(Topic ID: 100254)

Pintastic New England 2015! Thank You Everyone!!!

By Pinfidel

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,302 posts
  • 125 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by beelzeboob
  • Topic is favorited by 34 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“So, who's pumped and in?”

• It's about time and I'll be there. 60 votes
      63%
    • This is great and I hope I can make it. 35 votes
      37%

(95 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_11621.jpg
    tumblr_mmhiwc7hse1s0o92ao1_250.gif
    Panoramic_View_of_Free_Playjpg_1.jpg
    IMG_1043_1.jpg
    IMG_1009_1.jpg
    IMG_1006_1.jpg
    IMG_0995_2.jpg
    IMG_0995_2.jpg
    01eff6d9216547746ffe57f56b1751df0c9628bb56.jpg
    0182fe85774db01fb93c0b913aa01e96bf7f22b442.jpg
    0170f3b0bdd6b715cdf1a1d0c27fa48fdf56a138d0_1.jpg
    0125b77e306f31644c26a84ff174744c26ec69f481.jpg
    01ef2b887c1a5b41de88808d53443678eb68964681.jpg
    image.jpg
    019d4c585869555c24d614f2cb6f492ebeca5cb235.jpg
    019c21321729a7cafa42eeefa036176ac6af10439a.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whridlsoncestood.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#50 9 years ago

I'm ready for the party! Besides the tournament let me know if you need anything else. Along with with suggestions for the guys for the show what about tournament format? We can do bracket style, knockout elimination, Match play, pingolf. Maybe even work out some kinks for some crazy other formats we've been brainstorming on.

I will be in touch later this week Derek to talk out some stuff.

-Jim

#51 9 years ago

I'm sure I will have a fresh restoration I will bring too. No idea what will be in the que at the time....

-Jim

#65 9 years ago
    Quoted from Richthofen:

If someone is coming from Boston I would lend a game to be at the show... I just can't transport it as I don't have a truck.
    What would I like to see at the show? Rare games I can't play regularly. Would LOVE to play a rare Capcom game... or an Orbitor 1... or some sweet EMs that I've never seen before.

If my predator is built by then which it should it will be there.

-Jim

#66 9 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

Jim I have a question....how many pins does it require to have a pro type of tournament?

Good question. Depends on the format and number of players. Pingolf format would require just enough games as hole numbers wanted. Number of players wouldn't matter. Would just be a rolling start or hop on a game when its open.

Match play would be groups of 4. Say its 40 people you need minimum 10 games and with that minimum things can go a little slow as people tend to wait on games as some games just take longer than others.

Head to head you need twice as many as match play minimum

Knowing the number of players for this will be a tough one. I think aybe Friday since its still a work day we do pingolf. Anyone can play there round any time during the day. Round must be completed say 2 hours before show closing. Prizes an hour before show close. Kind of a caudal event for the first day. Then Saturday a big main event with all the prize money you guys raise? Or should we just do an event Saturday?

-Jim

#86 9 years ago
    Quoted from Taxman:

Hey Jim, can you pick me up a few things while you're there

Sure thing. It might take me a year to get you the stuff back this time.

#105 9 years ago

Hotel booked for sanctums Thursday,Friday and Saturday nights. . We are there to play hard and party for the long haul.

#114 9 years ago

I'm all in for a best in show contest! Always wished Allentown had that.

-Jim

#123 9 years ago

Well I have no idea what I will be restoring at the time so I won't be able to register until much closer.

A double elimination bracket may be the bet and easiest format to run for Saturdays event doc.

-Jim

#132 9 years ago

Would love to meet Loyld! Would gladly buy him a drink

-Jim

#134 9 years ago

This show is going to be great and get me in trouble at the sane time!

-Jim

1 week later
    #156 9 years ago

Jake is a great guy. He did our NEPL shirts too.

3 months later
    #285 9 years ago

You guys know we'd hang a poster at the sanctum

-Jim

#290 9 years ago
    Quoted from eabundy:

Great idea, however make Gabe or Derek deliver the posters

Good call. They are due for another trip down

2 weeks later
    #323 9 years ago

You guys coming to sanctum next week? Eric will be there.

#327 9 years ago

Local newspaper is planning to come out wednesday too......how convienent

#330 9 years ago

Next week is fine. Only got 8" here and was done at 10am. If you end up free everything will be all clear here as it already is

4 months later
    #710 8 years ago
    Quoted from Kineticross:

I have two questions about the tournaments at the show.
    1. Is the Silver Ball Rumble tourney a good choice for people above the age of 13? It's the tourney I'm interested in joining the most but it sounds like only people who are a bit older should do it. Otherwise, I'm joining the Pingolf tourney on Saturday.
    2. I looked up the list of games on the Sanctum and I was wondering if the same machines are going to be used for each tournament or if each tournament will have a different set. If so, I want to practice on the machines in the tourneys and read up on some rules for each of them.
    Thanks in advance.

Sorry I hadn't chimed in on this yet.

We are packing up most of the games from the sanctum and bringing them for the tournament. We have not yet made the decision on which will be used for golf on Saturday. Most of the games we bring will be used for Fridays event and then Saturday we will pull 9 for golf and take the rest to be used for the finals of the silverball rumble.

Our game list has changed a bit so let me post a current list of what we have that will likely be going

Bobby Orr Power Play
    Harlem Globetrotters
    Genesis
    Rack em up
    Indianapolis 500
    Shadow
    Stars
    Congo
    Apollo
    Blackjack
    Wwf royal rumble
    Tron
    Acdc
    Big Game
    Medusa
    Big Indian
    Iron man
    Algar
    Space shuttle
    Kiss
    Paragon
    High speed
    Transformer le
    Twilight zone

-Jim

1 week later
    #800 8 years ago

Wish I was in a better spot to snag that Elvis.

I have a 26' uhaul reserved for all the sanctum games. They called me today and said they can't let the 26' truck out for more than 10 hours. I have it reserved for 4 days. Was suppose to be 50$ a day and .89$ a mile. Told me if I need truck for 4 days it has to be done as a buisness or commercial rental and will be 260$ flare rate for 4 days with 40 miles a day included. Anything over is .40$ a mile. Way cheaper. I ask the lady so what's the problem? You have to charge me less since I need it over 10 hours? Sounds good to me.

#818 8 years ago

Derek your not getting out of the party early like you did at Allentown and missed the real fun. I smell a Johnny walker night!

#860 8 years ago

Mark and I were trying to iron out golf games this weekend. Some likely candidates are

Space shuttle
    Blackjack
    Algar
    Devils dare
    WWF Rotal Rumble
    Medusa
    Shadow
    AC/DC
    Iron man classic.

Subject to change....

#943 8 years ago

Packing games up tonight. Only took close to 6 hours to get all these on end. Losing the truck in the AM!

image.jpgimage.jpg

#1181 8 years ago
    Quoted from Toyguy:

On a Pintastic-related note, do we know yet where we'll find the results for the various tournaments - Pintastic Web site, Sanctum site or on the NeverDrains page? I had no hope of winning anything but it's always fun to see who did
    I realize the guys are catching their breath, so no rush, just wondering where to keep an eye out.

I will be doing the final tallies tonight and submitting to ifpa for wppr points. I will post a link to results here too tonight.

-Jim

4 months later
    #1279 8 years ago

No pinball wizard. So sick of that tie in. ACDC would be fun.

Use that song you used for our sanctum video. That was fun!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whridlsoncestood.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/you-asked-for-it-you-got-itpinballs-over-new-england?tu=whridlsoncestood and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.