(Topic ID: 330023)

You can have 5 arcades (not pins) in your collection...

By SantaEatsCheese

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 221 posts
  • 149 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by HoakyPoaky
  • Topic is favorited by 13 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

elevator (resized).png
sled1 (resized).jpg
20190906_182440 (resized).jpg
E682DA7A-4D55-4D8B-9821-9BB243751A34 (resized).jpeg
A3529881-3A42-4FAB-8885-80E922059267 (resized).jpeg
pasted_imageGolden Tee	10 Tron	10 Neo Geo	9 Big Buck Hunter	7 Defender	7 Paperboy	7 Centipede	6 Ice Cold Beer	6 Q-Bert	6 Dragon'
E3498E50-3ADC-4E62-B132-99113B9254F9 (resized).jpeg
4945E18A-C522-480A-9B49-58E03119E9EA (resized).jpeg
B8B159F1-AEC6-46AB-8C58-7A849D778816 (resized).jpeg
B147087E-8197-4DFC-A0DB-6AEF963D3402 (resized).jpeg
362012D4-A805-41AD-96A8-1ABFBDA4B245 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
Game Gate (resized).jpg
GT Caddyshack (resized).jpg
Atari brothers (resized).jpg
Arcade pic (resized).jpg

There are 221 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.
#201 1 year ago
Quoted from FalconDriver:

Time Pilot
Space Invaders
Asteroids
Pacman
Galaxian

Already have an original Arcade Legends and Ms Pac-Man/Galaga cab. Nothing like the originals wish I had the room! Ugh.

#202 1 year ago

I think I'd lean heavily on machines that just aren't them same on an emulated/multicade system or have unique controls (Robotron excluded, because it's just that rad.)

1) Robotron 2084 (Arcade Grail) I'm sad I missed out on this when it was affordable, but I was busy buying things like TZ before its price blew up)
2) Stargate (Gotta play it with allllll the buttons!)
3) 720 (Just slick - and that boom box "topper" completes the package)
4) Paperboy (So funny, challenging and those bike handlebars!)
5) Outrun cabaret (What a cool, chill driving game)

Most everything else I'd really want to play I'm fine firing up an emulator on the PC - though I'm missing out on a trakball game like Millipede and also Tapper with that five game lineup. Sacrifices! Hrm. 720 might would get dumped for one of those. Regardless, it's an embarrassment of arcade riches.

Pretty happy now with an ArcadeSD in a Ms. Pac-Man cab and I'm working on making a Multi-Williams from a Defender (non-destructive, will be easily reversable.)

#203 1 year ago
Quoted from squaresville:

I'm working on making a Multi-Williams from a Defender (non-destructive, will be easily reversable.)

You must use a JROK Multi-williams board for your multi.......MUST.....its the only board out there that is not emulated and true to the arcades......

Cheers,

#204 1 year ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch: The only other video arcade game I have an interest in is Tempest. Doubt I'll ever get a real one, not sure I want a mini of it as the graphics aren't vector (right?).

It you are referring to a tempest cabaret or a cocktail, those are both vectors.....but cabaret's and cocktails are even harder to find than uprights....

Cheers,

#205 1 year ago
Quoted from cliff_clavin:

You must use a JROK Multi-williams board for your multi.......MUST.....its the only board out there that is not emulated and true to the arcades......
Cheers,

There are a few FPGA options available or in development that offer 1 : 1 performance. By an odd twist of fate, I have two Tempests in my game room at the moment. One with the FPGA board and one stock and other than an intentional change in the attract screen to reduce the load on the monitor chassis transistors, I can’t tell a difference between them - besides being able to play Major Havoc and Omega Race.

I’m pretty happy with my video game line up at the moment. We’ve got the afore mentioned Tempest(s) for vertical color vectors, Space Duel for horizontal color vectors (likely to have a multi game solution soon), Defender with a multi Jrok, Missile Command, Asteroids Deluxe with multi game w/custom control panel with Lunar Lander thruster, Outrun, a MAME cab I built 15+yrs ago, and 3 A1Ups where full sized games won’t fit (Dragon’s Lair, Tron, and Star Wars).

I would seriously consider rearranging things for a Discs of Tron Environmental - had one at the Bally’s Great Escape arcade across the street growing up. Great game and so immersive.

#206 1 year ago

Duplicate post (stupid iPad)

#207 1 year ago

Cheers,

Yep! It's a JROK and I completely agree!

#208 1 year ago

My Top Five:

1. Cruisin' USA - a fast-paced racing game that takes players on a coast-to-coast road trip across the United States.

2. Terminator 2 - a shooting game based on the hit film, featuring cyborgs, mutants, and other futuristic foes.

3. Street Fighter 2 - a legendary fighting game that popularized the genre and defined the competitive gaming scene.

4. Turtles (TMNT) - a side-scrolling beat-'em-up based on the beloved comic book and cartoon characters.

5. Golden Tee - a golf arcade game that simulates the sport in a fun and addictive manner.

My Honorable Mentions: Tron, Out Run, Double Dragon 2, Rampage, and NBA Jam...

#209 1 year ago

That WWE game was pretty awesome. Wasn’t there some crazy clown and mankind? I think those were my favorite or I’m just making it up and don’t actually remember.

Smash TV would be fun too

#210 1 year ago
Quoted from GoldenBeard:

That WWE game was pretty awesome. Wasn’t there some crazy clown and mankind?

Doink the clown was in it for sure. That was a super solid Midway game

#211 1 year ago

F-Zero AX
NFL Blitz
House of the Dead 2
Virtua Tennis
Spider-Man (1991 Beat 'em up)

#212 1 year ago

Not a lot of EM arcades on here. These would be cool to own.

Williams Mini-Bowl
Midway Whirlybird
Seeburg Shoot the Bear
Williams Upper Deck
Williams Ten Strike

#213 1 year ago

Missile Command Upright
Asteroids Deluxe Cocktail
Black Widow
SFII Turbo Hyper
Tempest Upright

Everything else is just filler!

#214 1 year ago

Moved and now have my gameroom upstairs instead of basement with walkout.....I have an awesome oft gameroom that can handle 5-6 pins and a couple vids and tv and seating and my vintage coke machine.

I used think moving pins was hard. Trying to get a battlezone up 8 steps, turn on a landing and 8 more could tkae 4 people, dents in wall, scrapes in hardwood floor, and very bad words.

Any vid experts that have perfect moving these 300 pound monsters up steps?. Could take out chassis and monitor but still a beast. Could hire moving company with 3 men and straps

#215 1 year ago
Quoted from atpcfiaim:

Not a lot of EM arcades on here. These would be cool to own.
Williams Mini-Bowl
Midway Whirlybird
Seeburg Shoot the Bear
Williams Upper Deck
Williams Ten Strike

How about these:

Midway Sprortsman rifle
Williams Little Pro Golf
Midway Twin Pirate Gum
Seeburg Coon Hunt
Midway Sea Devil

#216 1 year ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Moved and now have my gameroom upstairs instead of basement with walkout.....I have an awesome oft gameroom that can handle 5-6 pins and a couple vids and tv and seating and my vintage coke machine.
I used think moving pins was hard. Trying to get a battlezone up 8 steps, turn on a landing and 8 more could tkae 4 people, dents in wall, scrapes in hardwood floor, and very bad words.
Any vid experts that have perfect moving these 300 pound monsters up steps?. Could take out chassis and monitor but still a beast. Could hire moving company with 3 men and straps

The only advice I have is always remove monitor and chassis. The games are so top heavy with the monitors and it also removes a fragile item....Then hire movers....I have my games also on the main floor now. If I have to move a bunch of games out of a basement, the movers are always called. I am too old for that....

#217 1 year ago

The only advice I have is always remove monitor and chassis. The games are so top heavy with the monitors and it also removes a fragile item....Then hire movers....I have my games also on the main floor now. If I have to move a bunch of games out of a basement, the movers are always called. I am too old for that....

Thanks.....what do you tell them. "Large upright furniture that needs to be carried up steps?" Ive seen movers with straps move heavy appliances easily. Whats a fair price $100 per item? 200?

#218 1 year ago

Sinistar cockpit
Crystal Castles
APB
Plus throw in a couple 2 player games

#219 1 year ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Thanks.....what do you tell them. "Large upright furniture that needs to be carried up steps?" Ive seen movers with straps move heavy appliances easily. Whats a fair price $100 per item? 200?

For movers with proper equipment its not too big of a deal. I usually say they are refrigerator sized games and depending on how old they sound, I will say like pacman.....I have always paid by the hour and it has been in conjunction with a house move or when moving about 20 games out of my basement. Use good movers, saves damage on the games and house.

#220 1 year ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

elevator (resized).pngelevator (resized).png
#221 1 year ago

So hard to chose just 5 games (over multiple decades), or to even invest the cash/space to acquire them. This is why I custom built a multicade with 1000s of games on it. But if I had to chose 5 physical machines that just aren't the same on an emulator, these would be the keepers....

1) Dragon's Lair (timing never right on emulation)
2) Crystal Castles (needs a trackball)
3) Q-Bert (odd 4-way joystick config)
4) Crossbow (need to hold a physical crossbow!)
5) Punch-Out (love the dual screens & hammering that big uppercut button)

Honorable mention to: Track & Field, Elevator Action, Robotron 2084, Donkey Kong, NBA Jam, Mappy, Rolling Thunder..... but these play pretty good on an emulator

Never even seen a Reactor or Cloak&Dagger in the wild, but man I sure love those games too. Where's the love??

There are 221 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/you-can-have-5-arcades-not-pins-in-your-collection-/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.