1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 26 posts
  • 21 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by ralphs007
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 1 year ago

Here’s a game...kinda like fantasy pinball.

Let’s assume that you have no pins, and $10,000 to spend to start a new collection (not adding to pins you already have).

Pick what pins you would buy. To make it interesting... pins need to be currently on the market (pinside, eBay, craigslist, etc). What it’s listed for is what you pay.

Do you buy 1 new pin, or maybe 10 EMs or a combo of new and old?

Here’s my stab at it....

Time machine - $1550
    Wpt - $3000
    T2 -$2200
    Road show - $3000

Total $9750

#2 1 year ago

My first question is how comfortable/competent are you fixing machines? Going from that I can give you my opinion.

#3 1 year ago

Pirates LE and a case of Captain Morgans Private Stock, lol.

#4 1 year ago

Every late 70's Bally I could get my hands on till it was gone.

#5 1 year ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Pirates LE and a case of Captain Morgans Private Stock, lol.

I concur !

#6 1 year ago

3-6 top notch games on the container buy with the PNW group! And parts to fix them, $9999

#7 1 year ago

I would go back in time and buy all those games I passed on because I thought the prices were crazy. Then sell them here, and buy what I really want

#8 1 year ago

In my eyes - if you have the space - 5 or 6 cheaper machines make more sense than one or two higher priced machines. I always say I can have move fun with five $2000 machines then I ever could have with one expensive new machine.

#9 1 year ago

I'm with panzerfreak , Pirates and rum

#10 1 year ago

Munsters LE and POTC LE and pray for financial salvation.

And then beg forgiveness for buying Oktoberfest Pinball On Tap too!

#11 1 year ago

STLE and DESW.

I am weirdo but they are two of my favs.

#12 1 year ago

2/3 of a BM66 SuperLE

#13 1 year ago

Iron Maiden Pro (used), Stern Stars, Swords of Fury, and Fish Tales (or World Cup Soccer).

#14 1 year ago
    Quoted from jorge5240:

STLE and DESW.
    I am weirdo but they are two of my favs.

I have a soft spot for DESW. I'm not even a big SW fan, but the game is just fun.

#15 1 year ago
    Quoted from too-many-pins:

In my eyes - if you have the space - 5 or 6 cheaper machines make more sense than one or two higher priced machines. I always say I can have move fun with five $2000 machines then I ever could have with one expensive new machine.

I don't know...where are you getting $2000 machines? Unless you live in very specific locations, most everything that isn't EM is going for at least that even nonworking and trashed out (okay trashed is an exaggeration). It's crazy.

#16 1 year ago
    Quoted from Zablon:

I don't know...where are you getting $2000 machines? Unless you live in very specific locations, most everything that isn't EM is going for at least that even nonworking and trashed out (okay trashed is an exaggeration). It's crazy.

There are still lots of $2000 games out there.

I just bought my sst for $2000. T2 and time machine on my list are 2200 and 1550 respectively. I think you could make a decent collection of 2k machines

#17 1 year ago

Mustang (Pro), Metallica (Pro), Stars, Team One.

Now I know what you’re thinking... how could Tron not be on my list? Well that comes down to cost. It has become too expensive to be on a limited budget list. And I’d rather have the fun of two very enjoyable Stern games than the magic of one of the best. But if the budget was higher, Tron would be on the list.

#18 1 year ago

I'd buy a lot of EM's if I had 10k to spend. Some drop target games, some spinner games, some from the 60's, some from the 70's. I have as much fun playing the 200 dollar EM's than I do the newer games, truth be told.

#19 1 year ago

Fathom, Quicksilver, Surf Champ, Jungle Queen....if anything left over, Volley or Grand Prix

#20 1 year ago

In my local market 10k wouldn’t get you much. One new Stern Premium. Maybe 3 dmd games if your lucky.

Local to me I found.
    AFM original for 11k

TOM for 9.5k

Or

911 for. 2.5k
    JD for. 4.7k
    Totem 1.5k
    Mata Hari 1.4k

Or

NGG for 6k
    R&B for. 3.5k

#21 1 year ago
    Quoted from Scorch:

Here’s my stab at it....
    Time machine - $1550
    Wpt - $3000
    T2 -$2200
    Road show - $3000

Then how come you dont own any of these?

#22 1 year ago
    Quoted from Mitch:

Then how come you dont own any of these?

Because I'm not in the market right now.

But I know my current collection could be purchased for around 10k.

SST, T3, LAH, Roy Clark.

I think that as I change over games, I probably won't be throwing new money at them.... so question I'm asking is; do I sell all 4 and get a newer machine.... or maybe get a smaller collection of better games. Maybe I'll sell 2 to get 3 cheaper games.

And I'm not afraid to work on them, but I don't have a ton of time to fully re-build a game. Replace coils, plastics, rubbers, led's - no problem.... a non-working project - hell no.

#23 1 year ago

For me;
    1 TAF, and then a couple projects, Bally, early to mid 80s.

#24 1 year ago
    Quoted from Scorch:

I think that as I change over games, I probably won't be throwing new money at them.... so question I'm asking is; do I sell all 4 and get a newer machine.... or maybe get a smaller collection of better games. Maybe I'll sell 2 to get 3 cheaper games.

I sold 4 games and bought GOT Pre. Don’t regret it one bit. I made a checklist of things that I like in games, ramps, VUK, upper playfield, ect. GOT checked all the boxes, so I bought NIB.

#25 1 year ago

MMR and NBA Fastbreak is what I did.

#26 1 year ago
    Quoted from tamoore:

I'd buy a lot of EM's if I had 10k to spend. Some drop target games, some spinner games, some from the 60's, some from the 70's. I have as much fun playing the 200 dollar EM's than I do the newer games, truth be told.

I need to find some fun EM's,because that's the only type machine, that I can get up to my second floor.I'd be afraid to take the head off of a modern game,since I'm new to the hobby. I have one pinball machine in my dining room,and I really can't have anymore on my first floor.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 63.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 199.99
    $ 85.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 5,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 84.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 139.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 17.50
    Hardware
    Pinball Haus
    $ 7,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
    $ 40.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Arcade Arts
    $ 2.50
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 96.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 45.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinBoss Mods
    $ 24.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 14.95
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Great American Pinball
    $ 26.95
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside