(Topic ID: 273698)

You drop dead tomorrow, what happens to your pins?

By tomdrum

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 46 posts
  • 42 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by ImNotNorm
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

maxresdefault (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nickrc3.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#31 1 year ago
    Quoted from dmacy:

Likely the dumpster

Yup! This is often the truth and a very sad reality of life when one passes.
    I find it disturbing that some object which you cherish, safeguard, protect, maintain, etc. for years is suddenly considered junk or worthless by others, especially heirs.
    Living in retirement USA (N. Central Florida), I witness this each time I visit the many consignment/thrift/donation stores. Sometimes I come across that private estate sale where items that cost thousand's, now sell for a few dollars.
    Example: A few year's back, my work colleague received a phone call from an out-of-state stranger who recently lost his Dad. The Father was into homebuilt, kit airplanes (experimental class), had purchased a Kitfox, but never initiated construction. The Son got contact information of my Buddy through a website reply, called him, and completed the transaction. The Seller was giddy over being able to sell this airplane kit - a $30K+ kit, selling for $6K! Of course, my Buddy pee'd himself upon taking possession.
    Anyway's - a proper plan/descriptive will, appraisals, and local friends/references help to ensure the estate recipient receives fair or market pricing on such items.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nickrc3.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside