(Topic ID: 163530)

You can only own 5 pins in a collection. Which 5?

By jonesjb

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 596 posts
  • 409 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 17 days ago by gliebig
  • Topic is favorited by 19 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 21 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20180211_194751_resized (resized).jpg
pic (resized).jpg
83D2B73D-56E2-42E2-BB62-A28ECE3DD330 (resized).jpeg
KISS LE side art (resized).jpg
100_0010 (resized).JPG
IMG_2684 (resized).JPG
image (resized).jpeg
Top_25_(resized).jpg
Top_10_(resized).jpg
machine2_(resized).jpg
machine1_(resized).jpg
Doc1.pdf (PDF preview)
cmon_man_playlist_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg

There are 596 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 12.
#151 3 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Well after 122 posts - the top 10
Medieval Madness (remake) 32
Metallica (pro/Prem/le) 29
Twilight Zone 29
ACDC (pre/Pro/Luci/BiBLE) 25
Lord of the Rings 25
Attack From Mars 21
The Walking Dead (pro/prem/le) 18
Wizard of Oz 17
Tron (LE) 16
Sorry but I put all LE/SE/PRO/PREM etc on one pile. Also only top 5 mentioned are included not number 6-10 or alternatives.

I noticed alot of peeps put CFTBL. How many total?

#152 3 years ago

Hobbit
WOZ
MM
SM
last one is tough between IM and RS...but I'll go IM for the variety. Need an ass-kicker.

#154 3 years ago

I will check tomorrow morning - Europe time - update the list

Star Trek was #10
CFTBL had 14 likes ended usa shared Place with TAf, BSD and MB

WH2o had 10 likes

Doc1.pdf

#155 3 years ago

TZ>MET Premium>AFM>TWD Premium>BSD

#156 3 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

I will check tomorrow morning - Europe time - update the list
Star Trek was #10
CFTBL had 14 likes ended usa shared Place with TAf, BSD and MB
WH2o had 10 likes

You are wrong, wh2o has 15 votes at least like BSD.

#157 3 years ago

I clicked my Pinside top-10: https://pinside.com/pinball/my-pinside
Pasted the results here.
Hope that helps.
I think you'd get much more information by browsing people's ratings pages that you respect, rather than waiting for random people to do work and paste stuff here.

1. Diner
2. Centaur
3. Black Hole
4. Fathom
5. Black Knight

-mof

#158 3 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

You are wrong, wh2o has 15 votes at least like BSD.

I did not yet include posts after #122. So you could be right. Though its no race?

#159 3 years ago

OK, Counted 126 different games.

Some differences.

Indiana Jones 9 likes
Totan only 1 like

TWD is on pinside at nr. 29
Tron is at nr. 20

So did we just forgot the old WMS machines and like to play the new Sterns or do we have to alter our ratings at Pinside for older machines?

Overall all top 25 liked games end up in the top of the list on Pinside. So If you pick any game from the top 25 of Pinside, you just have a solid game...can't go wrong.

Top_10_(resized).jpg

#160 3 years ago

1. TWD
2. ACDC
3. MET
4. X-MEN
5. AVENGERS

#161 3 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

OK, Counted 126 different games.
Some differences.
Indiana Jones 9 likes
Totan only 1 like
TWD is on pinside at nr. 29
Tron is at nr. 20
So did we just forgot the old WMS machines and like to play the new Sterns or do we have to alter our ratings at Pinside for older machines?
Overall all top 25 liked games end up in the top of the list on Pinside. So If you pick any game from the top 25 of Pinside, you just have a solid game...can't go wrong.

i think if you did a top 15, you would add some williams like BSD or WH2O

don't forget that each machine ranked in pinside top 100 count thousand of reviews and this is a statement since the beginning (i don't know when this forum has been created) so from a long period, i mean B/W pins were still fresh in our minds.

this thread is a current photography and Stern machines take a big place in the market and in our minds.

#162 3 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

I did not yet include posts after #122. So you could be right. Though its no race?

ok no problem...but still miss one wh2o vote at #122! i count 11 likes

#163 3 years ago

Well true, Sterns are fresh in our mind. But Medieval is an old one and is on top, no doubt.
So the best machine to have and hold is MM(R).

Top_25_(resized).jpg

#164 3 years ago

One of the most interesting posts on pinside. The top 100 lists are far from the truth, rating games you own high, or the obvious when one title produced 15,000 units and essentially has many more people to rank them. You can look at this post and list generated and comment Stern is fresh in our minds, but personally when first getting into the hobby my goal was top 10, I owned them all and got suckered in with most of them, however how many who owned taf would want it back! Or hence why TOTAN, tom, IJ, cv etc didn't make the cut. We owned them, played them and now find more depth and longevity in Stern or JJP. MMR has come out on top and most would agree. However, the top 5 is what you enjoy the most.

MMR
STLE
FT
Tron
And soon......starwars stern

#165 3 years ago
Quoted from Grg:

One of the most interesting posts on pinside. The top 100 lists are far from the truth, rating games you own high, or the obvious when one title produced 15,000 units and essentially has many more people to rank them. You can look at this post and list generated and comment Stern is fresh in our minds, but personally when first getting into the hobby my goal was top 10, I owned them all and got suckered in with most of them, however how many who owned taf would want it back! Or hence why TOTAN, tom, IJ, cv etc didn't make the cut. We owned them, played them and now find more depth and longevity in Stern or JJP. MMR has come out on top and most would agree. However, the top 5 is what you enjoy the most.
MMR
STLE
FT
Tron
And soon......starwars stern

it depends what kind of player you are.
if i want to get fun fast, been immersive quickly in the pin atmosphere and don't get a headache to understand rule you can be sure my top 5 is only composed of B/W. this is the case for casual players.
but you are right about players who want to favor games with a great longevity, they won't go back to a TAF.

currently, i'm back to williams coz they give me this pleasure quickly.

so One of My current top 5:
MM
WH2O
BSD
ACDC PREM
LOTR

not far behind GB prem, MB, GOT pro, TWD prem, Tron

#166 3 years ago
Quoted from craigpinball: the door entry is too tight to bring one in.

After seeing that wall/door please tell me your front room is one giant NES system!

#167 3 years ago

ST-LE
GB-LE
Tron-LE
MB
..swap space..

#168 3 years ago

I like the idea of a range:

One game with flow
One game with stop and go
One game with complex rules
One game with modes
And one game that's accessible, and can get right into the pin atmosphere (i.e. Congo or Whitewater)

#170 3 years ago

Interesting, my top five I picked yesterday fits your range pretty well!

One game with flow - Iron Man
One game with stop and go - TAF
One game with complex rules GOT LE
One game with modes - MET
And one game that's accessible WH20

#171 3 years ago

Interesting, my top five I picked yesterday fits your range pretty well! with me too!!!

One game with flow - TRON - IJ WMS - SM
One game with stop and go - PoTC
One game with complex rules IJ WMS - SM
One game with modes - SM - TRON - IJ WMS - POTC
And one game that's accessible CFTBL - IJ WMS - POTC - TRON - SM

#172 3 years ago

One game with flow: GOT PRO
One game with stop and go: RBION
One game with complex rules: TWD
One game with modes: THLE
And one game that's accessible: WCS

#173 3 years ago

One game with flow: No Fear
One game with stop and go: Twilight Zone
One game with complex rules: TSPP
One game with modes: Met.
And one game that's accessible, and can get right into the pin atmosphere: Funhouse

#174 3 years ago

As of today....

Tron
GB prem
SM ve
WD
IJ

#175 3 years ago

The Walking Dead... a pin that is well represented, especially considering its rather rough take off.

#176 3 years ago

Great to see Tron in the top 10. Ghostbusters is also doing very good (16 likes), GoT (13 likes). Some modern sterns are really lacking, like Mustang (2 likes), WWE (2 likes), Kiss (1 Like), Whoa Nellie (0 likes).

#177 3 years ago

Indy 500
Taxi
Funhouse
Fathom
El Dorado

#178 3 years ago

TWD Prem/LE
ACDC Prem/LE
CFTBL
Tron LE
GB Prem/LE

2 weeks later
#179 3 years ago

What was the final tally?

#180 3 years ago

Ok since the finally tally hasn't come up I want to revise my 5 to the following:
Tron or IM - too close to call
Met
MM
CCC
MB or SM - too close to call

#181 3 years ago

Ok, since this thread is still going, here are my votes:

WH2O
LoTR
Scared Stiff
Black Hole or maybe Paragon
MET LE or maybe Safecracker

Like to think I'd replace the MET/Safecracker with an Alien LE once they come out.

#182 3 years ago

My 2c worth

TZ - Only game I ever sold that I regret, getting one this week
ST:Prem - own it
DrWho - wedding gift from wife, if I don't pick it, I wont be playing ANY pinball - own it
BK - College Favorite - want it
LOTR - own it

#183 3 years ago
Quoted from rbissett:

My 2c worth
TZ - Only game I ever sold that I regret, getting one this week
ST:Prem - own it
DrWho - wedding gift from wife, if I don't pick it, I wont be playing ANY pinball - own it
BK - College Favorite - want it
LOTR - own it

This is for games you currently own. Lists would be much different if it was ANY game.

#184 3 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

This is for games you currently own. Lists would be much different if it was ANY game.

Then swap the BK for an ES... since I only have 6 games

#185 3 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Assuming price is not a factor, and you couldn't resell any of the pins. Which 5 pins would you want in a collection of 5? I'm curious what fellow Pinsiders put as their picks. I'd probably go with:
Attack from Mars
The Shadow
Twilight Zone
White Water
The Walking Dead

OP... think it does mean ANY game, not just ones you currently own...

#186 3 years ago
Quoted from rbissett:

OP... think it does mean ANY game, not just ones you currently own...

Correct, you don't need to own the 5 games for this list.

#188 3 years ago

I also would like to revise my list to:

GB
Met
ST
AFM
Big Shot

#189 3 years ago

TWD LE/Prem - a/the highlight pin for me. A really great theme and challenging pin, short to variable ball times, amazing layout/play/dots/lightshow, immersive plus very deep software from the best in the business. A one-more-play pin more than any other to me.
POTC - own and enjoy this pin as my most recent acquisition (much much better than I was expecting). A big change from TWD and variety is very welcome. Newer gen so lots of depth with multiple cool toys (and one of the top two toys in pinball imo), easier, longer ball times, great theme.
LOTR - another slower playing deep code long journey pin. Proven awesomeness. Really like the theme.
MET - Variety is the name of the game in a collection for me. Another fast, hard and quick game play pin, with great depth, rules and sparky show.
MM (R) - an older pin design that hit it out of the park with game play, toys, good theme, etc. Hate the execution from CGC/PPS. So much goodwill burned to the ground.

Honorable mentions.
SW EP7 - Awesome theme for me and will be LCD. Could be a king maker with the right design and programmer. Need a year or two to flesh out and see.
WOZ/TH - Love the depth and new generation pin design. With 5 games total 3 will be fast as I like fast games more, so one of these is #6, and that could move up over time and replace LOTR.
GB - Love the fast play and toys, not so much the linear software encoding and theme is old. Need time for software to flesh out more and to play more significantly. I like the Prem/LE from what I see.

Happy to see all the TWD recognition in this thread (and surprised). Such a bum rap from certain people early on that has perpetuated insignificant issues and myths. TWD isn't for everyone, but even now it is a notably underrated game. It basically is the playfield/software successor to MET (as described by borg and lyman) which is an amazing pin.

I have found I like modern pins. In my experience pins have definitely improved over the years for me. Love the depth and design of the new stuff. I expect it to continue.

Still, it's a big pinball world and I need to try more and value variety. I am interested in BSD, IJ, IM, SM, Taxi, etc and they (plus the honorable mentions) may hit the sweet spot and bump lower games in my top 5, as variety is the spice of life.

Cheers to all and play games.

#191 3 years ago

MetPRem
GOTpro
TS
SM
POTC

#192 3 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Assuming price is not a factor, and you couldn't resell any of the pins. Which 5 pins would you want in a collection of 5? I'm curious what fellow Pinsiders put as their picks. I'd probably go with:
Attack from Mars
The Shadow
Twilight Zone
White Water
The Walking Dead

Wms IJ
TWD LE
TZ
ALIEN ( hopefully soon)
JAWS

#193 3 years ago

1)Hobbit (scratches MM itch a bit...but deeeep)
2)LOTR (scratches the rest of the MM itch)
3)WOZ (covers TZ but deeeep as well)
4)either ACDCLE or SM (flowflowflow)
5)Tommy with PinSound loaded with my custom Whomage mix

6)But need a Bally/Williams... Hmmm. Shadow (but I already have flow covered) or TOTAN to change it up, especially with new ruleset.

Hmmm.
Would probably drop #2 for #6, as #4 makes #2 a bit redundant.

So..
1) TH
2) TOTAN
3) WOZ
4) ACDCLE (the subplayfield puts it over SM, I guess)
5) Tommy + Pinsound

#194 3 years ago

data east simpsons
goldeneye
JM
blackout
ST25

#195 3 years ago

MMr
AC/DC
Met
Lotr
Hobbit

#196 3 years ago

I debate this very question with my son all of the time.

LOTR
WOZ
TH
CFTBL
STTNG

#197 3 years ago

I can't choose just 5.

#198 3 years ago
Quoted from Lotr-Hobbit:

I debate this very question with my son all of the time.

I bet there are two on your list not debatable.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 89.99
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
There are 596 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 12.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside