(Topic ID: 212996)

You have the cash right now for a NIB. What are you buying??

By Huggers

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6866 (resized).JPG
59539668-51FB-45E9-8406-F993D26BFA57 (resized).jpeg
Debby Downer (resized).jpg
0cd496bc62a2e2b3bfcdd703431f233c6814f64a7519b02cbd48d6c636ea5c38 (resized).jpg

There are 139 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 5 years ago

Skipping POTC and Houdini and Maiden (waaay later) are next. Just got to get AP to make more of them faster...

#103 5 years ago

I see a pattern here...

Deposit already on TNA
Next pin will be JJP DI or POTC
...TWD

#104 5 years ago

I want to buy iron maiden. But the wife is making me buy aerosmith.

#105 5 years ago
Quoted from mario_1_up:

I want to buy iron maiden. But the wife is making me buy aerosmith.

Plenty of other ladies I the Fairbank area!

#106 5 years ago

Have a TNA on order and picked up one of those mame's with 25k games on it while I wait. Maybe pick up something at Pinfest.

#107 5 years ago

If I had the cash I would invest for 6 months and then decide between (1) DILE (love the game now, would like to see code upgrade and if some of the little items ya have to deal with (trap door, spring breaks, etc.) get addressed (2) JJPPOTC (played one and liked it - curious to see code/call outs upgrade and if they do anything else on PF (sails, spinning disk adjustment) and (3) BBBr (seems for sure MBr is the next title but if there was a strong sign BBBr is next up would contemplate that one). Whoever was in the lead at the 6 month point wins.

#108 5 years ago

Dialed in or TNA

#109 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Plenty of other ladies I the Fairbank area!

That will put me at 36 pins so I guess I can't complain that much.

#110 5 years ago

it's remarkable how the community has come around on DI. When the theme and feature set initially leaked, a TON of people instantly proclaimed it a flop of epic proportions.

personally i love the game -- it's simply a lot of fun to play. great flow, satisfying shots, tons to shoot for, and the missions and modes don't get old because there's so MANY of them and they come in more or less random order, unlike some games that can feel relentlessly repetitive (*cough* OKAY WHO BROUGHT THE DOG *cough*). Overall, JJP really knocked it out of the park in terms of gameplay on this one.

#111 5 years ago

Looking at picking up a Maiden pro. Spooky would have my money if TNA didn’t have an 8 month lead time.

#112 5 years ago

Right now I would buy AFMR but I’m waiting to see if MBR is next. If that’s the case then that will get my money.

#113 5 years ago

Just bought a Luci vault and I’m loving it. I wanted an AC/DC for quite awhile. We did a Stern factory tour last May and was emphatically told that a Luci remake would never happen, glad I trusted my gut on that one...

Quoted from pezpunk:

it's remarkable how the community has come around on DI. When the theme and feature set initially leaked, a TON of people instantly proclaimed it a flop of epic proportions.
personally i love the game -- it's simply a lot of fun to play. great flow, satisfying shots, tons to shoot for, and the missions and modes don't get old because there's so MANY of them and they come in more or less random order, unlike some games that can feel relentlessly repetitive (*cough* OKAY WHO BROUGHT THE DOG *cough*). Overall, JJP really knocked it out of the park in terms of gameplay on this one.

Still lmao on that as well, though I think it should have had a different name...

If I do another Nib in the near future it will be either a DILE or a JJPOTC (hope to play one next weekend), otherwise I’ll look for a deal on something from my wishlist.

#114 5 years ago

Skateball, Flash Gordon, Meteor, Blackout, Nine Ball, and Stars that's probably about a Stern premium. Yes 6 classic SS machines for the price of a NIB Stern. I'll take the classics sorry, not a Fanboy

#115 5 years ago

I love the looks and video I see of Aliens but have not played or spoke to anyone who owns one. That's still my first choice. Looks badass.
Thanks
Blake

#116 5 years ago
Quoted from Frippertron:

Skateball, Flash Gordon, Meteor, Blackout, Nine Ball, and Stars that's probably about a Stern premium. Yes 6 classic SS machines for the price of a NIB Stern. I'll take the classics sorry, not a Fanboy

I’d be down for a Stars NIB! Lmk when they are available.

#117 5 years ago

I'd go JJP:POTC, the game looks so good!

#118 5 years ago

I'm still going for an AC/DC Luci Vault

LTG : )

#119 5 years ago

I can only afford to take the NIB risk every 5-10 years.

2004 - LOTR, worked out well
2013 - MET Pro, worked out great
2018 - Alice Cooper’s Nightmare Castle. Hoping for great things.

I do have a lot of “pre-owned” Sterns, and those worked out well too. It’s nice when the first owner takes the cost down for you.

#120 5 years ago
Quoted from Blake:

I love the looks and video I see of Aliens but have not played or spoke to anyone who owns one. That's still my first choice. Looks badass.
Thanks
Blake

I should specify - WORKING - is a must.
thanks
blake

#121 5 years ago

TWD
AFMr
IMDN
JJPOTC

Those get my votes. And looking at the rumored horizon; those votes will stick for 2018.

#122 5 years ago

Paid for my Iron Maiden LE last week. Next on my list would be a Dialed In.

#123 5 years ago

American Pinball's second game, "The Three Stooges!"

#124 5 years ago

The Three Stooges would be an awesome theme.

#125 5 years ago

My next NIB purchase will be TNA.

#127 5 years ago

Waiting on NIB Houdini!!

#128 5 years ago

MBR--if the rumors started here are true.

#130 5 years ago

Over the past year I've purchased the following games NIB: MMr Std, Dialed In LE, BM66 Prem, Star Wars Prem, GOTG Pro. If I had to chose, I'd probably pick MMr and BM66 as the two best. Dialed In and SW Prem are both great too. The only one I wouldn't recommend is GOTG Pro. The call-outs are horrible voice actors and it is fairly boring so far. This could improve with code updates. I will be buying a JJPOTC LE whenever that comes out and I think it may just be the best of the bunch.

#131 5 years ago

Been waiting to take the plunge on JJP as wanted to see track record of the games and the company. at this point I feel they had a pretty good track record. Just took the plunge and have WOZ Ruby Red and Hobbit LE ordered and on the way

#132 5 years ago

I really was hopeful for GOTG but lack for speech and poor movie clips turned me off. It also sounds that JJ POTC will suffer from the same issues. I would therefor have to go with Dialed In just to mix up my collection (though Luci would be close 2nd)

#133 5 years ago
Quoted from mittens:

I really was hopeful for GOTG but lack for speech and poor movie clips turned me off. It also sounds that JJ POTC will suffer from the same issues. I would therefor have to go with Dialed In just to mix up my collection (though Luci would be close 2nd)

speech in JJPOTC is bad ass! It's Gibbs, and he nailed it!

#134 5 years ago
Quoted from TRAMD:

The only one I wouldn't recommend is GOTG Pro. The call-outs are horrible voice actors and it is fairly boring so far. This could improve with code updates.

Easily fixed in Pinball Browser, and the latest update is already promising. Remember the original voices in TWD? Pretty bad. But now TWD is a smash hit and nobody can deny it.

#135 5 years ago

After buying AFMr LE and MMr Std over the past several months I’m all in on a MBr if that is the next remake to complete my 3-game collection. Love the humor, themes, and fun of those games.

#136 5 years ago

My first NIB-Houdini

#137 5 years ago

Played Houdini for the first time the other day. Even though it has some seriously tightass shots, it was fun and looked like it was built like a brick shithouse! That where i would put my money but alas, i dont have that kind of coin atm.

6 months later
#138 5 years ago

Second NIB is MBr SE.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
There are 139 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/you-have-the-cash-right-now-for-a-nib-what-are-you-buying/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.