1. Iron Maiden premium (still my number 1)
2. GOTG premium
3. Kiss premium
4 & 5. Not too sure?
Whenever I try new machines at the end of my mind ... there are only 4 machines that I think would be safe in my top 5 to have at home, the other 1 would surely be rotating. I would like to have these 5 machines today.
1' walking dead pro
2' spiderman 2007
3' royal flush- maresa-
4' running horse -inder-
5' ghostbuster pro - gotg pro - or 1classic game 90's
I think I answered this before, but this is a nice comforting thread from a more innocent time so I'll do it again:
BM66 -- great theme integration, great code
TWD premium. hard game to balance my collection, great code.
Star Trek Pro -- a super flowy Ritchie game. Star Wars almost slipped in this spot.
JP2 -- Hard Elwin game.
LOTR -- long playing adventure. The Hobbit came a close second here.
stern fanboy I guess. This list changes all the bloody time of course. I could come up with three completely different lists of five and the difference in desirability between them would be negligible.
Since all these games are tagged and most respondents used the tags, it would be really interesting if one of the programming types could create a data viz that showed some stuff!
- most desired machine (appears in the most top-5 lists)
- most desired from each era (em, SS, DMD, etc)
- most desired from each manufacturer (this gets a little dicey with the acquisitions over the years)
- most desired / cost to acquire ratio (which is the most desired pin that costs the least? the most?)
I personally would consolidate all the trims / versions of each pin into one (le, se, etc) for simplicity...that could be a toggle...for home use games on a wish list I don't know why you would choose anything other than an LE (or whatever the highest trim is).
Someone with web dev capability please do this!
.....my top 5 at the moment
Another super interesting poll would be, what are your biggest upgrade priorities? (maybe that exists someplace, I haven't searched)
- cosmetics (toys, shooter knob, etc)
- nothing...get it to stock and keep it that way
My list changes pretty frequently, but here's where I'm at right now in no particular order:
As little love as it may get, Baywatch is a close 6th as it's fun with great shots and a lot of shot variety.
I have somewhat limited access to the newer titles, as I live in a rural area, and there's not really anywhere to play unless you drive 100+ miles. I've chosen from my collection, so it's probably left out some very good games.
Currently I would go.
1. TNA - Amazing music and lightshow. Easy to explain rules as well as co-op which is great for non pinball players.
2. MM - Classic. Everyone loves this.
3. TMNT - So far this game is incredible. Great flow, awesome light show and co-op
4. Hobbit - Incredible theme integration and depth. I miss owning this game.
5. MET - Another awesome game for new and experienced players. Fantastic toys.
My top 5 currently:
1. TMNT - Great flow, co-op, and good Lightshow
2. TWD - Brutal, bloodpumping moments and superb Rules.
3. BM66 - theme integration ist top notch, so many ways to play the game, great code!
4. MB - Love the Humor, good flow, easy to learn and great for beginners,
5. Houdini - a great Shooter with a OK flow, but Sound, light and Fantastic toys make this one special
Okay I changed my mind
Since my previous comment (a year ago) I added LOTR and Indiana Jones to my collection, so now I own 4 of these already:
1. The Shadow
2. Twilight Zone
3. Lord of the Rings
4. Indiana Jones
5. Spiderman/Iron Maiden/STTNG/TWD/project-pin
I also really want a Congo but those are pretty rare, and I don't know if it stays nice for years.
It would really compliment my collection though as it is not mode based.
Stranger Things LE or premium
I prefer pins with a large display. NST has the projector to compensate that. MM is just the best ‘90 pin.
If any company produces another winner with a large display: MM’s spot will be taken. The project pin keeps the hobby interesting. You can’t play what you can’t fix!!!!
I've been considering scaling back and going back and forth on what to sell. I have the most fun with these five, and will also hang onto Indiana Jones TPA as well as Nine Ball. The rest are probably on borrowed time.
Game of Thrones LE
Attack From Mars
Elvira's House of Horrors
Will update once I receive TMNT. Can't rate yet. Was really surprised by JP, liked it a lot. AFM used to be my fave (still my wifes), but deadpool is so good. AFM is the perfect balance though. Great game. Not an avid fan of ACDC, but still like their music and the only music pin I could stomach. Funny thing is with music pins, you don't want to be too big a fan or you would get sick of hearing the same songs over and over. ACDC is perfect rock. To us it's like having a jukebox with flippers. TWD is growing on me, like it.
Edit: why do three of them have Lyman code, hmmmmm.... Tanio did an awesome job on DP.
Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside