5 months ago

Topic Stats

• 61 posts
  • 46 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 46 days ago by whitey
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20191014_200643 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider holminone.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#58 5 months ago

Great story. Here is the net from my perspective. You are lucky enough at your age to have something to be passionate about. That’s huge. So the first thing is for your kid to understand that you hope he finds a hobby he’s passionate about as he gets older. The second thing is to recognize the wisdom of your 19 year old upgrade. He probably senses a little bit of imbalance in your life. Respect his wisdom in whatever that means to you.

4 months later
    #59 46 days ago

It’s a really interesting and good question. The reality in my opinion is this. If your kid notices enough to say something it’s more true than not. For me in matters such as this I think about my legacy in the eyes of my children. Are you the guy that never made an effort to branch out and experience new things or are you the guy that was defined by Pinball? For me, the fact that kid perceives you are out of balance makes pinball a negative for him. For that reason alone I would try to venture out and find some new balance. Because the story I want my kids to tell is, “My dad was really cool. He got into working out, eating well and going to (Fill in blank) later in life. And he also had this really amazing Pinball collection that he was passionate about but it didn’t define him. He was a really cool dude.”

To me this is the crux of the thing. For me personally Pinball does not define me. I happen to be a guy that has a couple of pinball machines but I don’t go to leagues I don’t talk about them but I do like to fire them up and play the heck out of them, and I like the way to look at my house. And I like to maintain them.

But I also have a collection of mountain bikes, I play competitive golf, love animals, read, War god on Zelda BOTW (switch) and I love supply chain. I also coach high school golf.

Net is this. Create the perception in your child that there is more to you than pinball. Cause right now, he sees you out of wack.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 98.00
    Playfield - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 25.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Filament Printing
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 7,599.00
    $ 5.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 64.00
    $ 54.99
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 25.00
    $ 14.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    £ 50.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Sillyoldelf Mods
    Playfield - Protection
    ULEKstore
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 265.00
    $ 89.99
    $ 89.99
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 18.95
    $ 4.49
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    $ 109.99
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider holminone.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside