Topic Stats

• 174 posts
  • 109 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by fast_in_muskoka
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 16 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_20131104_115400_884.jpg
IMG_20130730_114654_393.jpg
20130902_121348.jpg
home baking 2.jpg
Hb2.jpg
Hb 1.jpg
image-590.jpg
ffff.jpg
minori10.jpg
1240642768_lol_thats_funny_26882_1287.jpeg
honeyImhome!.gif
d.jpg
r.jpg
securedownload.jpg
securedownloadv.jpg
vv.jpg

There are 174 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.
#51 6 years ago

Fight, flight or freeze, people. Some people freeze. That's life.

Shitty welcome to the neighborhood, but I'm glad no one was hurt. Might be a unique opportunity to meet the neighbors, I guess!

#52 6 years ago
Quoted from iwantansi:

What is that all over your car? Salt?

Yes...michigan. it was zero degree s, too cold to wash it.

#53 6 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Too bad you told the wife.
Probably could have taken care of the whole thing without involving the cops....

Ok that was actually funny.

1240642768_lol_thats_funny_26882_1287.jpeg

#54 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Please tell me they have insurance???
What did the parents say?

Yes, they have insurance. The mom and I were both pretty calm, the kid was a mess. I think maybe we were both in shock, like, seriously, did this just happen?.

#55 6 years ago

At least no one was hurt. What a bummer!

#56 6 years ago

That really sucks. Look on the bright side, you or none of your family were not in the garage at the time. Looks like you will getting a new garage door. This will never happen again. Possibly you might get a new car too. I hope the down time is not to long. Sorry to see this.

#57 6 years ago
Quoted from Squeakman:

At least no one was hurt. What a bummer!

That didn't come out quite right, did it?

#58 6 years ago

If a car did this to my house, it would take out the wall with 6 pins up against it. Thanks for making me nervous!

#59 6 years ago

I thought only seniors did that to store fronts. How far away was she? Blame the teacher.

#60 6 years ago

Holy crap! Glad you were safe, but that has got to suck.

#61 6 years ago

Wow....25 years of police work and I never saw anything like that either! Although I did watch a guy in a Durango fly out of his driveway in reverse and pull a "monster truck" move on an illegally parked $85,000 low slung BMW that was not supposed to be at the curb. He got the back wheels of that Durango nearly 2' off the ground climbing up the BMW. And then the foreign born female owner of the BMW came running out of the house screaming "I just cancelled my insurance last week"....

#62 6 years ago

I'm sorry. I am glad your family wasn't hurt.

LTG : )

#64 6 years ago
Quoted from playernumber4:

Wow....25 years of police work and I never saw anything like that either! Although I did watch a guy in a Durango fly out of his driveway in reverse and pull a "monster truck" move on an illegally parked $85,000 low slung BMW that was not supposed to be at the curb. He got the back wheels of that Durango nearly 2' off the ground climbing up the BMW. And then the foreign born female owner of the BMW came running out of the house screaming "I just cancelled my insurance last week"....

So why is "foreign born female" important to this story?

#65 6 years ago

Oh shit! That really sucks man!

#66 6 years ago

Wow man, I am sorry this happened. After reading through this whole thread, I am still lost how someone could drive that far by mixing up the gas and the brake. I mean, really?

#67 6 years ago

wow! at least no one got badly hurt! but on the bright side of things, a upgrade on that garage door to a well insulated unit with window panels and new belt driven opener would be nice, with the new wireless wi-fi app for cell phone control and notifications!( that opener took a good hit too, be on the adjuster about it!) a heavy gauge insulated steel door from the garage to the house would be nice to replace the existing that probably is a bit loose and drafty.
what is the chance of her hitting your car head on like that! OMG!!!

#68 6 years ago

Wow, that is a heck of a lot of damage. Glad to hear no one was hurt. Hope all goes well with the insurance company.

#69 6 years ago

Crazy but this is pretty common. Usually the drivers are elderly. They hit the gas thinking its the brake and when the car starts accelerating instead of braking (like they are use to) they push harder on the pedal thinking they arent braking hard enough.

Ive seen this numerous times. Last time, an elderly lady was leaving a car wash slamming the gas pedal as she was approaching the street (thinking she was hitting the brake)...ran across 5 lanes of traffic, into a parking lot, across two rows of shrubs and ending into an apartment building and someones kitchen. Didn't take her foot off the gas the entire time.

Again luckily no one was hurt.

#70 6 years ago

Ah, kids. I mean, we all ran into cars and trees and signs (or in my case, all three), but totaling someone's house: Stuff of legend. Sorry for the damage and I hope the insurance comes through big time for you.

#71 6 years ago

One day you'll look back and laugh at this. Thank God no one was hurt, property can be replaced. Time to be a good neighbor, calm the kid down and try and laugh it off(easy for me to say). My daughter backed out of the driveway and took out the side mirror on the trash can, stuff happens. I keep it in the garage to remind her getting behind the wheel of a car is dangerous. Its not a bad omen, its nothing but an accident. I'm amazed i didn't have more when i was 16. Just keep remembering no one was hurt as they repair your house. Like the commercial says, we're human, we make mistakes.

#72 6 years ago
Quoted from pinzrfun:

Adjuster will be there tomorrow.....my wife thinks its a bad omen and doesn't even want to move in now. : (

Crazy story! I'm happy to hear that everyone is OK, and I think it's possible for you to benefit from this surreal ordeal. Tell your wife that you too, are deeply affected by the accident. The only comfort? Purchasing a minimum of two pins, of course. I'm thinking BOP and Whirlwind. Duplicitous I know, but if your wife is anything like mine it's a challenge to buy a few LEDs without scrutiny. That thought has a brother: if my wife didn't sanction my pinball activity, I might begin to sacrifice food for pins. You see, I have a pinball sickness...

#73 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

No joke, first hit on Google

minori10.jpg

#74 6 years ago
Quoted from thepinballworks:

WOW just wow. Good thing the pins was not in there. Did anyone get hurt?

Only here on Pinside -
"Are the pins OK? Oh good, did anyone get hurt?"
Priorities.
This is a bummer for you, but will work out in your favor.

#75 6 years ago
Quoted from Hoopjohn:

Good thing is nobody got hurt.
Like Robin Williams said in "The World According to Garp", "The house has been pre-disastered". Chances of anything ever happening to the house again are a billion to one.

I'll go with this

#76 6 years ago

When I was around 12-13 I was staying with my Grandmother and at around 2-3 in the morning a drunk woman drove her '81 Buick into the neighbors bedroom. Luckily nobody was hurt as the front bumper was laying on the foot of their bed.

#77 6 years ago

I own a garage door company...believe it or not I see this happen quite a few times each year...always either brand new drivers or guy/girl coming home wastedffff.jpg

#78 6 years ago

I DO not understand how this happens, but you see videos like this all the time. Shitty time of the year for it to happen, can't imagine what a PITA this must be to deal with.

#79 6 years ago

Oh man that sucks! It could have been a lot worse if you'd been moved in, but still. Whenever I see someone pulled over that's just had an accident and they are out looking at the damage my first thought is how much time they will waste getting it sorted out through insurance.

If she was uninsured, I would think your homeowners insurance would cover all the damage including your car. You are one of the few people that will be able to say to people that your car got totalled in your garage!

#80 6 years ago

Classic!

#81 6 years ago

wow, I'd be like wtf?

#82 6 years ago

Holy Crap! Wow pinzrfun, what a mess!
Didn't expect to see and read about something like this.

Reminds me of several years ago when a guy crashed into the side of our old house at around 1 am when we were all sleeping. The guy first hit both vehicles, the boat & trailer, then smashed into the house right where my daughter was sleeping. Broke her bed and launched her and the mattress to other side of the room. Amazingly, she had no broken bones. His airbag went off and he didn't get hurt at all. Guy tried to get us to not call the cops, but that didn't fly. He only had minimal limits insurance, so our homeowners insurance co. had to pay part of the balance to fix the house, and our auto insurance co. had to pay part of the total bill to repair both vehicles.

You'll want to look for cracks in the walls and all structural damage even further away from the obvious damaged area. Hope they don't try to skimp on making proper repairs, and use matching quality materials.

It will be interesting to see how your neighbors treat you & your wife going forward.
You will quickly learn what type of people they are. Hopefully they are good people.

#83 6 years ago
Quoted from pinzrfun:

No, she pulled out of their garage nose first, across the street, into our driveway and then she was off and running...

No %$#@!

#84 6 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

Wow...you'd have to mix up gas and brake for a REALLY long time for that to happen.
Pete

well the snow / ice likely did not help.

#85 6 years ago

Sorry to hear about your misfortune.

But it gives me an idea on how Steve Ritchie could complete a trilogy:

- High Speed: Classic evade the cops game with ramps
- Getaway: Fast paced sequel with a supercharger
- Pedal to the Metal: Who needs ramps and a supercharger? Speed through an actual house!

#86 6 years ago

Wow so sorry to hear that. Strange story. Just another reason why driving age should be moved up until at least 18. Going to cost her sone big bucks and she already has the whammies.

#88 6 years ago
Quoted from jesster64:

One day you'll look back and laugh at this. Thank God no one was hurt, property can be replaced. Time to be a good neighbor, calm the kid down and try and laugh it off(easy for me to say). My daughter backed out of the driveway and took out the side mirror on the trash can, stuff happens. I keep it in the garage to remind her getting behind the wheel of a car is dangerous. Its not a bad omen, its nothing but an accident. I'm amazed i didn't have more when i was 16. Just keep remembering no one was hurt as they repair your house. Like the commercial says, we're human, we make mistakes.

Taking out a side mirror seems just slightly less damaging than totaling a couple vehicles, garage door, and part of the interior of a house.

-Mark

#89 6 years ago

No one hurt, Great!

Quoted from playernumber4:

LOL you gotta have plenty of crazy police stories like that? Care to tell me more?

Quoted from Whysnow:

Cool down white night... Why Durango brand was important to the story?

#90 6 years ago

Most important thing is all are ok. Crappy scenario but wood is easier to rebuild than people.
Sorry about your misfortune lucky it happend when it did and not a month or two later.

#91 6 years ago

Could have soo easily ended in tragedy, lucky in a way your car was there to take most of the impact.

#92 6 years ago

Wow that sucks. Also walls in US must be kind of weak, if someone would drive in to my house (wood) not much would happen, i would have to replace a few planks on the panel but not much more!

#93 6 years ago

That sucks really bad. Sorry man.

#94 6 years ago

Unreal... Moved my pins into the garage last year... I guess I should think about that now.

#95 6 years ago

I'm thinking my daughter who totaled 2 cars at different times on the same tree wasn't such a bad driver after all....
Sorry about your house but glad everyone it's alright.

#96 6 years ago

Was there a boyfriend that fled the scene right after? A "thanks for the good night" third base, if he was driving, could have resulted in this

Above that, women drivers... what else needs to be said. I can tell you how many times I've had to repair the side mirrors on our vehicles from my wife somehow not being able to navigate through the large double car opening of our garage...

#97 6 years ago

HOW DOES THIS HAPPEN???

Never understood "mixing up the pedals".

Wow, sorry to hear.

#98 6 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

Above that, women drivers... what else needs to be said. I can tell you how many times I've had to repair the side mirrors on our vehicles from my wife somehow not being able to navigate through the large double car opening of our garage...

image-590.jpg
#99 6 years ago
Quoted from pinzrfun:

my wife thinks its a bad omen and doesn't even want to move in now.

It's a good omen. What are the chances of that happening again??

#100 6 years ago
Quoted from zimzam:

Crazy but this is pretty common. Usually the drivers are elderly. They hit the gas thinking its the brake and when the car starts accelerating instead of braking (like they are use to) they push harder on the pedal thinking they arent braking hard enough.
Ive seen this numerous times. Last time, an elderly lady was leaving a car wash slamming the gas pedal as she was approaching the street (thinking she was hitting the brake)...ran across 5 lanes of traffic, into a parking lot, across two rows of shrubs and ending into an apartment building and someones kitchen. Didn't take her foot off the gas the entire time.
Again luckily no one was hurt.

I heard of this happening too in my circles.. both women. Hmmmm

To the OP.. sorry man!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
San Mateo, CA
$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
There are 174 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside