(Topic ID: 100254)

Pintastic New England 2015! Thank You Everyone!!!

By Pinfidel

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,302 posts
  • 125 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by beelzeboob
  • Topic is favorited by 34 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“So, who's pumped and in?”

• It's about time and I'll be there. 60 votes
      63%
    • This is great and I hope I can make it. 35 votes
      37%

(95 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_11621.jpg
    tumblr_mmhiwc7hse1s0o92ao1_250.gif
    Panoramic_View_of_Free_Playjpg_1.jpg
    IMG_1043_1.jpg
    IMG_1009_1.jpg
    IMG_1006_1.jpg
    IMG_0995_2.jpg
    IMG_0995_2.jpg
    01eff6d9216547746ffe57f56b1751df0c9628bb56.jpg
    0182fe85774db01fb93c0b913aa01e96bf7f22b442.jpg
    0170f3b0bdd6b715cdf1a1d0c27fa48fdf56a138d0_1.jpg
    0125b77e306f31644c26a84ff174744c26ec69f481.jpg
    01ef2b887c1a5b41de88808d53443678eb68964681.jpg
    image.jpg
    019d4c585869555c24d614f2cb6f492ebeca5cb235.jpg
    019c21321729a7cafa42eeefa036176ac6af10439a.jpg

There are 1,302 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 27.
    #1201 8 years ago

I tell you Ben, was not a ton of vendors but the ones there really stepped up.

Mayfair and Cointaker had a buttload of inventory there. I bought a lot from both and both had good discounts. Even scored a 9+ Hyperball glass out of Steve's discount bin for $50.

Also, Jersey Jack was selling Inviziglass at buy 1, get one at half price OR if you had a machine in Free Play and wanted glass for it, it was $100 off the $300 regular price tag with no shipping. I wanted a glass for my Demo Man and he had no wide glass on hand and still honored the deal and next day shipped me one for the show price and no shipping!!!!.

Pringrafix sold me a full set of side blade art and backbox art for my STTNG at about $30 below website price.

#1202 8 years ago
    Quoted from heckheck:

Then offer a show special ordering period and have the stuff sent to my house after the fact.

This would be appreciated. I needed some rather obscure Gottlieb stuff, for instance, and I honestly didn't expect anyone to have it, but it would be nice to be able to order at a discount (or with free shipping) within a week of the show.

#1203 8 years ago
    Quoted from halflip87:

Yep, Ed went above and beyond to get my first pin home. Originally, I figured I'd bring a van and pick it up at his house the next day but he offered to bring it home for me. Keep in mind this was around 12:30 AM in the morning. I was astounded by his generosity the whole time and his enthusiasm in helping others at the show. Ed, I owe you an ice cream cone next time I see you. You'll be happy to know it's getting a heck of a workout and I'm already trying to read schematics and change settings.
    It was my first pinball show ever and my first game so it was intimidating to figure out the logistics of making my first purchase but Ed, Eric, Paul and the whole Pintastic crew made it a great and memorable experience. It's people like you guys who make this such a great and accessible hobby; your passion is contagious.
    Regards,
    -Doug

FullSizeRender.jpg

Such a fun one too! Enjoy it!

#1204 8 years ago
    Quoted from Patofnaud:

I tell you Ben, was not a ton of vendors but the ones there really stepped up.
    Mayfair and Cointaker had a buttload of inventory there. I bought a lot from both and both had good discounts. Even scored a 9+ Hyperball glass out of Steve's discount bin for $50.
    Also, Jersey Jack was selling Inviziglass at buy 1, get one at half price OR if you had a machine in Free Play and wanted glass for it, it was $100 off the $300 regular price tag with no shipping. I wanted a glass for my Demo Man and he had no wide glass on hand and still honored the deal and next day shipped me one for the show price and no shipping!!!!.
    Pringrafix sold me a full set of side blade art and backbox art for my STTNG at about $30 below website price.

Got a kit for my funhouse that I did not own at the time, and they tossed in the speaker grill for ACDC!

#1205 8 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

Here is the grand prize winner of $1000 cash

image.jpg

That trophy (which I think I read somewhere was made by James Calcia) was awesome too.

#1206 8 years ago

Just checking my audits looks like all my games got around 400 to 450 plays over the show. I had a static vinyl sheet over any areas that may take on ware. After I took that off and a quick cleaning the games look like they were never at a show.

So guys don't be afraid to bring your games out to Pintastic 2016! Thanks Gabe

#1207 8 years ago

I saw that on one of your machines. Good idea.

As for holes in the line up from sold machines, maybe keep a lift close by and shuffle machines sideways to close gaps as the weekend progresses. Folks won't notice the side isles getting wider.

#1208 8 years ago

Was the idea raised of having an incentive to bring machines on the second day? This way there can be machines that replace those that leave after the first day...

#1209 8 years ago
    Quoted from Mocean:

Was the idea raised of having an incentive to bring machines on the second day? This way there can be machines that replace those that leave after the first day...

I'm open for suggestion. We also need a incentive for people to leave there games till close on Saturday.

#1210 8 years ago

Well after seeing how lit up the back of the pf was on the Sopranos at the show I just took a look at mine, none of the lights in that rear row were working. Found f24 fuse blown, replaced it and...we have light! Lol. Also noticed I had not replaced the batteries since 2/13..Oops.. Looks much better back there , the chrome on that 1911 shines nice now

#1211 8 years ago
    Quoted from Mocean:

I'm not sure what more there is to offer. The free admission (or admission rebate for VIP badges) applies separately to each day. Anyone who can come only for Saturday would have that incentive, plus they'd get into the free-play area early on Saturday, and they would have a ticket in the thank-you raffle.

For 2016, we will want to show the hotel that we can generate even more room-nights for them, which means we want to get people to attend for multiple days and stay over. But for those who live within driving distance and would go home each night anyway, I hope they would take a look at the fill of the free-play area as they leave on the first day, and if they see a hole, consider bringing a game for the second day to fill that hole. Does anyone have any further suggestions?
    .................David Marston

#1212 8 years ago

When you guys did the free-play raffle drawings at the end of each day, was it required that the game be on the floor at closing time to win?

#1213 8 years ago
    Quoted from halflip87:

When you guys did the free-play raffle drawings at the end of each day, was it required that the game be on the floor at closing time to win?

Nope.

#1214 8 years ago

I suppose they could add this stipulation to the rules to get more games to stay. Or you could even require that the game must be present, operational and have credits in order to win. If someone brings a game, have them write down the name of it on their raffle ticket so that staff can verify that it's on the floor when the raffle is held.

Thanks,
    -Doug

#1215 8 years ago
    Quoted from halflip87:

No it was not required this year but that may be something we do next year thoughts? The free play raffle will also get expanded with more and maybe bigger prizes. I want to reward people who bring games to the show!

#1216 8 years ago
    Quoted from halflip87:

I suppose they could add this stipulation to the rules to get more games to stay. Or you could even require that the game must be present, operational and have credits in order to win. If someone brings a game, have them write down the name of it on their raffle ticket so that staff can verify that it's on the floor when the raffle is held.
    Thanks,
    -Doug

A raffle is a nice perk, but if you sell a game and the new owner is insistent about removing the game, they're not going to care about you being entered in a raffle or not.

#1217 8 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

A raffle is a nice perk, but if you sell a game and the new owner is insistent about removing the game, they're not going to care about you being entered in a raffle or not.

+1

Also, even though the game sold, you did go though the effort of humping it down, setting it up and letting folks play it. And fwiw, I brought 3 games AND purchased a VIP package and never put in for free passes for bringing in games. Free passes were useless to me. Raffles were useful.

Remember the folks bringing the games in are already supporting the event. The $35 early out was a good dis-incentive to leave mid-day. The empty spot issue was more of a 'holes from the previous day' than a mid day pulling machines out.

Enforce the 'keep your machine running' rule.
    Saturday AM, slide machines inward to fill holes.

Those two alone would do wonders.

There were machines broken/shutoff/nocredits the whole time that should have been moved out. If the machine can't be played, then it should be out in the flea market or back in your trailer. IMHO.

#1218 8 years ago
    Quoted from heckheck:

One reason for poor sales is that Allentown Pinfest was just 2

Everyone there sells minus shipping. Period, Cointakers, Fantesy something, Mezel Mods Marco,
    You can save tons at the show. Of course it is easier to order the wrong part online with out speaking to someone who knows what they are talking about.

months ago. Some of the same vendors would have already been shopped for the year.
    To be honest, the biggest draw for me vendor wise is a discount. I'm not big on impulse (though PinGraphix (sp?) stuff was tempting), it's easier to order and have it shipped, and I never have lists ready telling me exactly what I need (or if I do I can never find that). So, the biggest reason I would buy at a show is for a show discount, or to save shipping. I really had hoped someone would have had Titan Competition rings for sale, as I really want to try those out, but they weren't there, and I guess they are not in distribution yet.
    Inventory is another issue, vendors can carry out some of the most needed stuff, but even then it's a lot to haul around. I'd rather vendors just come and bring samples, so I can meet them, see the products in person and discuss the products. Then offer a show special ordering period and have the stuff sent to my house after the fact.
    I'm not sure how much the show depends on vendors for revenue. I'd say it would be ideal if the show could support itself on ticket/shirt sales, and the vendors should get a pretty good deal just to show up. Sponsorship is different, that's basically advertising, so a sponser is buying exposure.

#1219 8 years ago

I really think with a Beelzeboob kissing booth, you would've gotten another 1000 attendees. Easy.

Hindsight is 20/20, man...

#1220 8 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

I really think with a Beelzeboob kissing booth, you would've gotten another 1000 attendees. Easy.
    Hindsight is 20/20, man...

I hear he french kisses. Just sayin...

#1221 8 years ago
    Quoted from Pinterest:

I hear he french kisses. Just sayin...

You would know.

#1222 8 years ago

tumblr_mmhiwc7hse1s0o92ao1_250.giftumblr_mmhiwc7hse1s0o92ao1_250.gif

#1224 8 years ago

Had a great time.

Positives: vendors, ticket window folks were very helpful. variety of games 1957-2015, BEER and the courteous concession people. Raffle prizes.

Not so positive: people leaving before 6pm Saturday and nobody collecting their 35$, sparse flea market, kids activities could have been scaled down a notch JMHFO . Band unloading equipment parked on curb at exit door right at 6 pm when that area should have been clear. Raffle announcements.

Negative: no credits on a row of pins was
    Bull.

Next year : I'm in and i will strongly consider staying over Friday night even though I'm local . Close the exit by the free play from noon until 6 pm Saturday . Have a person posted at the window gate enforcing the early removal fee. Raffle at 5:45 for all winners you must be present. Deters the mass exodus .

#1225 8 years ago

the games not on freeplay in vendor booths has been commonplace in other shows. It was nice when they put them on freeplay but I didn't understand how nobody understood that they were, in fact, not in the freeplay area.

#1226 8 years ago

Next year in the Freeplay area, ALL games should be on freeplay if possibly via game setting or at the very least, set for 10,000 or lower for the first replay.
    As for EMs , those are easy to set on freeplay and believe all were on freeplay in the EM rows.

Dave (Doc)

Quoted from 1974DeltaQueen:

Negative: no credits on a row of pins was
    Bull.

#1227 8 years ago

No you misunderstood the complaint. Actually there was a row of 7 pins in FREE PLAY out of credits, all by one seller . the vendors like JJ it is their discretion to charge or not for games.

#1228 8 years ago

Hey Dr Dave I'm the guy with the Ship Ahoy- Wedgehead killer

#1229 8 years ago

That was a nice Ship Ahoy! =)

Hey Dr Dave I'm the guy with the Ship Ahoy- Wedgehead killer

#1230 8 years ago

No you misunderstood the complaint. Actually there was a row of 7 pins in FREE PLAY out of credits, all by one seller . the vendors like JJ it is their discretion to charge or not for games.

That issue was corrected on Saturday.

#1231 8 years ago

aaaah...my bad. I did notice 2 by the same seller in there.

1 week later
    #1232 8 years ago

This post is pretty late as I went to NYC, then some tournaments happened, then Comic-CON. It was a busy July. Here are the video's I took of Pintastic.

Roger Sharpe with Dave Marston holding his panel in Sturbridge, MA on 7/11/15 at Pintastic. The majority of the panel is about the use of intellectual property and it's relationship with Pinball.

Heighway Pinball discuses how they formed and where they are at today. Unfortunately "Aliens" was not shown off due to 20th Century Fox not allowing it to be shown yet.

Dennis Nordman and Greg Freres talk about starting their own Pinball business, the challenges to bring their creation to reality, and how their first game was designed.

Big Bang Bar a VERY rare Pinball machine made by Capcom in 1997. They cost around $20k because of their rarity. Only 14 prototypes were ever made because Capcom left the Pinball industry while it was being made. Around 180 reproductions were made from spare parts found.

The Hobbit shown off at Pintastic '15. Slightly unbalanced to the right, a weird cranking sound, and around 6:44 the scoop issue. The ball would go into the scoop under 2" of the playfield. Upon time for ejection it has to fight gravity to go past the playfield then ANOTHER 2" to reach a curve to feed the left inlane. The wear on the kickout is insane and doesn't work most of the time and I can't imagine this on location. Something has to be done to fix it. Had more of an idea of a ruleset but still vague. Great LCD work and theme use though. Also free play area.

Full Throttle:

There is no Lexi Lightspeed video from P3. Frankly I didn't enjoy it sadly. My games would last about 10sec and it was hard to aim for anything. Also there is 3 buttons on both sides and the 2 reps vaguely told me what to do. My friends were impressed but not so much I.

#1233 8 years ago

It's been a few weeks ...I've been reading the posts on both groups concerning the show. One post struck me and I'd be certainly willing to help. Owning a pinball machine 101 would be something really fun to do. Over the years, I've noticed even guys who have three or four games, haven't figured out some of the little tips that make obtaining, setting up and maintaining these games easier and therefore more enjoyable. I'd be happy to do "Owning EM Pinball Machines 101". I've owned over 250 machines over the last 23+ years and have run into just about everything you can think of.

If Gabe and Derek wish to take me up on my offer, they're welcome to contact me. I'm sure a few of my veteran pinheads would be happy to sit in and offer their .02 during the seminar.

Dave Metrando, Highland, NY

#1234 8 years ago
    Quoted from 1stpinballdave:

It's been a few weeks ...I've been reading the posts on both groups concerning the show. One post struck me and I'd be certainly willing to help. Owning a pinball machine 101 would be something really fun to do. Over the years, I've noticed even guys who have three or four games, haven't figured out some of the little tips that make obtaining, setting up and maintaining these games easier and therefore more enjoyable. I'd be happy to do "Owning EM Pinball Machines 101". I've owned over 250 machines over the last 23+ years and have run into just about everything you can think of.
    If Gabe and Derek wish to take me up on my offer, they're welcome to contact me. I'm sure a few of my veteran pinheads would be happy to sit in and offer their .02 during the seminar.
    Dave Metrando, Highland, NY

That would be great! We're planning lots of cool seminars this year. If we do Sunday looks like that may be a cool day to mix in some of these seminars. Pinball 101.....pinball players stradagy......tricks of improving your pinball game.....ect. Ect.

#1235 8 years ago

Sci-Fi Journal interviews with Jack and Andrew

https://www.youtube.com/user/RISFC

1 week later
    #1236 8 years ago

Rodger Sharpe playing Lexy Lightspeed at Pintastic.

#1237 8 years ago

Roger is the man great video!

#1238 8 years ago

I had a great time at the show and then I ordered a shirt off of the website after the show had ended. The 15 bucks was taken out of my account but I never got the shirt. Any thoughts?

#1239 8 years ago

Ah fell victim to Dannuz's little trap did we?

Just kidding - I'm sure he'll send your shirt (like how I committed him to that without his knowledge or consent?)

#1240 8 years ago
    Quoted from Strummy:

I had a great time at the show and then I ordered a shirt off of the website after the show had ended. The 15 bucks was taken out of my account but I never got the shirt. Any thoughts?

PM ed

#1241 8 years ago

Thanks to dannunz for the quick reply.

#1242 8 years ago

I missed what the show dates for next year are?

#1243 8 years ago
    Quoted from Colehvac1:

I missed what the show dates for next year are?

Pintastic 2016 will be happening official announcement coming soon. A lot of thought and planning has gone into the new date.

#1244 8 years ago

Thank you so much for having me there!
    It was the best start i could've dreamt of for that documentary project of mine!
    I wish you the best for the next editions, and hopefully I'll be there too!

#1245 8 years ago
    Quoted from wylcot:

Thank you so much for having me there!
    It was the best start i could've dreamt of for that documentary project of mine!
    I wish you the best for the next editions, and hopefully I'll be there too!

We were lucky to have you at the show. I am so looking forward to the documentary. When should we expect to see the finished product?

#1246 8 years ago

Well, we're currently working on footage on the 'old continent' to be able to have two sides of the story.
    I'd say late 2015/early 2016, but nothing's really sure to be honest.

But you'll be the first ones to know!

#1247 8 years ago

You definitely got a ton of great footage!

3 weeks later
    #1248 8 years ago

Any new news for 2016?IMG_1162[1].JPGIMG_1162[1].JPG

#1249 8 years ago

Pintastic 2016 will be staying the same weekend as this years show July 7th 8th and 9th. We will be adding Thursday to the show from 6pm to 12pm so people can come out after work and get the party started. More details and a official announcement will be coming in a few weeks and people can start booking their rooms. Thanks Gabe

#1250 8 years ago

Sweet!!
    When will you start looking for volunteers?

There are 1,302 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 27.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/you-asked-for-it-you-got-itpinballs-over-new-england/page/25 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.