pin-mud.jpeg
DATA_EAST_TEENAGE_MUTANT_NINJA_TURTLE.jpeg
DSC_9073_(Custom).JPG
image.jpg
FT4.jpg
FT3.jpg
FT2.jpg
FT1.jpg
There are 79 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 10 years ago
Quoted from tpn2011:

Where can I find a 1400$ ft

As others have said, many sales happen out of the public eye. The best way is to get to know other people who are into pinball, preferably local to you.

I sold a Fishtales to someone in my pinball league for $1400 about 6 months ago. No mud

Not collector quality by any stretch, but a decent player. Fish inserts weren't bad, cabinet fade but not as faded as the one in the photo, it had the topper and everything worked as far as I know.

#53 10 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

^^^
as expected, it didn't take long to happen in this thread either... satan himself could post a for sale ad, and at least one person would jump in and say "great guy! great seller!"...

$666.00 by Xmas

#54 10 years ago

Lots of horror stories on RGP about Barry.

#55 10 years ago

I might be overstepping boundaries, but I have never heard of this guy, I would have had no idea of his reputation! I thank-you all for enlightening me....Is there any chance there is a stickie or a site that allows noobs and "uneducated" people to recognize and avoid these sellers???

#56 10 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Barry has had a bad wrap for as long as I been collecting. 9 years and nothing has changed. $500 for a flooded FT is to much. Fluffy cabinet alone, means your going to have more parts than just buying a nicer one for $1400. Usually the only things useable in a flood game is the boards, plastics and metal hardware. All the wood, coils and switches are usually ruined. Mud gets in all those and turns it to a piece of crap. Mostly parts machines. Which I would barely pay $300 for.

Quoted from tpn2011:

Where can I find a 1400$ ft

I got $1400...I want one too!

#57 10 years ago

Is this the guy?

image.jpgimage.jpg

#58 10 years ago

All I can say about Barrywnj is this. My brother bought an IJ from him and literally cried...and I do mean cried...when he open the box and saw what a piece of $%#@ barry sent to him. Bubble gum stickers on drop targets, parts broken and areas not working, cabinet faded down to the wood, etc. This is after he sent my brother a stock photo of what (supposedly) his IJ pin would look like. That is not how you treat potential customers, let alone human beings.

#59 10 years ago
Quoted from Indypin:

All I can say about Barrywnj is this. My brother bought an IJ from him and literally cried...and I do mean cried...when he open the box and saw what a piece of $%#@ barry sent to him. Bubble gum stickers on drop targets, parts broken and areas not working, cabinet faded down to the wood, etc. This is after he sent my brother a stock photo of what (supposedly) his IJ pin would look like. That is not how you treat potential customers, let alone human beings.

I hate to hear this. That's terrible. I'm surprised this Barry guy hasn't gotten his butt kicked a few times for dealings like this.

#60 10 years ago

Thanks for the heads up. I'm New to this hobby and didn't know about this seller. I would have looked at the 100% feedback with 3800 ratings and felt comfortable buying something had I been looking on eBay.

Now I just need to find someone local with Barry's prices. Lol

#61 10 years ago

Here's an example I have of a "fully working" game from Barry.

DSC_9073_(Custom).JPGDSC_9073_(Custom).JPG

I'm going to work on another Barry game today. It has taken probably 15 hours of work to finally get it reliable and operating correctly.

#62 10 years ago

Wow Thanks for the Warning! I am new to Pinside and have a renewed interest in pinball in general. I have been researching and looking at possibly getting a used machine of my own, I had looked at several of this guys listings on Ebay, you guys may have save my wallet and health. Great and helpful thread for a noob like me.

#63 10 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

As others have said, many sales happen out of the public eye. The best way is to get to know other people who are into pinball, preferably local to you.

Neo, Tim, TomG, I'm eyeballing you guys and your amazing collections.

#64 10 years ago

My collection isn't amazing anymore. Half my good shit is gone. Look away....look away.

#65 10 years ago

Thanks for the heads up guys. I also considered buying from him, since some of his prices and pics look attractive.

#66 10 years ago

Barry's stuff is Junk, If you need parts maybe, but a project to restore its a big PASS, I worked as a Plumber for many years and Black Water will Get you SICK,especially if it soaks into wood and you start sanding and Breathing the fibers. We needed to get all sorts of shots to protect ourselves. That STAR TREK was so bad I cant imagine it wasnt under water. Now that being said if Barry had a MB and it had a complete wiring harness I would buy the game and have him send me the harness and keep the game lol. Just be careful and inspect the games first dont ship you will not be happy.

#67 10 years ago

I do need some plastics for my DM. And a ramp flap. Maybe he can send me those.

#68 10 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

My collection isn't amazing anymore. Half my good shit is gone. Look away....look away.

The look away....look away made me laugh. But come on, LOTR, TFLE, TS, Tommy, ACDC + more. Very nice collection! Still have to get down there and have you show me some things now that I have a machine to maintain.

#69 10 years ago

I'd never heard the name Barrywnj before, but I'm relatively new to the hobby. Thanks for the warning!

#70 10 years ago

I actually sold a machine to him a little while back. He actually made me a fair offer, and picked it up. I don't think I would buy from him though...

Not sure if anyone knows him, but I actually saw him both days at Allentown scoping machines...so if anyone sold anything to him, chances are it will be up on eBay in a day with a 30% markup at minimum!

#71 10 years ago
Quoted from DEWSHO:

The look away....look away made me laugh. But come on, LOTR, TFLE, TS, Tommy, ACDC + more. Very nice collection! Still have to get down there and have you show me some things now that I have a machine to maintain.

Well for me, my collection is still nice as I don't keep games I don't think are top 20's. But a lot of my unique and elite stuff is out the door.

#72 10 years ago

Not sure if his auction for a TMNT pin was under water or dragged down the highway. My guess, both.

DATA_EAST_TEENAGE_MUTANT_NINJA_TURTLE.jpegDATA_EAST_TEENAGE_MUTANT_NINJA_TURTLE.jpeg pin-mud.jpegpin-mud.jpeg

#73 10 years ago

that would be water damage. Massively. That's known as a parts machine.

#74 10 years ago

Nah, if you ask Barry, it's an easy fix

#75 10 years ago

OK- I'm about to be killed here- BUT.....

I've bought 3 machines from Barry and 2 out of the 3 of them (Stern Indy and Stern Simpson's) looked practically new.

Did they need some love....yes?

My TOM came a little more grungy that I would have liked- but I have restored it to collector quality. He gave me a good deal, and delivered it to me personally- with no problems.

I have another machine coming from him on Wed. I'll let you know how it goes.

But- I simply haven't had these problems with him- perhaps because he's physically bringing them to me and I obviously can decide not to take it if I'm not happy.

Assuming all goes well- this will be my 4th from him.

He's always willing to cut a deal - but you DO have to have a good working knowledge of pins to make sure these machines are good before you pay for them.

As with anything- buyer beware.

But to unilaterally trash him may not be fair. Or perhaps I'm the exception to the rule- but I have a hard time believing that.

(let the bashing begin!--- I can take it).

#76 10 years ago

I'm sure people will bash you, but you're entitled to have good experiences too!

#77 10 years ago

Just bought a machine from Barry, and I stumbled onto this thread today. I have been cringing with each post...

The machine looks good to me, and I've been playing it pretty thoroughly, but I am definitely not an expert. He delivered it, and asked me to play the machine while he was there. We looked underneath the playfield, and nothing seemed out of place. No water damage.

Anyway, I guess time will tell. Just goes to show you that Pinside knows best. I'll check here first next time.

SS

#78 10 years ago
Quoted from HitLines:

Not sure if his auction for a TMNT pin was under water or dragged down the highway. My guess, both.

That's an HUO!!! (Highway Use Only)

#79 10 years ago

well not every one of his games are going to be crap. It's not like he purposely sabotages each one. Sometimes he'll stumble upon a good one to flip. But most are water leaky warehouses and crappy container games that were parts machines. You have to pick up in person, or you'll be unhappy.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Davenport, FL
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

1,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Newburgh, NY
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Scranton, PA
$ 22.50
$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

There are 79 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/you-guys-be-careful-of-this/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.