New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 52826)

You guys are gonna laugh

By o-din

7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 34 posts
  • 20 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Pin-it
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

DSC00883.JPG

#1 7 years ago

When you've got pinball machines coming in like 747s at LAX, and your trying to get them all in top working order, sometimes you overlook the obvious.

A lot of the pins I've acquired are in like new condition, others I've spent months fixing boards, flippers, stepper motors, score reels etc. Shopping them out, installing leds on some, all the usual fun stuff. And probably spending way too much time on pinside.

So I finally have them all working great, and last night I decided it was time to put some serious play on them. I'm rocking my favorites, and I head over to Nascar, which is in like new condition. Now I've played the heck out of this game before, and put high scores on it, but somethings not right. Most of the playfield insert lights aren't working. So I'm talking to a friend on the phone, and he says "I told you that weeks ago". So I find the bad fuse, replace it and wow! Now this games really cool! I never noticed.

Yuk it up guys.

#2 7 years ago

Not unlike owning a machine for years before noticing that it had the wrong sling.

DSC00883.JPG

#3 7 years ago
    Quoted from Patofnaud:

Not unlike owning a machine for years before noticing that it had the wrong sling.

Nice!

#4 7 years ago
    Quoted from Patofnaud:

In some ways, the it fits. Playfield suggestive of a Funhouse. No?

Dan

#5 7 years ago

I did however notice the fuse holders on the driver board weren't tight on the fuses, so maybe they were working at one time. Who knows.

#6 7 years ago

Quite possible. Not like the intermittent would affect game play, it could have been on other times you looked.

#8 7 years ago

I did a similar thing recently. Shopped a game and had been playing it for a few weeks. Buddy comes over and notices my pop bumpers are all dark. So I start by checking the bulbs first. Easy fix, I forgot to put bulbs in the pops.

#9 7 years ago

O-Din your NASCAR was like that when I was there, but that didn't stop us from putting several games in on it! Yours plays nicer than any other NASCAR I've ever seen, and I usually make it a point to play that when I see it. I enjoy it.

#10 7 years ago
    Quoted from practicalsteve:

What game is that patofnaud?

DE Playboy 35th. Sling is from WW. On my defense, back in the early 90's when I got the machine we didn't have none of this newfangled interwebs, IPBD, Pinside, ect,,,, and you would have to actually see another machine to notice.

#11 7 years ago
    Quoted from PinballMolly:

O-Din your Nascar was like that when I was there, but that didn't stop us from putting several games in on it!

I was thinking about you Molly. I was wondering if you or anybody else noticed. Still a fun game anyway, eh?

#12 7 years ago

Actually that sling is from FH

#13 7 years ago
    Quoted from hawkeye11:

Easy fix, I forgot to put bulbs in the pops.

Done that.
    And no fun on Addams Family where you have to take the ramp off the get to that very back pop.

#14 7 years ago

o-din, how did you miss that?

I led'd mine out, the light show is fantastic.

#15 7 years ago

I owned my DW for about 8 months until I realized the little metal protector was sitting on top of the plastic slingshot rather than under. I was like, "hmmm...wonder why that's like that?" Looked under, broken slings...too late to do anything about it, why didn't I see that backhanded move from the seller to begin with?

Oh well, luckily DW slings aren't too hard to find, or too expensive.

#16 7 years ago

I may be missing the cue here, but is this when we offer you a snickers bar?

#17 7 years ago
    Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

o-din, how did you miss that?

You might say I was distracted.

#18 7 years ago

When I got my Bally Atlantis and played it for a couple of weeks, I thought it strange that the left orbit shot to the top of the playfield would just roll the ball back through the pops. I told myself "this game should have been designed with a one way spring gate on the upper right to keep the ball up near the rollovers when you shoot it up to the top of the playfield"

I looked on IPDB and realized the gate was just missing. Funny thing is I had the plastic off to replace bulbs in that area and never noticed the plastic had a cutout in it where the gate gets mounted." DOH!

