(Topic ID: 22343)

You guys are right about TF

By Pinchroma

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Jennifer-Morrison4.jpg
    DJ.jpg
    There are 158 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.
    #1 11 years ago

I went to Point Pleasant boardwalk today with my family and Jenkinsons arcade has an acdc pro and a TF. Both pretty dirty but both functioning and playable. Wow is TF a bad game. For one the replay was at 12mil. Got that on my first ball by getting 2 multiballs. That ball lock is right in th center of the playfield. It's easy to just keep hitting it. The rules just seem very incoherent. I was able to get big points but never felt like anything was achieved.

The 2 toys look ( megatron and prime ) look like they were from toysRus.

I'm not saying I didn't enjoy playing a new game but I know I couldn't own it. It just feels incomplete. The playfield feels crOwded yet bare if that makes any sense?

I actually put 2 bucks in for 3 plays and just finished my first game (64mil). Walked away and gave the other 2 credits to some young'ins who were watching

#2 11 years ago

Yep. Everytime I go to Gameworks I try to get into this game. Everytime, I walk away and go...this game sucks. My opinion...

#3 11 years ago

I'll agree, it does suck right out of the box. I knew it had potential before I bought it. I pulled toys and re-engineered mine. Now it's got fast action and great flow. The audio is killer and the muiltballs are crazy. The game takes a lot of re-work to get it right. It's one of my favorite sterns now.

#4 11 years ago
    Quoted from Tommi_Gunn:

I'll agree, it does suck right out of the box. I knew it had potential before I bought it. I pulled toys and re-engineered mine. Now it's got fast action and great flow. The audio is killer. The game takes a lot of re-work to get it right. It's one of my favorite sterns now.

Probably why I didn't like mine. It probably needed too many tweaks to get it to play well. I gave it the nickname of "Plinko LE" cause that's what it felt like playing it. That's ok those that love it good for them. I don't miss it at all that's for sure.

#5 11 years ago

I disagree. I have more fun on TF LE than other new pins. Agree to disagree though.

#6 11 years ago

I'm talking the Pro now. I wouldn't bother with the LE.

#7 11 years ago
    Quoted from Tommi_Gunn:

I'm talking the Pro now. I wouldn't bother with the LE.

If I was ever to get one again (which is highly unlikely) it would be the Pro.

#8 11 years ago

I guess I just really enjoy the sounds and light show. It gets so chaotic within the multi-balls and modes. If the rumored final update happens...... cool..
    I can see why some would not like it though. That's cool too. I actually really think it is a great, fun and fast game. The sounds just rock on it.

#9 11 years ago

I'll pick up a pro when it's in the bargain bin. The only LE feature I wish was in the pro is the drop target in front of Megatron to make that shot a bit harder. Other than that, the other two major differences (Ironhide and Starscream) are absolutely useless and do nothing but slow the game down IMO.

The pro is a decent game, and the theme does it for me (as does the music). I also wish they had sprung to get Peter Cullen to do proper Prime voiceovers.. the different Prime voices is stupid.

ALSO, as a side, I think it's AWESOME that they added the classic G1 Soundwave voice to the game (listen for it, you'll catch it)

#10 11 years ago

Ohh and the dots? They are impossible to follow. Watching the action of the transformers movies are hard enough with the way Michael bay films it but taking those and making them directl translations to dmd makes them very difficult to understand. Most of the time it just looked like static.

#11 11 years ago

The game can be a chore for sure, and it can take forever. But the rules are aboot as simple to understand as you can get. Shoot lit arrows to starts modes, hit lit arrows during modes to complete them. Complete all modes etc etc. Pretty basic stuff.

12 million is nothing really, as are most pinball machines low replay setting. I don;t think I've ever walked up to a machine with the base replay and not scored it.

Toys are not that great IMO...and the LE toys cheapen it even more. I think it's a fun player though...but it wants too much. And the DMDs do a very accurate job of capturing the action from the films to be honest. As in shakey, confusing, and not able to hold my interest.

#12 11 years ago

I enjoy the pro. I prefer it over the LE.

#13 11 years ago

TF is the one game in which I prefer the pro. It has decent flow where the LE suffers IMO. That mini playfield is a major bust for me. I really don't like either one but, would choose the pro in this case.

#14 11 years ago

Love my Decepticon!

#15 11 years ago

One thing I have learned is during multi-ball it is nice that the iron hide mini pf slows the ball down. Give you a second to breath on the right flipper. I also dont want ALL of my games to play the same. I want diversity in the play. If they all had perfect flow from ramps it would get stale quick. TF LE has PLENTY of orbit flow. Left, right, middle. To each their own though. Coke or Pepsi right? It's all relative.

#16 11 years ago
    Quoted from pinball_customs:

I'll pick up a pro when it's in the bargain bin.

+1

Can't wait until I see CL ads for $2500 TF's.

#17 11 years ago
    Quoted from kwiKimart:

Can't wait until I see CL ads for $2500 TF's.

good luck....might find one in 10 years or so for $2500.....love my autobots!!

#18 11 years ago

What a worthless thread

#19 11 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

Love my Decepticon!

For now....

#20 11 years ago

I can respect that some like it.. I gave it my best to like mine when I owned it. I mean it's a huge investment.. and I WANTED to like it. Buyers' remorse finally won out in the end for me though, and thankfully I sold it for what I paid before the price drops further. Picked up an Xmen LE instead and never looked back.

TF is one of those pins that would do better in a large collection. I want a pro simply for the Transformers nostalgia, so naturally my "bargain price" idea is wishful thinking.

#21 11 years ago
    Quoted from MMuller:

What a worthless thread

Trolling thread

#22 11 years ago

When I get 1500 plays on it like you had I might start to feel different, yes.

Your dislike of the game seems kind of contradictory. I mean, who the hell puts 1500 plays on a pin that they hate?

#23 11 years ago
    Quoted from TomGWI:

Trolling thread

How so? I see no trolling going on.. the man is simply stating why he doesn't like the game, and everyone has been pretty civil so far. It's unfair to label someone a troll for not liking a game..

#24 11 years ago

How so? I see no trolling going on.. the man is simply stating why he doesn't like the game, and everyone has been pretty civil so far. It's unfair to label someone a troll for not liking a game..

Alexlevy = WOZ fanboy. End of story.

#25 11 years ago
    Quoted from MMuller:

What a worthless thread

Followed by a worthless post.

#26 11 years ago
    Quoted from perryd:

good luck....might find one in 10 years or so for $2500.....love my autobots!!

Then it will be on the bang for buck list and everyone will rave about how great it is.

#27 11 years ago

At the rate prices are skyrocketting, in 10 years $2500 will be the average Gottlieb price

#28 11 years ago

At the rates prices are skyrocketting, in 10 years $2500 will be the average Gottlieb price

That's a scary thought

#29 11 years ago

Just played some TFLE tonight. Love it. Still feel it's better than X-Men.
    Better flow, better action, better software. Agree to disagree.

#30 11 years ago

I would actually love a pro. Just throw some LEDs in it, add a toy or two of my own, and call it a day.

Might fish locally to see if I could find a HUO.

What would be a fair offer for a pro?

#31 11 years ago
    Quoted from mnpinball:

Just played some TFLE tonight. Love it. Still feel it's better than X-Men.
    Better flow, better action, better software. Agree to disagree.

you need to put the pot down lol....

#32 11 years ago

I hate to admit I agree but I do.

#33 11 years ago

If anyone has an LE HUO sub $5000, I'll take it. Someone sold a Decepticon 1 day out of the box for $4800 or $4900 a week or so ago. I'm also interested in an Avatar LE in the $4300-4600 range. So, if you hear anything, please post or PM me. I appreciate it.

#34 11 years ago
    Quoted from coasterguy:

I hate to admit I agree but I do.

So do I.

#35 11 years ago

Have any of you 3 put near 2,000 games on one yet?

#36 11 years ago
    Quoted from TomGWI:

Alexlevy = WOZ fanboy. End of story.

What does WOZ have to do with this? Seems like you are the troll. I reviewed a game I played for the first time. Don't like it don't read it. Now f*ck off and go back to playing your pin aimed at pre pubescent boys and let the adults chat.

Btw I'm also a Mm,TZ,tspp,Lotr,Tom,afm fanboy. As im sure many others are.

#37 11 years ago
    Quoted from AkumaZeto:

you need to put the pot down lol....

Its time to take your meds again

#38 11 years ago
    Quoted from Pinchroma:

go back to playing your pin aimed at post pubescent boys.

Not trying to sound like a dick, but I think most of us are post pubescent

#39 11 years ago

Not trying to sound like a dick, but I think most of us are post pubescent

Reread it . I had to edit it from my iPhone.

#40 11 years ago
    Quoted from MMuller:

Its time to take your meds again

Must be i passed on two wh20 for 1,000 i am losing my mind

#41 11 years ago

Akuma your all right in my book

#42 11 years ago
    Quoted from AkumaZeto:

Must be i passed on two wh20 for 1,000 i am losing my mind

DUDE!! Send one of those my way!! lol

#43 11 years ago
    Quoted from MMuller:

Akuma your all right in my book

Damn right i am lol...you to man! I will be up that way soon poking locals. I will have to show you the OP roadblock in person.

#44 11 years ago

The people who are calling this a troll thread are the same ones who would have said I was nuts if I gave it a good review.

Can't win sometimes. I swear some people are too damn sensitive about a hobby. Probably the same folks that got their asses kicked in high school for tying to be a smartass to a big jock

#45 11 years ago
    Quoted from Pinchroma:

I swear some people are too damn sensitive about a hobby. Probably the same folks that got their asses kicked in high school for tying to be a smartass to a big jock

Then how do you explain the fact that I was the jock in high school who kicked smartass's asses, but still think this is a troll thread?

#46 11 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

Then how do you explain the fact that I was the jock in high school who kicked smartass's asses, but still think this is a troll thread?

+1

#47 11 years ago
    Quoted from Pinchroma:

The people who are calling this a troll thread are the same ones who would have said I was nuts if I gave it a good review.
    Can't win sometimes. I swear some people are too damn sensitive about a hobby. Probably the same folks that got their asses kicked in high school for tying to be a smartass to a big jock

Your nuts.

#48 11 years ago

Alright alright. Shake your dicks, this pissin contest is over.

#49 11 years ago

I enjoyed beating the shit out of people because i like to fight and beat the shit out of people lol. Never hurts to get your ass kicked for more motivation to fight again though

Yayyyyy TF sucks it rocks who cares if you dont own it and never will yeahhhhhhh lol. It has its up and downs but its not a horrid game per se.

#50 11 years ago

I wasn't for it as well. To each his own.

There are 158 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/you-guys-are-right-about-tf and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.