(Topic ID: 60055)

You can change ONE rule on a game, what would it be ?

By stoptap

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 76 posts
  • 47 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by ChadH
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

thCABMFARF.jpg
    the_fever[1].png
    306982-the_fever[1].jpg
    There are 76 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 10 years ago

I would make it so that you can only score Super Jackpot on Terminator 2 when all three balls are still in play.

#2 10 years ago

I would make it so the game does not end. Basically alloy people to continue the game from the point the last ball drained. Basically like every game out now, give me some time to buy-in more balls and keep going. The score would not count but let a person basically play modes and let them continue the game to completion. If completed there could be a board that shows the fewest number of balls played to complete the game.

#3 10 years ago

The whole DTR Valinor thing in LOTR

Doubtful it will matter for me though

#4 10 years ago

That gravity rule. My games would last longer.

LTG : )

#5 10 years ago

I would add a rule to Black Knight 2000 where every successful jackpot raises how many hits the drawbridge takes to lower for multiballs past the second. I would also add 50K to the jackpot for each drawbridge hit, and hits to the same target that was hit previously would not count for this purpose.

#6 10 years ago

It's a house rule but I'm tired of having sex whenever my lady wins a game.

Kim
    http://www.WrongCrowdProductions.com/

#7 10 years ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

It's a house rule but I'm tired of having sex whenever my lady wins a game

Man up. Even at your age you should be able to handle once a year.

#8 10 years ago

Tough House Rule in Mr68's place. If that were the rule here, I let her play with the glass off, and I would play with no hands.

#9 10 years ago

Get rid of the "Tilt ends game" rule.

#10 10 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Man up. Even at your age you should be able to handle once a year.

Did I mention that Lloyd is my lady.

Kim

#11 10 years ago

awkward.

#12 10 years ago

Without a doubt, I would add a ball saver at the beginning of Sea of Simulation on Tron. Geez!

#13 10 years ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

Kim

Funny. I don't recall that was the word you used. I thought I was best in show at Westminster.

#14 10 years ago

Reduce the crazy amount of points scored on the JM spinner.

#15 10 years ago

Hey,

Completely 100 percent remove the necessity for the RIVER letters/5X multiplier in WhiteWater to get to Vacation Jackpot. It's such a detriment to an otherwise really good game.

Luke

#16 10 years ago

Probably the limited Ripoff Add-a-balls in NGG. That annoys me terribly that I can only add two.

#17 10 years ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

Kim

lol wut XD

#18 10 years ago
    Quoted from lukerp:

Hey,
    Completely 100 percent remove the necessity for the RIVER letters/5X multiplier in WhiteWater to get to Vacation Jackpot. It's such a detriment to an otherwise really good game.
    Luke

Wouldn't a working "Hold Bonus" feature fix that issue?

#19 10 years ago
    Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Without a doubt, I would add a ball saver at the beginning of Sea of Simulation on Tron. Geez!

That'd be nice. Thank god that happens with MM's Royal Madness!

#20 10 years ago

Add some way to reset the jackpot on ES.

#21 10 years ago

Would either have to be the Escape on T3, or make Final Battle worth SOMETHING if you fail. I absolutely hate those times I get 3,000,000 from Final Battle, considering the difficulty to achieve it. And I ALWAYS drain when the last Escape is lit.

#22 10 years ago

Totan.

Not allow that a wish gives you a jewel.

#23 10 years ago
    Quoted from Plungemaster:

Totan.

What's so wrong with that? :3

#24 10 years ago
    Quoted from lukerp:

Hey,
    Luke

Maybe thats why youve never gotten the Vacation Jackpot. You need to get to 6x.......

#25 10 years ago

On BK2000 I wish there was a way to relight the jackpot after you get it while still in multiball play.

#26 10 years ago

I wish the Smart Missile wasn't included on Data East pins like JP.

#27 10 years ago

Bride of Pinbot: 1,000,000,000 points -> 15,000,000 points.

I guess the core gameplay would remain the same, get as many big wheel spins as you can, but I hate the random doled out shot that makes none of your other scoring matter.

#28 10 years ago
    Quoted from beauimpala:

On BK2000 I wish there was a way to relight the jackpot after you get it while still in multiball play.

I don't mind that you can only get jackpot once in BK2K. That's the difference between 1980s games and 1990s games: one jackpot per multiball vs multiple jackpots. It's part of the reason I like Earthshaker better than Whirlwind: in Earthshaker with just one jackpot per multiball you can feel like you've done everything you can in multiball, whereas with Whirlwind there's always the feeling 'if I had just gotten One More jackpot ramp shot'. I guess it's a philosophy difference.

With just one jackpot per multiball in BK2K, after you get jackpot the goal then is to keep multiball alive as long as possible so as to build up the *next* jackpot as high as you can get it. My goal is to someday keep multiball alive for so long after jackpot that I max out the next jackpot at its maximum of 4M. I've managed to increase it all the way to 2M but not further than that, really.

#29 10 years ago
    Quoted from RazerX:

Add some way to reset the jackpot on ES.

I thought that was what dropping the drop target bank was for. Or do you mean more than one jackpot per multiball?

#30 10 years ago

Add more modes on ij4

#31 10 years ago

Or add a video mode on taf

#32 10 years ago

have mid way save balls, or a button you can activate rest mode, so when your tired you can come back to the game.

#33 10 years ago

Change tAF to allow collecting of mansion rooms after you have toured the mansion. Once you've finished the tour, you are pretty much stuck on smashing bear ramps and train wrecks until you drain.

#34 10 years ago
    Quoted from smassa:

Maybe thats why youve never gotten the Vacation Jackpot. You need to get to 6x.......

I've actually done it a couple of times; I couldn't recall, as the game went out the door pretty quickly thereafter. Point being, if I have to get poked in the eye with a stick twenty five OR thirty times, it's still not fun...

Luke

#35 10 years ago

Maybe it's easier in real life compared to the Pinball Arcade version, but I would make it easier to light Video Mode on MM. I've been trying for months and can't juggle the inlanes enough to light it!

#36 10 years ago
    Quoted from Plungemaster:

Totan.

That's mine as well... I mean who's going to choose the other option!

#37 10 years ago

Carryover jackpots/letters on system 11's

#38 10 years ago

ATV tied into main gameplay on SC.

#39 10 years ago
    Quoted from Schusler:

That's mine as well... I mean who's going to choose the other option!

If I want a big score and the other option is 3X lightning lamp scoring, I often select that one. That or tiger loops to light an extra ball.

#40 10 years ago

Add a Super jackpot in TOTAN!!

#41 10 years ago

Add a money back option for a bad or quick game

#42 10 years ago

I would get rid of the ridiculous long ball save times on too many games to mention, including ball savers of over 30 seconds on every multiball. Ball times have increased so much due to this that I feel there is hardly any challenge left. That takes away the fun for me and I'm hardly interested in playing such a game again.

The same goes for the "almost guaranteed" multiball on the third ball on many games. If you get it every time, it is less fun than having to actually achieve something (aside from making 1 shot) to get a multiball as a reward.

#43 10 years ago

On Whitewater reduce the value of the WW multiball jackpots. Triple jackpots are fun, but they are too lucrative. Maybe allow one double and one triple jackpot on the initial feed, then go back to single jackpots.

Cut the value of castles destroyed on MM in half. This would be more in line with the rest of the scoring. As it is now castle scoring dwarfs everything else in points per shot except BftK, hurryups and ultra combos.

On MM, after winning the first BftK, I would like to see the rule changed to where it is not necessary to go through all of the castles again to get to BftK again. That's such a grind.
    I prefer the way that AFM did it.

#44 10 years ago

Change so Jurassic Park does not always start with Stampede.

#45 10 years ago
    Quoted from vegemite_nick:

Change so Jurassic Park does not always start with Stampede.

Yeah, I'm tired of the "go go go go" call out.

#46 10 years ago

I would also change the rules on vengeance. Either make it worth less points or make it so after the third or fourth time you get (super) vengeance is yours, it ends.
    A well played vengeance can be worth billions and is out of line with the rest of the scoring in Shadow. The two way combos can get even more out of control than vengeance - over 200M per two way, but for some reason I don't have a problem with that. Probably because the ball has to be brought back under control after a two way.

#47 10 years ago
    Quoted from Newsom:

On Whitewater reduce the value of the WW multiball jackpots. Triple jackpots are fun, but they are too lucrative. Maybe allow one double and one triple jackpot on the initial feed, then go back to single jackpots.

I love this part of it....really makes those 1st 3 shots that much more intense & pressure packed. Screw them up and you can leave huge points on the table.

#48 10 years ago

Avatar: if the ball drains and the last switch was Ampsuit, kick the ball back into the trough.

Metallica: eliminate the 500,000 Mystery award.

#49 10 years ago

TOTAN reduce value of lightning lamp by 75pct or so.

#50 10 years ago
    Quoted from smassa:

I love this part of it....really makes those 1st 3 shots that much more intense & pressure packed. Screw them up and you can leave huge points on the table.

It is fun to nail the three jackpots and hit a bunch of triples. But triple jackpots are out of balance with the rest of the scoring. Maybe the jackpot base value should be 1M*(number of raft that you are on) rather than 1M*(number of raft that you are on) + 10M. That way the player would at least have to build up the raft some to get big jackpots.

The only thing that comes close in scoring on WW is the whirlpool MB and only then if the game is set up to feed the right flipper nicely.

There are 76 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/you-can-change-one-rule-on-a-game-what-would-it-be/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.