(Topic ID: 60055)

You can change ONE rule on a game, what would it be ?

By stoptap

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 76 posts
  • 47 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by ChadH
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

thCABMFARF.jpg
    the_fever[1].png
    306982-the_fever[1].jpg

There are 76 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 8 years ago
    Quoted from unigroove:

The same goes for the "almost guaranteed" multiball on the third ball on many games.

I agree. I hate the fact that all Data East games do this. I like to feel like I've earned multiball.

I'd also like to see a save ball feature on System 11 games. You can have a really quick game with a few bad bounces.

#52 8 years ago
    Quoted from unigroove:

The same goes for the "almost guaranteed" multiball on the third ball on many games. If you get it every time, it is less fun than having to actually achieve something (aside from making 1 shot) to get a multiball as a reward.

This is precisely why I changed the default in Data East Star Wars v.1.04 to not hand you multi-ball on the third ball (or in this case, Tri-ball).

#53 8 years ago

* I would add a control setting for the Kill the Witchking mode on LOTR. 4 combos is a bit much, considering how easy other modes are.

* I would add a control setting for Alien Invasion mode on TSPP. Level 4 is hard enough, but 5 is ridiculous.

Eh, I guess that's 2 rules.

#54 8 years ago
    Quoted from Finrod:

I thought that was what dropping the drop target bank was for. Or do you mean more than one jackpot per multiball?

Yes, more than one jackpot per multiball.

#55 8 years ago
    Quoted from Newsom:

It is fun to nail the three jackpots and hit a bunch of triples. But triple jackpots are out of balance with the rest of the scoring. Maybe the jackpot base value should be 1M*(number of raft that you are on) rather than 1M*(number of raft that you are on) + 10M. That way the player would at least have to build up the raft some to get big jackpots.The only thing that comes close in scoring on WW is the whirlpool MB and only then if the game is set up to feed the right flipper nicely.

Quoted from Newsom:

It is fun to nail the three jackpots and hit a bunch of triples. But triple jackpots are out of balance with the rest of the scoring. Maybe the jackpot base value should be 1M*(number of raft that you are on) rather than 1M*(number of raft that you are on) + 10M. That way the player would at least have to build up the raft some to get big jackpots.The only thing that comes close in scoring on WW is the whirlpool MB and only then if the game is set up to feed the right flipper nicely.

Yes, and stacking with 5X play field is price less.

#56 8 years ago

Having to COMPLETE the modes in X-Men.

(Or Transformers).

Makes the end-game unattainable for us mortals.

#57 8 years ago

No tilt penalty BUT you get a electric shock each warning and it increases each time.

(Be sure to post the pacemaker / defibrillator warning sign)

#58 8 years ago

Don't give revs on HS2 for the ball being kicked back after ball save, almost guarenteed to get to Red Line Mania every game if you deliberately drain 3 times at start of each ball.

#59 8 years ago

Banzai Run:
    Reaching the vertical PF should be a little bit more difficult. Otherwise, as soon as you challenge any of the four racers, go there, ignore the challenge, lit A-B-C and jump for 2x scoring... and again, and again...

1 month later
    #61 8 years ago

Add a useful status report to most Stern games. 306982-the_fever[1].jpg

#62 8 years ago
    Quoted from Pinball3000:

Add a useful status report to most Stern games.

LOL! Is this like a representation to the thought of game like AC/DC and Metallica having useful status reports? "Oh my God! This game actually has a STATUS REPORT!!"

#63 8 years ago

LOL! Is this like a representation to the thought of game like AC/DC and Metallica having useful status reports? "Oh my God! This game actually has a STATUS REPORT!!"

I don't know, it just seemed a good idea at the time.

the_fever[1].png

#64 8 years ago

No tilt penalty BUT you get a electric shock each warning and it increases each time.
    (Be sure to post the pacemaker / defibrillator warning sign)

thCABMFARF.jpg

#65 8 years ago
    Quoted from Pinball3000:

Would either have to be the Escape on T3, or make Final Battle worth SOMETHING if you fail. I absolutely hate those times I get 3,000,000 from Final Battle, considering the difficulty to achieve it. And I ALWAYS drain when the last Escape is lit.

I feel your pain.......

#66 8 years ago

A bonus ball, once the game has finished you have a chance of hitting targets or ramps to revive a drained ball.........

#67 8 years ago

On Solar City (EM Gottlieb) To have the drop targets reset once they are all down.

#68 8 years ago

I really love the temporary (3s) 3x scoring on WPT. You actually chose to take it or not with inlane changes. If you take it, you will need to reactivate it by achieving a goal (a poker hand with drop targets).

I believe this could easily be transposed on many pins. It really adds a new dimension... Tactical choices and emergency aiming. You tend to delay the obvious rewarding shots until you get 3X.

#69 8 years ago

Bally Star Trek; Allow lane changes to A / B / Kickout hole.

#70 8 years ago
    Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Without a doubt, I would add a ball saver at the beginning of Sea of Simulation on Tron. Geez!

+1

#71 8 years ago
    Quoted from DefaultGen:

1,000,000,000 points -> 15,000,000 points.

I guess the core gameplay would remain the same, get as many big wheel spins as you can, but I hate the random doled out shot that makes none of your other scoring matter.

We turned this basically off in the rules on ours. turn the percentage all the way down and turn the time to get the shot all the way down.

#72 8 years ago

I'd add different rules for the S-T-E-P targets on Funhouse.

#73 8 years ago
    Quoted from vegemite_nick:

Change so Jurassic Park does not always start with Stampede.

Quoted from unigroove:

The same goes for the "almost guaranteed" multiball on the third ball on many games. If you get it every time, it is less fun than having to actually achieve something (aside from making 1 shot) to get a multiball as a reward.

If things go as I have planned... you guys are in for a treat soon.

#74 8 years ago

make it beneficial points wise to collect the jackpot in taxi while in multiball, like an added super jackpot.

#75 8 years ago

Make a 'hands free' IM skill shot that is worth a lot more than the current one (but keep that too).

#76 8 years ago
    Quoted from vegemite_nick:

Change so Jurassic Park does not always start with Stampede.

Quoted from unigroove:

How's this...?

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-rules

There are 76 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside