Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 35 posts
  • 26 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by dung
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6308 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6305 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6307 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6306 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6303 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6302 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6300 (resized).JPG
    #1 7 years ago

Went to look at an operators collection that he's trying to sell off. He had a ton of video games and a few pins. You guys see anything in there I should snag up? He told me he had two black holes, a space shuttle and a haunted house that all needed work l, but he threw me out a number of 300.00 per black hole and 200 for the haunted house which had no boards in it. The big guns he was selling for 800.00. Can't tell what the other stuff is though. He had embryion, lazerball, 8ball deluxe with no backglass, a few F2Ks, future spa. I couldn't see half of them though and he said they needed work.

IMG_6300 (resized).JPGIMG_6300 (resized).JPG

IMG_6302 (resized).JPGIMG_6302 (resized).JPG

IMG_6303 (resized).JPGIMG_6303 (resized).JPG

IMG_6306 (resized).JPGIMG_6306 (resized).JPG

IMG_6307 (resized).JPGIMG_6307 (resized).JPG

IMG_6305 (resized).JPGIMG_6305 (resized).JPG

IMG_6308 (resized).JPGIMG_6308 (resized).JPG

#2 7 years ago

Any Gottlieb video games

Any Nintendo video games

Grab that Capt America and the Avengers for sure.

Big Guns doesnt look too bad

Wish I had some one who cam to me and wanted to "unload" games lol!

#3 7 years ago

What about that Volley? That's one of the first games you should get from there

#4 7 years ago

The Commando arcade machine!

#5 7 years ago

I would take a second look at the Volley and the playfield in particular.

#6 7 years ago

I hate to see old pinball machines or arcade machine sitting around in places all dirty, probably not protected from the elements. No climate control, leaking roofs, etc.....

Love when they get rescued and brought back to life for people to enjoy.

Good luck in your hunt. After you are done picking you should let some other people try and buy and rescue and restore them.

#7 7 years ago

Personally, I'd also look at the Cowboys of Moo Mesa, Sunset Raiders, Centipede, and PacMan/Ms. Pacman.

#8 7 years ago

If the sound doesn't work on Moo Mesa or Sunset Riders it's bascially a parts board... and it's not like you'll get a chance to check before you take them so buyer beware... those Konami boards had epoxy covered sound chips that I'm not sure if anyone has figured out how to fix...maybe the situation has changed in the last few years but like TMNT and X-Men are both notorious for having dead sound..

I want KLAX.

#10 7 years ago

And honestly, if the Future Spa has a great backglass, I'd be interested in talking to you about buying it and shipping it....

#11 7 years ago

Everything.

#12 7 years ago

Volley!!

#13 7 years ago

I would buy the Embryon and I don't even care about condition at this point. I have been looking for one for well over a year now. PM me if you think we can work it out.

#14 7 years ago

$100 per vid, $200 per pin. Start adding it up!

#15 7 years ago

I would happily take the BH, 8 ball deluxe, space invaders.

Hell, I'd take the space shuttle and haunted house too, board or no boards.

Shoot me a price for the pins and your time and effort and I'll make them whole again and keep them in my collection

#16 7 years ago

I'm weird and I really like that tumblepop

#17 7 years ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:

not weird at all man, I don't think I've ever seen that game outside of MAME!

#18 7 years ago

Very Nice Find! Let us know what you are able to pick up.

#19 7 years ago

Who Cares ? At those prices you should be able to buy it all for pennies on the dollar if those are any indication of the prices so far. Just make a package deal for all of it and sort it out later before he looks on Ebay and changes his mind.

John

#20 7 years ago

What Dayhuff said. Buy it ALL, at those prices you cannot lose.

Why are you posting on the internet when you could be loading that entire warehouse into a rental truck?

#21 7 years ago

Looks like a nice treasure trove of stuff. Make an offer on the whole lot, rent a truck, keep what you want, sell off the rest to local collectors at reasonable prices, and depending on how much you keep, you may end up getting the games you want for free.

#22 7 years ago

I don't think everything will be that cheap. Most of the games he is selling for those prices are missing backglassss. He's using a Mr. pinball price guide from 05 to kinda gestimate his prices. I know he would do a deal if I were to buy a good some of them. Cool guy though and definitely could be delt with

#23 7 years ago

I'm good friends with the operator that owns these games. All of his best stuff was picked through years ago. The 8BD has a pretty nice playfield but the cabinet sat outside on a porch for years and it shows. The HH sat on a porch outdoors for years as well and would probably just be a parts game. The games that have been in that building the longest are covered in tons of cat pee. The Embyron has layers upon layers of cat pee on it. I'm not saying these games can't be saved. Pretty much any game can be put back together and restored with enough time and money. I just wanted to give potential buyers a heads up that the games are very rough. On the positive side the seller is a really nice and great guy. He always does his best to give you the full history on a game.

#24 7 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Looks like a nice treasure trove of stuff. Make an offer on the whole lot, rent a truck, keep what you want, sell off the rest to local collectors at reasonable prices, and depending on how much you keep, you may end up getting the games you want for free.

Fully agree with this. Someone will want to fix up those machines and get them running again and at those prices you should do quite well. If you are anywhere close to me, I'm driving when they come up on craigslist or the Pinside market

#25 7 years ago
    Quoted from 1iblind:

I'm good friends with the operator that owns these games. All of his best stuff was picked through years ago. The 8BD has a pretty nice playfield but the cabinet sat outside on a porch for years and it shows. The HH sat on a porch outdoors for years as well and would probably just be a parts game. The games that have been in that building the longest are covered in tons of cat pee. The Embyron has layers upon layers of cat pee on it. I'm not saying these games can't be saved. Pretty much any game can be put back together and restored with enough time and money. I just wanted to give potential buyers a heads up that the games are very rough. On the positive side the seller is a really nice and great guy. He always does his best to give you the full history on a game.

Taking a train wreck and bringing it back to life is half the fun. I see too many of these parted out when a little (ok maybe a lot in this case) sweat equity can at least get them playing again. Wise investment ... perhaps not. But returning machines from the dead is a mission not driven by dollars

#26 7 years ago
    Quoted from 1iblind:

Awesome thanks for the heads up. I couldn't see half the stuff he had in that shed. And your right, he was very good at giving the details on the machines I asked about. Cool guy and hope I can pick up some projects from him. Thanks for the input

#27 7 years ago

This is all junk that is gonna need a TON of work. That big guns should be $400. The Ems $200 each tops.

#28 7 years ago
    Quoted from pookycade:

Taking a train wreck and bringing it back to life is half the fun. I see too many of these parted out when a little (ok maybe a lot in this case) sweat equity can at least get them playing again. Wise investment ... perhaps not. But returning machines from the dead is a mission not driven by dollars

I completely agree. I just wanted potential buyers to have an idea of what they may be getting into. I'm glad collectors out there enjoy saving these games that seem to far gone. I wish I had the time and ability to do the same. I can fix games but I'm not good at restoring them yet. There are fewer and fewer of them everyday and when possible they should be saved. All to often I hear about games being taken to the dump.

#29 7 years ago
    Quoted from Cornelius:

When I was a kid my family went to FL on vacation and they had a tumblepop in the arcade at one of the hotels we stayed at. I sunk a lot of quarters into it and had a blast. My dad was also a small time operator and I wanted him to get a tumblepop but I remember even the boards were on the pricey side (cheap by todays standards I'm sure) so he never did. Always kind of wanted one ever since then!

#30 7 years ago
    Quoted from Dayhuff:

Who Cares ? At those prices you should be able to buy it all for pennies on the dollar if those are any indication of the prices so far. Just make a package deal for all of it and sort it out later before he looks on Ebay and changes his mind.
    John

Sounds good!

Quoted from jwilson:

What Dayhuff said. Buy it ALL, at those prices you cannot lose.
    Why are you posting on the internet when you could be loading that entire warehouse into a rental truck?

Agreed!

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

This is all junk that is gonna need a TON of work. That big guns should be $400. The Ems $200 each tops.

Every. Fuggin. Thread.

#31 7 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

If the sound doesn't work on Moo Mesa or Sunset Riders it's bascially a parts board... and it's not like you'll get a chance to check before you take them so buyer beware... those Konami boards had epoxy covered sound chips that I'm not sure if anyone has figured out how to fix...maybe the situation has changed in the last few years but like TMNT and X-Men are both notorious for having dead sound..
    I want KLAX.

They are fixable. Most of the time you degoop them and replace the caps, and fix the traces the caps are through and you are good. Also someone is now reproducing the sound chips for xmen boards and I know they are working on the others.

#32 7 years ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:

Quoted from Cornelius:

Never seen it at all. But it looked just like Sno Bros or Diet a G0-G0, had to look it up and it is the same (basic concept). Love those games.

#33 7 years ago

No doubt about it. I would buy the collection. I've bought out at least a dozen or more ops this way. Add up everything he has then make an offer. You can fix up a few games and sell them to make your money back. The rest will be free.

#34 7 years ago
    Quoted from Dr-Willy:

They are fixable. Most of the time you degoop them and replace the caps, and fix the traces the caps are through and you are good. Also someone is now reproducing the sound chips for xmen boards and I know they are working on the others.

Yes! I just found it. Really really good that this is happening!

https://forums.arcade-museum.com/showthread.php?t=396393

#35 7 years ago

Not worth anything, but neat to see a Gottlieb Bell Ringer, only 160 made.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/you-guys-see-anything?hl=jdissen87 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.