(Topic ID: 212996)

You have the cash right now for a NIB. What are you buying??

By Huggers

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6866 (resized).JPG
59539668-51FB-45E9-8406-F993D26BFA57 (resized).jpeg
Debby Downer (resized).jpg
0cd496bc62a2e2b3bfcdd703431f233c6814f64a7519b02cbd48d6c636ea5c38 (resized).jpg

There are 139 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 5 years ago

As the title. I'm thinking about my first NIB. I've narrowed it down to a few but still keen for everyone's input. Price is relevant for sure but nothing is off the table completely. What game would you buy and why?

#2 5 years ago

I would be for Dialed In.

#3 5 years ago

Unless CGC's next remake is Cactus Canyon, mine would be MMr.

#4 5 years ago

Rob Zombie Spookshow International

#5 5 years ago

Batman66 Premium

#6 5 years ago

JJP Pirates would be fun at home, tons of modes and stuff to do. should be good build quality as well.

#7 5 years ago

Dialed in. Getting one soon, waiting on my distributor. JJP pirates looks really nice too.

#8 5 years ago

Hmmm

Now..
Met Prem (assuming you can find one)
SW Prem

If you can wait..
JJP Potc Le

#9 5 years ago

Has Dialed In for months now and still loving it.

#10 5 years ago

Stick in savings and wait for Elvira 3.

#11 5 years ago

waiting for maiden

#12 5 years ago

I've got cash and waiting for the next title to be revealed with the info.

For new i have DI & SW and they are both super fun

#13 5 years ago

Batman 66 Premium.

#14 5 years ago

Should have said band pins are generally not my thing. MET is okay but I've played it to death. Kiss too. Dialed In! is pretty much top of my list right now although I am interested to see what CGC come up with. I was considering a GOTG Pro as it's a lot cheaper and whilst the code isn't there quite yet the new version at TPF seemed much improved?

#15 5 years ago

Now Star Wars Premium / Dialed In or wait for JJP POTC.

#16 5 years ago

DI for me maybe TNA with the new Pirates 3rd

if you want a stern pro TWD

#17 5 years ago

Legacy Of The Beast FTW

#18 5 years ago

Paying for an Iron Maiden LE Monday.
Considering a TNA once production is caught up.

Quoted from chad:

I would be for Dialed In.

I would be, too if the clearcoats weren't garbage.

#19 5 years ago
Quoted from dgoett:

I would be, too if the clearcoats weren't garbage.

I must have missed this. There's been problems with the play fields on DI?

#20 5 years ago
Quoted from Huggers:

Well yes and no. The CC cracks VERY easily around the 2 scoops. They are all shipping out now with Cliffys over them so that shouldn't be an issue anymore.
At least that's the only CC issue i've seen

#21 5 years ago

Based on my collection I made this move last year:

In --> Dialed In
Preorder --> Houdini

For this year I will wait to see what Stern does with IronMaiden and hope to play JJPs POTC. Also GB seems interesting if stern will come along with a really great codeupdatefor it.

--> IronMaiden
--> JJP POTC
--> GB Prem (if code is great)

#22 5 years ago

Breakshot!
But you gotta say it like Peter Griffin says "Roadhouse".
0cd496bc62a2e2b3bfcdd703431f233c6814f64a7519b02cbd48d6c636ea5c38 (resized).jpg0cd496bc62a2e2b3bfcdd703431f233c6814f64a7519b02cbd48d6c636ea5c38 (resized).jpg

#23 5 years ago

TNA next month and hopefully Iron Maiden if it looks fun.

#24 5 years ago

TNA someday! Just waiting to get the call. Number 226 hopefully May.
Al

#25 5 years ago

Batman 66 Refinery Edition

EDIT: Providing "why" as I just noticed OP requested this info as well as my post was down voted (I can only guess as to why as J85M is an enthusiastic BM66 owner himself).

Batman 66 has always had a nostalgic appeal to me as I enjoyed watching the original TV show as a kid. Although its gameplay was initially disappointing, it has now become very fun for me to play, and apparently is going to get even better with a lot more code upgrades yet to come. Consequently, it is the NIB game that appeals the most to me at this time - a decision I didn't make lightly as I gave up my shortly upcoming spot for a TNA in order to make this purchase.

Most of my Stern games are Premiums (where applicable) that I have customized with numerous upgrades. Among these are several Refinery Editions that I've purchased through Steve (@HEMIORANGE09) at MI Pinball Refinery as he does great work, provides outstanding service, charges competitive prices, and is a nice guy to deal with.

#26 5 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

JJP Pirates would be fun at home, tons of modes and stuff to do. should be good build quality as well.

It won't be available for a while yet.. especially for new money.

#27 5 years ago
Quoted from Huggers:

No issue... the way the sim scoop was designed made it prone to chipping but it has been fixed with protectors for a while now... other than that its great.

#28 5 years ago

I would buy the one I like the most

#29 5 years ago

Star trek premium

#30 5 years ago

Houdini. Great theme and lots of value for the money.

#31 5 years ago

Bad Cats.

#32 5 years ago

AC/DC Luci Vault Edition.

LTG : )

#33 5 years ago

Dialed In. I’m getting one soon.

I’m also in on JJPPOTC, but for games that you can get right now NIB, I would go with Dialed In.

#34 5 years ago

AFMr LE while they are still available. Or MMr.

#35 5 years ago

Have a dialed in le already. I’ve been a huge maiden fan since powerslave. My head says POTC le, my heart says a maiden premium or le based on the art packages. Probably both at some point.

#36 5 years ago

If I didn’t have any of the nib games currently, I would get a dialed le, because I know it’s incredibly fun and beautiful. Maiden and POTC , i’m Not sure if the codes will be fun to play long term.

#37 5 years ago

Not Nib, but if I had cash I would buy jlm33’s Wooly!

#38 5 years ago

Get the best possible price on SW Pro to scratch your itch, and then put the balance towards therapy to help control those impulses to buy any new MSRP priced pin again.

#39 5 years ago

waiting for my luci ve. nothing else really on the radar.

#40 5 years ago

Waiting for AC/DC premium VE here

#41 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

AC/DC Luci Vault Edition.
LTG : )

No question!

There are lots of truly great new titles, but this one has a very high bang for the buck factor and might be the most sensible choice (of course it’s ridiculous to consider any pin “sensible”, but you know what I mean).

The game itself is well-established to be fun and is deep enough to be a long-term keeper, the playfield is loaded with cool “stuff”, it has a fantastic light show (the only game with 4-color GI?), and it runs on the SAM platform which has an excellent record for reliability and lots of easily available resources for servicing.

With the exception of the red LED display (easily remedied with the ColorDMD display, which is excellent on this title), the game is as feature-competitive as any current title.

#42 5 years ago
Quoted from Thermionic:

No question!
There are lots of truly great new titles, but this one has a very high bang for the buck factor and might be the most sensible choice (of course it’s ridiculous to consider any pin “sensible”, but you know what I mean).
The game itself is well-established to be fun and is deep enough to be a long-term keeper, the playfield is loaded with cool “stuff”, it has a fantastic light show (the only game with 4-color GI?), and it runs on the SAM platform which has an excellent record for reliability and lots of easily available resources for servicing.
With the exception of the red LED display (easily remedied with the ColorDMD display, which is excellent on this title), the game is as feature-competitive as any current title.

3 color gi like lots of other sterns.... i had a loaded luci but it didnt last real long... ok game but there are much better pins imo for the money i got for her. Dile is a great choice imo

#44 5 years ago

AFMr. We love it!

#45 5 years ago

Dialed In for sure!

#46 5 years ago

Getting ACDC Luci Vault. Considering Alice Cooper, but probably going to hold off. Want to play it first.

#47 5 years ago

I recently bought TnA and Luci. Both good choices but TnA is better choice of the two. I really would like to buy ACNC but it's not really my type of game even though I like Alice Cooper. My next new pin will be either BBBr, BK3K or ACNC.

#48 5 years ago

Samir Nagheenanajar: You know what I would do if I had enough money for a NIB? I would invest half of it in mutual funds and then take the other half over to my friend Sadulach who works in Securities.

#49 5 years ago
Quoted from Huggers:

They are mirco. Have you ever installed a new Mirco playfield? THe clear is super brittle. If you were to hammer in Tnuts like Stern does at the factory, you would have a pile of chipped and broken clearcoat on the table. Check out the metal wire guides on DI and Hobbit, etc. You'll see shattered clear around them.

As TheLaw says, they are putting protectors on the holes now, but the clear isn't any better. We have had one on route about a year and the clear is chipped SO badly - way worse than stern or Williams. On a $9k game this shouldn't be the case - hence why I won't add one to the collection. Love the game though.

All Mirco has to do is change the clear. Put a flex agent in it. I've installed SO MANY Playfield Renovations and HSA cleared playfields that never have problems like that. If you don't predrill the holes on top of the playfield on a Mirco, when you start the screw the clear lift right off the printed art and leaves a halo where it separated. And NO, it's not just an isolated indecent. Happen on 99% of them.

#50 5 years ago
Quoted from Mike_M:

You know what I would do if I had enough money for a NIB? I would invest half of it in mutual funds and then take the other half over to my friend Sadulach who works in Securities.

You're missing the point of the exercise.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
12,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
There are 139 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/you-have-the-cash-right-now-for-a-nib-what-are-you-buying and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.