gene's head puts on the ball.

the negatives:
    - the default out lane settings [straight out of the box] were brutal (opened all of the way up).
    way to go stern. a great way to garner repeat customers when their game times are really short :/
    - about 20-30% of the plunged shots rocketed out of the pop bumpers firing directly into the right side out lane.
    - the consistency of where the ball landed when rolling out of gene's mouth for a locked ball was random at best (with an equal spread of left flipper, SDTM and right flipper)
    - after 9 games, I still had a really hard time determining exactly where on the right flipper the ball had to be to get into the "STARMAN" area. maybe it's just me, but I've not had this issue with just about any other game where the shots made sense. it's a definitely a very narrow flipper [sweet spot] to hit it up there.
    - even with the number of songs available, they just seem too short or repetitive (maybe that's why I moved away from KISS back in the late 70s after finding rock bands like rush, led zepplin and black sabbath)
    - it was hard to determine which letters of the K-I-S-S lighted section on the playfield were actually lit (they bled into one another) since it was 4 tightly grouped bulbs under one large instead of 4 individual inserts)

I really wanted to like the game, but I had a hard time wanting to put more money into it (even with the 'value' play of 3 games for $2)

#132 4 years ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

- the default out lane settings were brutal (opened all of the way up)
    - about 20-30% of the plunged shots rocketed out of the pop bumpers firing directly into the right side out lane.

"I wanna rock and roll all--" (drain)

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 64.00
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Great American Pinball
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 24.50
    $ 39.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 84.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 59.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    $ 22.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 92.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 11.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 16.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 85.00
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 125.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Sparky Pinball
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 7.50
    Playfield - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    There are 132 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside