(Topic ID: 100254)

Pintastic New England 2015! Thank You Everyone!!!

By Pinfidel

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,302 posts
  • 125 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by beelzeboob
  • Topic is favorited by 34 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“So, who's pumped and in?”

• It's about time and I'll be there. 60 votes
      63%
    • This is great and I hope I can make it. 35 votes
      37%

(95 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_11621.jpg
    tumblr_mmhiwc7hse1s0o92ao1_250.gif
    Panoramic_View_of_Free_Playjpg_1.jpg
    IMG_1043_1.jpg
    IMG_1009_1.jpg
    IMG_1006_1.jpg
    IMG_0995_2.jpg
    IMG_0995_2.jpg
    01eff6d9216547746ffe57f56b1751df0c9628bb56.jpg
    0182fe85774db01fb93c0b913aa01e96bf7f22b442.jpg
    0170f3b0bdd6b715cdf1a1d0c27fa48fdf56a138d0_1.jpg
    0125b77e306f31644c26a84ff174744c26ec69f481.jpg
    01ef2b887c1a5b41de88808d53443678eb68964681.jpg
    image.jpg
    019d4c585869555c24d614f2cb6f492ebeca5cb235.jpg
    019c21321729a7cafa42eeefa036176ac6af10439a.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kineticross.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#337 9 years ago

Not sure I've told you guys yet but I'm attending!

1 month later
    #365 9 years ago

So have you confirmed what tables are going to be in the Silver Ball Rumble? I'm considering entering.

1 week later
    #382 8 years ago

So any news about the Silver Ball Rumble or Pingolf tables? I may be participating in the latter, may not be there Friday

1 month later
    #494 8 years ago

GUYS.

I am attending Pintastic 2015 for this Saturday only. I may be entering the Pingolf tournament but I'm mostly heading to try out so many new machines and to meet LTG and Dennis Nordman in person.

#496 8 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Dennis is the tall guy.
    I'll be the one with the LTG : ) Mugs.
    I look forward to meeting you my friend !
    LTG : )â„¢

I may be young but I'm really tall... There will be a height comparison involved.

#501 8 years ago
    Quoted from Pinfidel:

Glad your coming. It's great to see this kind of enthusiasm for pinball from your generation my friend. It's up to you to carry it on to the next!
    Here's a link to our speaker page. Click on it and you can check out the one and only never replicated or duplicated Lloyd Olson there... http://www.pintasticnewengland.com/speakers.html
    More speakers are in and they will be announced soon, so stay tuned!

Also, is there a guaranteed list of machines for the PinGolf tourney yet? I may enter it and I want to read up and watch the machines that are going be in it.

#502 8 years ago

One more thing, where is the seminar schedule? I've looked all over on the website for it and I haven't been able to find it.

#505 8 years ago

Not to bother you guys but I'm also wondering if the machines have been decided for the Pingolf tourney on Saturday...

3 weeks later
    #611 8 years ago

Is it going to be on Saturday?

#643 8 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

Pintastic New England is not like any other show. All of our industry speakers/guests will all be arriving at the hotel by 12 noon on Thursday. They are all staying at our host hotel Thursday night, Friday night and Saturday night. A three day long party!
    So spend some quality time talking with all these guys! They are flying in from all around the world to see YOU! Tell them thank you and shake there hand. Get there autograph they love that kind of stuff.

So they're not only going to be doing panels, but also just hanging out with us?

Might as well attend Friday afternoon as well

#647 8 years ago

Well guys, I officially moved the days I'm at Pintastic from Saturday only to Friday afternoon and Saturday! I'm excited to check out the panels Jersey Jack Pinball and Dennis Nordman have planned, plus I'm excited to meet so many other well known pinball designers and play games I never have played before.

#669 8 years ago

I have two questions about the tournaments at the show.

1. Is the Silver Ball Rumble tourney a good choice for people above the age of 13? It's the tourney I'm interested in joining the most but it sounds like only people who are a bit older should do it. Otherwise, I'm joining the Pingolf tourney on Saturday.

2. I looked up the list of games on the Sanctum and I was wondering if the same machines are going to be used for each tournament or if each tournament will have a different set. If so, I want to practice on the machines in the tourneys and read up on some rules for each of them.

Thanks in advance.

#686 8 years ago
    Quoted from mainelycoasters:

If I can manage to bring a single Game is there one everyone would like to see in my collection other then ACDC and Transformers?

Either Twister or LOTR

#688 8 years ago

Also, I'm reading up on rules for Indy 500 and The Shadow in case either of them are in the Pingolf tourney. I may also watch the PAPA tutorials for both games beforehand.

#690 8 years ago
    Quoted from mainelycoasters:

I should have said Twister, Lord of the Rings, Pritates and Star Wars are on locations making money.

Ok. Then either Rollercoaster Tycoon or Revenge From Mars.

#693 8 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

A lot of the games from the sanctum will be used for our tournament. I think that if you are a good pinball player than you will have a chance at the prize money. We spread it out a little more than other shows so the guy that gets 8th over all still get $100. So I say go for it. If you dont qualify than play in the pin gulf on Saturday.

So I'm not going to be able to join the Friday qualifiers after all, I'm only attending half of that day.

The one thing I need to know is the game selection list for the Pingolf tourney. I do a lot better in tournaments when I know the exact tables that are going to be used.

#714 8 years ago
    Quoted from Whridlsoncestood:

Sorry I hadn't chimed in on this yet.
    We are packing up most of the games from the sanctum and bringing them for the tournament. We have not yet made the decision on which will be used for golf on Saturday. Most of the games we bring will be used for Fridays event and then Saturday we will pull 9 for golf and take the rest to be used for the finals of the silverball rumble.
    Our game list has changed a bit so let me post a current list of what we have that will likely be going
    Bobby Orr Power Play
    Harlem Globetrotters
    Genesis
    Rack em up
    Indianapolis 500
    Shadow
    Stars
    Congo
    Apollo
    Blackjack
    Wwf Royal Rumble
    Tron
    Acdc
    Big Game
    Medusa
    Big Indian
    Iron Man
    Algar
    Space Shuttle
    Kiss
    Paragon
    High Speed
    Transformer le
    Twilight Zone
    -Jim

Alright, thanks! I'm going to read up on some rules and watch some tutorials over the coming weeks.

Also, considering the Pingolf tourney is family friendly, it may not be the best idea to put in too many solid state games. I think out of those games, the 9 that would be most suited for family play and are easy to learn are:

- Congo
    - Transformers LE
    - Space Shuttle
    - High Speed
    - Twilight Zone
    - WWF Royal Rumble
    - TRON Legacy
    - Indianapolis 500
    - The Shadow

Nice mix of 80s, 90s and modern pinball machines I'm sure everyone will enjoy.

#747 8 years ago

I wish someone could bring Corvette to the show... I've been itching to play that game since I saw the tutorial.

#774 8 years ago

I think when the actual show starts it may be a good idea to use this thread to see where other Pinside members are going to so people can meet up.

#785 8 years ago

I'm underaged, so don't expect to see me in the bar anytime soon... I'm going to be playing some pinball games I've never played before, along with attending the JJP and Dennis Nordman seminars.

#787 8 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Don't worry, pal. I know people. I'll get you in.

#808 8 years ago

I'm a Pinside member, can I have a badge or was it specific to people who bought a certain package?

(Maybe call me the "Youngest Pinball Wizard".)

#824 8 years ago

Only one week left until the first ever New England pinball show!

I'd love to thank Pinfidel and dannunz for everything they've done. Without you guys, I'm not sure the event could have ever happened. A large pinball community had been growing in the area after the opening of the Pinball Wizard Arcade in Pelham and other arcades like Arcadia in Portland. Creating the area's first true pinball expo was an amazing idea and I can't wait to see how it turns out.

Anyway, I'll arrive at the expo at about 12 pm on Friday and then start playing some machines. I'm not staying at the hotel nor doing Silver Ball Rumble, but I am attending the PinGolf tourney on Saturday and I'll be attending some seminars. See you guys there!

#835 8 years ago

Where is the Free Play room in relation to the tournament / vendor room?

Also, where will the seminars take place?

#844 8 years ago

So I'm still considering a good lineup of machines for the Pingolf tourney. Initially, the lineup I suggested included Space Shuttle and High Speed, both mid 80s solid state games. However, both of those games aren't as appealing as other machines, plus there isn't much tourney strategy to them. Instead, I may replace the two machines with TRON: Legacy and AC/DC, partly because they have a lot more depth and partly because more people are likely to have played them.

#851 8 years ago

So I'm going to be wearing two T-shirts at the show:

On Friday, I'm going to wear my brown *TILT* T-shirt.
    On Saturday, I'm going to wear my gray Stern Pinball T-shirt.

If you're lucky enough to see me, be sure to talk a bit between games, or even watch me play. I'm a lot taller than you expect.

Not sure if I'll be vlogging from the convention. I likely won't, but if things turn out for me I will. I'll keep you updated.

#853 8 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Can't wait to meet you and buy you a drink at the bar!

Sure, as long as it's root beer.

#866 8 years ago
    Quoted from Whridlsoncestood:

Mark and I were trying to iron out golf games this weekend. Some likely candidates are
    Space Shuttle
    Blackjack
    Algar
    Devils dare
    WWF Rotal Rumble
    Medusa
    Shadow
    AC/DC
    Iron Man classic.
    Subject to change....

Ooh, Algar's in there? Can't believe that Lionman himself is attending Pintastic!

#877 8 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

Who you going to call?

When there's trouble you call DW!

#907 8 years ago

Will there be machines with PinGulps equipped? I've always wanted to drink a bottle of root beer while playing Addams Family!

#915 8 years ago

So here's some point / objective ideas for each machine in the tourney.

Space Shuttle:
    Objective 1: Collect a Stop-N-Score value
    Objective 2: Activate 3-ball Multiball

Blackjack:
    Objective 1: Beat the dealer
    Objective 2: Max out the end of ball bonus

Algar:
    Objective 1: Complete and reset the Chamber
    Objective 2: Multiply a Chamber value by 2x

Devil's Dare:
    Objective 1: Activate Multi-Ball
    Objective 2: Complete a center loop shot which has been lit from an inlane

WWF Royal Rumble:
    Objective 1: Collect a Multiball Jackpot
    Objective 2: Complete Macho Madness

Medusa:
    Objective 1: Collect an Extra Ball
    Objective 2: Complete 3 banks of targets on the upper playfield

The Shadow:
    Objective 1: Score a Shadow Multiball Jackpot
    Objective 2: Defeat Khan on the Battlefield

AC/DC
    Objective 1: Activate any Multiball
    Objective 2: Score a Song Jackpot during any mode

Iron Man:
    Objective 1: Activate We Got a Bogey
    Objective 2: Score an Iron Monger Multiball Super Jackpot

#940 8 years ago

Just wanted to iron out some more details:

I'll be attending the show from about 1:30 to 8:30 on Friday, then I'll leave and get a quick dinner. I'll be wearing my brown *TILT* T-shirt that day, so be sure to look for me - I'll likely be hanging out in the free play area or the tourney area if accessible. Contrary to what I said earlier, I won't be attending the Jersey Jack Pinball seminar, solely because I'd rather be surprised the day after.

On Saturday, I'll be attending the show from about 9:00 to 7:00, then leave. On this day, however, I will be wearing a grey Stern Pinball T-shirt. I also have the Pingolf tournament and a seminar with Dennis Nordman himself to attend, so you may expect to see me in those places as well. See you guys there!

#981 8 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

So if I hang out at the Kids Korner with Kineticross, would anybody consider that creepy?

#984 8 years ago

Well, I won't be falling asleep tonight.

#1005 8 years ago

Well? Told you I couldn't sleep.

I'll be at the show today around 1 to 2-ish, then I'll leave for the day at 8.

#1009 8 years ago

It's now open!!!

#1017 8 years ago

Jared, I'm sorry I couldn't meet you today I'm attending tomorrow, though, so I'd really like to meet you. I'm going to wear a brown T-shirt that says *TILT* on it.

#1035 8 years ago
    Quoted from bigd1979:

Going to try to finally sleep after 2 days lol but Dereks South Park niw has color dmd and gabes Scared Stiff sling shot is now fixed thax to late night work , but im sure ill be trying to fix many more things tomorrow on the free play pins. If any one has a pin there that needs attention ask for eric or darin plus theres a few others around .

I dont own them, but Jurassic Park and Star Wars weren't working yesterday at all. Plus, I activated 13-Ball Play on Apollo 13 and the flippers wouldn't flip after the 8 balls came out of the eject lane.

#1068 8 years ago

Met Dennis Nordman in person today before his seminar!
    image.jpgimage.jpg

#1072 8 years ago
    Quoted from Mocean:

Strangest Instagram border yet...Looks like a Sony camera's lcd screen.
    Makes sense since you youngins have probably never seen an actual Polaroid picture. Unless someone is using one ironically.

It's not an Instagram border, my father had to take a picture of it from the camera using his phone.

#1073 8 years ago
    Quoted from ChrisS:

That kid looks like Baba Booey.

Im the kid and that's Dennis Nordman... hopefully you were being sarcastic.

#1077 8 years ago
    Quoted from Mocean:

I was kidding --hence the winky. You need to get your sarcasm detector looked at. Seems to be on the fritz.

I'm sorry, I have trouble detecting sarcasm.

#1134 8 years ago

Thanks for everything guys! I had such a great time at the show, and I can't wait for next year!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kineticross.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/you-asked-for-it-you-got-itpinballs-over-new-england?tu=kineticross and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.