(Topic ID: 92503)

you have these 4 machines and you have to sell one of them.

By Troutfarm

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 66 posts
  • 48 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Hazoff
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“who gets cut?”

• MET Prem 24 votes
    10%
  • XMENLE 112 votes
    49%
  • BSD 63 votes
    27%
  • TS 31 votes
    13%

(230 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
image-252.jpg

There are 66 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 9 years ago

perfect clearcoated Shadow
perfect clearcoated BSD
HUO Met Prem
HUO Xmen LE

first world problems.

#2 9 years ago

Either of the Stern pins. They would be the easiest to replace at a later date.

LTG : )™

#3 9 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

LTG : )™

I voted XMEN LE for that very reason.

#4 9 years ago

The problem is, they are all good (great) games. I personally voted BSD, but if I actually owned the machines myself the outcome may have been different.

#5 9 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I agree. I had no problem letting my METLE go. The Shadow was hard to replace a year later, but I found one.

#6 9 years ago

Well, I have a perfect clearcoated Shadow and HUO Metallica premium. Love both games but I find myself playing Met much more than Shadow. A clearcoated Shadow is hard stuff Not easy at all but when you have a great round, it is fabulous. Not an easy choice and I can be of no more help on the subject. Just to damn hard to choose I have Stern Star Trek Premium and that would go before any of those two.

#7 9 years ago

If I was ranking those pins in order of which I'd like to own most:

1. Cleared Shadow
2. Met Prem
3. Cleared BSD
4. X-Men

Lloyd's logic makes sense, but you're about to get band mode update for Metallica, don't let it go now.

#8 9 years ago

Personally, I'd let the BSD go. Only because it's my least favorite out of the list to play. If I was going on collectibility alone, X-Men.

#9 9 years ago
Quoted from Stack15:

I voted XMEN LE for that very reason.

I voted X men because its X men

#10 9 years ago
Quoted from dbeeson:

Personally, I'd let the BSD go. Only because it's my least favorite out of the list to play. If I was going on collectibility alone, X-Men.

this is the real dilemma.. and pretty much the way I am feeling.

#11 9 years ago

BSD, the rest are excellent quality games to play

#12 9 years ago

Buy a bigger house!

#13 9 years ago

The real question is, what game is going to replace it?

#14 9 years ago

I am constrained to 3 unless I want to be single. I dont even have the Met and xmen yet, they ship to me next week. I will have a couple weeks to evaluate the situation. Then I will have to move one of them..

#15 9 years ago

Either the Metallica or Xmen and leaning towards the Xmen.

#16 9 years ago

No brainer. Good bye, X Men.

#17 9 years ago
Quoted from Troutfarm:

I am constrained to 3 unless I want to be single. I dont even have the Met and xmen yet, they ship to me next week. I will have a couple weeks to evaluate the situation. Then I will have to move one of them..

Sounds like cancelling both might be the prudent move.

#18 9 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Sounds like cancelling both might be the prudent move.

Nope, Met Prem was the goal it will stay. Got the Xmen at a great price as a package deal.

The reality is that the TS and MET are not moving.. its going to be a battle of BSD vs XMLE

#19 9 years ago

I'd keep BSD over X-Men.

#20 9 years ago

If you collection is for yourself, I'd dump X-Men. I would dump BSD if you have other non-serious people who like to play pins.

#21 9 years ago
Quoted from Troutfarm:

Nope, Met Prem was the goal it will stay. Got the Xmen at a great price as a package deal.
The reality is that the TS and MET are not moving.. its going to be a battle of BSD vs XMLE

Then it is a no-brainer. You will have a really tough time finding another perfect BSD. Not so much the XMLE.

#22 9 years ago

I would sell BSD I like the other 3 better personally.

So many different angles of opinion.

#23 9 years ago

Hmmm. I was coming in here expecting an easy answer. I own an X-Men LE, but I can honestly say I have no real love or hate for any of those 4 games. So I guess I have no suggestion...

I was hoping Road Show was on the list...I say get rid of Road Show!

#24 9 years ago

This was the XM I was about an inch away from trading for, too. Sweet.

#25 9 years ago

X-Men = Terd...

Keep the rest...

Or ditch the female.. !

#26 9 years ago

Terd = Terrible Nerd?

image-252.jpgimage-252.jpg
#27 9 years ago

I've had all 4. Sold Shadow & BSD, Tallica & Xmen are keepers for me.

#28 9 years ago

Xmen in its current state is really a great game. Rules are excellent, layout is fun, artwork is great. Dump the BSD.

#29 9 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Xmen in its current state is really a great game. Rules are excellent, layout is fun, artwork is great. Dump the BSD.

This is exactly what I would have said IF I posted in this thread. Markmon is smart.

#30 9 years ago

Play all four, get rid of the one you like the least.

#31 9 years ago

I say keep them all and get rid of the girl!

#32 9 years ago
Quoted from Charliew65:

I say keep them all and get rid of the girl!

Yes, you have four top notch pins, a quatro line-up supreme. And there is no point in sacrificing any of them for...

#33 9 years ago

Find a new girlfriend

#34 9 years ago

Whichever one feels like a chore to play...

#35 9 years ago

Sell MET... If your girl ever leaves for good, but Iron Maiden... "Aces HIgh"/"The Trooper". Its all a gamble b/c your girl may not leave and Stern may not make Iron Maiden.

#36 9 years ago

Sell XM.

#37 9 years ago

Xmen reminds me of a tight Tron. I would keep XMEN, and I'm not even an Xmen fan, but the pin has grown on me.

#38 9 years ago

Moved a pin into the dining room.. problem solved.

#39 9 years ago

Sounds like me lol I have one in my dining room also lol

#40 9 years ago

image.jpgimage.jpg
Now my asteroids deluxe has a friend. It all works out.

#41 9 years ago

I vote getting rid of Xmen, it just isn't anything special. You have to really love the theme. The other three are awesome~

#42 9 years ago

I voted Xmen aswell, probably be the easiest to find again later if you wanted.

#43 9 years ago

Ditch Xmen. Metallica is the better Stern. BSD and TS are great games and have jumped in price so they will be harder to replace.

#44 9 years ago

Poor X-Men, I'd vote to get rid of that one as well, even though I loathe playing BSD. I guess that says a lot about X-Men! Like others have said, you'll have no problem picking up another X-Men down the road if you find you are missing it. Have you really explored the rules and modes in X-Men? Owners always talk about how deep the game is...but it's funny, they are always using this as a selling feature when they are trying to dump the game!

Rob
creditdotpinball.com

#45 9 years ago
Quoted from Troutfarm:

Moved a pin into the dining room.. problem solved.

Seems like a great plan, looks like there is room for a few more!

#46 9 years ago

BAD first orb men. But first pick would bsd. I don't pick up the overwhelming vibe the game gets so of the 4 that's the one to go

#47 9 years ago

Bsd or xmen ... Damn spellcheck

#48 9 years ago

X-Men TURD .... B Strokers D.. cool and hard...

My .38 cents again

#49 9 years ago

BSD and Shadow are a perfect combo.....

#50 9 years ago

I have been playing a ton of BSD this weekend it really is a kick ass game when you get things going. I can see why people do not like it, because it is such an ass kicker. It is not going anywhere soon.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
There are 66 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/you-have-these-4-machines-and-you-have-to-sell-one-of-them and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.