(Topic ID: 100254)

Pintastic New England 2015! Thank You Everyone!!!

By Pinfidel

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 1,302 posts
  • 125 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by beelzeboob
  • Topic is favorited by 35 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“So, who's pumped and in?”

• It's about time and I'll be there. 60 votes
      63%
    • This is great and I hope I can make it. 35 votes
      37%

(95 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

There have been 172 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_11621.jpg
    tumblr_mmhiwc7hse1s0o92ao1_250.gif
    Panoramic_View_of_Free_Playjpg_1.jpg
    IMG_1043_1.jpg
    IMG_1009_1.jpg
    IMG_1006_1.jpg
    IMG_0995_2.jpg
    IMG_0995_2.jpg
    01eff6d9216547746ffe57f56b1751df0c9628bb56.jpg
    0182fe85774db01fb93c0b913aa01e96bf7f22b442.jpg
    0170f3b0bdd6b715cdf1a1d0c27fa48fdf56a138d0_1.jpg
    0125b77e306f31644c26a84ff174744c26ec69f481.jpg
    01ef2b887c1a5b41de88808d53443678eb68964681.jpg
    image.jpg
    019d4c585869555c24d614f2cb6f492ebeca5cb235.jpg
    019c21321729a7cafa42eeefa036176ac6af10439a.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider drdave.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#119 5 years ago

I've run a bracket style double elimination style tourney on a bank of Classics (mid 70's EMs - early solid state) and it was a blast. Maybe do that?

I should be able to bring a few restored beauties for the tourney.

Dave (Doc)

Quoted from Whridlsoncestood:

I'm ready for the party! Besides the tournament let me know if you need anything else. Along with with suggestions for the guys for the show what about tournament format? We can do bracket style, knockout elimination, Match play, pingolf. Maybe even work out some kinks for some crazy other formats we've been brainstorming on.
    I will be in touch later this week Derek to talk out some stuff.
    -Jim

#120 5 years ago

Me too. =)

Quoted from eabundy:

I would be down for a best in show contest

#121 5 years ago

It's a great idea. Texas Pinball Festival has been doing it for years. Handing out ribbons and cash for best EM, Best Early Solid State, Best 90's DMD. And Peoples Choice Award..

-Dave (Doc)

Quoted from Whridlsoncestood:

I'm all in for a best in show contest! Always wished Allentown had that.
    -Jim

#126 5 years ago

Good idea about handing out ballots when getting their wrist pass. I do like the era categories for voting though. As people into a particular era or eras know what the game(s) should look like / play like and would judge appropriately and not on a whim as some voters who may vote for a game because they are into that particular era or title.

The Northeast is home to a wonderful pool of restoration talent.
    Looking forward to some great competition across a bunch of eras and titles.

-Dave (Doc)

Quoted from Pinfidel:

I must confess that I am really excited about this. It's going to be an awesome competition and a lot of fun.
    By the sounds of just the last few posts, I think we'll get quite a few machines for the competition. I'm going to try hard to get a nice chunk of prize money together for this.
    As Gabe stated, please make sure you take some well document before pics. There's a difference with starting with a decent game to begin with and a machine that went through Hurricane Sandy that gets restored. So document it well.
    I don't know if we'll have game categories or what, but I'm expecting it will be a contest based on the best of the best with prizes and cash for the top 3 spots. But, we'll see.
    To answer Jim's question on game registration... There's no rush to register your game. Heck, I don't care if you register it a couple days before the show, but it MUST be registered to enter the contest.
    As for ballots and judging, I was thinking of handing everyone out a ballot right when they get their Pintastic Wrist Pass. The ballot will have an explanation of the contest and how to vote, that way, everyone will get 1 and only 1 vote.
    Thoughts?

#135 5 years ago

Any microbrew IPA at the concession stand? =)

Quoted from dannunz:

You can do that we will have many different selections of beer on hand at the concession stand.

6 months later
    #367 4 years ago

Good to see they offer a few selections with real cane sugar and not all with that cheap GMO High Fructose garbage. It's creeping into everything these days. No wonder diabetes is reaching epidemic /out of control status these days.

Real Cane Sugar offerings by Polar here (Hope they bring some of these):

http://www.polarbev.com/PRODUCTS/PolarClassics/tabid/219/Default.aspx

Quoted from Pinfidel:

Hello Everyone! I have some very exciting event news that I'd like to share with all of you. = )
    It gives me great pleasure to let you all know that Polar Beverages wants to have a big part in supporting us and making Pintastic New England an awesome community & family event! So we'd like to formally announce to everyone that Polar Beverages is now the "official" water & soft drink sponsor of Pintastic New England!
    Polar Beverages is the largest independently owned soft drink company in the USA! They've been

making bubbles since 1882 and they can't wait to see everyone at the event! They'll be giving out free samples of some of their new soda flavors as well as some old favorites for everyone to try! Please be sure to stop by their booth and try some of their delicious & exciting sodas. YUM!!!
    We at Pintastic would like to personally express our sincerest thanks to the great folks and family at Polar Beverages for all their help, support and excitement! We're proud to have you take part of and share in Pintastic New England with us and we look forward to seeing you at the show!
    *Remember, there is no show without our great Partners, so don't forget to say a HUGE Thank You to the Polar Beverage folks for making Pintastic a reality.
    For a history of the Polar Beverages company and to see all the great flavors they proudly make and serve, simply visit them here... http://www.polarbev.com
    Thank You Polar Beverages!!!

2 months later
    #713 4 years ago

There is ONE room that just became available for Thursday July 9th and Friday July 10th at the show hotel. Someone grab it!

Quoted from dannunz:

Ok guys I just called the hotel. Friday is SOLD OUT. There are 30 rooms left on Saturday and 50 rooms left on Thursday.
    There are a bunch of hotels in the area. Please don't forget that if you bring a game for free play you can now get into the after party even though you are staying at another hotel.
    Thanks guys

3 weeks later
    #1139 4 years ago

Those sound like good dates to me.

Quoted from dannunz:

How about August 26th 27th 28th the weekend before Labor Day and before the kids go back to school?

#1159 4 years ago

I was getting a headache if I stayed in the Freeplay area for more than an hour. I grabbed a set of earplugs from my car and popped them in. Headache slowly went away. Good idea for these shows and for concerts to have a set handy. =)

Quoted from zaphod:

Yep - I a safety/hazmat guy and sent them a noise level I took during the peak of activity 105db. My wife said she would play longer if I brought some next year. Maybe get Pintastic labeling and hand them out like condoms from a college clinic.

#1226 4 years ago

Next year in the Freeplay area, ALL games should be on freeplay if possibly via game setting or at the very least, set for 10,000 or lower for the first replay.
    As for EMs , those are easy to set on freeplay and believe all were on freeplay in the EM rows.

Dave (Doc)

Quoted from 1974DeltaQueen:

Negative: no credits on a row of pins was
    Bull.

#1229 4 years ago

That was a nice Ship Ahoy! =)

Quoted from 1974DeltaQueen:

Hey Dr Dave I'm the guy with the Ship Ahoy- Wedgehead killer

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 35.00
    $ 30.00
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 11.95
    £ 75.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinballToys
    $ 36.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 24.95
    Playfield - Decals
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 36.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    CzTV Mods
    $ 24.00
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 5,999.99
    $ 72.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 19.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinBoss Mods
    Cabinet - Other
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 8,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball Shop
    € 8.10
    Flipper Parts
    Buthamburg
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 45.99
    $ 14.50
    Electronics
    PinballElectronics.com
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider drdave.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside