This was a good year for new games coming out. I've grabbed a few myself but I'd now have to go with:
GB Pro (not a big fan of the Premium)
Jackbot (still my fav)
Yeah, I think my list will remain a revolving door, but if today my wife said you can bring in any five new games, I'd go with.
Metallica (Premium) - As close to bolted as a game can get in my collection.
Deadpool (Premium) - Perhaps flavor of the week, but I have fun playing this game.
Twilight Zone - Was my favorite game for quite awhile, but I've never owned one.
Indy 500 - Not sure, but it's a game I've wanted to own for awhile.
Scott Danesi #2 - Scott Danesi is awesome!
For me, it really depends if you are seeking a good variety or if you are looking for the best 5 pins.
My list for a varied collection would have to include a newer pin with gadgets (JJP POTC or JJP WOZ), a nice stern (LOTR or MET), a classic 90s dmd (MB or MM...or the CGC versions), a system 11 (diner or pinbot), and a classic ss (flash Gordon or paragon).
If I were to go for just the very best 5 pin lineup...it gets a lot harder.
I think potc and woz are up there, lotr, totan, mb, mm, and the big lebowski. It would be tough. There are some similarities too, so it might be "too repetitive" for a 5 game collection.
Time to bring this thread back from the dead.
I'd split it up by designer for maximum variety and would go with:
1. Stern Star Trek: has a sense of urgency that other games just don't have. The artwork is terrible, but the game just plays so fast.
2. Attack From Mars: Just one more game... and this is the one I'd have non-pinhead visitors play. Classic fan layout.
3. Rick & Morty: Never played it, but looks different with quirky different humor. I'd go TNA if this one turns out to be a dud but I have faith in Scott.
4. Jurassic Park: Shoots so different.
5. Funhouse: One of the best original toys and such a unique game.
Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside