(Topic ID: 100254)

Pintastic New England 2015! Thank You Everyone!!!

By Pinfidel

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 1,302 posts
  • 125 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by beelzeboob
  • Topic is favorited by 35 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“So, who's pumped and in?”

• It's about time and I'll be there. 60 votes
      63%
    • This is great and I hope I can make it. 35 votes
      37%

(95 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

There have been 172 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_11621.jpg
    tumblr_mmhiwc7hse1s0o92ao1_250.gif
    Panoramic_View_of_Free_Playjpg_1.jpg
    IMG_1043_1.jpg
    IMG_1009_1.jpg
    IMG_1006_1.jpg
    IMG_0995_2.jpg
    IMG_0995_2.jpg
    01eff6d9216547746ffe57f56b1751df0c9628bb56.jpg
    0182fe85774db01fb93c0b913aa01e96bf7f22b442.jpg
    0170f3b0bdd6b715cdf1a1d0c27fa48fdf56a138d0_1.jpg
    0125b77e306f31644c26a84ff174744c26ec69f481.jpg
    01ef2b887c1a5b41de88808d53443678eb68964681.jpg
    image.jpg
    019d4c585869555c24d614f2cb6f492ebeca5cb235.jpg
    019c21321729a7cafa42eeefa036176ac6af10439a.jpg

There are 1302 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 27.
    #201 4 years ago

I think it is a great idea to film the show just like York does.

its cool to look back on, and it also helps to know that the "the eye in the sky is watching us all"

#202 4 years ago
    Quoted from islandpinball:

I think it is a great idea to film the show just like York does.
    its cool to look back on, and it also helps to know that the "the eye in the sky is watching us all"
    ยป YouTube video

Sci-Fi Journal of RI will have video coverage of the whole event. Their camera crew will be set up to film all happenings PINTASTIC......including all the speakers and show coverage. They will be airing monthly segments about the show as well as uploading things to you tube.

#203 4 years ago

I hope Todd from TNT will make the trip and do some videos. I have a blast watching them and hearing his point of view.

#204 4 years ago
    Quoted from eabundy:

I hope Todd from TNT will make the trip and do some videos. I have a blast watching them and hearing his point of view.

I have been talking with him. He has shown intrest in coming. We will see as we get closer.

#205 4 years ago

Good morning everyone. I'd just like to shoot out a great new vendor update to you all.

The PinGraffix crew is in!!!

I'm so happy to have these guys on board for Pintastic. If you look back to the start of this thread, you'll see that Joe (JoeRaptor2003) was the first person/vendor to commit and say that he was in and would be at the show. So we give Joe and the boys a super sincere thank you for supporting New England at Pintastic 2015.

Anyone that has seen and talked with these guys knows just how awesome they are. They're always quick with one liners and jokes when you talk with them. They're always smiling, keeping it real and are easy to talk to and deal with and you gotta love that.

I had a blast hanging out with them for awhile at Allentown this past May. That was the first time I had met them and I had a ball playing the Mustang and incredibly pimped out STLE they had there. Seeing them again at York and seeing some of the great new products they came out with was awesome. The side blade and apron graphics they come out with are simply AMAZING! These guys are driven to bringing awesome graphic mods to the marketplace. Their combo mirrored, graphic side blades really set machines over the top, while their STLE and IM mirrored combo side blades are just straight up off the HOOK!

I have a set of their South Park graphic blades I bought at Allentown and they add so much to the look and detail of the game. I was going to buy another set for my TFLE-C in York, but they told me to wait because they are trying to come out with a set of decals on the mirrored side blades like the ones for STLE and IM. I hope they can work their magic and pull those off because they would just really send an already beautiful machine right over the top! If they are available at Allentown, I'll be buying a set.

With all that said, I'd just like to again say thank you to Joe, Jim, Jose, Lew and the whole PinGraffix gang for agreeing to be an awesome part of Pintastic New England in 2015.

Make sure you guys check out their awesome gear at PinGraffix.com. Like I always say and will continue to say, there is NO show in New England without all our awesome vendors and partners. So please, show them your thanks by making sure you support them first and foremost.

#206 4 years ago

Amazing job getting so many vendors signed up.

Here is a cool idea to show the vendors how much New England support we have..

Have them give you / us a pintastic discount code for checkout. This way they will know how many people have heard about the show, and plan on attending

#207 4 years ago

Nice idea Eric. Some of these guys have prices so low, they may not be able to even offer a discount. I'm sure some will if they see this though.

I know in our talks with vendors, they've ALL said that the New England/NY area has always been good to them and they all have wanted to show their support for us and have all said they're excited to be part of Pintastic.

Believe it or not, we only have about 10-15 vendor spots left at the show. So if you're a vendor and you want in, please log onto our website at PintasticNewEngland.com, click on the vendor registration link at the top of the page and book your spots. We don't want anyone to get left out.

There are also upgraded vendor spots at the event. Those are priced accordingly so please be sure to let us know what upgraded spot you'd like to choose in the comments section at checkout. Our preferred method of payment is by check, but we also accept Paypal.

Thanks Eric for that great idea and thanks again to everyone out there for making Pintastic a reality.

#208 4 years ago
    Quoted from eabundy:

Amazing job getting so many vendors signed up.
    Here is a cool idea to show the vendors how much New England support we have..
    Have them give you / us a pintastic discount code for checkout. This way they will know how many people have heard about the show, and plan on attending

Eric many more announcements to come! Very exciting!

#209 4 years ago

Thanks for the kind words - PinGraffix will be there with some Kick ASS pimped machines and products. There will be plenty of laughs and good times had.. We are excited to be a part of this.. Thank you all for your support

Jim

#210 4 years ago

How about at the very least, we can just type PINTASTIC under the checkout message area, and maybe the vendors will send it out a bit quicker, or add some extra jelly beans

#211 4 years ago
    Quoted from eabundy:

How about at the very least, we can just type PINTASTIC under the checkout message area, and maybe the vendors will send it out a bit quicker, or add some extra jelly beans

How about just a high 5 when you see them at the show!

#212 4 years ago
    Quoted from PunishersLEMC:

Thanks for the kind words - PinGraffix will be there with some Kick ASS pimped machines and products. There will be plenty of laughs and good times had.. We are excited to be a part of this.. Thank you all for your support
    Jim

You guys are awesome Jim and we're super excited to have you. Can't wait to see the pimped out machines you guys will have at the show. I'm still thinking about that IM at York. I want that!

Quoted from eabundy:

You're a riot Eric! I'm in for extra jelly beans. LOL

#213 4 years ago

This show is going to rock!

#214 4 years ago
    Quoted from Pinfidel:

You guys are awesome Jim and we're super excited to have you. Can't wait to see the pimped out machines you guys will have at the show. I'm still thinking about that IM at York. I want that!

You're a riot Eric! I'm in for extra jelly beans. LOL

you know it's all about the Jelly Beans

#215 4 years ago
    Quoted from eabundy:

Meant to comment on this earlier...Todd is awesome. I love his vids as well. Funny, informative and entertaining for sure. He's a real throwback and asset to the hobby. I'll talk to Todd face to face in Allentown and (hopefully) get him to commit to come with Frankie and video everything. Todd's great like that and I'm sure it won't take too much prodding.

#216 4 years ago
    Quoted from Pinfidel:

Meant to comment on this earlier...Todd is awesome. I love his vids as well. Funny, informative and entertaining for sure. He's a real throwback and asset to the hobby. I'll talk to Todd face to face in Allentown and (hopefully) get him to commit to come with Frankie and video everything. Todd's great like that and I'm sure it won't take too much prodding.

No way he can say no to you face to face brother! Plus we want him to do some sort of funny pinball seminar at the show. Do you think the hotel will let us toss a pinball machine off the roof?

#217 4 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

Do you think the hotel will let us toss a pinball machine off the roof?

LOLOLOLOL!!!!!!! Nice one! I hope he comes in here and see that.

#218 4 years ago

So to recap
    There will be prizes for best restored machine
    kicking tournament (thank you to the Sanctum folks)
    Tons of awesome vendors and sponsors

I'm thinking maybe a prize should be set aside for most unique or RARE machine. For example I've never gotten a chance to play BBB, or Pinball Circus... This could reward someone for bringing out their prized possession.

#219 4 years ago

I have a BBB, and there are two reasons why I would be concerned with bringing it to a show: 1) lack of physical security after hours, and 2) potential for abuse/misuse. I'd like to enjoy the show and not feel it's necessary to bring a sleeping bag and camp out under the game to be sure it doesn't develop wheels and disappear. I host occasional pinball events at my home, and have experienced first-hand the *small* number of inconsiderate boobs who punch, slap, kick, slide, etc., other people's games; I suspect there's just as much potential for this at a show where the "audience" is more open.

Consider how you could address those concerns and perhaps you may improve the chance of getting rarities at the show.

BTW, if you want to drive up to Nashua you're welcome to play my BBB, or keep an eye on the Boston Pinball Association group as I may have another open house before the end of the year.

#220 4 years ago
    Quoted from jadziedzic:

I have a BBB, and there are two reasons why I would be concerned with bringing it to a show: 1) lack of physical security after hours, and 2) potential for abuse/misuse. I'd like to enjoy the show and not feel it's necessary to bring a sleeping bag and camp out under the game to be sure it doesn't develop wheels and disappear. I host occasional pinball events at my home, and have experienced first-hand the *small* number of inconsiderate boobs who punch, slap, kick, slide, etc., other people's games; I suspect there's just as much potential for this at a show where the "audience" is more open.
    Consider how you could address those concerns and perhaps you may improve the chance of getting rarities at the show.
    BTW, if you want to drive up to Nashua you're welcome to play my BBB, or keep an eye on the Boston Pinball Association group as I may have another open house before the end of the year.

I haven't read the thread but I'm pretty sure the location required them to pay for a security guard day and night during the entire event. I know the place I looked at required it.. And a emt during show hours. Was like $33hr for security guard... The funny part it was $36hr for one with a gun... Seriously only $3 for a gun lol

#221 4 years ago
    Quoted from jadziedzic:

There is Zero chance of someone walking out of the show during regular hours with your BBB. There will be someone checking machines in and out. That machine being as popular and rare as it is won't move without someone taking notice. After show hours, the hall will be locked up and building is secure. The vendors there do not take there stuff home with them every night, or worry. I'm sure their inventory is worth more than BBB, and some of them bring Proto one off games that could not be reproduced or replaced.

#222 4 years ago
    Quoted from eabundy:

There is Zero chance of someone walking out of the show during regular hours with your BBB. There will be someone checking machines in and out. That machine being as popular and rare as it is won't move without someone taking notice. After show hours, the hall will be locked up and building is secure. The vendors there do not take there stuff home with them every night, or worry. I'm sure their inventory is worth more than BBB, and some of them bring Proto one off games that could not be reproduced or replaced.

We will have 24 hr security guard for the event. After the show closed for the day all doors will be locked and there will be only one way in or out. That way is through the front door that goes by the front desk. We will also have volunteers that will be walking around the show with pintastic STAFF shirts. They will be watching to make sure that.....people are not anbusing games....game have credits on them....volume is not set to high or low.....games are not being removed early.....games are functioning properly.

#223 4 years ago

All that is helpful and reassuring - but there's still an underlying concern about damage or theft that is specifically mentioned (and excluded) in post 116 of this thread. Let's dismiss the theft concern since it does seem you've tried to address that and puzzle out the damage aspect. Do you have plans for a separate area for "show" games (restoration contest entries, rare games, etc.) where there is less chance of damage due to games being moved around, provides more supervision, etc.?

Just to throw out an example, if someone accidentally wheels a game into the side of my BBB and damages the artwork my $15k game has taken a serious hit in value. I'd be less concerned if something similar happened to my RFM, which while very nice would not be anywhere near as hard to address that type of damage.

#224 4 years ago

Sounds like you guys are trying to cover every aspect. If we want Pintastic to be successful and held every year in our own backyard everyone that attends should consider themselves an "honorary staff member" and stay vigilant for any shenanigans. (Did I really use the word shenanigans!?)

#225 4 years ago
    Quoted from jadziedzic:

All that is helpful and reassuring - but there's still an underlying concern about damage or theft that is specifically mentioned (and excluded) in post 116 of this thread. Let's dismiss the theft concern since it does seem you've tried to address that and puzzle out the damage aspect. Do you have plans for a separate area for "show" games (restoration contest entries, rare games, etc.) where there is less chance of damage due to games being moved around, provides more supervision, etc.?
    Just to throw out an example, if someone accidentally wheels a game into the side of my BBB and damages the artwork my $15k game has taken a serious hit in value. I'd be less concerned if something similar happened to my RFM, which while very nice would not be anywhere near as hard to address that type of damage.

There was a bbb sitting in the hallway of Chicago expo. It was set with a dollar bill acceptor at a buck a play. No one guarding it 24/7. Walking by it at times there was guys leaning on the side and front of it while their friends were playing the plexiglass game beside it. I almost took a picture cause I was laughing that they had no clue what they were using as a bench. With that said nothing will make u feel good about having your bbb at the show. Simple solution don't bring it! If the show owners haven't put in stipulation that they are not responsible for damage to your game they should. They should only be responsible for protection of property theft during off show hrs, which they will have covered I'm sure.

#226 4 years ago
    Quoted from Daniml:

(Did I really use the word shenanigans!?)

Time for the way back machine:

#227 4 years ago

Miss a few days, miss a lot!

Okay, let me address some concerns. First off, if you bring a machine to the show, we simply cannot guarantee it's safety from being dinged or scratched any more than I could guarantee that my high end sports car won't get dinged up in the parking lot. Trust me, I could buy 7 BBB's for it's cost.

Now believe me, I would HATE to see your BBB, rare, or high end restored pin get damaged in any way shape or form. I'd equally hate it if your $300 dollar EM got dinged or scratched. I don't want to see anyone's machine be damaged, believe me. But let's be honest, no matter how many security guards or staff members you have on hand, it's impossible to watch every machine all of the time. What's worse is, we can't control other people's ignorance, rudeness, disrespect, or actions and thus can't be responsible for them. However, not only will we have our staff being ever vigilant to help and watch the machines as best a possible, but as Daniml said, we as pin heads need to ALL keep our eyes out for anyone that would try to damage someone else's property. I know if I saw someone trying to scratch or beating on a machine, I'd be pissed and jump in and say something. So please, to everyone, let's all keep an eye out and have each other's back so nothing ever happens to anyone's machine, ever.

As for theft, no machine will be allowed to leave the floor without being checked. That's standard at any show so nothing is new there. And yes, we do have a catastrophe insurance policy in place that covers us if God forbid there were a fire or flood or natural disaster. Additionally, as Gabe stated earlier, there will be only one way in and one way out after hours. That way goes by the hotels front desk. Not only will a hotel staff member be on duty, but we will have a security guard at that lone entrance and NO ONE will be allowed down to that area, so everything will be safe.

I'd just like to say Thank you for voicing your concerns and even bringing your BBB to the show. You're top shelf and I again just want to say thank you.

#228 4 years ago

I will be there and if I see shenanigans on a machine, I will be the first to say something. Ill bring a charged cattle prong if need be. lol. kidding guys.

#229 4 years ago
    Quoted from Pinphila:

I will be there and if I see shenanigans on a machine, I will be the first to say something. Ill bring a charged cattle prong if need be. lol. kidding guys.

Come on!!! I was counting on you and that cattle prod! Now what do I do in lieu of muscle? I can't just rely solely on Gabe. LOL

#230 4 years ago
    Quoted from Pinfidel:

Come on!!! I was counting on you and that cattle prod! Now what do I do in lieu of muscle? I can't just rely solely on Gabe. LOL

How much do you think it would cost to have MR. T walking around in a Pintastic shirt? I pity the fool who miss treats a pinball machine!

#231 4 years ago

Mr T.jpg

#232 4 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

How much do you think it would cost to have MR. T walking around in a Pintastic shirt?

A gold chain and a haircut?

#233 4 years ago

Hey, the WWF is close by in Connecticut....Im sure there are some guys looking for work. They could regulate with trash cans and folding chairs.

#234 4 years ago

That would be funny especially if I bring my wwrr and get those guys to play it lol. Ohhh yaaa!

#235 4 years ago

mayfair amusement.jpg

Pintastic New England is proud to present Mayfair Amusement as our next PINTASTIC vendor! We are so happy that Steve has decided to come to Pintastic. He has a great assortment of back glasses and parts for everyone in New England to stock up on.

Pintastic is still 9 months away! Me and Derek have been working non stop on the show to get you guys the best of everything PINBALL! We have lined up some very special things for the show and will be announcing them as we get closer.

#236 4 years ago

Hoping for a Power play back glass or maybe a amazing spider spiderman.

#237 4 years ago
    Quoted from mainelycoasters:

Hoping for a Power play back glass or maybe a amazing spider spiderman.

Check with Steve at Mayfair. He may have what you need and bring it.

#238 4 years ago

I will a little closer to the show. Right now I have 11 pinballs. going to have 13 end of month. May bring a few down to sell or just show off. None are what I would call collectors pieces. All are working playable and enjoyable machines. I am thinking Austin Powers may make the trip with a for sale sign. Maybe Space Invaders as well.

#239 4 years ago

I will a little closer to the show. Right now I have 11 pinballs. going to have 13 end of month. May bring a few down to sell or just show off. None are what I would call collectors pieces. All are working playable and enjoyable machines. I am thinking Austin Powers may make the trip with a for sale sign. Maybe Space Invaders as well.

I have 10 machines now and quickly running out of room lol. I will also be bringing many of my games for people to enjoy!

#240 4 years ago

Volunteer for Pintastic....Check out our new page everyone!

WE NEED YOU! Help us and get cool free stuff.

http://www.pintasticnewengland.com/volunteer.html

Thanks

#241 4 years ago

Signed up guys, cant wait.

#242 4 years ago

trying to book room and website giving me issues with that code? are all the bookings full?

#243 4 years ago

trying to book room and website giving me issues with that code? are all the bookings full?

You need to click on group rate than put in the code.

#244 4 years ago

Hmm must have been a glitch working now!

#245 4 years ago

Thank you all who have "officially" registered to help. You guys are awesome!

There's so many different things to do at the show and there's simply no way we can do it without you. We sincerely appreciate each and everyone of you for volunteering your time and services. We know you are doing this out of kindness and excitement the show. For you, helping out is good enough and you don't want anything. Well, we're very grateful to all of you and as a way of saying thank you, we're going to have some cool stuff for everyone who helps out. Thanks again everyone.

1 week later
    #246 4 years ago

Vendor Update Time!

I'm very happy to announce that Bruce Nightingale and his dad Bruce Sr. from Pinball Lifters will be at the show!

These guys have a crazy passion for pinball and are 2 of the nicest guys you could ever hope to meet. Their pinball lift systems are second to NONE. We saw and tried out their lifts and jack systems as well as their PB Helper (GENIUS!) at the Allentown and York shows and they are simply AWESOME! Check them out at their website here... http://www.pinballlifter.com/ and watch the PB Lifter video and how amazingly versatile their jacks are. The jacks they sell are light weight and turn on a dime with ease.

These are a must for every pinball owner. So if you're in need of a new jack or lift system for moving your machines, you need not look any further than the guys at Pinball Lifter.

Thank you for supporting and being part of the show Bruce.

Remember everyone to support those who are supporting us!

#247 4 years ago

Hey guys check out my interview by the Sci-Fi Journal November.....Its from min 25 to min 32! There will also be monthly updates leading up to Pintastic New England! www.youtube.com/user/RISFC

#248 4 years ago

So cool and exciting

#249 4 years ago

I just had to take a moment to say a HUGE Thank You to everyone who has already signed up to volunteer. In just 2 short weeks, you guys have really showed your excitement and support. We can't thank you guys enough. We already have 16 people who have officially registered to help at the event and have an additional 7 who actively help us now. You guys are AWESOME! We genuinely thank, appreciate and applaud you.

I've said this time and again and will continue to say it because it's the truth and we are constantly reminded of the fact. There simply is no show without the help of all you great guys and gals out there who truly love this hobby and believe in what we're doing. From all those who are helping us now and will help us at the event, to all our awesome vendors and sponsors. YOU all are the ones who are making this show a reality. We are humbled by all of you and sincerely thank you for all that you've done are doing and will continue to do to make this all happen. Your kind words, excitement and support keeps spurring us onward.

So again, to each and everyone one of you, you're help is NOT taken lightly and is GREATLY appreciated. Thank you all!

#250 4 years ago

Vendor update:

Allan Davidson is one of the greats when it comes to pin repair. Anyone who owns a pinball machine in and around MA. has probably had him come out and repair their machine for them. He moves like lightning across a machine and does great work. I'm bringing my Baby Pac-Man to him next week so he can fix that for me. I know I'll never have a problem with that machine again after he gets done with it.

Allan does repairs on all machines from EM's right up to todays state of the art games. On top of being a great tech, Allan in a top notch board repairer and restorer and that is the expertise he will be bringing to Pintastic 2015. He is going to have a booth set up that will be dedicated to board repair. So, if you have a board that is damaged, broken, crazy, bugging out, hacked, needs a chip, transistor, on the fritz (who doesn't!?) or anything else that needs to be repaired or checked on it, bring them to him at the show. He'll go over it, diagnose it on his test fixtures, see what it needs and tell you if it can be repaired, or if you're better off replacing it. If it's repairable, he'll do it right there on the spot for you and at a great price too! Now that's what I call Super Service!

Allan's company is called Aardvark Pinball Repair. If you need anything on your machine fixed or repaired, Allan's the guy! He can be contacted at ardsed@gmail.com or by phone at 508-369-1572.

Thank you Allan for support! Make sure you continue to support him New England.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 249.00
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 19.99
    $ 29.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Full Tilt Pinball LEDs
    $ 36.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 21.95
    Apparel - Unisex
    Pinball Wheezer
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    Electronics
    Third Coast Pinball
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
    $ 54.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 22.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 199.99
    $ 1,099.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 4.95
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 44.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 38.75
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 49.95
    $ 25.00
    Apparel - Unisex
    T-shirt- Grey Color Out of stock
    Project Pinball Charity
    There are 1302 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 27.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside