(Topic ID: 100254)

Pintastic New England 2015! Thank You Everyone!!!

By Pinfidel

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,302 posts
  • 125 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by beelzeboob
  • Topic is favorited by 34 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“So, who's pumped and in?”

• It's about time and I'll be there. 60 votes
      63%
    • This is great and I hope I can make it. 35 votes
      37%

(95 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_11621.jpg
    tumblr_mmhiwc7hse1s0o92ao1_250.gif
    Panoramic_View_of_Free_Playjpg_1.jpg
    IMG_1043_1.jpg
    IMG_1009_1.jpg
    IMG_1006_1.jpg
    IMG_0995_2.jpg
    IMG_0995_2.jpg
    01eff6d9216547746ffe57f56b1751df0c9628bb56.jpg
    0182fe85774db01fb93c0b913aa01e96bf7f22b442.jpg
    0170f3b0bdd6b715cdf1a1d0c27fa48fdf56a138d0_1.jpg
    0125b77e306f31644c26a84ff174744c26ec69f481.jpg
    01ef2b887c1a5b41de88808d53443678eb68964681.jpg
    image.jpg
    019d4c585869555c24d614f2cb6f492ebeca5cb235.jpg
    019c21321729a7cafa42eeefa036176ac6af10439a.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dmarston.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#36 9 years ago

If you want to see how a public event is handled at this place, try...
    http://www.newenglandshakeup.com/
    I attended the Shake-Up last year and was able to check out a lot of it without paying the admission.

I'll be thinking about what I can do to help with the Pinball Event. I've helped the Pinball Expo since their first year,
    but there's more I could do for an event that's within a nearby drive.
    .................David Marston
    (Co-founder of New England PinFest, which ran 1991-1995)

10 months later
    #868 8 years ago

For those bringing games for the free play area: you can show up as early as 7:00 AM either Friday or Saturday! To my mind, that's another great incentive for bringing a game. You can hang out in the free play area after setting up your games, but everybody has to cooperate for efficient, orderly, and SAFE setup.

I am told that every game in the free play room will need a card. Among other things, the card will indicate whether the game is for sale. Every game is automatically entered in the Best In Show contest, and the card is used to determine who gets the prize.

#923 8 years ago
    Quoted from Daniml:

LOL! That poor hotel doesn't know what their [sic] in for! I just hope they let us come back next year!

I've been to this hotel for the New England Shake-Up! and I feel confident that they can handle Pintastic.

#934 8 years ago

For Friday or Saturday setup, you need to come to the registration area and get your wristband and "game cards". We may have a separate registration table for the free-play area Friday morning (7:00-10:00) IF we have enough volunteers to staff it. If you come in Thursday for setup, no wristbands are used, but there will be a "game card" for each game.

1 week later
    #1167 8 years ago
    Quoted from jrpinball:

I don't know. A summer show especially in the northeast will always conflict with other events. I think the choice of dates this time was a good fit but maybe a week later would be better, although room availability might be tight because of Brimfield. Early August wouldn't be bad either.

In practical terms, the Brimfield weeks are pretty much impossible. (Brimfield is the next town West of Sturbridge.) Check out the aerial photo on the brimfield.com home page. These events drive up hotel rates in a 60-mile radius!

Early August might be better, on a weekend adjacent to ReplayFX.

I agree about conflicts. I think the best we can hope for is no conflicts with gamer-cons on two levels. (1) No conflicts with any "worldwide" show that has pinball (NW Pinball Show, ReplayFX, Pinball Expo), and (2) avoid conflicts with regional shows based on arcade/coin-op content and the radius from which the show draws. As an example of (2), Louisville Arcade Expo has a lot of pinball content and draws from Pennsylvania and Virginia, as does Pintastic. There isn't much chance of the dates conflicting; I just chose that example for its geography. I think it's OK to have the Southern-Fried Gameroom Expo (Georgia) and the Rocky Mountain Pinball Showdown (Colorado) on the same weekend as each other, but there could be issues with SFGE and Pintastic on the same weekend.

#1211 8 years ago
    Quoted from Mocean:

Was the idea raised of having an incentive to bring machines on the second day? This way there can be machines that replace those that leave after the first day...

I'm not sure what more there is to offer. The free admission (or admission rebate for VIP badges) applies separately to each day. Anyone who can come only for Saturday would have that incentive, plus they'd get into the free-play area early on Saturday, and they would have a ticket in the thank-you raffle.

For 2016, we will want to show the hotel that we can generate even more room-nights for them, which means we want to get people to attend for multiple days and stay over. But for those who live within driving distance and would go home each night anyway, I hope they would take a look at the fill of the free-play area as they leave on the first day, and if they see a hole, consider bringing a game for the second day to fill that hole. Does anyone have any further suggestions?

1 month later
    #1265 8 years ago
    Quoted from Quint:

...Between family and work, my time is quite limited right now but things should start to open up closer to the show....

One thing that would start very soon is having volunteers to bring publicity materials to similar or related events. For example, if we had cards printed and ready, we would have asked for a person who was attending the Cleveland Pinball Show to bring cards there and set them out for people to pick up. The same idea applies to tournaments, pinball parties, gamer-cons, etc. Such efforts will probably be coordinated through email and the Pintastic website.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dmarston.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/you-asked-for-it-you-got-itpinballs-over-new-england?tu=dmarston and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.