• 36 posts
  • 22 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by vid1900
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

E7A5567A-301C-4096-A79E-B9BE8089A0C0 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Wharhed.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#32 2 years ago
Quoted from goingincirclez:

I normally roll my eyes at all the non-pinball threads here BUT since I don’t do any social media AND Pinside has this wonderful Off-Topic section, here goes because I gotta vent:
Is anyone and/or anywhere else bombarded with unsolicited texts, calls, and postcards trying to buy your property? Spin the wheel and choose your remix: “You deserve a fair offer! Cash now! Any condition, SOLD! We’re just humble local investors looking in your neighborhood! Etc etc etc…” holy crap I’m beyond sick of it. Just who the hell falls for this crap?
Now I gotta say for context up front, while I love Frankfort, KY, it is *hardly* a boom town. Idaho, Austin, NYC, Nashville… even Lexington or Louisville KY it is NOT. And yet!
Initially it was one postcard per month on our rental income home, from the same annoying company.... 18 months later it’s 3 or 4 cards per week, repeatedly from 7 or 8 (and counting) different “private investors” and happy-sappy-sounding corporations... and almost that many phone texts… now including for the house we live in.
At first we tried to politely “thanks but no” remove ourselves from the lists but as expected that went nowhere. Because of course these fuckers either don’t respect the request, or rebrand themselves, or some other new front starts up in the same racket. I have almost 2 dozen blocked phone numbers from unsolicited texts, and yet more come in every week. That they try to be clever and personalized just pisses me off more because it’s predatory psychology. I mean I'm a cynical bastard... I really feel sorry for those who are more naive, or in a rough patch.
Because what I find so distasteful is knowing all about how effed up the housing market is, and how difficult it was for would-be buyers and first-timers to think about buying a home even in “the before times”. To that end we scraped by, got lucky and blessed, and so after moving 6 yrs ago we decided to rent our first home out to eventually supplement our meager retirement pension (if it still exists by then). We’re not land barons or investors. We barely break even to pay off the mortgage from when we bought it; our rent charge is below market, which we feel is a service to our tenants whom we like and needed a break they wouldn’t have got anywhere else.
Now on the flipside: I’ve a feeling if took up one of those offer cards, I’d be lucky to get half the home’s actual value “in so-called fair cash wheee”, and then it would be flipped for twice its current value after some god-awful soul-sucking grayscale renovation, further contributing to the real estate effery normal people get fucked by the moment they become buyers. And as for “a cash offer for the single family house they can effing tell we live in”: WOWEE GEE that makes perfect sense! I’ll sell the home I live in for quick cash, and then go “where” with that half cash, exactly? These fuckers screwed up everywhere else!
So who keeps taking up these solicitations? I mean surely people do, otherwise these offers wouldn’t be so pervasive. But damn I sure wish they wouldn’t, because as competitive as these investors seem to be, the end result can’t be anything good. I mean you wanna bitch about Pinflation? Carflation? HAHAHAHA I hope I don’t have to buy another house ever. And if and when I ever sell you can be damn sure it won’t be to someone who just carpet bombs addresses with google earth and streetview photos…
/rant over
/whew

What you're describing is basically these guys and their "business"

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Wharhed.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/you-deserve-a-fair-cash-offer-oh-yeah-bull-shit?tu=Wharhed and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.