(Topic ID: 100254)

Pintastic New England 2015! Thank You Everyone!!!

By Pinfidel

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,302 posts
  • 125 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by beelzeboob
  • Topic is favorited by 34 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“So, who's pumped and in?”

• It's about time and I'll be there. 60 votes
      63%
    • This is great and I hope I can make it. 35 votes
      37%

(95 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_11621.jpg
    tumblr_mmhiwc7hse1s0o92ao1_250.gif
    Panoramic_View_of_Free_Playjpg_1.jpg
    IMG_1043_1.jpg
    IMG_1009_1.jpg
    IMG_1006_1.jpg
    IMG_0995_2.jpg
    IMG_0995_2.jpg
    01eff6d9216547746ffe57f56b1751df0c9628bb56.jpg
    0182fe85774db01fb93c0b913aa01e96bf7f22b442.jpg
    0170f3b0bdd6b715cdf1a1d0c27fa48fdf56a138d0_1.jpg
    0125b77e306f31644c26a84ff174744c26ec69f481.jpg
    01ef2b887c1a5b41de88808d53443678eb68964681.jpg
    image.jpg
    019d4c585869555c24d614f2cb6f492ebeca5cb235.jpg
    019c21321729a7cafa42eeefa036176ac6af10439a.jpg
    There are 1,302 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 27.
    #151 9 years ago
    Quoted from Chippewa-Pin:

You da man. Nice job!

LOL Thanks. Wish I could've recorded the whole convo. There was a lot more to it with some funny comments, but you guys got the gist of it. I'm just so glad I was able to get them down. I can't believe they went to $99 bucks on the King rooms. At $119 they would've been a great deal. At $99, it's like getting FREE ADMISSION FOR BOTH DAYS OF THE EVENT!!!

#152 9 years ago
    Quoted from jadziedzic:

Thanks for the hard work - I just booked a king mini-suite lake view room at the $99 rate!
    Tony

I can't BELIEVE you got a mini suite for the $99 dollar price!!! That may be a mistake there, but they will have to honor it. ANYONE who wants one of those suites better pounce on that before they change it and take it away. That's an awesome deal on a very nice room. If they ever did the common areas over, they'd be a 4-41/2 star hotel.

Anyway, congrats on the room and I look forward to meeting you and your wife at the show.

#153 9 years ago
    Quoted from Pinfidel:

I can't BELIEVE you got a mini suite for the $99 dollar price!!! That may be a mistake there, but they will have to honor it. ANYONE who wants one of those suites better pounce on that before they change it and take it away. That's an awesome deal on a very nice room. If they ever did the common areas over, they'd be a 4-41/2 star hotel.
    Anyway, congrats on the room and I look forward to meeting you and your wife at the show.

Wait I thought they were saving those sweets for us?

#154 9 years ago

Hey guys the vendor registration page and partnership (sponsor) pages are live on www.pintasticnewengland.com

Check them out!

#155 9 years ago

Our official Pintastic New England logo is finished. A huge thank you to Jake Erskine for creating it for us. It took over 40 revisions but came out beautiful! Jake will also be creating our limited addition yearly show T-shirt, tournament T-shirt and staff t-shirts. His amazing hand drawn creations are well amazing!

PNE-LOGO-FINAL-9-12-14.jpgPNE-LOGO-FINAL-9-12-14.jpg

#156 9 years ago

Jake is a great guy. He did our NEPL shirts too.

#157 9 years ago

Jake, you...are...AWESOME!!! It really came out amazing and I love it. Thanks for all the help and hard work. I publically thanked you as well on our "THANKS" page link as well. Thanks again Jake and I look forward to the Tee design.

#158 9 years ago

Exactly an hour from me. I'll be bringing games... Just have no idea what will be in my collection a year from now.

Wish it was on Sunday too

#159 9 years ago
    Quoted from Rascal_H:

Exactly an hour from me. I'll be bringing games... Just have no idea what will be in my collection a year from now.

It will be great to see you again! I am still loving the wwfrr you sold to me. We have to start somewhere and making it a 3 or 4 day show is def. a possibility for the second year.

#160 9 years ago
    Quoted from Rascal_H:

Truth be told, we wanted to have it on Sunday too, but the Convention Center had another event already scheduled for that day. ;( So...

#161 9 years ago

Pintastic New England is proud to announce it's first "official" MAJOR event sponsor.

New England, you can officially look forward to Jersey Jack Pinball supporting and attending your pinball show! JJP WILL BE THERE!!!

In speaking with Jack directly, he is extremely excited for New England to finally be having its own pinball show and he is ALL in with us to make this event a HUGE success!!!

He said that he will have some very special and "BIG" surprises for everyone at the event. He wouldn't even tell us what they were!

All I can say is, if you know Jack, you KNOW you can count on him making a MAJOR splash at Pintastic 2015!

I know I speak for everyone when I say Thank You Jack for supporting us. We'll all be looking forward to seeing what you have up your sleeves.

#162 9 years ago

I'm in and booked! One more lakeside mini-suite occupied. What ever event is going on Sunday I am sure they would luv it if we all stayed and joined in! What event wouldn't like free pinball!

Tom in Maine (but not Tom's of Maine - drat)

#163 9 years ago

LOL I didn't ask what event was going on. Possibly a wedding? We could all crash it!

Anyway, I look forward to seeing you at the event Tom.

#164 9 years ago

any idea of what might be available for sale (flea market or inside the show)? i need to find a good source to buy machines (and parts) without paying through the ss for freight chargers on machines. i was told these pinball shows are the place to go. this was my first choice based on location but then someone told me allentown had the best flea market. I have since posted a thread and got responses that it wasnt that great last year.

#165 9 years ago

Keep in mind that the flea market is good for old parts and project machines. The show itself will have a free play area where I would say that the majority of the machines are for sale. This is where people tend to purchase machines, not as much in the flea market. That being said, there are usually threads that start at some point before the show where people chime in as to what they are bringing. Keep on eye on this if you are serious about purchasing. There are a bunch of machines that are "sold" before they even get to the shows.

#166 9 years ago

I was at Allentown last year for the first time and I thought it was AWESOME! Ivan does a HECK of a job making that a great and fun event for all. Not to mention all the vendors and helpers who come together to make it happen too.

I'll also say that I thought there was a good showing of outside vendors at the show and I would DEFNITELY encourage you to go. I think you'd have a blast regardless of what you do or don't purchase. Gabe and I will definitely be there too. That's how much we loved it.

As for Pintastic, we have over 12,000 square feet of air conditioned indoor space for vendors and we've marked out over 10,000 square feet of space for outside vendors. We could EASILY double the amount of outdoor vendor space, so if ANYONE wants to be a part of the indoor or outdoor vendors areas, please head over to PintasticNewEngland.com and click on the "Vendors" link at the top of our home page. There you can register for the event and we will advertise you here so that others will see that you will be there. People WANT what you have to sell, so by all means, jump in with us either inside the show or in the outside flea market area.

We fully expect to have everything you would want or hope to see at the event Luke. As of right now, JJP as well as Automated will be there with plenty of new machines for sale as well as individuals selling their used machines. We expect well over 200 at the event and most will have a sale price on them..

As for vendors...I believe we'll have over 40 different vendors inside and I easily think we'll have 15 - 20 flea market vendors outside. So there will be plenty of sellers on hand for you to purchase anything you may want or need.

Either way, I hope to see you at Allentown AND Pintastic next year. Thanks Luke.

#167 9 years ago
    Quoted from TheRave:

Keep in mind that the flea market is good for old parts and project machines. The show itself will have a free play area where I would say that the majority of the machines are for sale. This is where people tend to purchase machines, not as much in the flea market. That being said, there are usually threads that start at some point before the show where people chime in as to what they are bringing. Keep on eye on this if you are serious about purchasing. There are a bunch of machines that are "sold" before they even get to the shows.

This is all true and I would like to add that on the PintasticNewEngland.com web site, we will have a game registration form available for everyone to fill out as to what game they plan on bringing to the show. We will then take that list and post a separate (Event Games) link on the site that we will update every time we have a machine get added. That way you'll be able to click the link and see every game registered to be at the event.

NOW, I will say, this does NOT mean that we are guaranteeing that the machine will be there. We can't do that because people have the right to sell their machine anytime they want. So they could easily sell it before the show takes place. If they let us know it's been sold, we'll remove that machine from the list.

Hope that helps and TY Rave for that great comment.

#168 9 years ago
    Quoted from rcbrown316:

any idea of what might be available for sale (flea market or inside the show)? i need to find a good source to buy machines (and parts) without paying through the ss for freight chargers on machines. i was told these pinball shows are the place to go. this was my first choice based on location but then someone told me allentown had the best flea market. I have since posted a thread and got responses that it wasnt that great last year.

New England has never had a full scale pinball show. Think of all the stuff vendors and people have had stored away all these years. Now they will have a show to take it all to! Our flee market area is larger than allantowns out side area so there is plenty of room. Its out the back door just past the 31 game tournament area.

1 week later
    #169 9 years ago

I am happy and proud to announce that Marco Specialties is in for Pintastic! Marco Specialties has committed to not only partner with us, but also to vend at the show! You can be sure they'll bring a bevy of parts with them for all your pinball needs.

I'd also just like to say thank you to Marco's for helping to make Pintastic a reality for New England. Your support is greatly and sincerely appreciated. We simply can't do this without you.

#170 9 years ago

It gives me great pleasure to announce that Rock Custom Pinball is IN THE HOUSE!!!

Chris is an unbelievable guy with a crazy passion for pinball. His under cabinet lighting kits are second to NONE! If you're even remotely interested in undercab kits and other things LED, you definitely want to check him out at www.rockcustompinball.com

Thanks Chris for helping to make this event a reality. New England thanks you!

#171 9 years ago

It is truly our pleasure. Thank you guy's again for creating this event I am sure it will be one to remember.

#172 9 years ago
    Quoted from Rock914:

It is truly our pleasure. Thank you guy's again for creating this event I am sure it will be one to remember.

Thank you Chris. I hope you and your family will be able to attend the show my friend, it's going to be AWESOME!

#173 9 years ago

We've had a few people ask if pets were allowed at the hotel. I spoke with our hotel Liaison and she confirmed that animals are in fact welcome at the hotel but there is a $25 charge per day per pet. So those of you who have pets and would like to take them, the Sturbridge host is a pet friendly facility.

I know that's great news for many out there, but I must make mention that no pets are allowed into the event area for safety reasons. The only exception would be for service dogs/guide-dogs. So please be aware of that only exception.

I will update the Pintastic website with this info tonight.

Thank you everyone!

#174 9 years ago

I am happy and proud to announce that Comet Pinball is down with Pintastic!!!

Anyone that knows Art, knows that he is top shelf and top notch all the way. He has a RIDICULOUS amount of love and respect for our beloved hobby and making it more fun and enjoyable for everyone with all his awesome LED's is his mission! Art has some of the best LED's in the business. Please make sure to visit his site and check out all the various LED's he has in stock at CometPinball.com for you to deck your game out in style.

Truly an asset to the pinball community, Art hit me up and wanted to make some GREAT donations for Pintastic. We will be using those items towards prizes and charity raffles at the show. It's going to be a great event because of all the great people and companies that are getting behind it.

Thank you Art for your partnership and support.

For anyone else who would like to partner with Pintastic, donate to the show, or volunteer to help, please head over to PintasticNewEngland.com or PM me here directly.

We can't do this without you. Thank you everyone!

#175 9 years ago

#176 9 years ago

Zap the show is still 10 months away lol. Lots of new details still to come! We will not slow down, full speed ahead!

#177 9 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

Zap the show is still 10 months away

I'm in Maine -- we don't get out much!

The one downside of living in the state that touches only one other. And the cold, oh and the snow, the low pay, no jobs, the taxes, the Portland Panhandelers."Maine - the way life should be".

At least that what we tell the folk from away - discourages 'em from staying after their summer visit to Vacationland.

#178 9 years ago

Just wanted to pop in an give a huge thanks and virtual high five to Pinfidel and Dannunz for taking the initiative and creating this thing out of whole cloth and thin air. This is an amazing logistical challenge to take on, and you both have my gratitude. I can't wait to come and play with everyone next summer. My only problem is that I can only bring 1 pin...and maybe not even that, since I can't fit a pin AND kids in the minivan at the same time. Going to have to get creative. Maybe a south shore rideshare/Uhaul caravan? We pick up people and pins on the way there?

#179 9 years ago
    Quoted from e4mafia:

Just wanted to pop in an give a huge thanks and virtual high five to Pinfidel and Dannunz for taking the initiative and creating this thing out of whole cloth and thin air. This is an amazing logistical challenge to take on, and you both have my gratitude. I can't wait to come and play with everyone next summer. My only problem is that I can only bring 1 pin...and maybe not even that, since I can't fit a pin AND kids in the minivan at the same time. Going to have to get creative. Maybe a south shore rideshare/Uhaul caravan? We pick up people and pins on the way there?

Just for another idea. You can rent a 4x8 uhaul for about 25.00 a day. This is what I do when I go to a pinball show. This way I have room for kids and multiple pinball machines.

#180 9 years ago
    Quoted from e4mafia:

You guys have no idea how huge of an under taking this actually is lol. But for me and Derek it is a labor of love. We are heading down to York next week to talk to all the vendors. Also we will be spreading the word and handing out a very cool 4 by 6 card with all our show info and sponsors.

#181 9 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

You guys have no idea how huge of an under taking this actually is lol. But for me and Derek it is a labor of love. We are heading down to York next week to talk to all the vendors. Also we will be spreading the word and handing out a very cool 4 by 6 card with all our show info and sponsors.

That's a great idea. Good luck, and I hope you get a ton of vendors and sponsors. Wish I could join you guys down there in York.

#182 9 years ago

Big thank you to our graphic designer James for putting together this awesome card! We will be handing out 750 of there at York and David Marston will be distributing 1500 out at Pinball Expo!

Pintastic_PC_4inx6in_front-01.jpgPintastic_PC_4inx6in_front-01.jpg Pintastic_PC_4inx6in_back-01-546.jpgPintastic_PC_4inx6in_back-01-546.jpg
    #183 9 years ago
    Quoted from e4mafia:

The trailer idea is a great idea especially if you have pins you want to sell. But whatever you do, be sure to take the kids, they're gonna have a BLAST!

#184 9 years ago
    Quoted from eabundy:

That's a great idea. Good luck, and I hope you get a ton of vendors and sponsors. Wish I could join you guys down there in York.

Thanks Eric. It's a bummer that you're not going. I was really looking forward to talking and hanging out again like at Allentown. Will miss you and Sam both.

#185 9 years ago

Looks good guys! Can't wait! I'll see you both next week.

#186 9 years ago
    Quoted from Pinphila:

Looks good guys! Can't wait! I'll see you both next week.

Thanks brothah, it's been a lot of hard work, but it's coming together well.

Looking forward to seeing you too. It's going to be a great time in York. We'll definitely hook up at the trailer.

#187 9 years ago
    Quoted from zaphod:

I'm in Maine -- we don't get out much!
    The one downside of living in the state that touches only one other. And the cold, oh and the snow, the low pay, no jobs, the taxes, the Portland Panhandelers."Maine - the way life should be".
    At least that what we tell the folk from away - discourages 'em from staying after their summer visit to Vacationland.

Lol well some of that is true. I am just a little more north then you!

#188 9 years ago

Is it just me or does that info card not have a date on it?

#189 9 years ago
    Quoted from Monarca1091:

GO PATRIOTS !!!!!

Yeah, I've known Matt Light a long time. I just gave him a bottle of "The Patriots" wine and he signed the empty one I had. His Light Foundation is first class. My son attended his leadership camp. Top notch.

#190 9 years ago
    Quoted from pzy:

Is it just me or does that info card not have a date on it?

Good eye that was done on purpose so people would visit the web page. Good thing its early and we can make more.lol

#191 9 years ago
    Quoted from smokey_789:

Yeah, I've known Matt Light a long time. I just gave him a bottle of "The Patriots" wine and he signed the empty one I had. His Light Foundation is first class. My son attended his leadership camp. Top notch.

Get matt to come to pintastic and Sighn autographs. We can raffel off stuff and donate the money to his charity.

#192 9 years ago

Maybe Cointaker can sponsor him… The Matt 'LED' Light Booth

#193 9 years ago

The Pintastic New England guys are at York. Grab us and say hi. We want to meet some pinsiders! Yesturday was a great show and great success with recruiting vendors. Everyone we spoke to was very excited about Pintastic. Some very big announcments to come!

#194 9 years ago

Well, York was a lot of fun. Met and made some new friends and caught up with some great old ones. Rich and his crew did a wonderful job. I spent some time talking to Rich as well. All I can say is he's a class act and stand up guy. He graciously let us talk about Pintastic as well as hand out our information postcards. Rich, I don't know if you'll read this, but thanks for everything my friend.

#195 9 years ago

Now, even though we had a great time at York, we weren't there on pleasure alone. We wanted to let the vendors there know that New England was going to have a huge pinball show too and invite them to be part of it.

Make no mistake, without the support of our sponsors and vendors, there is no show. Some are large, some are small, but they're all equally important to having a great event. When it comes time, be sure to support those who are supporting you.

Pintastic was well received at York and as a thank you, we will list the names of all the vendors who said they will be attending in the coming weeks.

These are some great companies with great products and owners behind them. We know you'll be very excited to hear that they will be at Pintastic New England. We will start things off with a bang tomorrow.

#196 9 years ago

York was a blast! Everyone I spoke with about Pintastic New England was very excited for our show. All the vendors were excited! Finally a full scale pinball show in New England. Great to see all my friends and talk pinball. The best thing about these shows is meeting people that are as excited about the hobby as I am.

The out pouring of support all around the country for Pintastic New England is nothing short of amazing! It blows me away every time I think about how awesome pinball people are.

#197 9 years ago

Morning everyone. It's announcement time as promised.

The first company I'd like to formally announce that was at York and will be coming to Pintastic is a great one indeed. You Know em, you love em and they have some of the best products and prices in the hobby. More importantly they are a GREAT group of people who work extremely hard at being one of the best at what they do.

All that said, it gives me great pride, pleasure and excitement to announce that Coin Taker will be vending at Pintastic in 2015!!!

Coin Taker was front and center at York and really made the show an exciting one indeed. They unboxed a brand new Walking Dead pro and set it up for all to play and enjoy. It never sat untouched with constant lines of people wanting to play. TWD was well received and Coin Taker sold a bunch of them at the show. Many thanks to them for bringing it out and congrats on selling so many. TWD was definitely one of the highlights of the show for me.

I'd just like to say a very humble and sincere thank you both Chris, Melissa and everyone at Coin Taker for supporting Pintastic 2015 and New England. We look forward to seeing you guys and all the great stuff you'll be bringing to Pintastic next year.

#198 9 years ago

It was nice meeting up with you guys at the Sanctum. Lots of ideas and positive vibes, looks like a lot of good vendors coming out!

The pintastic cards, can you make a bunch up in magnets? The cards are great, but limited. People love to stick things on their fridge or car too!

#199 9 years ago
    Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

It was nice meeting up with you guys at the Sanctum. Lots of ideas and positive vibes, looks like a lot of good vendors coming out!
    The pintastic cards, can you make a bunch up in magnets? The cards are great, but limited. People love to stick things on their fridge or car too!

Yes I like the direction we are going with the tournament. A 25 game tournament should be a huge draw for the show. I know you guys will make it awesome!

That's a great idea about the magnets. We will get those done soon.

#200 9 years ago
    Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

It was great meeting up with you guys as well. Had a blast talking to everyone as well as playing some great pinball machines. You guys have really done an amazing job setting up the Sanctum. Congrats, kudos and thumbs way up to all of you.

Anyone in driving distance of the Sanctum owes it to themselves to make a pilgrimage out to Meriden. Jump in on one of their fun tournaments they throw and meet up with some awesome guys and gals. It's a ton of fun for sure.

Tomorrow I will make another vendor announcement, so keep an eye out for the thread bump.

There are 1,302 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 27.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/you-asked-for-it-you-got-itpinballs-over-new-england/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.