#19 7 years ago

It's always the little things that are the most important.Attention to detail as they say.....

#20 7 years ago

I thought we were going to laugh because you own a NASCAR!!!

#21 7 years ago
    Quoted from surfsidedetail:

I thought we were going to laugh because you own a Nascar!!!

I know you were laughing when I picked it over some others.

#22 7 years ago
    Quoted from stretch2:

It's always the little things that are the most important.Attention to detail as they say.....

My Addams Family operated perfectly for years without the wire ball gate in the ball trough that keeps balls from going backwards. After I shopped it everything moved so fast that the balls were popping back constantly. Never even knew that part existed or was missing until needed.

#23 7 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I was thinking about you Molly. I was wondering if you or anybody else noticed. Still a fun game anyway, eh?

Oh we noticed instantly, but just didn't want be be "that guy" complaining about the one little flaw at an otherwise awesome party! Perhaps it's because I'm an operator of generally shoddy games, but I'm super sensitive about personally getting hung up on other peoples' collection hiccups. Unless it's an immediate concern, like a locked up coil or something, I usually just smile and move on. I have a much more enjoyable time with that mindset. And I still have yet to see a perfect collection LOL

#24 7 years ago

Yeah, had our Cyclone for a long while before I realized the sling plastics were from Flash Gordon

#25 7 years ago

Oh we noticed instantly, but just didn't want be be "that guy" complaining about the one little flaw at an otherwise awesome party!

You are definitely not that guy! Not a guy at all. Tonight I'll try to fix that stubborn intermittent switch in the crypt, so it's ready should you want to play it again.

#26 7 years ago

I had a ToM once that had no GI or Flashers and I never even noticed. I enjoyed the hell out of the game but once I realized it had issues and fixed them, it was an epic eye-opening experience when I played a fully working one

#27 7 years ago

I'm thinking...tomorrow? I just got back from the continent of Africa and then had a movie shooting overnight at PNN so my sleep is all jacked up. Do you work during the day? I could always go jump on that Metallica again too, I need to try and get into it. Everyone loves it so I'm missing something!

#28 7 years ago

I'm thinking...tomorrow? I just got back from the continent of Africa and then had a movie shooting overnight at PNN so my sleep is all jacked up. Do you work during the day?

Get your rest if you need it Molly, but tomorrow's fine! I'm no longer the world traveler like you, so I'm around. I work Mon, Tues, Thurs. Thats it!

#29 7 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

So I find the bad fuse, replace it and wow!

Your low utilities bill is beginning to make sense now.

Kim

#30 7 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I work Mon, Tues, Thurs. Thats it!

WHAT!!!!!????

#31 7 years ago

Yep! This is work. And when I get rid of my satellite and phone bill, I'll be down to two days a week.

#32 7 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I work Mon, Tues, Thurs. Thats it!

Quoted from Pafasa:

WHAT!!!!!????

Just enough payroll to pay his electric bill.

#33 7 years ago
    Quoted from Pafasa:

WHAT!!!!!????

OK , I did work the last two Saturdays, too. My boss had a couple of outings to go to.

#34 7 years ago

Maybe the lights on the Nascar are why your electric bills are low.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 40.00
    Electronics
    Docent Electronics
    $ 999.00
    $ 39.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Concealed Art
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 8.99
    Electronics
    Dr. Dave's Pinball Parts
    $ 1.95
    Various Novelties
    Pinball Wheezer
    $ 19.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 18.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 7,699.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 96.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 279.95
    Lighting - Led
    Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
    € 50.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Creo Pinball
    $ 30.00
    Electronics
    Third Coast Pinball
    $ 65.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 4.49
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    $ 10.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 57.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinBoss Mods
    $ 29.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 399.95
    Lighting - Led
    Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 40.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Arcade Arts
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Protection
    Pin Mods
    $ 28.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 38.00
    Playfield - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 42.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 40.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Arcade Arts

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside