(Topic ID: 226482)

You have a budget of $10,000. What games (or game) do you buy

By Scorch

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Scorch.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

Here’s a game...kinda like fantasy pinball.

Let’s assume that you have no pins, and $10,000 to spend to start a new collection (not adding to pins you already have).

Pick what pins you would buy. To make it interesting... pins need to be currently on the market (pinside, eBay, craigslist, etc). What it’s listed for is what you pay.

Do you buy 1 new pin, or maybe 10 EMs or a combo of new and old?

Here’s my stab at it....

Time machine - $1550
    Wpt - $3000
    T2 -$2200
    Road show - $3000

Total $9750

#16 5 years ago
    Quoted from Zablon:

I don't know...where are you getting $2000 machines? Unless you live in very specific locations, most everything that isn't EM is going for at least that even nonworking and trashed out (okay trashed is an exaggeration). It's crazy.

There are still lots of $2000 games out there.

I just bought my sst for $2000. T2 and time machine on my list are 2200 and 1550 respectively. I think you could make a decent collection of 2k machines

#22 5 years ago
    Quoted from Mitch:

Then how come you dont own any of these?

Because I'm not in the market right now.

But I know my current collection could be purchased for around 10k.

SST, T3, LAH, Roy Clark.

I think that as I change over games, I probably won't be throwing new money at them.... so question I'm asking is; do I sell all 4 and get a newer machine.... or maybe get a smaller collection of better games. Maybe I'll sell 2 to get 3 cheaper games.

And I'm not afraid to work on them, but I don't have a ton of time to fully re-build a game. Replace coils, plastics, rubbers, led's - no problem.... a non-working project - hell no.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Scorch.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/you-have-a-budget-of-10000-what-games-or-game-do-you-buy?tu=Scorch and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.