(Topic ID: 100254)

Pintastic New England 2015! Thank You Everyone!!!

By Pinfidel

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,302 posts
  • 125 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by beelzeboob
  • Topic is favorited by 34 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“So, who's pumped and in?”

• It's about time and I'll be there. 60 votes
      63%
    • This is great and I hope I can make it. 35 votes
      37%

(95 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_11621.jpg
    tumblr_mmhiwc7hse1s0o92ao1_250.gif
    Panoramic_View_of_Free_Playjpg_1.jpg
    IMG_1043_1.jpg
    IMG_1009_1.jpg
    IMG_1006_1.jpg
    IMG_0995_2.jpg
    IMG_0995_2.jpg
    01eff6d9216547746ffe57f56b1751df0c9628bb56.jpg
    0182fe85774db01fb93c0b913aa01e96bf7f22b442.jpg
    0170f3b0bdd6b715cdf1a1d0c27fa48fdf56a138d0_1.jpg
    0125b77e306f31644c26a84ff174744c26ec69f481.jpg
    01ef2b887c1a5b41de88808d53443678eb68964681.jpg
    image.jpg
    019d4c585869555c24d614f2cb6f492ebeca5cb235.jpg
    019c21321729a7cafa42eeefa036176ac6af10439a.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pinfidel.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

Well, Dannunz (Gabe) and I (Derek) have put our heads and our wallets together and we have secured a great location to have our first annual Pinball Expedition right here in...New England!!!

The dates we have tentatively secured are Thurs-Saturday, July 9th through the 11th, 2015! We thought this would be the perfect time to hold the event because the weather is perfect, the kids are out of school and people like to take their family vacations in July. What better way to spend some of your family vacation than to get out and play a whole lot of pinball together?

That said, we want to hear from our Pinside family and see who'll be pumped up, geared up and looking forward to coming to the show. We want you ALL to come!

We'll also be looking for help from whoever would like to assist us with the various tasks required to run a show of this magnitude.

We are hoping to have over a thousand people at the event along with tons of machines and lots of vendors to support New England. Our area has been starving for this type of event and the time has finally come. We will now have our very own Pinball extravaganza!

Additional, we are actively looking for vendors and top sponsors (Please PM us if you are interested) who want to come and be a part of a new and annual tradition right here in New England! We're looking for dealers, parts companies, modders, LED suppliers, operators and EVERYONE to join in on the fun! We already have some awesome sponsors in place and some of the exciting news will be forth coming. We promise that we are going all out, all in and doing everything we can to make this a huge and unforgettable event.

We want to have a lot of machines at the event for free play, so anyone who brings a machine will get free admission to the show. 1 free admission per machine, per day. All machines must be set on free play (Except for vendors) for any and all to play. You know the drill.

Also, we have secured a large area outside in the nice flat, tarred parking lot for the flea market area. Everyone loves the flea market. It's one of the highlights of a show. So, we wanted to make sure we got a place that had a huge area for it with plenty of parking for all.

For those who will be coming from a distance, we found a convention center that is centrally located in the central Massachusetts area with great highway access right off of Rt 90 (The MA. Pike) and I-84. We are working on securing discounted rates in the adjoining hotel. this will be getting worked on over the next few weeks. Once the rates are finalized, we will give the exact location and put it up on our website (Being worked on) with a link to the hotel website and other various area amenities.

We told them that we wanted them to give everyone a great rate because people are going to want to stay right there at the event. The hotel looks to be very nice with the amenities you'd expect from a top hotel. There's a heated indoor pool with Jacuzzi hot tub, two on site restaurants, a large seating area for relaxing, all overlooking a beautiful lake! Everything in the convention area is also air conditioned and carpeted to give some cushioning as you walk. Now that's a big plus!

We are working on getting a nice website together with the events name and links to all those sponsoring and coming to the event. We know it's early, but this is very exciting and we want everyone to be excited with us.

#6 9 years ago

Thanks guys. This is coming together fast and we just want to have a huge successful event that we can hold annually for the area. It's tough too because you want to be respectful and not overlap anyone else's show/event. We felt like July would be a perfect month for it. What do you guys think?

#9 9 years ago

Sarah is a wonderful person and a true testament to keeping pinball alive in New England. I want to go and speak to her directly and get her to come and hopefully bring a bunch of machines.

That said, we have already spoken to several vendors who have committed to coming and we'll speak to many more. We really want to make this show a premier pinball event destination.

#11 9 years ago
    Quoted from thedarkknight77:

Nice!!!! Although it sucks it's a year away

LOL I know, but we needed to have it when the weather was nice as well as at a time where it didn't overlap other events. Allentown is AWESOME and that's in May. JJP has an August event and October is York PA. Chicago Expo is Oct too, so it's tough to work around them you know.

We're also announcing it now to give people the heads up to potentially plan their family vacation around it as well as drum up excitement and spread the word to non pinheads. We really want to make this an event that brings new people/blood into the hobby. That's great for everyone.

#13 9 years ago

Almost all of the machines that people will bring will be for sale. You may see 5 of the same machine at an event and they'll probably all be for sale. So even if there's a bunch of the same machine, it's all good. That said, if you have any machines you want to sell come show time, bring them. There's no charge to you and you'll get in for free.

#20 9 years ago
    Quoted from eabundy:

I love this idea, and the timing of the show. You can plan on me bringing machines for free play and I will help out as well. The show will be less than an hour from me. I'm excited for you guys, and to have a show so close.

Thanks Eric! This was originally your idea and a great one it was. It takes a lot to get something like this going, both in time and in money. But we know we have the best people of any hobby here in pinball. So we knew that tons of people would come, help and support the show. We're expecting nothing less than a great event.

#23 9 years ago
    Quoted from yzfguy:

Sounds like fun Any indoor space set aside for flea market? Allentown does this and it may be a good idea in case of rain or a 100° July day on a tar parking lot.

We've already had a few people ask us this. I will say that there were some trees around so I believe there may be some points during the day that are in the shade.

I'm trying to go to the facility this afternoon to start mapping out a floor plan. If the lady can meet with me, I'll be sure to check that area again and take some pictures so we can get them added to the web site. But please feel free to bring and put up a shade structure in your spot if you think it will help. There's plenty of room for that.

#24 9 years ago
    Quoted from Mocean:

If you guys need to gather cash I'd back a kickstarter...

That's really appreciated Mocean and thank you!

Honestly, New Englanders have long supported a lot of various companies within the hobby. We are fully expecting for all those same companies to get behind the show and now support New England. We really believe the show is going to be huge success and a ton of fun.

#27 9 years ago

Awesome Dan and thanks brothah! The event is about an hour from you. Of course that doesn't factor in that 128 traffic. That can be a nightmare!

#33 9 years ago
    Quoted from joeraptor2003:

Great work and Idea. Count the guys from PinGraffix IN!

Thanks Joe! We need all the support we can get and we're working out space pricing now. Hopefully we have all the info soon.

BTW, I love the South Park inside cabinet decals I got from you in Allentown. They look awesome and I'm hoping you guys will have something for NASCAR come show time!

#34 9 years ago
    Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

A tournament. This will draw in even more players, and there are plenty of New England pinheads dedicated to making a tourney run smoothly.
    Good news, sounds fun. I know an event recently was attempted and squashed, so my hats off to you for sticking the pedal down and pushing forward. Here's hoping that everyone pitches in to make this a success. Looking forward to the updates.
    cheers! James

Hey James, a Tourney will definitely be part of the show and any help and ideas for that are more than welcome.

We want this to be YOUR show. We want to get New England on the Pin-Map! If you want it, we'll do our best to have it or get it.

#35 9 years ago

Update time...Well, it's now locked and 100% official. We spent a lot of time haggling and beating them down on the room prices. I told them that Pinheads will fill the hotel and take it over!

They have 220 total rooms in the hotel and we got them to agree to block off 50 rooms for each of the three nights of the event for only $99 a night! I tried to get them to include breakfast, but they flat out laughed and said, "Ain't happening." Oh well, I tried. They do have a great breakfast buffet for only $10.95 though, so it's all good.

Thursday is set up day, so a lot of vendors are going to pounce on those rooms at the discounted price. I know it's early, but I encourage anyone thinking of going to book ASAP.

We asked how late the indoor pool and hot tub were open till and she told us that if we can get most of the place rented out, she will leave the indoor pool and hot tub open for us till 12pm!!! There's nothing better than soaking in a hot tub after being on your feet all day. Ahhhhhhh. LOL

Anyway, the rooms will be available on Monday. She is going to put in a discount code for us. The code is "Pinball". You'll need to use that code in order to get that $99 rate.

I will be contacting our hotel liaison to see how the rooms are selling out as time goes along and I'll update you here.

Once those first 50 rooms are booked, I'll then try to get them to block off another 50 rooms for us at the same discounted price. She said she didn't see that as being a problem. After that though, it's going to get tough to get that discounted rate. So, we'll see what happens.

So, that is our first update for you and I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

Hotel link... http://www.sturbridgehosthotel.com/

#40 9 years ago
    Quoted from mulder2010:

I'll plan a New England trip around this. Sounds great.

That's great mulder! Our goal is to make the New England show a pinballer's destination event for sure. It may take a few years of trial and error, great reviews and proven results before that happens, but we'll do our best.

In the end, we want to tailor this show around what our fellow pinheads want to see and have every year.

For now we'll go under the premise of "If you build it, they will come."

#43 9 years ago
    Quoted from Patofnaud:

Bah, I will be in Laconia that weekend... Must,,, invent,,, clone,,,,,,.....
    Great news though and thank you PF for pulling this together!!

LMAO! Good luck with the cloning idea brothah! Too bad bro, it's gonna be an awesome time and we'll miss ya, but enjoy your weekend as well.

#45 9 years ago

Our website just went live 30 minutes ago. Don't get too excited, it's still all under construction. We're getting there though. We spent several hours going over it tonight. Hopefully by this time next week it will be completed.

Here's the site link... http://www.pintasticnewengland.com/

#48 9 years ago

This is an exciting announcement...

Anyone who knows James Swain or the guys from the amazing Pinball Sanctum, know that these pinheads know how to run a tourney and do a incredible job with it. They have gotten together and have offered to run the Inaugural Pintastic 2015 tournament. This is awesome news! You can count on the tournament being a TON of fun for sure with the guys at the helm.

I would also like to say that I am going to be working hard to get a major company to sponsor the tourney. My sincerest hope is that I can get a few companies to band together and get a large amount of prize money together. We know that if we can somehow manage to pull $5-$10K in prize money, the best pin players from all around will come to play.

So please, if there are any companies out there that see this and you'd like to sponsor the tournament, please PM me and let me know.

We are working on the website and working on sponsorship tier rates for sponsors who want to help promote the event as well. We have several in place already and truly thank everyone.

I'd be remiss if I did not say this now...
    The out pouring of excitement and offered help from people and sponsors for the event has been nothing short of amazing! Gabe and I are both simply blown away by how excited everyone is for Pintastic 2015. Our sincerest thanks go out to all of you, our extended pin family because the fact of the matter is, there is NO show and NO event with out ALL OF YOU!

Thank you...EVERYONE!

#60 9 years ago
    Quoted from Whridlsoncestood:

I'm ready for the party! Besides the tournament let me know if you need anything else. Along with with suggestions for the guys for the show what about tournament format? We can do bracket style, knockout elimination, Match play, pingolf. Maybe even work out some kinks for some crazy other formats we've been brainstorming on.
    I will be in touch later this week Derek to talk out some stuff.
    -Jim

Jim, as Gabe said, I am looking to try to make this a $5-$10K tourney. I am going to try real hard to get some non pinball sponsors to try and sponsor it. I think that would really make the tournament something the whole show will keep an eye on.

That said, I know you and how you are. I think that I can totally turn it over to you my brothah. You can take full control and do what you guys think is the best and most fun for everyone.

This will take a load of my shoulders and will free me up to get as much sponsorship prize money as possible. I want people to come from all over to compete and have fun at the tourney.

I've said it multiple times to multiple people. Eric Bundy's T2 and your Taxi were the 2 best machines (IMHO) at the show. They were the stars! I'll really be looking forward to seeing what you bring to Pintastic! It won't be a Hurricane by chance will it??? LMAO!!!

#62 9 years ago
    Quoted from Richthofen:

If someone is coming from Boston I would lend a game to be at the show... I just can't transport it as I don't have a truck.
    What would I like to see at the show? Rare games I can't play regularly. Would LOVE to play a rare Capcom game... or an Orbitor 1... or some sweet EMs that I've never seen before.

I'm sure there will be a nice selection of Ems at the event. It's obviously early, but please feel free to say what games you may bring as some earlier in the thread already have.

We are going to try to add a running list link to the website where we can add what games people tell us they plan on bringing to Pintastic. I think it's nice to get an idea of what games are going to be at the event. Do you guys agree?

#63 9 years ago
    Quoted from mulder2010:

Tournament - pin golf & race formats
    Vendors - Parts retailers, boutique vendors

We plan on having all that and more!

#73 9 years ago

Sorry Jim, I just called over there and the lady who is supposed to set it up is not in yet. Grrrrrrr. I left our hotel liaison a message to call me back. I'm sure it will be taken care of soon. I'll add a new post when it's all set. I think I added to the problem when I asked her to switch the code from Pinball to Pintastic. So, I have to straighten that out. Sorry guys.

#74 9 years ago

Okay, I just got off the phone with the liaison. She's going to work on the rate code for us. Also, because there were a couple of issues with the contract, we have to go down and resign them agreeing to the changes. They will not set the room rate till the contracts are signed off on again. Grrrrr. We can't get down there today, so we are hoping to tomorrow or at worst, Wednesday. I will add a new post when they are 100% ready to go. Sorry guys.

#75 9 years ago

Good question. Depends on the format and number of players. Pingolf format would require just enough games as hole numbers wanted. Number of players wouldn't matter. Would just be a rolling start or hop on a game when its open.
    Match play would be groups of 4. Say its 40 people you need minimum 10 games and with that minimum things can go a little slow as people tend to wait on games as some games just take longer than others.
    Head to head you need twice as many as match play minimum
    Knowing the number of players for this will be a tough one. I think aybe Friday since its still a work day we do pingolf. Anyone can play there round any time during the day. Round must be completed say 2 hours before show closing. Prizes an hour before show close. Kind of a caudal event for the first day. Then Saturday a big main event with all the prize money you guys raise? Or should we just do an event Saturday?
    -Jim

Jim, this all sounds great. I love the idea of a relaxed and fun pin-golf tourney on Friday with a more competitive tourney format for Saturday for the big prize money. Your team can come up with the whole format and do what ever you guys would like to do and feel would work best. I will leave that 100% in your hands. That way, I KNOW it will be an AWESOME tournament!

Thank you "Team Sanctum"!!!

#77 9 years ago

Okay, I am looking for a volunteer or two for a special event project.

I want to eliminate the obscurity and shyness usually found at pin shows. SO, is there anyone here that could make some stickers for the event?

I'm thinking I could buy some basic white stick on name tags BUT, with 2 name lines. The first line is for your website handle and the second line is for your name. Lets face it, people know you by your handle more than they know you by your name.

Can some volunteers make us some quarter sized stickers of the Pinside, NEACF, and BPA logos? Then, after someone registers, they can fill in their handle and name and then be given a sticker to represent the website their handle is from.

As people walk by you, they'll be able to see the logo on your name tag, see your name, and say hi.

I've left a few events bumming that I couldn't find certain people. I also found myself asking a lot of people if they were on Pinside or not. This would eliminate that and would (I hope) help get more people to be friends in here. I think this would help people be nicer to eachother as well. One tends to answer and say things a little differently and nicer on a website when they can put a face to the handle name.

Of course, you don't have to participate in this if you don't want to. But at least you'd have the choice.

Any thoughts positive or negative on this?

PS-Gabe, YOUR paying for these.

#79 9 years ago

Why you being so obtuse? Is it deliberate?! I thumbed you down ya JERK!

#84 9 years ago
    Quoted from Patofnaud:

A year or two ago someone made some nice Pinside ID badges for PA. I'll do a forum search and see where that was.

That's a nice one. I'm just thinking about a plain white stick on your Pintastic 2015vT-Shirt ( ) name tag that you can write your name on and then ask for your website of choice sticker and put it on the name tag. Simple, easy and not too expensive. I hope anyway.

Quoted from eabundy:

Love the reference, and the name tag idea.

Thanks Eric. It's a great way to break the ice into a conversation and maybe even start a great friendship.

Quoted from dannunz:

Eric don't encourage him please.

You are being Obtuse! LOL

#98 9 years ago

Thanks Raisondot. That FB page is looking nice brothah!

#99 9 years ago

Okay Everyone. The hotel is ready to room reservations with the rate code now. They had been working on a way to incorporate the entire event name into the code, but couldn't get it to add anymore than 6 letters. They said the needed to have the event date in the code as well so the proper discount code rate is... 1507Pintas

15 for 2015 and 07 for July. If you type in Pintastic, it will stop at Pintas. So, that's the best they could do for the code. So if anyone wants to book the guaranteed savings rooms, do so ASAP. I know the vendors are going to take a lot of them and fast, so jump in while you can.

Again, the rate code is - 1507Pintas

Remember, there will be a big Friday night after show party for all the vendors, event staff and hotel guests. Hotel guests will need to show their room key to be allowed into the party. Also, the manager told us that if we get the whole hotel sold out, they will keep the indoor pool and hot tub open for all hotel guests till 12am!

#101 9 years ago

Thanks Jim. Stay tuned to FaceBook and the thread.. MAJOR event announcements are forth coming.

#103 9 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

Jersey Jack posted this yesterday to our Facebook page.....
    Pinball Sales
    Yesterday at 4:25pm
    Jersey Jack Pinball will be supporting this show, we will be attending this show and we will be sending lot of goodies to this show!
    This is great news for New England pin heads that have not played woz yet. Who knows what else or who else Jack will bring with him.

That's really cool of him to do that. Thank you Jack!

Jack is top notch and we should have him make a couple of our major announcements.

#106 9 years ago

That's great guys. I know that all the vendors are going to gobble up the rooms quick. So we're hoping that everyone that pretty much knows they are going to go will grab those discounted room rates first.

My thoughts are that if we can get the discounted rooms they have allotted for us taken up by regular pinheads, it will be easier for me to ask for more rooms for the vendors and sponsors who are coming to the show. I'm going to try and push the hotel manager on the fact that these are the people (in essence) who are paying for the event. Support them because they are the ones supporting you.

I promise that Friday's after party is going to be a blast! Hopefully we get the rooms we need taken so we can get the pool and hot tub area kept open to 12. We're also going to be having Pizza and drinks (including many different brands of beer) available as well. The vendors and staff will be able to just chillax and have a good time playing some pinball after working hard all day. They'll also be able to talk to one another when they couldn't during the craziness of the event. It's going to be a great time.

#115 9 years ago

I had an idea I wanted to pitch by,
    I know EaBundy has done some balls out restores, as well as Jim Swain, and was wondering what the general consensus was to have a restore contest, or best in show section? With awards, or cash prize, 1st 2nd and 3rd place, etc?
    I think it would give some needed credit that sometimes goes under the radar to some of these beauties, and make it just gravy for the few that go the extra mile with these pins. I would be tempted to try my hand at doing one, ( like an old bally) and would love to view some of the extra clean stunning works of art!
    Thoughts?

You know, we have some people here in New England with some serious talent and ability. They do this because they have such an intense passion and love for pinball. For them, bringing a game back from the dead to better than when it was new condition is what drives them. Knowing they saved a machine from the thrash heap is all the encouragement they need.

James, thumbs up and kudos my brothah! I LOVE this idea as well and I say...YES!!!

What better way to show our appreciation to these guys and their amazing efforts and abilities by rewarding them with something as a way of saying,.. Great job guys. Congrats, and Thank You for the hard work?

Now, I am going to say, that in my honest opinion, the 2 stars of the Allentown show were Eric's T2 and Jim's Taxi. There was also a gorgeous BK2K that looked fantastic as well. But you couldn't get near Taxi and T2. People know that this is my honest opinion because I have said it multiple times in various threads on Pinside. And as much as I've said it, many others have said it as well.

So with that, I'd like to officially implement this contest into Pintasic! We can call it... The Pintastic Restoration Throw Down! PRTD for short! LOL

Now, if I had to choose between which guys machine was better I'd have to say...YEAH RIGHT! Like I could choose!? What are you NUTS!?

So I think that what we can do is first, PLEASE register your machines that you are taking in to Pintastic in the soon to be activated (hopefully next week) game registration form. I am setting this up for 3 reasons. #1 - This guarantees you a spot at the event. #2 - Helps to give us an up to date rough idea of how many games to expect so we can set up the Pinball Room properly. And #3 - I am going to keep an up to date running list of machines that we are expecting to have at the show in a link on PintasticNewEngland.com. That way people can click on the link and they will know (for the most part) most of the games that will be there to see, play and possibly buy at the event.

So if you are going to enter a machine into the PRTD contest, register your machine and in the provided comments box, please tell us that your are entering the machine into the "Restoration Throw Down" contest. We'll be sure to add them to the link as well.

We will set up the machines in a row so that they can all be seen and played in one easy to find location. Then, we will make ballots available so everyone can vote for the machine they think is the best one. I'll have to figure out a way to prevent people from voting multiple times. But I'd like to think that we could all be honest and vote once and see how the chips fall. So, we'll have to see what we can come up with for a voting system/strategy.

Additionally, I will definitely do my best to get some great prizes and possibly some cash together for the contest.. Depending on how many games we get, I'd like to award prizes to the top 3 machines. I just think it's nice to spread the loot around a little. But if we only have 2 or 3 machines entered, than it will be a winner take all contest.

So, since I have already gotten the go ahead from my partner on this, I'd like to officially say...LET THE CONTEST BEGIN!!!

Good luck to you all!

#116 9 years ago
    Quoted from Steve-in-CT:

"And now for something completely different"
    I have a question about bringing a game for the free play area. I understand that there can be breakdowns with a game you bring, I'm fine with that. They can be repaired. My concern is what happens if a game is stolen, cosmetically damaged or a total loss in a fire? Does the facility or the promoters have insurance? I can't stay and babysit it during the whole show, I have other responsibilities at home. The game in question is my Williams Joust. I know that many collectors have never seen or played one and I'd like to share it with others.
    Steve

Hey Steve. We already have an insurance policy in place that would cover an event like a fire or flood or other act of God. However, we cannot be responsible for damages caused to any machine, or if a machine were somehow stolen. Just as you can't baby sit it, I'm sorry to say, we can't either.

I'll have to check with the director of the facility, but I'm sure there are many security guards and cameras in and around the entire property. If someone were to steal a machine, it would be far too easy to roll back the footage and catch the thieves.

But I'll reiterate again that in no way will Pintastic or the hotel be held liable to any lost, stolen or (and especially) damaged property. I'm sure you understand that we cannot control other people's actions.

Additionally, we have already retained a lawyer who is in the process of writing legal disclaimers that state that by bringing a machine to the show, you acknowledge and accept these facts and understand that problems and situations arise that are simply out of our hands and thus we cannot be held responsible.

All that said, anyone who would be nervous, uncomfortable or afraid that something may happen to their machine is probably better off not bringing it.

I hope that you will still take your Joust as many people (myself included) would love to see and play it.

Does anyone have any horror stories of things like this happening at other events?

#125 9 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

Come on Derek this is New England! Competition and bragging rights are very high around here! I have seen what you guys can do and its amazing for sure. Now all of New England will see it, let the games begin!

I must confess that I am really excited about this. It's going to be an awesome competition and a lot of fun.

By the sounds of just the last few posts, I think we'll get quite a few machines for the competition. I'm going to try hard to get a nice chunk of prize money together for this.

As Gabe stated, please make sure you take some well document before pics. There's a difference with starting with a decent game to begin with and a machine that went through Hurricane Sandy that gets restored. So document it well.

I don't know if we'll have game categories or what, but I'm expecting it will be a contest based on the best of the best with prizes and cash for the top 3 spots. But, we'll see.

To answer Jim's question on game registration... There's no rush to register your game. Heck, I don't care if you register it a couple days before the show, but it MUST be registered to enter the contest.

As for ballots and judging, I was thinking of handing everyone out a ballot right when they get their Pintastic Wrist Pass. The ballot will have an explanation of the contest and how to vote, that way, everyone will get 1 and only 1 vote.

Thoughts?

#137 9 years ago
    Quoted from DRDAVE:

Good idea about handing out ballots when getting their wrist pass. I do like the era categories for voting though. As people into a particular era or eras know what the game(s) should look like / play like and would judge appropriately and not on a whim as some voters who may vote for a game because they are into that particular era or title.
    The Northeast is home to a wonderful pool of restoration talent.
    Looking forward to some great competition across a bunch of eras and titles.
    -Dave (Doc)

There re a lot of extremely talented restorers here in NE. I'm hoping that the contest will get them to come out and show off their skills. Of course, some cash and prizes is extra incentive for them to bring something to the show.

As for separating eras, I'd love that, it's just going to depend on if we get enough machines from said era that determines how we will run the contest.

Thanks for all the great input and suggestions Dave.

Also, I'm going to be encouraging several repair techs to rent a space at the event. One thing about shows, as machines are always in need of a little love, and attention.They'll be no shortage of opportunities for repairing stuff for people. I think some serious money will be there to be made at the show. Ideally, I'd like to have 3 or 4 techs available to repair machines for people. Let me Know if you'd be interested and thanks.

#138 9 years ago
    Quoted from drgnlair:

Pinball Code is not working now. Might need to call the hotel, bet ya the 50 rooms are gone

I just hung up the phone with the hotel liaison and she confirmed that Gabe/Dannunz is correct. In order for the discount code to work, you must choose a discount category after typing in the rate code 1507pintas. Choose the "Group Rate" code and the 1507pintas code will be accepted and you will get the $99 rate.

BTW, the regular room rate for those nights in July are $159 a night. So make sure you use that code so you get that discount.

#139 9 years ago
    Quoted from jrpinball:

Just reserved a room. Looking forward to this summer pinball extravaganza. I plan on bringing an EM or two. Let's get all eras of games represented like at PPE. This is going to be fun!

Glad your coming. You can never have too many EMs.

It's going to be a great event with a lot of games, vendors and special guests. We're going to ALL put New England back on the pinball map!

Would love to meet Loyld! Would gladly buy him a drink
    -Jim

They don't get any nicer or better than Llyod! Keep an eye out for guest announcements on this thread!

1 week later
    #147 9 years ago
    Quoted from nerdygrrl:

For the concession stand might I suggest Down The Road Brewery. Donovan is a local pinhead and a damn fine brewer.
    http://downtheroadbrewery.com/

That is a great suggestion. No promises obviously, but I will see what I can do. Thanks NG!

#148 9 years ago
    Quoted from jadziedzic:

Any chance you guys can get the discount rate to apply to rooms with queen beds so us married folk can bring the better half?

Thank you for this heads up Jad. Since seeing you post, I have had multiple talks with the hotel management. I finally went down there for a face to face with the corporate "Big Wig".

Here's the nut shell of how it went down...

I said to him that this is going to be the type of event that draws over 2,000 people through the doors and will fill up your hotel. NOW, if you want to see other hotels take your business away, by all means, keep things the way they are. But if you want to see this place filled, then drop the rates down and give people a deal.

He then asked, "What would you like to see the rates at for the other rooms?".

I said, "$99 for the doubles, $109 for the queens and $119 for the kings. That's a fair deal.".

He then asks, "So, you think you're gonna fill this place?".

I said, "I know you don't know this hobby, but I'm telling you, this facility will be swarming with people and everyone is going to want to stay here. Especially because we're going to let everyone who stays here go to our exclusive Friday after party we're having. Everywhere there's a pinball show across the country, ALL the hotels always sell out and this place WILL sell out too."

He said, "Okay, I tell you what...I'll make ALL the rooms available for the $99 price."

I start laughing and I'm like... "WHAT!? REALLY!?". LOL

He said yup. "I want to see this hotel filled for a great event."

I said, "Hold on to your seat brothah. By this time next week, the rooms we already have booked will double. And I haven't even started booking the sponsors yet. Once they are on board this place will fill up fast!"

So, THEN I asked him, "Will you give us the whole hotel at this price!?".

He turned to our hotel liaison and asked her how many rooms we already have blocked off. She said 50 but I extended them an additional 50. He asked how many rooms were already booked, she said 32.

So he turns to me and says, "We'll cross that bridge when we get to it, but I'm sure we can come to an agreement that will make everyone happy."

So this is it. I just got word that the links are all livened up. So whether you need a double bed, or want a queen or even KING, they are ALL ONLY $99!!!

I'm sure this goes without saying, but I'll say it anyway. Obviously the suites are NOT included in this special price. This is for all the basic rooms. Just want to be clear and save someone from calling the hotel and asking this question.

So, get in on these now while you can. Just remember, you choose your room, then put in the discount code... 1507Pintas Then choose the group rate and you should be good to go. If anyone has a problem, let me know here and I'll work it out for you.

Good luck guys!

Here's the hotel link again... http://www.sturbridgehosthotel.com

#151 9 years ago
    Quoted from Chippewa-Pin:

You da man. Nice job!

LOL Thanks. Wish I could've recorded the whole convo. There was a lot more to it with some funny comments, but you guys got the gist of it. I'm just so glad I was able to get them down. I can't believe they went to $99 bucks on the King rooms. At $119 they would've been a great deal. At $99, it's like getting FREE ADMISSION FOR BOTH DAYS OF THE EVENT!!!

#152 9 years ago
    Quoted from jadziedzic:

Thanks for the hard work - I just booked a king mini-suite lake view room at the $99 rate!
    Tony

I can't BELIEVE you got a mini suite for the $99 dollar price!!! That may be a mistake there, but they will have to honor it. ANYONE who wants one of those suites better pounce on that before they change it and take it away. That's an awesome deal on a very nice room. If they ever did the common areas over, they'd be a 4-41/2 star hotel.

Anyway, congrats on the room and I look forward to meeting you and your wife at the show.

#157 9 years ago

Jake, you...are...AWESOME!!! It really came out amazing and I love it. Thanks for all the help and hard work. I publically thanked you as well on our "THANKS" page link as well. Thanks again Jake and I look forward to the Tee design.

#160 9 years ago
    Quoted from Rascal_H:

Exactly an hour from me. I'll be bringing games... Just have no idea what will be in my collection a year from now.
    Wish it was on Sunday too

Truth be told, we wanted to have it on Sunday too, but the Convention Center had another event already scheduled for that day. ;( So...

#161 9 years ago

Pintastic New England is proud to announce it's first "official" MAJOR event sponsor.

New England, you can officially look forward to Jersey Jack Pinball supporting and attending your pinball show! JJP WILL BE THERE!!!

In speaking with Jack directly, he is extremely excited for New England to finally be having its own pinball show and he is ALL in with us to make this event a HUGE success!!!

He said that he will have some very special and "BIG" surprises for everyone at the event. He wouldn't even tell us what they were!

All I can say is, if you know Jack, you KNOW you can count on him making a MAJOR splash at Pintastic 2015!

I know I speak for everyone when I say Thank You Jack for supporting us. We'll all be looking forward to seeing what you have up your sleeves.

#163 9 years ago

LOL I didn't ask what event was going on. Possibly a wedding? We could all crash it!

Anyway, I look forward to seeing you at the event Tom.

#166 9 years ago

I was at Allentown last year for the first time and I thought it was AWESOME! Ivan does a HECK of a job making that a great and fun event for all. Not to mention all the vendors and helpers who come together to make it happen too.

I'll also say that I thought there was a good showing of outside vendors at the show and I would DEFNITELY encourage you to go. I think you'd have a blast regardless of what you do or don't purchase. Gabe and I will definitely be there too. That's how much we loved it.

As for Pintastic, we have over 12,000 square feet of air conditioned indoor space for vendors and we've marked out over 10,000 square feet of space for outside vendors. We could EASILY double the amount of outdoor vendor space, so if ANYONE wants to be a part of the indoor or outdoor vendors areas, please head over to PintasticNewEngland.com and click on the "Vendors" link at the top of our home page. There you can register for the event and we will advertise you here so that others will see that you will be there. People WANT what you have to sell, so by all means, jump in with us either inside the show or in the outside flea market area.

We fully expect to have everything you would want or hope to see at the event Luke. As of right now, JJP as well as Automated will be there with plenty of new machines for sale as well as individuals selling their used machines. We expect well over 200 at the event and most will have a sale price on them..

As for vendors...I believe we'll have over 40 different vendors inside and I easily think we'll have 15 - 20 flea market vendors outside. So there will be plenty of sellers on hand for you to purchase anything you may want or need.

Either way, I hope to see you at Allentown AND Pintastic next year. Thanks Luke.

#167 9 years ago
    Quoted from TheRave:

Keep in mind that the flea market is good for old parts and project machines. The show itself will have a free play area where I would say that the majority of the machines are for sale. This is where people tend to purchase machines, not as much in the flea market. That being said, there are usually threads that start at some point before the show where people chime in as to what they are bringing. Keep on eye on this if you are serious about purchasing. There are a bunch of machines that are "sold" before they even get to the shows.

This is all true and I would like to add that on the PintasticNewEngland.com web site, we will have a game registration form available for everyone to fill out as to what game they plan on bringing to the show. We will then take that list and post a separate (Event Games) link on the site that we will update every time we have a machine get added. That way you'll be able to click the link and see every game registered to be at the event.

NOW, I will say, this does NOT mean that we are guaranteeing that the machine will be there. We can't do that because people have the right to sell their machine anytime they want. So they could easily sell it before the show takes place. If they let us know it's been sold, we'll remove that machine from the list.

Hope that helps and TY Rave for that great comment.

1 week later
    #169 9 years ago

I am happy and proud to announce that Marco Specialties is in for Pintastic! Marco Specialties has committed to not only partner with us, but also to vend at the show! You can be sure they'll bring a bevy of parts with them for all your pinball needs.

I'd also just like to say thank you to Marco's for helping to make Pintastic a reality for New England. Your support is greatly and sincerely appreciated. We simply can't do this without you.

#170 9 years ago

It gives me great pleasure to announce that Rock Custom Pinball is IN THE HOUSE!!!

Chris is an unbelievable guy with a crazy passion for pinball. His under cabinet lighting kits are second to NONE! If you're even remotely interested in undercab kits and other things LED, you definitely want to check him out at www.rockcustompinball.com

Thanks Chris for helping to make this event a reality. New England thanks you!

#172 9 years ago
    Quoted from Rock914:

It is truly our pleasure. Thank you guy's again for creating this event I am sure it will be one to remember.

Thank you Chris. I hope you and your family will be able to attend the show my friend, it's going to be AWESOME!

#173 9 years ago

We've had a few people ask if pets were allowed at the hotel. I spoke with our hotel Liaison and she confirmed that animals are in fact welcome at the hotel but there is a $25 charge per day per pet. So those of you who have pets and would like to take them, the Sturbridge host is a pet friendly facility.

I know that's great news for many out there, but I must make mention that no pets are allowed into the event area for safety reasons. The only exception would be for service dogs/guide-dogs. So please be aware of that only exception.

I will update the Pintastic website with this info tonight.

Thank you everyone!

#174 9 years ago

I am happy and proud to announce that Comet Pinball is down with Pintastic!!!

Anyone that knows Art, knows that he is top shelf and top notch all the way. He has a RIDICULOUS amount of love and respect for our beloved hobby and making it more fun and enjoyable for everyone with all his awesome LED's is his mission! Art has some of the best LED's in the business. Please make sure to visit his site and check out all the various LED's he has in stock at CometPinball.com for you to deck your game out in style.

Truly an asset to the pinball community, Art hit me up and wanted to make some GREAT donations for Pintastic. We will be using those items towards prizes and charity raffles at the show. It's going to be a great event because of all the great people and companies that are getting behind it.

Thank you Art for your partnership and support.

For anyone else who would like to partner with Pintastic, donate to the show, or volunteer to help, please head over to PintasticNewEngland.com or PM me here directly.

We can't do this without you. Thank you everyone!

#183 9 years ago
    Quoted from e4mafia:

Just wanted to pop in an give a huge thanks and virtual high five to Pinfidel and Dannunz for taking the initiative and creating this thing out of whole cloth and thin air. This is an amazing logistical challenge to take on, and you both have my gratitude. I can't wait to come and play with everyone next summer. My only problem is that I can only bring 1 pin...and maybe not even that, since I can't fit a pin AND kids in the minivan at the same time. Going to have to get creative. Maybe a south shore rideshare/Uhaul caravan? We pick up people and pins on the way there?

The trailer idea is a great idea especially if you have pins you want to sell. But whatever you do, be sure to take the kids, they're gonna have a BLAST!

#184 9 years ago
    Quoted from eabundy:

That's a great idea. Good luck, and I hope you get a ton of vendors and sponsors. Wish I could join you guys down there in York.

Thanks Eric. It's a bummer that you're not going. I was really looking forward to talking and hanging out again like at Allentown. Will miss you and Sam both.

#186 9 years ago
    Quoted from Pinphila:

Looks good guys! Can't wait! I'll see you both next week.

Thanks brothah, it's been a lot of hard work, but it's coming together well.

Looking forward to seeing you too. It's going to be a great time in York. We'll definitely hook up at the trailer.

1 week later
    #194 9 years ago

Well, York was a lot of fun. Met and made some new friends and caught up with some great old ones. Rich and his crew did a wonderful job. I spent some time talking to Rich as well. All I can say is he's a class act and stand up guy. He graciously let us talk about Pintastic as well as hand out our information postcards. Rich, I don't know if you'll read this, but thanks for everything my friend.

#195 9 years ago

Now, even though we had a great time at York, we weren't there on pleasure alone. We wanted to let the vendors there know that New England was going to have a huge pinball show too and invite them to be part of it.

Make no mistake, without the support of our sponsors and vendors, there is no show. Some are large, some are small, but they're all equally important to having a great event. When it comes time, be sure to support those who are supporting you.

Pintastic was well received at York and as a thank you, we will list the names of all the vendors who said they will be attending in the coming weeks.

These are some great companies with great products and owners behind them. We know you'll be very excited to hear that they will be at Pintastic New England. We will start things off with a bang tomorrow.

#197 9 years ago

Morning everyone. It's announcement time as promised.

The first company I'd like to formally announce that was at York and will be coming to Pintastic is a great one indeed. You Know em, you love em and they have some of the best products and prices in the hobby. More importantly they are a GREAT group of people who work extremely hard at being one of the best at what they do.

All that said, it gives me great pride, pleasure and excitement to announce that Coin Taker will be vending at Pintastic in 2015!!!

Coin Taker was front and center at York and really made the show an exciting one indeed. They unboxed a brand new Walking Dead pro and set it up for all to play and enjoy. It never sat untouched with constant lines of people wanting to play. TWD was well received and Coin Taker sold a bunch of them at the show. Many thanks to them for bringing it out and congrats on selling so many. TWD was definitely one of the highlights of the show for me.

I'd just like to say a very humble and sincere thank you both Chris, Melissa and everyone at Coin Taker for supporting Pintastic 2015 and New England. We look forward to seeing you guys and all the great stuff you'll be bringing to Pintastic next year.

1 week later
    #200 9 years ago

It was nice meeting up with you guys at the Sanctum. Lots of ideas and positive vibes, looks like a lot of good vendors coming out!

It was great meeting up with you guys as well. Had a blast talking to everyone as well as playing some great pinball machines. You guys have really done an amazing job setting up the Sanctum. Congrats, kudos and thumbs way up to all of you.

Anyone in driving distance of the Sanctum owes it to themselves to make a pilgrimage out to Meriden. Jump in on one of their fun tournaments they throw and meet up with some awesome guys and gals. It's a ton of fun for sure.

Tomorrow I will make another vendor announcement, so keep an eye out for the thread bump.

#205 9 years ago

Good morning everyone. I'd just like to shoot out a great new vendor update to you all.

The PinGraffix crew is in!!!

I'm so happy to have these guys on board for Pintastic. If you look back to the start of this thread, you'll see that Joe (JoeRaptor2003) was the first person/vendor to commit and say that he was in and would be at the show. So we give Joe and the boys a super sincere thank you for supporting New England at Pintastic 2015.

Anyone that has seen and talked with these guys knows just how awesome they are. They're always quick with one liners and jokes when you talk with them. They're always smiling, keeping it real and are easy to talk to and deal with and you gotta love that.

I had a blast hanging out with them for awhile at Allentown this past May. That was the first time I had met them and I had a ball playing the Mustang and incredibly pimped out STLE they had there. Seeing them again at York and seeing some of the great new products they came out with was awesome. The side blade and apron graphics they come out with are simply AMAZING! These guys are driven to bringing awesome graphic mods to the marketplace. Their combo mirrored, graphic side blades really set machines over the top, while their STLE and IM mirrored combo side blades are just straight up off the HOOK!

I have a set of their South Park graphic blades I bought at Allentown and they add so much to the look and detail of the game. I was going to buy another set for my TFLE-C in York, but they told me to wait because they are trying to come out with a set of decals on the mirrored side blades like the ones for STLE and IM. I hope they can work their magic and pull those off because they would just really send an already beautiful machine right over the top! If they are available at Allentown, I'll be buying a set.

With all that said, I'd just like to again say thank you to Joe, Jim, Jose, Lew and the whole PinGraffix gang for agreeing to be an awesome part of Pintastic New England in 2015.

Make sure you guys check out their awesome gear at PinGraffix.com. Like I always say and will continue to say, there is NO show in New England without all our awesome vendors and partners. So please, show them your thanks by making sure you support them first and foremost.

#207 9 years ago

Nice idea Eric. Some of these guys have prices so low, they may not be able to even offer a discount. I'm sure some will if they see this though.

I know in our talks with vendors, they've ALL said that the New England/NY area has always been good to them and they all have wanted to show their support for us and have all said they're excited to be part of Pintastic.

Believe it or not, we only have about 10-15 vendor spots left at the show. So if you're a vendor and you want in, please log onto our website at PintasticNewEngland.com, click on the vendor registration link at the top of the page and book your spots. We don't want anyone to get left out.

There are also upgraded vendor spots at the event. Those are priced accordingly so please be sure to let us know what upgraded spot you'd like to choose in the comments section at checkout. Our preferred method of payment is by check, but we also accept Paypal.

Thanks Eric for that great idea and thanks again to everyone out there for making Pintastic a reality.

#212 9 years ago
    Quoted from PunishersLEMC:

Thanks for the kind words - PinGraffix will be there with some Kick ASS pimped machines and products. There will be plenty of laughs and good times had.. We are excited to be a part of this.. Thank you all for your support
    Jim

You guys are awesome Jim and we're super excited to have you. Can't wait to see the pimped out machines you guys will have at the show. I'm still thinking about that IM at York. I want that!

Quoted from eabundy:

How about at the very least, we can just type PINTASTIC under the checkout message area, and maybe the vendors will send it out a bit quicker, or add some extra jelly beans

You're a riot Eric! I'm in for extra jelly beans. LOL

#215 9 years ago
    Quoted from eabundy:

I hope Todd from TNT will make the trip and do some videos. I have a blast watching them and hearing his point of view.

Meant to comment on this earlier...Todd is awesome. I love his vids as well. Funny, informative and entertaining for sure. He's a real throwback and asset to the hobby. I'll talk to Todd face to face in Allentown and (hopefully) get him to commit to come with Frankie and video everything. Todd's great like that and I'm sure it won't take too much prodding.

#217 9 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

Do you think the hotel will let us toss a pinball machine off the roof?

LOLOLOLOL!!!!!!! Nice one! I hope he comes in here and see that.

1 week later
    #227 9 years ago

Miss a few days, miss a lot!

Okay, let me address some concerns. First off, if you bring a machine to the show, we simply cannot guarantee it's safety from being dinged or scratched any more than I could guarantee that my high end sports car won't get dinged up in the parking lot. Trust me, I could buy 7 BBB's for it's cost.

Now believe me, I would HATE to see your BBB, rare, or high end restored pin get damaged in any way shape or form. I'd equally hate it if your $300 dollar EM got dinged or scratched. I don't want to see anyone's machine be damaged, believe me. But let's be honest, no matter how many security guards or staff members you have on hand, it's impossible to watch every machine all of the time. What's worse is, we can't control other people's ignorance, rudeness, disrespect, or actions and thus can't be responsible for them. However, not only will we have our staff being ever vigilant to help and watch the machines as best a possible, but as Daniml said, we as pin heads need to ALL keep our eyes out for anyone that would try to damage someone else's property. I know if I saw someone trying to scratch or beating on a machine, I'd be pissed and jump in and say something. So please, to everyone, let's all keep an eye out and have each other's back so nothing ever happens to anyone's machine, ever.

As for theft, no machine will be allowed to leave the floor without being checked. That's standard at any show so nothing is new there. And yes, we do have a catastrophe insurance policy in place that covers us if God forbid there were a fire or flood or natural disaster. Additionally, as Gabe stated earlier, there will be only one way in and one way out after hours. That way goes by the hotels front desk. Not only will a hotel staff member be on duty, but we will have a security guard at that lone entrance and NO ONE will be allowed down to that area, so everything will be safe.

I'd just like to say Thank you for voicing your concerns and even bringing your BBB to the show. You're top shelf and I again just want to say thank you.

#229 9 years ago
    Quoted from Pinphila:

I will be there and if I see shenanigans on a machine, I will be the first to say something. Ill bring a charged cattle prong if need be. lol. kidding guys.

Come on!!! I was counting on you and that cattle prod! Now what do I do in lieu of muscle? I can't just rely solely on Gabe. LOL

#232 9 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

How much do you think it would cost to have MR. T walking around in a Pintastic shirt?

A gold chain and a haircut?

#245 9 years ago

Thank you all who have "officially" registered to help. You guys are awesome!

There's so many different things to do at the show and there's simply no way we can do it without you. We sincerely appreciate each and everyone of you for volunteering your time and services. We know you are doing this out of kindness and excitement the show. For you, helping out is good enough and you don't want anything. Well, we're very grateful to all of you and as a way of saying thank you, we're going to have some cool stuff for everyone who helps out. Thanks again everyone.

1 week later
    #246 9 years ago

Vendor Update Time!

I'm very happy to announce that Bruce Nightingale and his dad Bruce Sr. from Pinball Lifters will be at the show!

These guys have a crazy passion for pinball and are 2 of the nicest guys you could ever hope to meet. Their pinball lift systems are second to NONE. We saw and tried out their lifts and jack systems as well as their PB Helper (GENIUS!) at the Allentown and York shows and they are simply AWESOME! Check them out at their website here... http://www.pinballlifter.com/ and watch the PB Lifter video and how amazingly versatile their jacks are. The jacks they sell are light weight and turn on a dime with ease.

These are a must for every pinball owner. So if you're in need of a new jack or lift system for moving your machines, you need not look any further than the guys at Pinball Lifter.

Thank you for supporting and being part of the show Bruce.

Remember everyone to support those who are supporting us!

1 week later
    #249 9 years ago

I just had to take a moment to say a HUGE Thank You to everyone who has already signed up to volunteer. In just 2 short weeks, you guys have really showed your excitement and support. We can't thank you guys enough. We already have 16 people who have officially registered to help at the event and have an additional 7 who actively help us now. You guys are AWESOME! We genuinely thank, appreciate and applaud you.

I've said this time and again and will continue to say it because it's the truth and we are constantly reminded of the fact. There simply is no show without the help of all you great guys and gals out there who truly love this hobby and believe in what we're doing. From all those who are helping us now and will help us at the event, to all our awesome vendors and sponsors. YOU all are the ones who are making this show a reality. We are humbled by all of you and sincerely thank you for all that you've done are doing and will continue to do to make this all happen. Your kind words, excitement and support keeps spurring us onward.

So again, to each and everyone one of you, you're help is NOT taken lightly and is GREATLY appreciated. Thank you all!

#250 9 years ago

Vendor update:

Allan Davidson is one of the greats when it comes to pin repair. Anyone who owns a pinball machine in and around MA. has probably had him come out and repair their machine for them. He moves like lightning across a machine and does great work. I'm bringing my Baby Pac-Man to him next week so he can fix that for me. I know I'll never have a problem with that machine again after he gets done with it.

Allan does repairs on all machines from EM's right up to todays state of the art games. On top of being a great tech, Allan in a top notch board repairer and restorer and that is the expertise he will be bringing to Pintastic 2015. He is going to have a booth set up that will be dedicated to board repair. So, if you have a board that is damaged, broken, crazy, bugging out, hacked, needs a chip, transistor, on the fritz (who doesn't!?) or anything else that needs to be repaired or checked on it, bring them to him at the show. He'll go over it, diagnose it on his test fixtures, see what it needs and tell you if it can be repaired, or if you're better off replacing it. If it's repairable, he'll do it right there on the spot for you and at a great price too! Now that's what I call Super Service!

Allan's company is called Aardvark Pinball Repair. If you need anything on your machine fixed or repaired, Allan's the guy! He can be contacted at [email protected] or by phone at 508-369-1572.

Thank you Allan for support! Make sure you continue to support him New England.

#253 9 years ago
    Quoted from Daniml:

Maybe you can ask Allan if he'd like to do a short lecture/seminar on Pinball Repair 101 for us newbies to the hobby!

That would be great, except I think Allan is going to be beyond busy doing board repairs at the show.

We have someone in mind to teach some repairs classes. Already reached out to him and he wants in. Just a matter of scheduling. Stay tuned for updates on the thread as the show gets closer.

Thanks D!

#254 9 years ago

Snowing pretty hard out there on our way to a foot. Not complaining next to Buffalo, but just the same, safe travels to all who have to drive in it. I hope everyone has a safe, fun, wonderful and happy Thanksgiving!

1 week later
    #256 9 years ago

Looking forward to Automated's Christmas party this Saturday. Gabe and I will be there. Anyone else planning on attending?

#259 9 years ago

Gabe and I will be wearing our Pintastic logo shirts. If you notice us, come up to us, introduce yourself and say hi. We're looking forward to meeting a bunch of our great friends, supporters volunteers and fellow pin brothahs.

See you all Saturday!

#261 9 years ago

I'll be there at 12. Gabe will be there around 1. Should be a lot of fun. Can't wait and see you there.

#262 9 years ago

Yesterday was an amazing day at the Automated Christmas party. Mike was a great host providing pizza and drinks for us and all his games were set to free play for everyone to enjoy. The Hobbit was the main attraction of the event for sure but everyone had a great time playing all the great games Mike has in his store. We all had a ball to say the least.

It was also great to see and meet some great Pinsiders there. Thanks to all of you for the excitement you expressed for Pintastic. I'll say here what I said to many of you there yesterday...It's a lot of work for sure, but it's our pleasure to do it for New England.

We've all been wanting this for years now, but admittedly there's some doubt and skepticism out there about how serious New Englanders are about actually having a show. Lets wow all the skeptics and prove to them, that we want a yearly pinball show and we're gonna make it one of the country's best! We do that by the amount of people who show for the event. That's what all the sponsors and vendors have told us that they want to see. They want to see thousands of New Englanders there with a passion for pinball. That will make them want to come every year. So let's make it happen!

Word of mouth is the best advertising in the world. If you want to help out your show and make it a huge success, please be sure to spread the word about the show to your family, friends and coworkers and then bring them out to the show. Let's get a ton of new blood into the hobby. That's great for everyone and will help to keep our beloved hobby alive and well for generations to come!

Additionally, we are going to be doing a huge run of postcards (10,000) to promote the show. Some are going to awesome pinball vendors like Comet Pinball and Marco Specialties to be added into their orders. But if anyone out there would like a packet of 100 or more to pass out to people, let us know here in the thread. Maybe you can hand them out to people at work. Or maybe ask if they can be displayed in businesses like stores, supermarkets or restaurants. Maybe you can ask if you can leave 50 or so in a rack near the door for people to grab on their way out. Whatever it takes to get the word out to those who otherwise would never had known about your show if not for the cards.

So let me know if any of you are interested in helping to push the show in that way. That would be a HUGE help and go a LONG way toward proving how serious we New Englanders are about our pinball!

Thanks guys and thanks again to Mike at Automated for the party and also to JJP for bringing out a Hobbit for all to play and enjoy. (more on that tomorrow)

Thanks all and stay tuned for a major show update tomorrow!

#263 9 years ago

Well, Saturday at the Christmas party gave us some time to meet and talk with Mike from Automated. As you all know, Automated is the largest pinball distributor in the country and they're located in good ole' CT. So it doesn't get more pinball New England, than Automated.

We met Mike for the first time and talked with all about the show. What an awesome guy and pinball pioneer. Talking to him was probably the fastest couple hours of my life. The time just flew by and he really is the nicest and most generous person. He was not only excited, but has agreed to throw his full weight behind Pintastic.

It gives me sincere pleasure to announce that Automated is in and will be one of the headliners at Pintastic New England 2015!!! This is really exciting because Automated will be an anchor for the show.

Mike is so excited at the opportunity to support the New England show and give back to his home area by attending Pintastic. He really has a heart for pinball and seeing it grow by giving back to everyone who has supported his business since he opened way back in 1972. You can count on him bringing a full truckload full of all the latest and greatest machines for his vendor spots along with some beautiful playing blasts from the past for the free play area.

So if you see Mike, please thank him for his generous support, because there simply is no show with out our sponsors and vendors. But for now, on behalf Of Gabe, myself, Team Pintastic and all us die hard pinheads out there who have been starved for our own show, we just all would like to say thank you Mike for EVERYTHING you are doing to make this show a reality. Pinheads from all of New England and beyond will come out in full force to show their real thanks.

#268 9 years ago

Gabe...You're hilarious! Elfie in AC/DC!? Tori is all wowed by it and Andrea & I laughed. LOVE IT bro!

#269 9 years ago

Project Pinball is BEYOND AWESOME for all the work they are doing for kids. We are proud to be partnering with them at Pintastic. One of our main focal points is having charity raffles at the show and helping those who are hurting and up against hard times. What better way to do that then to help these poor and beautiful children and their wonderful families?

So please, if you have anything you'd like to donate for "charity" specific raffles, PM us and let us know. We'll make sure that every item is combined with others to put together some great raffle contest prizes and 100% of all monies collected from each raffle will go to it's designated charity.

Help us help others. Together, we can.

#270 9 years ago

Merry Christmas everyone!!!! I hope you all have a very special and wonderful family day.

#276 9 years ago

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas. Thank God the craziness is over. Whewww.

As for the hotel...People have asked what the room availability situation was. I will call them tomorrow to find out and update the thread with the info.

#278 9 years ago

WOW! Poster came out awesome! Great work by you and James Gabe. One question though...How the heck did you get that pic of bigfoot from WH2O playing that WOZLE!!!???

#282 9 years ago

Okay guys, I called the hotel today and here's the situation.

The hotel now has 2 other small events going on (although in completely different sections of the hotel) at the same time as Pintastic. People attending these events are also booking rooms in the hotel. As of now, Pintastic has 86 rooms booked across the 3 day event while the other events have 62 rooms booked during the same period. That's 62 less rooms for those who want to come and stay on the premises (not to mention attend the Friday after party).

I told the hotel manager that some of those rooms may actually be Pintastic attendees. They said there's no way to prove that.

SO, if you have booked a room through another site (like Bundy did) or booked without using the Pintastic rate code, please call the hotel and let them know that you are staying there for Pintastic. This will also help us to secure another block of rooms for Pintastic attendees only.

Thanks everyone and I'll have another hotel update soon.

#295 9 years ago

Feeling sick today. Sinus infection is starting. God I hate that. Ughhh.

Anyway, I just wanted to say that the main reason we chose our location venue was it's proximity to great stuff all pretty close by. We wanted families to get excited about ALL the things in and around MA. and make it a great vacation, not just a one day visit to a pinball show where dad goes off alone. So try to plan a great vacation around the event too. If anyone wants to take extra days off and stay at the hotel for 4 -5 days, a week, w/e, PM me. I'll talk to the hotel manager and try to get them to honor our special Pintastic rate for your whole vacation stay.

Now, not only are we a straight shot, 1 hour drive from Boston with myriads of things to do (think the Red Sox in Fenway Park, Faneuil Hall, The Old State House, a TON of great museums and restaurants, the USS Constitution, the Bunker Hill Monument and the whole Freedom Trail, etc) but in the exact opposite direction, the hotel is about 45 minutes away from Six Flags New England in Agawam MA. Also out that way (45 minutes from the hotel) is the home base of the Yankee Candle Factory Store in Deerfield, MA (an awesome place to visit with it's indoor Bavarian village) as well as the Holyoke Mall, which as of a couple years ago was New England's largest mall. That crown was taken over by the Natick Mall which is about 35 minutes away from the hotel venue headed right on the way to Boston. There's a lot of very high end stores in that mall along with some great restaurants.

The event location is also about 45 minutes from Foxboro which is the home of the Pats at Gillette Stadium. They have a great mall in there (called Patriot Place with some great restaurants) along with the New England Sports Museum which is a must see for any sports fan.

On top off all that, directly across the street from the hotel is Old Sturbridge Village which is a Colonial blast from the past. People dress like the colonial days and do everything manually just like the Colonial days. It's a great learning experience that's a lot of family fun and truly great for the kids. Dad could be playing pinball at the show on day 2 while the wife and kids are right across the street at OSV. Check them out online and see all the cool stuff they have in there.

Lastly, right on the hotel property is a gorgeous lake with a nice sandy beach for swimming. They also have beach volleyball, paddle boats, a basic mini golf course, horseshoes, bocce, a lakeside restaurant, indoor swimming pool with hot tub and pet friendly rooms!

So we really tried hard to pick a location that was family, pet and vacation friendly. Plus, being just outside of Boston means no dealing with traffic and tons of free on site parking with room for over 600 vehicles! It's easily accessible for people to enjoy all the great history of Boston, (America's first major city) with all it's great natural history as well as tons of other fun stuff less than an hour from the hotel. So hopefully people will take advantage of our location and do some other great stuff as well.

See you all at the show!

#296 9 years ago

Making progress. There's been a bunch of new updates to the website. The latest...Just got the Game Registration page completed. Check it out and be sure to register your games as we get closer to the event.

Restoration Throwdown Contest page will be next. Stay tuned.

#298 9 years ago

Ok guys, tons of changes and additions to the website over the last 2 days. Check them out and let us know what you think and where we can improve. Thanks!

www.pintasticnewengland.com

#299 9 years ago

If you haven't checked out the Restoration Throwdown Contest page on the website, check it out. The excitement is ramping up in a big way on this and we already had our first official entrant early this morning.

I want to publically acknowledge James AKA ShaklersRevenge for coming up with this idea and wanting to see it be a part of Pintastic. And for me, this contest is dear to me because I have restored a couple of games cosmetically, so I know and respect all of the really hard work that is involved in restoring a machine. For these guys, they know everything from A-Z and they repair the circuit boards and can diagnose things down to a tiny transistor that needs replacing. It's incredible and I am truly baffled and amazed by these guys.

So I am hoping to see a lot of people get in on this because it's really exciting to see someone take something meant for the trash pile and restore it to glory.

Good luck!

#300 9 years ago

Okay guys, we just got a very interesting suggestion.

The Restoration Throwdown Contest entrance fee is $35. That $35 goes towards the printing up of ballots and pens and won't even begin to cover the cost of the trophies. It also comes with a 2 day pass into the show. The cash and prize pool for the contest will be $1,000 spread out between the winners.

Well, it has been suggested to us that we up the entrance fee to $50 and take the extra $15 and add that cash directly to the prize pool. So if we had 35 entrants into the contest, that would add another $525 cash into the pool.

Now we like the idea, heck it's only $17 to get in the door, so that's $34 right there. At $35 you're only paying a dollar to get your game into the RTC contest! For me, I'd do it because what's another lousy $15 bucks in this hobby? Plus I stand to win a lot more than that back!

So, we wanted to put this out to a vote. We want to hear what everyone thinks especially the restorers who are going to be in the contest. Is this a great idea or should we just leave it as it is?

Post your thoughts here, or if you want to remain anonymous, please feel free to PM us and it will be kept confidential.

Thanks guys!

#304 9 years ago

This is NOT Gabe's and my show. This is YOUR show. We want to try to do and have everything that everyone wants. We want to go all out, every year and make Pintastic a pinball destination and put New England on the pinball map because we have some of pinballs most passionate fans. So keep the thoughts and ideas coming.

We know that most people who restore games do it more for the fun and prestige of it. As someone who's done a lot of restoration work, I appreciate the time and effort that goes into it. We want to be different and have some cash and prizes for you guys because you deserve it and it's our way of saying thank you for all the hard work and adding some awesome excitement to the show.

Remember, every attendee who walks through the door is entitled to 1 vote. There is no way to rig this and no politics will play into it because there will be hundreds of new people at the show. They will be choosing the machines that they think are best. So politics will play no part in this.

I'm super excited!

#305 9 years ago
    Quoted from Daniml:

I agree with the Doctor. A trophy should be reward enough to show that people appreciate their work. Increasing the entry fee will discourage the novice restorer from entering, prohibiting them from showing their work, knowing they cannot compete with some of the veterans. Lets keep this fun and stress free or else it will be the same 2-3 veterans winning year after year.

This is the last thing we want whether it's with the Restoration Throwdown or the pinball tourney. Regardless, we can't control who enters, prizes or not.

Now, we did have some people say that trophies and ribbons we all that were needed when the idea was started, but we really wanted to have some cool stuff for people. And lets face it, $500 in cash and another $500 in prizes spread out between several winners is not a whole lot of money. So I'm sure that the novice restorers will be very proud to show off their great, quality work regardless.

That said, we'll see how it goes this year and maybe we'll change it up next year. We're open to anything.

#306 9 years ago

Sorry guys, I've been sick and yesterday it just knocked me down and I never touched the computer.

Anyway, there's been a lot of great discussion on the BPA about the Throwdown Contest so I want to say a couple things on it.

My take with this is, I look at it like a car restoration. You can do or spend as much or as little as you want. You can make it purely original and rebuild the original engine and tranny and do it factory numbers matching inside and out. OR, you can make it a resto-mod where you through in a new motor and tranny and install all digital gauges and a killer stereo and nav system with DVD screen in the dash and head rests.

Same goes with the pin you're choosing. You can do whatever you wish and spend whatever you want. Just document the process and show receipts as proof of your work.

As of now, I have more people wanting to up the entrance fee and building up the prize pot than those that don't, but I'm hoping to get more responses back before the decision is made.

Don't put yourself under any pressure to win. Some have said they do it for fun and that's awesome. Don't worry about winning. Just use this as a great opportunity to have some fun aand show off your talents. Let's face it, when you restore something and make it beautiful again, that prize enough. So don't get tied up into winning or thinking you have no shot. Just do your restore and bring it out for everyone to enjoy. Who knows how people are going to vote.

Lastly, we are adding a new element to the show for nicest games that's in addition to the Throwdown contest, but Gabe is the one working out the details, so I'm going to let him give you guys the details on that.

Thanks all.

#308 9 years ago

If I enter a game for the competition, it wouldn't be for the prize money. Any amount of prize money is gravy imho, $500 would be some nice gravy too, but the real reward would be someone flipping through your scrap book and appreciating what you put into your game, or giving some inspiration to someone to get going on their project pin.
    We would be putting our best work out on the table, and I think this will be a draw for anyone (everyone?) that appreciates the silver ball.

You nailed it James. The prize money is just potential gravy. Do a restoration because you want the satisfaction of restoring it, bringing it back to life and seeing people's eyes light up at the show. That's what's most important. The prizes are not what this is about.

Restoring a game is a very special and gratifying accomplishment. But putting it on display and having people ohhh and ahhh it in appreciation gives you the best feeling and what it's all about.

Thanks again James for such a great show idea.

#309 9 years ago

Happy Friday all!

Just wanted to say that there have been a bunch more website changes made over the last 2 days based on your feedback.

The feeling with our site is that we are a "pinball" exclusive site and being as such, we wanted our site to reflect on what pinball truly is. Piinball is bright, colorful, cheerful, whimsical and fun! I mean, besides a big box of Crayola's, what's more colorful than pinball? The great Centaur excluded.

So, we wanted the site to be modeled after the awesome hobby that we love. We didn't want to be another normal, stuffy, old, plain, basic, black and white, generic website. We feel that different, colorful, whimsical fonts against a black back round for easier reading would set us apart and make us stand out.

So let us know what you guys think.

#315 9 years ago
    Quoted from Daniml:

Update looks great! I was just thinking. How about adding a page where we can post pics of the places that the posters were hung? That way we can inform the business that their location will be posted on the Pintastic site showing the poster and promoting their business at the same time.

Dan...you ARE the man!

I like it and thinks that's really cool. Maybe make one page with a collage of pics of the businesses with the poster in it and then under the picture I can put the name of the business in there as well? I'll even make it a hyperlink to their company website too. Anyone who gives out a poster can tell the business that that's part of our way of saying thank you.

Thanks again for the awesome idea daniml "The Animal"!

#317 9 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

I'm sorry, I should have worded my response better.
    I don't need credit on the Pintastic website, just would like a poster to promote them in my business.
    LTG : )™

Thank you Lloyd. I sincerely appreciate that my friend. Thanks again!

#318 9 years ago

TY darkknight. Many have expressed their appreciation and have said thanks. It means a lot. And so many people have had a hand in the show I can't even begin to thank everyone.

Pintastic really is EVERYONE's show and we love all you out there for everything you're doing to help promote the event and make it a huge success. Gabe and I just want you all to have an awesome time and the vendors and sponsors see tons of people at the show so it becomes a great New England tradition.

Thanks again everyone!

1 week later
    #322 9 years ago

This is a great article posted up by PinballEric. So if anyone missed it, I wanted to add it here along with my comments on the thread.

http://www.digitaltrends.com/cool-tech/stern-pinball-ces-2015/

Stern Pinball also does a lot more PR and outreach nowadays — partially just to let people know they’re still around, and partially to expose pinball to new players. The gaming landscape has become far more competitive and crowded in the past couple decades, so pinball needs more evangelists than it used to.

“That’s why we’re here talking to people like you,” he explains. “We’re here to promote pinball, because life would exist without pinball, but a little bit of the fabric of life would be gone if pinball didn’t exist.”

*This is the main reason Gabe and I are doing the Pintastic Pinball Show for New England. We really want to see the hobby grow and get stronger so it gets passed down to future generations.

We are specifically targeting people who think pinball is dead. You know who they are. The people who loved playing pinball at the arcades in the 80s and 90s but think they aren't made anymore since most arcades have closed down. We want to get them into the hobby just as we all are.

We believe that once they hear about this this giant pinball show here, they'll come out, fall in love all over again and then buy into the hobby like we all have. This is what will not only help to keep pinball alive, but thrive! That's what we care about most.

Very encouraging article and I thank you for posting it up Eric.

**To add here...
    I'd just like to thank everyone here who has been getting the word out about the show. Getting new people into this hobby is what the whole thing is about. New people means more money. More money means more games being sold (Both new & used) and parts being made and sold. It's about strengthening our beloved hobby and seeing it grow.

So thanks again and keep up the great work guys. We'll be sending our proofs out to the printers soon. We're having lots of posters and postcards made out and we'll be sure to get them into the hands that want them so you can get them out there too. We're also happy to get posters to people who would like them just to hang up in your game room or whatever. Just let us know.

#326 9 years ago

You guys coming to sanctum next week? Eric will be there.

We will definitely be there Wednesday Jim. Looking forward to seeing everyone and playing some pinball! Oh wait! Eric's gonna be there!? Uhmm...Yeah, Uhhh I think I have something to do that night.

J/K! Can't wait!

#329 9 years ago

Local newspaper is planning to come out wednesday too......how convienent

We wouldn't want to take ANYTHING away from the Sanctum story. They are coming out to talk about you guys and the Sanctum, not Pintastic. You deserve the focus to be 100% on you guys and the Sanctum alone.

It's seems like mother nature will prevent us from coming out tomorrow anyway. Definitely not worth getting into an accident and Gabe has to work late cleaning snow at all his job sites. Major bummer as we were both looking forward to coming out again. We'll have to make it for next week if that's okay?

#331 9 years ago

What a difference a day makes! Turns out Gabe doesn't have to work late and since the snow isn't nearly as bad over by you CT. boys, we're gonna man up and come down. Can't wait and we'll see you all there!

3 weeks later
    #344 9 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

...and stop calling me sweets!

LOL Ted.

I think he meant...Sweet Suites?

#352 9 years ago

For those who haven't seen our "Kids" page, I just wanted to let everyone know that we are going all out to make this a super fun family event. We want you to bring your significant other and especially the kids!

Last week we hired loads of entertainment for the kids. We'll be having Lee Lee the clown from Just Clowning Around there to put smiles on the faces of all the kids with some tricks and balloon twisting! So, whatever balloon animal the kids would like, Lee Lee will make it for them. Check here out here... http://www.clowningwithleelee.com/

What kid doesn't like to have their face painted? Well, your kids will be able to have whatever they'd like painted on their faces by a professional face painter also from Just Clowning Around.

Who doesn't like magic? Well tell your kids to get ready to be wowed by the tricks and illusions by professional magician Andrew Gordon! he'll be doing 2 magic shows each day as well as walking around doing close up magic for all the kids AND the kids at heart. Check Andrew out here... http://www.andrewgordonmagic.com/

All this entertainment is FREE with your paid admission. That's right, NO extra fees, cost or charges! Like I said, we want to make this super special for the kids. We want them to remember this for the rest of their lives and be looking forward to coming out every year. Honestly, that's how we're going to grow and see our beloved hobby thrive for generations to come.

So please, tell your family, friends, neighbors and co-workers about Pintastic and all the great kids entertainment we're having for them. It's a great way to have a good clean summer day of fun for your little ones for a little price.

We're also working on trying to get a bouncy house and ice cream for the kids as well. So keep checking back for updates. Thanks everyone for all your support. We can't do it without you, so please keep spreading the good word.

#355 9 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

Not only is it stadium seating but also a nice table in front of you to put your stuff. Seats are comfortable as well.

Agreed. It's nice to be able to sit normally at a table and take notes or video or pics.

#357 9 years ago

This is awesome and really nice of Steve and the great guys at Modern Pinball to help promote the show. Thank you for the support Steve!

We know that many of you have been spreading the word too and we sincerely thank all of you. We have only gotten positive responses from all the businesses and people we have talked to, so we're really hoping for a turn out that will blow away all our sponsors and vendors at the show!So thank you again everyone for all you're doing to help out Pintastic and spread the good word.

As a special Thank You, every person who has helped out by getting posters hung up in businesses and handing out our postcards, will be getting our exclusive 2015 Pintastic New England pin. This is not for sale and will only be given out to those who've helped out with the show or those who are VIP's. Yes, VIP's.

Leon from Free Play Florida gave us the idea to do this. He said it's always a big hit at his show and he recommended we do it as well. So, we've created a new Pintastic General store page that includes an exclusive VIP ticket package. That ticket package will also include 1 hour early entrance into the show. So the VIP's will be able to get in and check out the best stuff first.

The page will be up and running soon, so check it out.

Thanks again everyone!

#358 9 years ago

*Just a reminder for anyone in the area who may be interested, today is the Entertainment Auction Company of New England's (EAC) Arcade, Pinball and Game auction in North Haven CT. Auctions are always fun to check out, especially on a freezing cold day when there's nothing else to do.

*I'll be down there for a little bit to hang up some Pintastic posters and put out some info postcards for those that would like some.

*Here's a link to the EAC Auction site... http://www.eacbids.com/

*Here's is the machine line-up that's up for auction today. The auction starts at 12pm with a 10-12 preview time so you can inspect and try before you bid... http://www.liveauctioneers.com/catalog/68176_never-ending-winter-arcade-and-pinball-auction/

*These guys also own and operate the Monster Mobile Arcade which is a 40' traveling arcade trailer that is an awesome addition to a party or event. They'll be set up outside at Pintastic for all the kids to see, play and enjoy! And other than their photo-booth and candy crane machines, everything is free for the kids to play! Check this awesome beast out here... http://www.monstermobilearcade.com/

3 weeks later
    #361 9 years ago

Hello Everyone! I have some very exciting event news that I'd like to share with all of you. = )

It gives me great pleasure to let you all know that Polar Beverages wants to have a big part in supporting us and making Pintastic New England an awesome community & family event! So we'd like to formally announce to everyone that Polar Beverages is now the "official" water & soft drink sponsor of Pintastic New England!

Polar Beverages is the largest independently owned soft drink company in the USA! They've been making bubbles since 1882 and they can't wait to see everyone at the event! They'll be giving out free samples of some of their new soda flavors as well as some old favorites for everyone to try! Please be sure to stop by their booth and try some of their delicious & exciting sodas. YUM!!!

We at Pintastic would like to personally express our sincerest thanks to the great folks and family at Polar Beverages for all their help, support and excitement! We're proud to have you take part of and share in Pintastic New England with us and we look forward to seeing you at the show!

*Remember, there is no show without our great Partners, so don't forget to say a HUGE Thank You to the Polar Beverage folks for making Pintastic a reality.

For a history of the Polar Beverages company and to see all the great flavors they proudly make and serve, simply visit them here... http://www.polarbev.com

Thank You Polar Beverages!!!

#363 9 years ago
    Quoted from mulder2010:

If Polar will be there, I'll have an Orange Dry on ice.

Yeah they have some awesome flavors. You have to check out all the varieties of drinks they have. From A&W Root Beer (My personal Fav) to Nantucket Nectars and even Snapple! They make tons of different drinks.

Check them out and read their history page. Pretty impressive for a family owned and operated business. We are beyond proud to have them take part in making Pintastic a reality for New England.

Edit: I thought I'd link in the Polar Beverage history for you all to click and check out. Cool read and AMAZING family and company.
    http://www.polarbev.com/ABOUT/History/tabid/120/Default.aspx

#364 9 years ago

Well, I just wanted to let everyone know that the first game to ever be registered in the history of Pintastic New England is...a 1976 Ship Ahoy! That's the Spirit!

#368 9 years ago
    Quoted from DRDAVE:

Good to see they offer a few selections with real cane sugar and not all with that cheap GMO High Fructose garbage. It's creeping into everything these days. No wonder diabetes is reaching epidemic /out of control status these days.
    Real Cane Sugar offerings by Polar here (Hope they bring some of these):
    http://www.polarbev.com/PRODUCTS/PolarClassics/tabid/219/Default.aspx

Hey Dr. D! Yes it's true, all this corn syrup crap, chemicals and artificial stuff is really a killer. Every time I see "Made with REAL Cane Sugar" in the ingredients list, I buy it. Has such a great taste too.

Thanks for that link brothah.

#369 9 years ago

It gives me great pleasure to announce another dual threat company supporting your show New England! Dual threat meaning that they are a sponsor AND vendor at Pintastic.

Diamond Wireless is a licensed Verizon reseller. They were so excited about this opportunity and they are behind us 100%! We're proud to have them on board with us and we know you will be too.

Everyone knows Verizon. They're a global brand who does a lot for charity and community. They want to be a part of making this a successful community event and great pinball show for New England and beyond!

Additionally, they're going to be coming up with some exclusive Pintastic specials that can only be had at the event. So if your remotely thinking about getting a cell phone or changing companies or just need some phone gear, Pintastic is the place to do it and Diamond Wireless has you covered!

Our sincerest thanks goes out to all the great folks at Diamond Wireless and Verizon for helping support the show and make it a reality.

To all those who'll be at Pintastic, please be sure to show your thanks by saying hi to them in their booth and remember to support those who are supporting you.

#371 9 years ago
    Quoted from Jared:

Looking good.

Thanks bro. A lot of work but it's going great!

#373 9 years ago

This is AWESOME news! We're so happy you can make it and proud to have you being a major contributor to the show Lloyd.

Everyone knows and respects you my friend. You've helped a lot of people out in New England with your great pinball tips and repair advice. Everyone will really be looking forward to getting to meet you face to face, shake your hand and say thank you to you in person. Count me FIRST in that group.

See you July!

#376 9 years ago

Yeah, they don't come any better than Lloyd. He's done more to help people in this hobby than anyone could ever hope to know. He's a class act and one of pinball's greatest asset's. Can't wait!

#378 9 years ago

Great news indeed my friend. Thanks so much for helping out. We appreciate you brothah and can't wait to meet up in July!

#389 9 years ago

Hey guys, yes, you can order your Tournament Super Pass Tickets and VIP ticket packages in the General Store. You'll also see our T-shirts that are still a work in progress, but looking pretty damn sweet if I do say so myself. Thanks to James Donessoni from JDS Graphics (http://www.jsdgraphics.com/) for all his hard work!

#393 9 years ago

When we set up the Pintastic new England business, we needed to find a bank. After much research, we decide on going with a credit union.

Credit unions are awesome because of the lower loan rates and the people who are members get to vote on how the credit union is run as opposed to a bank with some big-wig and a board looking out for "their" best interests.

Well, after much research, we chose Webster First Federal Credit Union. For us, they were by far and away the BEST choice we could've made. They have multiple branches, everyone is super friendly and they know most of their customers by name!

We went in to ask them if they would be interested in sponsoring our great community and New England event. A meeting was set up and I went in and told them all about the show and how great and excited all of you are about coming.

Well, they jumped right in and want to be the official sponsor of the Restoration Throwdown Contest! They're going to also promote the show to the surrounding towns and schools and help to ramp up the excitement!

So it truly gives me great pleasure to announce that Webster First Federal Credit Union is an official Pintastic Partner! And if anyone in the MA. area is fed up with your current bank or credit union, please check them out. You'll see the difference right off the bat with the workers and the happy customers.

They will also be vending at the show, so please be sure to go up to them in their booth and thank them for coming out, supporting the show and being part of Pintastic New England. We couldn't do this with out the great help of our sponsors. So please remember to support those who are supporting you.

#394 9 years ago

We were asked a question regarding the T-shirts in the General Store. Yes, 3X sized shirts and up are available, Gabe just needs to find out if there is an upcharge for the larger sizes. I HATE when companies do that, but it's standard procedure now-a-days. I have paying it on my 2X shirts in stores, so we just have to check and make sure. We'll update the website ASAP. Thanks guys!

#397 9 years ago

Beelze likes the way I say...Pahk Thah Cah in Hahvahd Yahd. LOL

Gabe has to wear lipstick in his kissing booth.

#402 9 years ago

WOW! Thanks to everyone who is visiting the Pintastic website. We're truly humbled by the out pouring of appreciation and support you all have shown. We love you guys and can't thank you enough.

Please also be sure to click on our sponsor and vendor logo links around the site and visit there websites too. They're great companies who are directly responsible for making Pintastic a reality. We want them to know that traffic coming into their sites is being driven by Pintastic fans. It lets them know that they did the right thing by being a part of the show. Most don't know anything about pinball. This will show them our passion and let them know that we want them on board every year!

Thanks to everyone for your support and stay tuned for some major announcements!

#406 9 years ago

INTERCEPTOR!

A HUGE thanks to Ken for wanting to take this out and display it for everyone to enjoy. This car is AWESOME!

#409 9 years ago

Morning all! Check out all the website changes, including our "Win a Pinball Machine" link to our Project pinball page. Click on our different site sponsors and vendors and check out their sites too.

Still working on everything of course, but the gist of it is complete. Don't beat me up too bad on my mistakes.

Thanks everyone and have a great day!

#413 9 years ago

GPL has some really great gear. Their restoration work is second to none! Definitely check out their website to see their work.

We'd also like to thank them for their generosity in donating some great items to be used in our raffles or as prizes.

Huge thanks to Great Pinball Limited!

Edit: John, thank you so much for being part of the show and for your generosity. Your products and quality of work is BEAUTIFUL!

It's really nice of you to set up your brand new Hobbit for everyone to play and enjoy as well.

Thank You again.

#424 9 years ago
    Quoted from Jared:

Im coming from Texas bump.

AWESOME Jared! Can't wait to finally meet you my friend! The pleasure will be all mine.

#425 9 years ago
    Quoted from marlboroman:

I couldn't ask for a better scenario! ...
    My boy will be participating at the 2015 New England Lobsterfest AAA hockey tournament in Exeter, New Hampshire July 10-12 !
    What a weekend that will be, Hockey and Pinball ...just perfect hope to meet many of you at Pintastic on the Sunday.
    -Mauro

Hey Mauro, so happy your still able to make the show!

DAMN! I miss my street hockey days. ;( It's tough to get old. LOL

#427 9 years ago
    Quoted from JIM_Z:

Great making this kid friendly,the kids are coming!

Hey Jim,

That's great. we've had so many people help us to get the word out. We just sent in a fresh order for 10,000 more cards today. If anyone else would like some along with some posters to continue to get the word out there, just let us know with a PM and we'll get them out to you.

We have invested thousands into the entertainment for the kids. When it comes right down to it, they are the life blood of our beloved hobby. They are way more into video games and we need to show them just how awesome, special & magical pinball truly is. That's why we added on the Smash Bros tourney with $1,000 in prizes. Kids and teens will come out just for that. While they're there, they'll see the pinball machines and be like...WHOAHHH!!!

Hopefully they'll get into the hobby, maybe get mom and dad to buy in with us and not only keep pinball growing, but thriving for decades and generations to come.

So believe me, when we see that our posters and cards are being seen all around New England and beyond, it's really much and sincerely appreciated. And you all who are spreading the word and the love are DIRECTLY responsible for continuing the survival of the hobby. So again, we love and thank everyone for their help in getting the Pintastic word out there.

Thank You everyone!

#430 9 years ago

63% sold in just over 3 days...WOW! Wish I could get in on this. Couldn't imagine winning a awesome Hobbit or a WOZ for my family.

Thanks to everyone for helping the kids. Good luck!

Edit: 78% Filled!

#432 9 years ago

The Project Pinball Raffle for your choice of a brand new WOZ or Hobbit standard is now 80% sold out! This wont last the weekend. If you want to get in on the first ever JJP & PP raffle, don't wait!

Thanks as always to Dan at PP and of course to Jack from JJP. Their hard work and generosity in doing this for the kids along with each and every one of you out there is truly humbling. I just can't wait to see the smiles on all the kids' faces in the hospital when they play WOZ for the first time. I know I won't be able to hold back the tears.

Thank you every one for your help and support.

#434 9 years ago

The first ever Hobbit or WOZ standard Project Pinball raffle for the kids is almost sold out at 95%!

#436 9 years ago

1 ticket left! 99% sold!

Edit: Sold out! Thank you to everyone who got in on this to help the kids. Good luck to you all.

#438 8 years ago

Just a note of thanks to all those who are getting in on the VIP & Tournament Super Pass packages. We've had an influx of 11 people sign up for them in the last 2 days! Thank you to everyone getting in on these as they are a great value. Not to mention they get you out of line and into the show 1 hour early. Worth the price alone!

For those who haven't seen those packages, here's the link to our General Store Page where you can see all the details on the packages and pre buy your T-shirts. We'll have everything ready for you at the show. http://www.pintasticnewengland.com/general-store-2.html

We are working on putting in an options box so you can choose your size T-shirt as well as input the name you'd like to show on your lanyard. Some people may like to put their Pinside (or other website) handle on there instead of their real name. You'll be able to do that once we have it configured. That should up and running tonight or at worse, tomorrow.

Gabe called the T-shirt manufacturer and T-shirts 2XL an up are an extra $2.25. Bastards! We are going to take off the .25 to keep things at an even 2 dollars for ease of transaction at the show. So if you need a shirt that's 2XL or up, there will be an automatic $2. charge in your PayPal cart or day of the event, myself included (2X).

Thanks again everyone!

#444 8 years ago

Congratulations to Daniel Sade of NM and thank you to everyone who participated in the raffle.

Together, you have made the children the "Real" winners here. They may never know your name, or see your face. But they will know that a great group of kind an caring people got together and made the smiles on their faces a reality. So our truest and sincerest thanks go out to each and every one of you. Thank You.

Thank you also to Jack Guarnieri of Jersey Jack Pinball and to Dan Spolar of Project Pinball for all their hard work and for making this all possible.

#446 8 years ago

A few people have mentioned to us that they have had problems trying to book a room at the hotel online. Their system could be a lot better and easier to understand for sure. If you have ANY problems with their site, just give them a call. They're very nice to deal with over the phone and it will be a lot less aggravating for you.

I'm headed over there today to talk to them about the online booking process. I'll update later on today.

Thanks.

#453 8 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

One last thing and then I'll shut up:
    I finally met both of the organizers of this event, and what a great couple of guys and a credit to this hobby. Everybody should go to Pintastic just to support passionate people like these two.
    Thanks, guys!

Thanks for the kind words brothah. It was awesome finally meeting you. Wish we had more time to hang out. I'll be looking forward to July.

#458 8 years ago

We're honored to have Roger attend and give a seminar. I can't wait to hear him speak about the craziness of the 70's and his vision for pinball in the future. He's a legend if ever there was one.

#460 8 years ago

LOL You're nuts!

#466 8 years ago

Just wanted to link in our new promo video that Eric Bundy just did for us. It came out amazing! Hope you guys like it. If you do, be sure to let him know right here. He worked really hard on this and we can't thank him enough.

Thanks Eric. You're the best brothah!

#470 8 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Wow. Not one damn mention of my kissing booth.

ROFLMBO!!!!!!

Quoted from LTG:

Inflation. If you were $10 a kiss instead of $1, you'd have had top billing.
    Of course for $10, you'd be expected to put some tongue in it.
    LTG : )

What am I gonna do with you two!? LOLOL

#472 8 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Run a kissing booth. I'm a dollar. beelzeboob is ten dollars, but well worth it.

Now that's what I call...Dirty Cash.

#483 8 years ago
    Quoted from Classic_Stern:

Friday and Saturday night are the times when pinball shows are the best. Closing at 8pm on a Saturday seems early. Especially Saturday night both both show go'ers, guests and collector's....uhhmmm....
    This is the adult beverage time along with pinball playing..

You need to also remember that the vendors have been on their feet non stop for 2 whole days. They're exhausted and need to get packed up as well. Then we want them to sit back, relax, enjoy some great music and have some time to just talk and hang out with everyone for themselves.

The adult beverages will be flowing as well!

#484 8 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

PINTASTIC NEW ENGLAND VENDOR....SPEAKER ANNOUNCEMENT!
    For the first time ever seen or played on the East coast P3 is coming to Pintastic!!
    Pintastic New England is proud to announce that Multimorphic, Inc will be attending our 2015 show with their incredible new machine. In addition to being able to get hands on with the P3, you will also have an opportunity to hear a seminar by CEO Gerry Stellenberg himself.
    Check out this awesome new video to hear what the P3 is all about! The show keeps getting better! https://www.youtube.com/watch…

A huge thank you and shout out to Gerry and team MultiMorphic for their support of New England. Their machine combines the best of both the video and pinball world's! How can you beat that!?

I'm really looking forward to playing this at the show. Thanks again Gary and the entire P3 team!

#488 8 years ago

Really looking forward to meeting these two industry legends and all around great guys!

#493 8 years ago

We asked the hotel to shut down their online booking service. It's been a pain to say the least.

Here is a direct link to our accommodations page for all the hotel details. http://www.pintasticnewengland.com/accommodations.html

If you'd like to book a room, simply give them a call at 508-347-7393. Ask for Kathryn or Peter first. Tell them that you're coming in for the Pintastic New England Pinball event. They'll give you the $99 discounted room rate for whatever room you want for as long as you want. Up to 10 days for people who'd like to vacation and see the historical sights of Boston or check out the Sox at Fenway. They're only an hour away from the hotel.

New England's largest mall (The Collection of Natick) is only 35-40 minutes from the hotel just outside of Boston. Amazing stores, restaurants and shopping both at the mall and the surrounding area. It's a shoppers haven for you shoppers out there. http://www.natickmall.com/

Headed in the opposite direction of the hotel, you can go to the Yankee Candle Factory and check out their amazing home base location. This is where Yankee Candle was started. It's a lot of fun with great stuff for kids. We go at least once every year to see the Bavarian Christmas village where they make it snow inside. So cool! That's on 45 minutes from the hotel in beautiful Deerfield, MA.
    http://www.yankeecandle.com/about-us/visit-our-village-stores/south-deerfield-events

OR, for the thrill seekers out there, Six Flags over New England is only 45 minutes away from the hotel as well and 20 minutes from Yankee candle. Simply AWESOME! https://www.sixflags.com/newengland

Last but not least is Old Sturbridge Village. This is a destination unto itself and is directly across from the hotel. You can walk right across the street and see how America looked and functioned in it's earliest beginnings. All the workers dress up in the clothes of the time and work in their shops for you just like they did back in the 16 and 1700's. They have animals, a cobbler shop, blacksmith shop, horse carriage ride, beautiful boat ride, an amazing saw mill, which is powered solely by the river current. That's my personal favorite. You can talk to the workers and they answer all your questions. It's a blast from the past! They also have gift shops and a restaurant and all kinds of stuff as you walk around the beautiful scenic acreage of the Old Sturbridge Village property. You can check them out here... https://www.osv.org/

We're working on trying to get a Pintastic discount coupon from the OSV for everyone. If you're interested, PM me and let me know.

For all those who have asked, those are just a few of the fun things a couple or family can do to spend their vacation or just a couple extra days in the Sturbridge area.

Thanks everyone.

#499 8 years ago
    Quoted from Kineticross:

GUYS.
    I am attending Pintastic 2015 for this Saturday only. I may be entering the Pingolf tournament but I'm mostly heading to try out so many new machines and to meet LTG and Dennis Nordman in person.

Glad your coming. It's great to see this kind of enthusiasm for pinball from your generation my friend. It's up to you to carry it on to the next!

Here's a link to our speaker page. Click on it and you can check out the one and only never replicated or duplicated Lloyd Olson there... http://www.pintasticnewengland.com/speakers.html

More speakers are in and they will be announced soon, so stay tuned!

#508 8 years ago

Invisiglass special bump!

TY Jack for doing this. This is a Great deal!

#513 8 years ago

I just want to mention again that we will be having a live band on Saturday night. One of the biggest let downs is the end of a show. We wanted to keep the party going and the fun flowing right through the night.

The band will be playing from around 7pm till 11:30pm. Drinks and food will be available as well. That way we can all sit and relax and joke and laugh about the show and just have a great time together.

I only mention this again because people have called the hotel back to book an extra room night because of this instead of leaving on Saturday. Unfortunately, there aren't many rooms left for Saturday night due to other events taking place at the facility the next day. So if you'd rather stay and hang out, get a good night sleep and leave in the morning nice and refreshed, book your room for Saturday ASAP. There's only about 40 rooms left in the hotel Sat night so get them while you still can.

#517 8 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

Guys just wanted to update you on the color DMD deal for Pintastic. It's super easy. Buy a color Dmd for your game. Make sure you mention you want the pintastic New England free play deal. When you get your color Dmd Randy will also send you a card that you will display on your game at pintastic. Put your game into the free play area, take a picture of it in free play with the color Dmd sighn on it. Email the picture to Randy at color Dmd and he will credit you back $50.
    It's that easy. So with that plus the invisaglass and the free entry we are paying you $145 per game put into free play. Who else does that?
    On top of all that you get entered into the free play raffle were you could win $100 cash and or prizes! It's a win win for everyone!

On top of all that, you are also allowed into the exclusive after party. Gabe and I are supplying the food. So we'll even buy you dinner on Friday night! That's another $15 - $20. = )

Thanks to everyone who has registered already.

For those who haven't yet, What are you waiting for!?

Counting today, you only have 3 days left for the 2 ticket per machine bonus pre registration offer. 2 tickets into the Free Play Thank You raffle per machine you register! Win the top prize and that's $100 cash! Plus you can win multiple times, so who knows how much you could win!?

#530 8 years ago

Just to let everyone know...The Pintastic Project Pinball Raffle #2 is 95% sold out!

Only 10 more tickets left for a chance to win your choice of a brand NIB Standard WOZ or Hobbit!

Thank you to everyone who has purchased sweepstakes tickets for these raffles. The kids are the real winners here. And nothing can beat the feeling you feel inside knowing that giving so little can go such a long way in making a child's day a little bit more joyful.

Thank you again everyone for being part of these raffles. = )

#535 8 years ago
    Quoted from zaphod:

As a Pintastic minion from Maine, I would like to thank UNO's in Bangor for allowing me to place one of the soon to be a collectors piece of fine art inside their entry way for all to read, ponder and be amazed.
    My goal is to get at least one pinhead to come out of the great woods and attend.

LOL Thanks Zaphod and thank you to everyone who has helped out Pintastic by spreading the word through the posters and postcards. This events success is the direct result of all of your excitement and enthusiasm. Every one of you who tells a family member, friend, neighbor or coworker is helping to spread the word.

So believe me, we sincerely appreciate you all and send our thanks out to each and every one of you. Thank you for helping us to make Pintastic one of the countries premier pinball event destinations.

#536 8 years ago

Raffle number 2 has been sold out. The winner of the 2nd WOZ or Hobbit machine will be drawn live at Pintastic.

Dan is working hard on getting a 3rd hospital on board to start another raffle.

This is so awesome for all the kids and we can't thank you all enough for your support in this.

Those of you who have bought tickets may never get to see the smiles on the children's faces as they (literally) fight for their very lives. For some of these beautiful children, they don't know if today will be their last. Has me in tears just to write this. So I hope that each of you truly feel and realize in your hearts that this goes way beyond a raffle. This is life. The joy that these kids will experience through our beloved hobby is the direct result of each and every one of you who help the charity or have purchased a sweepstakes ticket.

I know that if these beautiful kids and their families could hug, kiss and thank each and every one of you who have been in any of the project pinball raffles across the country, they would. So I want to try and do it for them by extending my sincerest and most appreciative thank yous to all of you. To each and every single person working and helping out with the charity and to those purchasing sweepstakes tickets...For your kindness, generosity and unwavering support (as many of you get involved in almost every raffle), THANK YOU! Thank you each and every one of you.

#539 8 years ago

Check out our updated speaker page which now includes John Greatwitch of Great Pinball Limited and Gerry Stellenberg of Multimorhic (P-3) Pinball.

http://www.pintasticnewengland.com/speakers.html

#545 8 years ago

That back flip into the snow is INSANE! These kids are nuts now-a-days! Thank God he didn't break his neck.

Anyway, the VIP and TSP (Tournament Super Pass) tickets end tomorrow night. Get in while you still can!

#546 8 years ago

We are asking all our pin family and friends to help us promote the show by clicking on this direct link to the Pintastic Boston Globe Colander write up.
    http://www.bostonglobe.com/magazine/2015/06/04/ideas-for-road-trips-around-new-england/eVvcyiaqpEbzeMPHNvg1FL/igraphic.html?p1=Article_Graphic

Can you please go to the ad and retweet it and add it to your FaceBook and social media pages by clicking on the social media share link bar at the top of that page? This will go a long way towards helping promote the show as well as show the Boston Globe that the pinball resurgence in New England is real and happening now!

This is important and goes a long way towards helping the show and hobby out a lot, so let's all spread the word.

Thank you everyone for your help and cooperation in this and have a great day.

#550 8 years ago

Pintastic is officially 1 month away! WOW!!! It is coming fast!

Anyway, I would just like to reiterate what Gabe said above. We have a bunch of our great pin family and friends who have been gracious enough to offer your time and be a Pintastic volunteer. We simply can not express to you enough how thankful and grateful we are to all of you. Nothing shows a persons support for something as much as when they donate of themselves to help the cause. We recognize this and truly thank each and everyone of you.

But please help us out by officially registering with us through the website, that way we can have all everyone's thank you package set to hand out to you guys at the show. From name badges to shirt sizes, we need all your info before hand to have a smooth running and less stressful show.

We also want to have a meet up at the event location to get as many of you acclimated to the site layout and write down schedules so we have times and jobs at the show covered. We'll bump this thread with that information as soon as we can. We're thinking the last Saturday of this month would be best, but we'll see. We'll also have pizza and soda/water for everyone who is able to make it out.

So again, please head over to the Volunteer Registration Page and register as soon as you're able.

Thanks all!

#552 8 years ago
    Quoted from zaphod:

In exactly one month I will finally lose my 'pinball show virginity'. Does Polar Beverages make a 'cherry pop'?
    I have waited so long for this day.
    Finding the right one (ok - the closest) to be my first {I hear you never forget your first!},
    picking out just the right stained t-shirt to wear (should it be sort of white?),
    stocking up on my favorite french cologne ( Eau de Saco River ) so I can play without stopping for trivial stuff like hygiene!
    Doing curls with BOTH arms to be in better shape for lifting those 22oz foamy beverages at the Friday night shindig,
    and deciding which pair of steel toed boots are best for dancing with the band Saturday eve.
    With all the great going-ons, I would like to add one more fantastic Pintastic incentive for pinheads from Maine. I would like to buy ONE adult beverage for the pinner that attends from the farthest reaches of the Pinetree State and one for the Mainer that brings a machine the farthest. Adults only, minors may substitute a tasty Polar beverage (vendor plug!). So look me up, I be volunteering and attending each day. I be the older, greying, heavyset guy so I should stand out and be easy to ID.
    So as I said 8 months ago and have been jacked ever since: http://www.youtube.com/embed/6BNjHVl90Us?autoplay=1&rel=0
    Tom

Tom, you always crack me up! LOLOL You should write a book or something. Ha!

We're so excited that your coming and volunteering your time with us. That said, we also realize that many volunteers will be coming from great distances to attend Pintastic and it's just impossible for them to make it out for an event meet up before the show. So as our volunteers arrive, be it Thursday, Friday, w/e, we will walk you through the event facility and get you acquainted with it as well as get you time slotted into a position/job that you would prefer to do.

Thanks again Tom. It's really great that you're finally breaking your pin-show virginity. And the fact that you're going to volunteer to boot says a lot about you my friend. So thank you so very much for the help and support. We love all of you for helping us out. Simply can't do it without our great pinball family. So thank you one and all.

Edit: I'm a 2x-er!

#581 8 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Just popping in, that I made my flight reservations, and excited to join in, and meet lots of you in person!
    ...an honest to God vacation!...and Pintastic!
    Look for me at the Bar....or on the floor at the Bar...I am stoked to be coming!

Too Funny Art!!!

Thank you for all your support of the show. Comet has donated a great stash of LEDs for prizes and raffles at Pintastic. Make sure you support them New England because he is supporting us.

Can't wait to finally meet and shake hands with the legend!

#586 8 years ago
    Quoted from zaphod:

I may be able to assist anyone from Maine and points south transport a game to or from Pintastic.

That's super nice of you Tom. Thanks for that. I know a lot of people do stuff like this for shows around the country, esp. Allentown.

I hope a lot more pin family can hook up and help eachother out, split the gas costs, car pool it or even share a hotel room. Great way to have fun along the way and get to know someone better. Maybe even make a new best friend.

That's how Gabe and I became best friends. We drove together for the first time to Allentown last year. Split the costs of everything. It was that drive that Pintastic was talked about between us for the first time. And even though I told him...SCREW THAT! YOU'RE NUTS! I AIN'T DOING ALL THAT WORK! It was on our way home from Jack Guarnieri's open house party in August that we decided to do the show together.

At that event, we talked to Ivan from Allentown Pinfest and drilled him with questions for over an hour. (Love you Ivan brothah! Thanks for all your help and advice. There never would've been a PNE without you my friend!) On the ride home from that event, we decide to jump in and do Pintastic. That's when Pintastic New England was born!

So you never know what could come from a car pool trek out to a pin show.

#589 8 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

As you know, guys (and as I told Derek on the phone), I would love to help you out as a volunteer. But I'm already pushing it with my wife who has joined me in Allentown, will be there at PNE, and at ReplayFX. If I had pushed this show to even a two night stay, it would have created some frowny faces around my house. While I'm there, I'm happy to help, though!

No way bro. We're happy you and your wife are coming. Do not want you volunteering. You enjoy the show with your wife, otherwise you may really step in some serious s&@t!

Make sure you tell her, the hotel is on a lake and has it's own beautiful sandy beach. If she gets bored, she can go lay out in the sun and swim and relax. That's what we are hoping for. That wives will come with their husbands and lay out on the beach and relax if they get bored. We want FAMILIES at Pintastic. Pintastic will be the countries premiere Family pinball show. That's our goal.

#590 8 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Oh...one question: Will you guys have lanyards or just wristbands for this show? I was going to print out my Pinside badge if you have lanyards, but I'm not wearing that if it's wristbands like Allentown. I don't need any help looking like a douchebag.

Everyone will be wearing a wristband. Wristbands prevent people from sneaking into the show because they're highly visible. You don't see a person's wrist band. You know they snuck in.

Lanyards are limited to our Event Staff, Vendors, Sponsors, Speakers, VIP and TSP (Tournament Super Pass) people. But if you wanted to print up your Pinside badge and put it in your own lanyard, that's cool. I would love to see everyone wearing some sort of name tag that shows everyone your Pinside handle. I did at Allentown.

#595 8 years ago
    Quoted from mbott1701:

I applaud your efforts with this. It's is how I was able to promote the trip up to my wife as a family affair.
    Looking forward to it!

I'm excited to hear this. This is spot on and thank you to you and your family.

I'm now trying to add a few kids carnival rides...ALL FREE with your admission!

Stay tuned!

#612 8 years ago

Hey Everyone,

I was at the hotel today. You guys blew it up in the last 2 weeks. We are down to only 23 rooms left on Friday and only 12 left on Saturday. Plenty of rooms are still available for Thursday.

If you want to stay at the event and be able to park, stay and play all weekend, you need to book your rooms immediately! I especially want those of you who want or are thinking of staying on Saturday night to grab those final rooms before someone who's coming to the weddings they are having Sunday take them. We want Pintastic guests in there so we can all stay up late and listen to the band play.

So if you want in, don't wait till the last minute. You will get shut out and have to go to one of the other area hotel rooms. There are plenty of other hotels in the area, but none as cheap as ours. As far as I know at least.

So get in while you still can and we'll see you at Pintastic!

#616 8 years ago

The fact that Andrew Heighway is coming to Pintastic says a LOT about his commitment to his company, to pinball and to New England area.

This will be the first time that a full production model Full Throttle Pin will be on display in America! The Heighway team worked exceptionally hard to get this game completed to unveil at the show. This has been in the works for over 5 months!

This is a very expensive trip for team Heighway. Please be sure to thank Andrew for his support in coming to Pintastic.

Thank you Andrew and thank you to the entire Heighway Pinball team.

#618 8 years ago
    Quoted from greatwichjohn:

I'll be there to set up & help out during the show. Get to play & get a first hand look up close of the games. Hopefully meet the people in person that are interested in the Heighway Pinball North American Proto Type Build Team.

John Greatwich has really stepped it up for Pintastic. He is bringing one of his beautiful play fields and multiple back glasses all to be used in our charity and exclusive Friday after party raffles.

We can't thank John enough for his generosity as well as representing our Canadian vendors north of the border. I'm sure many of our Canadian pin family will be making the pilgrimage down to New England for Pintastic as well.

Thank you John and to all of Canadian brothers. We look forward to meeting you all next month.

#620 8 years ago
    Quoted from Jared:

Wow! All the way in England!

From "Old" England to "NEW" England!

#640 8 years ago

We're off to a great start with this pinball list guys. Lets keep the momentum going. Please keep registering your machines with us so we can continually update you on what will most likely be at the show.

We know there's a lot of people who have machines they want to sell. If nothing else, Pintastic gives you the opportunity to have your machine sell since they'll be tons of people there interested in Buying machines. We've had a lot of people that we've promoted the show to ask us if any of the machines will actually be for sale. People are looking for games for their homes. So clean them up, get them playing well and bring them to the show!

Thanks guys!

#655 8 years ago

Awesome job Eric. Thanks for your time and hard work my friend. Love you for this brothah! Thank you!!!

#656 8 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

My plane lands at 1:45, 1 1/2 hours to hotel ?
    Me and the mugs will be roaming around a little later. See you there !

Lloyd will be cheese pumping his way all around the show Thursday night! I'll bring the corn chips!

1 week later
    #703 8 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Awesome
    Out of curiosity, are they just offering standard playfield glass, or will they also have widebody and glass for translites?

I'm pretty sure it's just going to be standard glass size only.

#704 8 years ago
    Quoted from HoneyBadger:

Ok first off, hats off to you 2 guys for getting this thing started. Secondly good on everyone who is helping them make this a possibility. You can count on me being there and bringing a pin for free play. I am really looking forward to the tourney as I hear the sanctum guys know what they are doing. Can't wait and will try my best to get more Canadian support!

That's a great help. Thanks brothah!

#705 8 years ago
    Quoted from eabundy:

Whats going on with it? If you need a hand let me know. I can probably squeeze it in over my place and help you fix it and get it ready for the show. "will work for beer"

Eric, you're all world AWESOME! What a great pin family of friends in this hobby. Truly unlike any other. Thank you.

#708 8 years ago
    Quoted from HoneyBadger:

Maybe try and secure a group rate at another hotel now for us?

Group rate secured. Hotel is five minutes down the street. This is an old and quaint place. It's on the national historical register. Many great Americans have slept within its walls

The Publick house in Sturbridge, MA. I've talked them into matching the event's rate which is $99 a night! So get in while you can.

Here is a site link... http://www.publickhouse.com/ Just call and tell them you are coming in for the Pintastic show.

Friday is the day that is sold out at the event. There are plenty of rooms on Thursday, but only about 10 rooms left on Saturday.

Remember, the Friday after party is going to be a ton of fun. If you stay at the hotel on ANY night, you are allowed to come to the after party. So if you wanted to stay Saturday night and hang out with everyone and jam with the live band, you can do that. If you stay that Saturday, or the Thursday, you get to come to the after party. You did NOT have to be in there on Friday night in order to come to the after party.

Thanks.

#715 8 years ago
    Quoted from Pinterest:

+1 for Revenge From Mars - my wife likes it and wants me to pick one up - but have never played one.

I have a pretty minty one I am bringing and it will be for sale at the show in the free play area. Make sure you check it out. It's been all restored.

#716 8 years ago
    Quoted from purplemunkydishw:

Bummer, this is one thing I was hoping to find.

Unfortunately, the demand for the wide body glass just isn't there. If you order 50 pieces, the glass seller would have to charge like $50 bucks for it.

Shredso started a glass for sale thread. Search for it under Pintastic. Find him and ask him if he can get some wide body for you. GL

#719 8 years ago

Gabe is always great about handling that. He fields a multiple emails a day. We're inundated with so much stuff. If he missed you, we apologize. He'll get to you or you can ask me in a PM.

Thanks. = )

#726 8 years ago

This is really exciting. Big Bang Bar is one of those extremely rare games that everyone want to see and play. We all know what they sell for, so what are the chances of finding someone nice enough to bring their BBB out to a show? Slim to none for sure.

Well, I met John Bateman at our local bowling alley. Asked if I could put up a poster and display some cards for people to take. John says to me in an excited voice...YOUR THE GUY DOING THAT SHOW!?

Log story short, John says, I was going to be contacting you. I am definitely going and I want to bring my BBB and set it up for charity. I almost fell over from my excitement. Almost pulled a Fred Sanford and started clutching my heart crying, Oh Elizabeth, I coming to join ya honey...with a Big Bang Bar in my hands! LOL

John is such a great guy to do this. And I'd like to say that, he is also the owner of the Spring Lake Arcade in Glendale Rhode Island. For those who don't know, The Spring Lake Arcade is Americas oldest penny arcade. Yup, right down there in little old RI. is the oldest penny arcade in the country. Who'da thunk that!? LOL

Here is a link to their website. http://www.springlakearcade.com/

So if you guys have always wanted the chance to play a beautiful BBB, your opportunity is only two weeks away at Pintastic! The machine will be set on $2 play with 100% of the money taken in going to a charity yet to be named. But every cent that is put into that machine will go towards helping families in need. So not only will you get to have the awesome experience of playing a BBB, but you'll also have the great feeling inside knowing that you help those who need it the most.

Our sincerest thanks again to John Bateman for doing this. John, it's pin brothers like you who are true assets and inspirations to the pin community. Thank you for all you do and are doing to make Pintastic an over the top amazing event!

#728 8 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

A treat for me! BBB is one of the few games left I havent played.
    2 thumbs up for bringing and for the charity!

Glad to hear Art. = )

John Bateman is such a great guy for doing this. Can't thank him enough. He's even working on another super rare game that he is trying to bring to the show, It's a Spanish made machine from 1989. It sat in the Williams warehouse for years untouched. We'll announce it if he can get it all ready for prime time.

#729 8 years ago

A few more games have been registered. Thank you guys and keep them coming.

Only 2 weeks left!

BBB Bump!

#730 8 years ago

Just wanted to give everyone the heads up. The Restoration Throwdown Contest registration is supposed to end on June 27th. We are going to extend it out till July 7th due to the fact that a few people have expressed concern over not being able to finish off their restore. So we are extending it out till July 7th to help accommodate everyone and get you registered.

http://www.pintasticnewengland.com/restoration-contest.html

Thanks all.

1 week later
    #817 8 years ago

I haven't had time to even breathe let alone be on here. but you guys are totally cracking me up. I needed that to be honest. So thanks to all of you guys. Love you all!

#820 8 years ago

Reading back over the last few pages, I see that there were some very nice words of thanks that several of you have expressed and shared. I truly and sincerely appreciate you guys so very much. Thank you for the kind words.

By the same token, I'd like to thank each and every one of YOU!

Pintastic is spearheaded by Gabe and I, but no matter how hard the two of us work, or try, or how much money we put into the show, it is impossible for it to be successful without the help of hundreds of equally passionate individuals who are as insanely in love with pinball as we are. That's why we always refer to the show as Pintastic, or the People's Show. We never say...our show, cause it's not. It's YOUR show. Your help and support are directly responsible for making Pintastic a reality.

So to our great staff and volunteers, everyone who helped to promote the event by handing out cards or hanging posters and telling family and friends, every person bringing a machine to the show, every partner, every vendor, every one of you who are staying at the hotel...every single one of you, we just want to say Thank You to you.

One more week! Keep supporting Pintastic with your games everyone, We really need more. Let's pump it up! = )

Thanks everyone!

#821 8 years ago

Derek your not getting out of the party early like you did at Allentown and missed the real fun. I smell a Johnny walker night!

LOLOL Jim, by the time the night hits...I think imam need you and james to carry me up to my room from shear exhaustion. Forget about partying and trying to keep up with you young bucks! LOL

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pinfidel.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/you-asked-for-it-you-got-itpinballs-over-new-england?tu=Pinfidel and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.