Topic Stats

• 174 posts
  • 109 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by fast_in_muskoka
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 16 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_20131104_115400_884.jpg
IMG_20130730_114654_393.jpg
20130902_121348.jpg
home baking 2.jpg
Hb2.jpg
Hb 1.jpg
image-590.jpg
ffff.jpg
minori10.jpg
1240642768_lol_thats_funny_26882_1287.jpeg
honeyImhome!.gif
d.jpg
r.jpg
securedownload.jpg
securedownloadv.jpg
vv.jpg

There are 174 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.
#101 6 years ago

I hit an oak tree head on a week after I got my license when I was sixteen and totalled the '86 Celebrity I was driving. A must have been drunk (as nobody really had cell phones, I had my dad's that was in a bag) driver came around a curve driving in my lane on a two lane road. I swerved to the right so I wouldn't hit him and accelerated to get out of the way - only half my car had dropped off the side of the road into a ditch, and I never let off the gas trying to pull it back out. Brake? WTH is that? :/

It happens. I'm glad that everyone involved was okay.

#102 6 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

Was there a boyfriend that fled the scene right after? A "thanks for the good night" third base, if he was driving, could have resulted in this
Above that, women drivers... what else needs to be said. I can tell you how many times I've had to repair the side mirrors on our vehicles from my wife somehow not being able to navigate through the large double car opening of our garage...

I have had to replace two on my wife's car also.. but give her a break, its a two car garage with single car openings...

#103 6 years ago

That girl simply should not be allowed to get a driver's license. I have no idea how people can just freeze up and not react. I'm also amazed at how hard folks press the pedals in their cars in driveways/parking lots... it's like they they think the pedals only have an "on" and an "off".

I'm glad that you had not moved in yet and no one got hurt.

#104 6 years ago

No-one hurt....no pins hurt!!!

But geez its got to be a couple hundred feet from her garage to yours. That is one person that SHOULD not drive until they get their priorites straight and grow up a little. If you cannot find the freakin brake in a couple hundred feet SHE SHOULD NOT BE DRIVING! She had to be distracted by something because I'm sure that wasn't the first time she was driving if she was alone. She obviously knew where the brake was before this happened. Prob on the phone or texting. Thank God a neighbor wasnt walking a baby carriage in front of your driveway...thank God there wasn't a bus stop on your side of the road.

Glad no-one was hurt and hopefully a huge lesson learned by the driver.

#105 6 years ago

Yikes! Sorry to hear this, glad everyone is ok.

Tell your wife to look at the bright side. You get a free garage door, paint job for your car and kitchen reno out of the whole ordeal.

#106 6 years ago
Quoted from maddog14:

wow, I'd be like wtf?

I think he was. ho-leeee crap. Well, at least you got to know the neighbors right off!

#107 6 years ago
Quoted from gambit:

Wow that sucks. Also walls in US must be kind of weak, if someone would drive in to my house (wood) not much would happen, i would have to replace a few planks on the panel but not much more!

his house is wood build, and yours would do the same, they are just 2x4 or 2x6 on 16" center with drywall, each stud will two nails in the bottom and two in the top. each nail has a shear rating force of 300lbs, 4-5 studs and drywall isn't going to stop that! 4000lbs of car and and 2000lbs of force, that would have knocked concrete out! he also has a poured concrete step that the car backed up onto or the car would have stopped on the concrete pony wall ( 2' foundation the house walls sit on top of) but that would have fractured the concrete there and shifted the joice structure of the floor.
ok rant over .

#109 6 years ago
Quoted from bbaker2824:

I'm thinking my daughter who totaled 2 cars at different times on the same tree wasn't such a bad driver after all....
Sorry about your house but glad everyone it's alright.

Hey man sorry to break it to you but your daughter is a horrible driver also!! Just messing with ya! But seriously glad nobody got hurt, could have been a horrible story.

#110 6 years ago
Quoted from marcos:

Taking out a side mirror seems just slightly less damaging than totaling a couple vehicles, garage door, and part of the interior of a house.
-Mark

really? oh jeez, thanks for pointing that out.

#111 6 years ago

Driving is a right not a privilege ... whoops that was the teens idea.

"In 2010, 10,228 people were killed in alcohol-impaired driving crashes, accounting for nearly one-third (31%) of all traffic-related deaths in the United States."

This is in the potential area of the other 2/3 of crashes, people who harp on drunk driving are avoiding the bigger issue of terrible drivers. They revoke an under the influence driver's license if they crash or not, yet people who crash sober can do it over and over with no action taken against them.

#112 6 years ago

I am having a hard time wrapping my head around this. So she was able to drive from her folks' driveway into yours. Then she was supposed to back out the card into the street?

What part of that entails slamming on the gas hard enough to plow through someones house? She had to have floored it.

#113 6 years ago

wouldn't have happened if it was a manual. who teaches thier kids to drive in icey conditions? that should be child endangerment.

#114 6 years ago
Quoted from SKILL_SHOT:

wouldn't have happened if it was a manual. who teaches thier kids to drive in icey conditions? that should be child endangerment.

Hey man, i grew up in northern Michigan. If you don't learn how to drive on snow covered roads you and everyone you drive near are in big trouble for months out of the year.

#115 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

What are the chances of that happening again??

Exactly the same chances of it happening the first time...

#116 6 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

If a car did this to my house, it would take out the wall with 6 pins up against it. Thanks for making me nervous!

Feel free to redirect the STLE shipment to my place for safekeeping.

#117 6 years ago

I hear ya but thers got to be a progression not sink or swim.

#118 6 years ago

Hey, on the bright side, you will probably do great with the insurance check, and if ya play your cards right, you might be able to buy a couple more pins with the overage

#119 6 years ago

Shitter!

Make sure the insurance also covers putting the neighbours keys hook higher up the wall out of reach!

Did the previous house owners give a reason for sale, was it a really good deal? Just kidding, glad nobody was hurt.

#120 6 years ago

What was the reason for the previous owners selling and moving elsewhere?

Did it possibly have something to do with the neighbors across the street?

#121 6 years ago

Find out what kind of tires she has on her car, to get traction in snow/ice and do that kind of damage proves they're great tires..
Glad no one was hurt.
Saw my neighbor floor it backwards into the wooded lot across the street once, no one hurt, minor damage.

#123 6 years ago

There is something missing in this story. If she has a learners permit she should not be behind the wheel without a licensed driver in the car, or at least that's the rules in NY
This would seem to be a criminal act, at the very minimum I would think she would have her learners permit revoked.
I would think a breathalyzer and blood test were in order at the scene.
So, why wasn't there a licensed driver in the car?

#124 6 years ago

It could have been worse, you might have just washed the car... Now that would have been a shame..

#125 6 years ago

b a t . c a v e

#126 6 years ago
Quoted from pinzrfun:

well the 16 year old girl across the street with the learners permit was moving the parents car out of their garage

Quoted from Colehvac1:

There is something missing in this story. If she has a learners permit she should not be behind the wheel without a licensed driver in the car, or at least that's the rules in NY
This would seem to be a criminal act, at the very minimum I would think she would have her learners permit revoked.

She was just moving the car out of the garage. She wasn't heading out by herself into town from the sound of it.
Probably heard one of her parents say that they need to move the car for some reason, and being the anxious teenager, volunteered to move it out. Probably sort of like "Hey Mom, I'll back it out for you. I'll be careful."

#127 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

She was just moving the car out of the garage. She wasn't heading out by herself into town from the sound of it.
Probably heard one of her parents say that they need to move the car for some reason, and being the anxious teenager, volunteered to move it out. Probably sort of like "Hey Mom, I'll back it out for you. I'll be careful."

this sounds right to me, as long as a person doesn't leave private property they don't have to be licensed to operate a motor vehicle, from garage to outside pad she's ok.
i let my 13 year old drive my 2014 rubicon all over my yard ( watching from my deck) but i live on 5 acres surrounded by forest and farming land. and i trust her as she has been using my toolcat 5600 to cut grass, push snow, even dig and grade parts of my yard from the age of 11 and only once she has took a good chunk out of a fence post.

#128 6 years ago
Quoted from Colehvac1:

When you were a teen, did you let little things like rules keep you from driving when your parents were out?

#129 6 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

When you were a teen, did you let little things like rules keep you from driving when your parents were out?

nope, except they were way smarter than me...

They wrote down the miles on the odometer, can you say busted !

#130 6 years ago

Someone please throw up a pic of Raymond from movie Rainman driving the big convertible.

You know. "Dad let's me drive slow in the driver. I'm an excellent driver."

#131 6 years ago
Quoted from Gerry:

nope, except they were way smarter than me...
They wrote down the miles on the odometer, can you say busted !

Busted!

For a while you could pull the fuse, but latter the fuse also killed the speedometer.

#132 6 years ago
Quoted from Colehvac1:

The girl wont be able to get her license until she is 18 now. And the mother, who should have been in the care, was issued a misdemeanor which the officer said she wasn't happy about. Cop said she would have taken her to jail but there was nobody home to watch the minor. depending what judge Mom gets in front of, she may do jail time due to the extensive damage.

#133 6 years ago
Quoted from pinzrfun:

depending what judge Mom gets in front of, she may do jail time due to the extensive damage.

Hopefully the mom goes to jail for at least a year for something her daughter accidentally did.

#134 6 years ago

at least she wasn't in an SUV.

#135 6 years ago

The law is the law for a reason, the fact that the mom gave the keys to a teen with a learners permit is criminal, either that or the teen took the keys without permission which is criminal, with that said, I sure hope the mom doesn't go to jail for this, community service might be more appropriate, but jail time would be harsh. After reading this story and seeing what happened I wont even let my teenage boys start the car in cold weather. honestly im surprised they are going to allow her to get a license at 18 I would have thought 21.

Quoted from vid1900:Hopefully the mom goes to jail for at least a year for something her daughter accidentally did.

its not an accident, the mom as a licensed driver may have had the presence of mind to shut the ignition or push her leg off the gas or who knows? This is why the law says you need to have a licensed driver in the car with a learner, usually of a certain age like 18 or older. yes I too have made mistakes, but I understand I have to pay the piper and did.

Quoted from vid1900:When you were a teen, did you let little things like rules keep you from driving when your parents were out?

#136 6 years ago
Quoted from pinzrfun:

The girl wont be able to get her license until she is 18 now. And the mother, who should have been in the care, was issued a misdemeanor which the officer said she wasn't happy about. Cop said she would have taken her to jail but there was nobody home to watch the minor. depending what judge Mom gets in front of, she may do jail time due to the extensive damage.

The fact that the cop was considering taking the mom to jail also shows that the cop found that this was criminal in some way. unfortunately the insurance may not cover it because she was in the car without a licensed driver, and you may have to get a lawyer and sue them to be compensated.

#137 6 years ago
Quoted from Colehvac1:

The law is the law for a reason..... the teen took the keys without permission which is criminal, with that said, I sure hope the mom doesn't go to jail for this, community service might be more appropriate, but jail time would be harsh.

If the law says the mom has to go to jail for something the daughter did by accident, then the mom should be in jail.

That is the price of living in America.

#138 6 years ago

Hopefully they will still bake you a pie when you move in.

#139 6 years ago

The moms insurance is fully responsible for all of the damages to both the house and car, and for the rental car, which is already in my driveway.

#140 6 years ago

Oh Jeez, nobody hurt, it's just stuff, Accidents happen.

Quoted from vid1900:

If the law says the mom has to go to jail for something the daughter did by accident, then the mom should be in jail.
That is the price of living in America.

#141 6 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Hopefully they will still bake you a pie when you move in.

why? hes already getting to take a bite of the shit sandwich, he doesn't need any pie to go with it.

#142 6 years ago
Quoted from John_in_NC:

Oh Jeez, nobody hurt, it's just stuff, Accidents happen.

Hey, I've been to Michigan.

Even if something happens by accident, nobody is hurt and insurance covers any damages.....Somebody has to go to jail, especially if it's a mother with dependent children.

#143 6 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Hey, I've been to Michigan.
Even if something happens by accident, nobody is hurt and insurance covers any damages.
Somebody still has to go to jail, especially if it's a mother with children.

Michigan IS a jail isn't it? Ever been to Detroit?

#144 6 years ago

Wow, that sucks...but the good news is that everyone was uninjured - hopefully all works out well with the house repairs and doesn't mess up your move-in timeline.

#145 6 years ago

Is the MOM HOT ? ...

#146 6 years ago
Quoted from Gerry:

Is the MOM HOT ? ...

LOL
Now that's funny

#147 6 years ago

With that draft, at least it isn't too cold out... oh wait.

#148 6 years ago
Quoted from Colehvac1:

LOL
Now that's funny

...but very relevant.

#149 6 years ago
Quoted from SKILL_SHOT:

Not necessarily. If you can't figure out 2 pedals then adding a clutch pedal to the mix won't help. Anybody see the kid fire up his dad's new Mustang with a stick shift several years ago?

#150 6 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Not necessarily. If you can't figure out 2 pedals then adding a clutch pedal to the mix won't help. Anybody see the kid fire up his dad's new Mustang with a stick shift several years ago?
ยป YouTube video

Classic, now there's jail time deserved for ever breeding, at least neuter the dumbass.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
7,600 (Firm)
Sale Pending!
Hauppauge, NY
2,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Louisville, KY
There are 174 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside