(Topic ID: 100254)

Pintastic New England 2015! Thank You Everyone!!!

By Pinfidel

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,302 posts
  • 125 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by beelzeboob
  • Topic is favorited by 34 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“So, who's pumped and in?”

• It's about time and I'll be there. 60 votes
      63%
    • This is great and I hope I can make it. 35 votes
      37%

(95 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_11621.jpg
    tumblr_mmhiwc7hse1s0o92ao1_250.gif
    Panoramic_View_of_Free_Playjpg_1.jpg
    IMG_1043_1.jpg
    IMG_1009_1.jpg
    IMG_1006_1.jpg
    IMG_0995_2.jpg
    IMG_0995_2.jpg
    01eff6d9216547746ffe57f56b1751df0c9628bb56.jpg
    0182fe85774db01fb93c0b913aa01e96bf7f22b442.jpg
    0170f3b0bdd6b715cdf1a1d0c27fa48fdf56a138d0_1.jpg
    0125b77e306f31644c26a84ff174744c26ec69f481.jpg
    01ef2b887c1a5b41de88808d53443678eb68964681.jpg
    image.jpg
    019d4c585869555c24d614f2cb6f492ebeca5cb235.jpg
    019c21321729a7cafa42eeefa036176ac6af10439a.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zaphod.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#162 9 years ago

I'm in and booked! One more lakeside mini-suite occupied. What ever event is going on Sunday I am sure they would luv it if we all stayed and joined in! What event wouldn't like free pinball!

Tom in Maine (but not Tom's of Maine - drat)

2 weeks later
    #175 9 years ago

#177 9 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

Zap the show is still 10 months away

I'm in Maine -- we don't get out much!

The one downside of living in the state that touches only one other. And the cold, oh and the snow, the low pay, no jobs, the taxes, the Portland Panhandelers."Maine - the way life should be".

At least that what we tell the folk from away - discourages 'em from staying after their summer visit to Vacationland.

3 weeks later
    #226 9 years ago
    Quoted from Daniml:

(Did I really use the word shenanigans!?)

Time for the way back machine:

#231 9 years ago

Mr T.jpgMr T.jpg

5 months later
    #399 9 years ago

This is how I read this at first.

Quoted from beelzeboob:

I've decided that I'm not coming unless I can get Gabe, Lloyd, AND Derek to do a kissing booth. I like Derek. He has a sexy scent.

Calling the optometrist next.

2 weeks later
    #440 8 years ago

I would go for at least three standard sheets. I like nice shiny glass!

3 weeks later
    #500 8 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Be Cheese Pumped ?

So you're saying you'll have 'Mugs-O-Cheese'? Sweet!!

2 weeks later
    #531 8 years ago

FullSizeRender.jpgFullSizeRender.jpg

As a Pintastic minion from Maine, I would like to thank UNO's in Bangor for allowing me to place one of the soon to be a collectors piece of fine art inside their entry way for all to read, ponder and be amazed.

My goal is to get at least one pinhead to come out of the great woods and attend.

#549 8 years ago

In exactly one month I will finally lose my 'pinball show virginity'. Does Polar Beverages make a 'cherry pop'?

I have waited so long for this day.
    Finding the right one (ok - the closest) to be my first {I hear you never forget your first!},
    picking out just the right stained t-shirt to wear (should it be sort of white?),
    stocking up on my favorite french cologne ( Eau de Saco River ) so I can play without stopping for trivial stuff like hygiene!
    Doing curls with BOTH arms to be in better shape for lifting those 22oz foamy beverages at the Friday night shindig,
    and deciding which pair of steel toed boots are best for dancing with the band Saturday eve.

With all the great going-ons, I would like to add one more fantastic Pintastic incentive for pinheads from Maine. I would like to buy ONE adult beverage for the pinner that attends from the farthest reaches of the Pinetree State and one for the Mainer that brings a machine the farthest. Adults only, minors may substitute a tasty Polar beverage (vendor plug!). So look me up, I be volunteering and attending each day. I be the older, greying, heavyset guy so I should stand out and be easy to ID.

So as I said 8 months ago and have been jacked ever since: http://www.youtube.com/embed/6BNjHVl90Us?autoplay=1&rel=0

Tom

#571 8 years ago
    Quoted from mainelycoasters:

anyone from Maine planing to bring any games?

Quoted from dannunz:

If anyone needs help loading up or transporting their games, please reach out

I may be able to assist anyone from Maine and points south transport a game to or from Pintastic. I have an empty, conversion van with some seats removed so there tons of cushioned space. I have been cautioned not too bring to much home so I only need room to bring ONE home. Live in Portland area, work in Bangor area - headed to Pintastic from Portland on Thursday just after Dunkin' opens and returning Sunday once the head clears! So if I can assist, let me know. Would appreciate some help with gas (12 mpg - ugh) but nothing else except loading/unloading. I have a dolly and lift table if needed.

So Mainers, come to Pintastic, fall in love with a machine and buy it - particularly a nice EM, I can help you get it home and then in a while we can deal, swap, and trade! Let's move these machines downeast!

#574 8 years ago

^^^ that be a 2X shirt size for sure!

#596 8 years ago
    Quoted from mbott1701:

It's is how I was able to promote the trip up to my wife as a family affair.

There is tons of stuff within an hours drive for families. Six Flags for us coaster freaks, shopping galore and one I have not seen discussed much is Old Sturbridge Village - a living history museum - just across the road a piece. When my kids were young we spent a day there and we still discuss some things learned. Spent over an hour working with the cooper in his shop as he made barrels. I got to see the work and the tools my grandfather would have used on the family self sufficient farm in pre-1900. Harvested his own wood, cut the staves, made his own hoops in his blacksmith shop -- all to pack his apples - 20 varieties - and send them off to Boston. Saw how they made their own tools or had to buy from England. And unlike Plymouth, they speak today's lingo connecting then to today. Polar (<cloaked vendor plug) opposite of the pinball event. Culture! - me be playing pinball though!

1 week later
    #706 8 years ago

So as a pinball show virgin and this will be the first time i have ever bought a new piece of glass, do I just leave my money on the table? Do I tip? And would not standard be a better piece of glass as compared to wide-body or even the new fangled invisi- glass - I mean if I pay for glass I think I would want to see it? Is lo-iron glass anemic? Should I wear gloves when touching a new glass?

Dang I love frkn' pinball!

Tom

1 week later
    #776 8 years ago
    Quoted from Kineticross:

I think when the actual show starts it may be a good idea to use this thread to see where other Pinside members are going to so people can meet up.

Suggested places for Pinsiders to meet at Pintastic and how to identify:

At the bar with a beer
    Beside the bar with a beer
    Near the bar with a beer
    Under the bar with a empty mug
    In the rest room with a beer

. . . wearing a Pinside badge may also be a fashionable clue!

See you all there.

Tom

#783 8 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

Just to clarify no one is aloud to start a tab under Pintastic New England. Thanks lol

Who, I say who would even think of such a thing?

For fake bar tabs I always use names like Gabe or Derek. Just another way to show my appreciation for all that is being done.

#870 8 years ago
    Quoted from Kineticross:

Sure, as long as it's root beer.

"Not Your Father's Root Beer"

Yum

#895 8 years ago

Those are stupendous! But for me this would be more appropriate trophy and indicative of my abilities:

OT482660S.jpgOT482660S.jpg

#944 8 years ago
    Quoted from geo:

This is my first pinball show. I just bought my first machine.

Hey LTG that makes two of us for the goat ride!

EM loaded, van gassed, headed out at dawn,

WaHooo! Gonna be a minion!

Pin-BLAST-ic! Pintastic!

Tom

#1152 8 years ago

Pintastic was Fantastic - a Pin-blast-ic good time.

Gabe and Derek put together an event of such quality I could not have imagined it possible. THANKS guys!

From the Free-Play to the vendors booths & participation, this was a top-notch show that went way beyond my expectations especially for a first time outing. A concession stand with snacks, beer & wine next to the FP room added nicely to the festivities.

The family fun add-ons were a super touch. The hilarious bicycling clown, face painting that were works of art and good sized carnival kids rides added tons to a family's experience. I saw about a half-dozen hotel guests get roped into buying tickets to the show just so there kids to do the rides - and viola! they tried pinball also. Set the bait and reel them in. The slight of hand guys always had a few young ones watching in disbelief. I watched from the side and back and I was just as befuddled as the kids ( did I mention beer earlier )

The best was: new friends galore! and faces to 'virtual' friends. Pinsiders who said Hi! when seeing my Pinside badge. What a great group.

The comments in this thread indicate all who went had the best of times and those who did not make it wish they could of. My wife - not into pins by any means stated that she wants to do this every year and asked where there might be similar shows and accommodations - that was the key for her. All in one spot: walk to food, drinks, beach, lake, pool and a comfy room.

The only debate I read is WHEN next year.
    No matter what weekend there will be issues. Conflicts with other shows and 'family availability' are key. June is tough due to schools in session. May is tough with college graduations & travel. In August the week or two before Labor Day are often family's last hurrah of summer or kids being to colleges. So not much to choose from. I believe that if it is to be a summer show and have a strong 'family - all ages' component then mid-July or early August still comes out a a good choice. Maybe we could hire a rainmaker????

Would the same time as the Brimfield Antique Circus umm Show be a good fit? Tons of additional bodies in the area. Some who would rather NOT be out in the hot sun looking at ass-worn chairs. Those tired of buying used stuff could play used stuff! Or is the area so over run and prices jacked then that it would detract more than add. If it rained or even got cloudy I bet some folk would drop in.

For me - doesn't matter. I'll be there!

Gabe, Derek, all the other volunteers: THANKS!
    Also a special thanks to the Sanctum Crew - great people and a well run couple of tournaments on a great selection of machines.

Tom

#1153 8 years ago

Coworkers with copiers! Gotta love 'em.

IMG_0057.JPGIMG_0057.JPG

This is what I came back to work to. I guess they knew I would have a 'ball'!
    Note the hearing protection on the left. They must actually care. Gosh.

#1156 8 years ago
    Quoted from Daniml:

Are those ear plugs?

Yep - I a safety/hazmat guy and sent them a noise level I took during the peak of activity 105db. My wife said she would play longer if I brought some next year. Maybe get Pintastic labeling and hand them out like condoms from a college clinic.

#1179 8 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

How do you guys think late August would work for vendors making sales?

I think August 18-20 weekend might work this year as Labor Day is on 9/7, as late as it can be. Any other year I think you would need to go one week earlier [though it would actually be just a couple of days earlier) as many folk take the week just before Labor day as vacation in order to include the holiday and extend their time off.

Hopefully more folk attending equates to better vendor sales.

???? Are show prices extremely better on machines then what I might haggle with my local distributor ? As a first time go-er I do not have much or a clue but do folk go to shows to buy brand new machines or just to kick some tires and figure out what they want to get next, then contact their favorite distributor? I am not able to ever be a NIB buyer but if I was I think I would buy at a show only if I was aware of a fantastic deal being offered way in advance of the show esp. if I am not local.

Parts and mod vendors may be a bit different. Mayfair had a nice display of parts and I picked up a couple of things I wanted sooner than my next PBR order so convenience won out over price but price could easily drive some away as 60 cent bolts were $2 and $1.29 leg tees were $3 but no shipping and instant gratification is worth some coin and worth supporting the vendor whose travel costs need to be covered. I picked up a NOS backglass from Steve@Mayfair, he gave me a slight break in the price so I spent it with him - really like dealing with people directly!

As soon as a date is set I plan to start the chatter again as I have been since last September when I booked my room for this year. Don't want to miss a minute of Pintastic 2016!

-- Tom

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zaphod.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/you-asked-for-it-you-got-itpinballs-over-new-england?tu=zaphod and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.