(Topic ID: 100254)

Pintastic New England 2015! Thank You Everyone!!!

By Pinfidel

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 1,302 posts
  • 125 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by beelzeboob
  • Topic is favorited by 35 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“So, who's pumped and in?”

• It's about time and I'll be there. 60 votes
      63%
    • This is great and I hope I can make it. 35 votes
      37%

(95 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

There have been 172 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_11621.jpg
    tumblr_mmhiwc7hse1s0o92ao1_250.gif
    Panoramic_View_of_Free_Playjpg_1.jpg
    IMG_1043_1.jpg
    IMG_1009_1.jpg
    IMG_1006_1.jpg
    IMG_0995_2.jpg
    IMG_0995_2.jpg
    01eff6d9216547746ffe57f56b1751df0c9628bb56.jpg
    0182fe85774db01fb93c0b913aa01e96bf7f22b442.jpg
    0170f3b0bdd6b715cdf1a1d0c27fa48fdf56a138d0_1.jpg
    0125b77e306f31644c26a84ff174744c26ec69f481.jpg
    01ef2b887c1a5b41de88808d53443678eb68964681.jpg
    image.jpg
    019d4c585869555c24d614f2cb6f492ebeca5cb235.jpg
    019c21321729a7cafa42eeefa036176ac6af10439a.jpg

There are 1302 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 27.
    #1101 4 years ago
    Quoted from mrgregb123:

That was my first show. I was wearing the bright blue Captain America shirt on Friday and while I got to talk with a lot of great people about the games, I have no idea if any of you were pinsiders. But everyone was so friendly, and everyone in the free play area was courteous - always allowing people waiting to have a turn.
    For a first run, it was very impressive. If you wanted to meet Jersey Jack, Dennis Nordman, or Greg Freres, you could easily do so - they were all within 10 feet of each other just hanging out in the vendor area. I got to tell Greg that I was a huge fan of Dr. Dude and felt like an @ss that I didn't bring my translite to get signed - he asked if I could go back home to grab it (live too far away tho)! Played Whoa Nellie. While it wasn't quite as awesome as some say, it was fun and watching Dennis and Greg play it themselves was cool.
    Vendor offerings were impressive for this first go-round. Having Heighway there with Full Throttle was a great touch. The Heighway folks and the P3 dude were great to talk to and they really are totally committed to their projects. Full Throttle is the real-deal. I think the revving sounds are done a little too much but take that way and the game is ace.
    My other key takeaways -
    The vendor area rivaled the Free Play area early Friday with Automated putting all the new Stern titles and MMR on free play. Made an awesome first impression of the show. Then all of a sudden they weren't on free play. That was really strange. I saw a lot of disappointed people try to play MMR only to get the INSERT COIN slap. Not sure what the deal was but it made Automated look bad. If I was interested in buying one of these, I'm sure not going to buy it if I can't play it. And IMO it looks snobby when you have all these games here turned on, but don't let anyone play them. Just my opinion.
    The Hobbit was probably the busiest game in the place. A constant line and looked cool. I didn't get to play it but those playing seemed impressed. My first time playing WOZ. I like deep games but I was lost on this one.
    That modded CFTBL was amazing. Very nice work.
    Blue LEDs for GI seemed to be a running theme. I was blown away by how many games in Free Play had them. IMO they really don't look good in a lot of games. But to each their own.
    Very impressed with the large number of games that went down that were brought back online so quickly.
    Awesome array of EM games. I'm not a big EM guy but for those that are it was a nice treat.
    Whoever brought the AC/DC Premium/LE in the free play area, thanks! Never played it before - now I think I want to buy one!
    I'll be back next year for sure. To the show runners, awesome job.

That was my ACDC Premium! Actually I had 10 of my beautiful games at the show. That whole front line up including the 4 color DMD'S were all my games from my personal collection I hope you all enjoyed them. Mike from Automated Services was not there Friday morning and for some reason all there NIB games got taken off FREE PLAY. I spoke with Mike at the after party (I can be persuasive) and he decided to put all his brand new games in his booth on FREE PLAY all day Saturday for everyone to enjoy. Thank you Mike what a great line up of pins. Even the 2 WOZ 75 Aniv. were NIB he opened for everyone.

#1102 4 years ago

HOORAY!!!! Gabe's alive!!!

#1103 4 years ago

This was my first show and I hope for many more! Thank you to Gabe and Derek can not be said enough. Also a massive thank you to all the vendors who came. To automated for letting me play with your new in box toys. To Heighway, Multimorphic and Jersey Jack for letting us see the newest toys you have. To Project Pinball I do not know how to say how grateful I am to have you dedicate a Wizard of Oz in my sons name to the Mass General Children's Hospital. I am so moved and touched by all that you do. To the many people who brought machines, volunteered to help, and to those who came played and shopped thank you all! Met a lot of good people. Made some new friends and enjoyed myself so much. You pinheads are great people I tell you what!

#1104 4 years ago
    Quoted from mainelycoasters:

This was my first show and I hope for many more! Thank you to Gabe and Derek can not be said enough. Also a massive thank you to all the vendors who came. To automated for letting me play with your new in box toys. To Heighway, Multimorphic and Jersey Jack for letting us see the newest toys you have. To Project Pinball I do not know how to say how grateful I am to have you dedicate a Wizard of Oz in my sons name to the Mass General Children's Hospital. I am so moved and touched by all that you do. To the many people who brought machines, volunteered to help, and to those who came played and shopped thank you all! Met a lot of good people. Made some new friends and enjoyed myself so much. You pinheads are great people I tell you what!

You guys are awesome!

#1105 4 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

HOORAY!!!! Gabe's alive!!!

Its been tough for sure but all the pinball love kept me going all weekend!

#1106 4 years ago

Best show I have ever been to hands down! Thanks to everyone who made it happen. I will be back every year. Great job by the Sanctum guys for running the tourney. Well done guys, you thought of everything!!!

#1107 4 years ago

Just getting a chance now to comment on the show. I went with my son on Friday and stayed for about 4 hours. I just want to congratulate and thank everyone that put together and participated in this wonderful new show. I couldn't believe how well everything was organized for a first time event. I can only imagine it getting bigger and better in the future. From what I could tell, the turnout was tremendous. I can't imagine more of the vendors that were unable to participate this year not coming next year. I can't say enough about it. I even won one of the hourly door prizes! Personal thanks to Allan and Susan at Aardvark for some board work that was done for me quickly while I was there. I can't wait until next year!

#1108 4 years ago

Shoot... I just missed the free shipping offer on the colordmd. The show code expired yesterday. Randy... could you find it in your heart to extend it just through today? Would result in an order of two colordmds! Please oh please oh please?

#1109 4 years ago
    Quoted from gac:

Shoot... I just missed the free shipping offer on the colordmd. The show code expired yesterday. Randy... could you find it in your heart to extend it just through today? Would result in an order of two colordmds! Please oh please oh please?

Buy 3 and you automatically get free shipping! Randy is awsome!

#1110 4 years ago

Just finally got finished unpacking form the show..as exhausted as I am..I had to jump open here for a brief moment . I can't tell you what a great time the PinGraffix crew and I had.

I can't thank Derek And Gabe enough for having us. You guys are incredible!. I was hanging out with Arthur until 4 in the morning Sat night and there was Gabe still loading up the box truck.. Derek..I don't know how this poor guy is still walking..he was practically crawling at that point. So I want to give a special E APPLAUD to those guys and especially all of who that attended... including in no particular order:

Cointaker crew (Melissa, Chris, Derek, Troy), Jersey Jack Pinball, JACK, LTG, Rob Berk and his son, Dennis Nordman, Greg Ferris, Arthur from Comet, VP Cabs, the Pinbox 3000 Guys, Mike from Automated services, Andrew Heighway and his Tech guy Roman, JARED, JARED Al Cihak, My amazing technician Dennis Cole, Ivan from Allentown, Glenn and YFZ guy from NJ, Lorenzo from Pinnovators, Mike Smith, Joe Miller, Mayfair .. the show volunteers, Daren and Kati...and of course ..the clowns.the list goes on and on.(I apologize if I missed anyone).

Was such a great thrill to play all the newest games. There was such a showing of quality games everywhere you looked. I am really looking forward to getting my Hobbit. The one at the show played so smooth..felt so nice. Full Throttle is another exciting game that my son and I loved and couldn't get enough especially since we are are huge motocross fans.

We here art PinGraffix will definitely be back next year ..so you can count on that. This is one for the books...

And if you ever get Jared alone...ask him to tell you about the LOBSTER story..Jared , you missed your calling man.. Stand UP is what you should be doing..absolutely hysterical dude! I was in tears with that one..

Look forward to seeing everyone next year!

KUDOS to Derek and Gabe!

-JOERAPTOR

#1111 4 years ago
    Quoted from joeraptor2003:

Just finally got finished unpacking form the show

Great to meet you. (I was the guy who got the Indy stuff.)

#1112 4 years ago

Just finally got finished unpacking form the show..as exhausted as I am..I had to jump open here for a brief moment . I can't tell you what a great time the PinGraffix crew and I had.
    I can't thank Derek And Gabe enough for having us. You guys are incredible!. I was hanging out with Arthur until 4 in the morning Sat night and there was Gabe still loading up the box truck.. Derek..I don't know how this poor guy is still walking..he was practically crawling at that point. So I want to give a special E APPLAUD to those guys and especially all of who that attended... including in no particular order:
    Cointaker crew (Melissa, Chris, Derek, Troy), Jersey Jack Pinball, JACK, LTG, Rob Berk and his son, Dennis Nordman, Greg Ferris, Arthur from Comet, VP Cabs, the Pinbox 3000 Guys, Mike from Automated services, Andrew Heighway and his Tech guy Roman, JARED, JARED Al Cihak, My amazing technician Dennis Cole, Ivan from Allentown, Glenn and YFZ guy from NJ, Lorenzo from Pinnovators, Mike Smith, Joe Miller, Mayfair .. the show volunteers, Daren and his wife Heidi...and of course ..the clowns.the list goes on and on.(I apologize if I missed anyone).
    Was such a great thrill to play all the newest games. There was such a showing of quality games everywhere you looked. I am really looking forward to getting my Hobbit. The one at the show played so smooth..felt so nice. Full Throttle is another exciting game that my son and I loved and couldn't get enough especially since we are are huge motocross fans.
    We here art PinGraffix will definitely be back next year ..so you can count on that. This is one for the books...
    And if you ever get Jared alone...ask him to tell you about the LOBSTER story..Jared , you missed your calling man.. Stand UP is what you should be doing..absolutely hysterical dude! I was in tears with that one..
    KUDOS to Derek and Gabe!
    -JOERAPTOR

Happy I got that kick ass creepy Funhouse kit from you! can not wait to see something custom for a pin-bot apron!

#1113 4 years ago

Cointaker crew (Melissa, Chris, Derek, Troy), Jersey Jack Pinball, JACK, LTG, Rob Berk and his son, Dennis Nordman, Greg Ferris, Arthur from Comet, VP Cabs, the Pinbox 3000 Guys, Mike from Automated services, Andrew Heighway and his Tech guy Roman, JARED, JARED Al Cihak, My amazing technician Dennis Cole, Ivan from Allentown, Glenn and YFZ guy from NJ, Lorenzo from Pinnovators, Mike Smith, Joe Miller, Mayfair .. the show volunteers, Daren and his wife Heidi...and of course ..the clowns.the list goes on and on.(I apologize if I missed anyone).
    KUDOS to Derek and Gabe!
    -JOERAPTOR

Joe we love you man! Everyone in the PinGraffix crew is amazing, with you guys and the Cointaker crew anchoring the front of the vendor hall it was awesome brother.

#1114 4 years ago
    Quoted from HoneyBadger:

Best show I have ever been to hands down! Thanks to everyone who made it happen. I will be back every year. Great job by the Sanctum guys for running the tourney. Well done guys, you thought of everything!!!

Wow thank you!

#1115 4 years ago

Nice to get punked on Stern facebook. Not one of my better games, but the pin is great to play! Thanks Dennis & Jared screwing with my concentration. https://www.facebook.com/sternpinball/videos/vb.136972659243/10153435184054244/?type=2&theater

#1116 4 years ago

Last night in New England....sad..but guess what? I had Lobster for dinner!

Till next year......360 days to go!

#1117 4 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

I'll miss you already, Art! Back to eating conch fritters, eh?

#1118 4 years ago

Awwwww. I miss Boobs too!

Wanna know how to have a great show or party?

Invite Beelze.....a laugh a minute!

My best to your wife.....maybe you can get her to post here....we need to know Mrs. Beelze!

#1119 4 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Awwwww. I miss Boobs too!
    Wanna know how to have a great show or party?
    Invite Beelze.....a laugh a minute!
    My best to your wife.....maybe you can get her to post here....we need to know Mrs. Beelze!

She'll never post here. She thinks it's for losers. (But she doesn't realize that makes her MRS. Loser! )

And I might be a laugh a minute, but I'm asleep by 11:30. I honestly don't know how you stayed up so late, Art. That's a talent, right there.

#1120 4 years ago

Is there definitely going to be a "next year"?

#1121 4 years ago
    Quoted from KingDaddy:

Is there definitely going to be a "next year"?

That is what we are shooting for. Date is not yet set we may move it into June for many reasons.

#1122 4 years ago

Painkillers, alcohol, and great people, like you...

I am so glad to be a loser too!

#1123 4 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Painkillers, alcohol, and great people, like you...
    I am so glad to be a loser too!

Thumbs up for the solidarity. NOT agreeing you're a loser!

#1124 4 years ago

Happy I got that kick ass creepy Funhouse kit from you! can not wait to see something custom for a pin-bot apron!

Oh? So at least now you admit Fun House is Creepy!

It was really great to get to know you and your wife at Pintastic! I think I'm more sore today than I was yesterday though - I'm too FAT to lug machines around!

I'm just able to post again too - and owe a video to Multimorphic. Love that machine - it's so innovative!

Derek and Gabe are awesome people and it was really awesome hanging out with them for a few days.

The show was incredible - I said this before and I'll say it again - I can't imagine any of the other large shows could have had a better first year.

It was great meeting everyone and I cant wait for next year!!

#1125 4 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Art - it was so nice to get to know you better - you are a real gentleman!

Did you ever make it over to that incredible BBQ place down the street?

#1126 4 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

She'll never post here. She thinks it's for losers. (But she doesn't realize that makes her MRS. Loser! )
    And I might be a laugh a minute, but I'm asleep by 11:30. I honestly don't know how you stayed up so late, Art. That's a talent, right there.

It's tiring walking around with your tongue hanging out all the time - huh!

#1127 4 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

That is what we are shooting for. Date is not yet set we may move it into June for many reasons.

Awesome, it comes sooner!

#1128 4 years ago

Let's keep these post alive for the entire year! The more people hear how great the show was the more inclined they will be to attend, as well as more vendors and speakers knocking on the door to be apart of it. The only thing I could have hoped for were to have more Pinsiders wearing their avatar in the form of a name tag or a badge in order to put a face to the name. I had people come up to me just to look at my badge to see who I was.

#1129 4 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

...we may move it into June for many reasons.

Well, then only 11 months to go for the next fantastic Pintastic show!

#1130 4 years ago

Mid June or late July early August? What will work better?

#1131 4 years ago

You don't want to coincide with ReplayFX, either.

#1132 4 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

Just make sure you pick a day when it's raining so they will be forced to come inside to play pinball rather than go to the beach!

#1133 4 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

I like earlier June is better. I think people are busier at the end of the summer break than the beginning.

If I bring pins anywhere I have to haul them up some stairs out of a basement. So a small added benefit of early summer for local pinheads is that any pins brought to Allentown can be left wrapped up in the garage all ready for Pintastic the following month. That saves an extra cycle of bringing them up and down the basement stairs.

#1134 4 years ago

Thanks for everything guys! I had such a great time at the show, and I can't wait for next year!

#1135 4 years ago

Schools don't get out until later in June...

#1136 4 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

That's excellent. It was such a home run, I can only imagine you'll significantly increase the attendance next year.

#1137 4 years ago
    Quoted from KingDaddy:

Schools don't get out until later in June...

The last day of school for all the schools in my area is June 23 2016, with graduations on the 24th, and presumably graduation parties all weekend. The following weekend is basically a holiday with July 4th falling on a Monday.

I'd guess that family attendance will probably be low on those two weeks, as well as prior to that while school is still in session with finals going on.

#1138 4 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

The last day of school for all the schools in my area is June 23 2016, with graduations on the 24th, and presumably graduation parties all weekend. The following weekend is basically a holiday with July 4th falling on a Monday.
    I'd guess that family attendance will probably be low on those two weeks, as well as prior to that while school is still in session with finals going on.

How about August 26th 27th 28th the weekend before Labor Day and before the kids go back to school?

#1139 4 years ago

Those sound like good dates to me.

Quoted from dannunz:

How about August 26th 27th 28th the weekend before Labor Day and before the kids go back to school?

#1140 4 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

A lot of colleges start in the last week of August. Sometimes freshman orientation starts a few days prior to the start of classes.

The weekend prior to the start of classes, everybody is probably busy prepping for it.

[edit]: It looks like some MA colleges I checked start slightly later on Sept 2nd.

[edit]: NY colleges seem to start Aug 31st. CT colleges seem to start Aug 29th.

#1141 4 years ago

Hmm this date may work....

#1142 4 years ago

aaaaah the 27th is my wife's bday and as much fun as the show was........it ain't gonna fly

#1143 4 years ago
    Quoted from yzfguy:

aaaaah the 27th is my wife's bday and as much fun as the show was........it ain't gonna fly

Take her with you for a getaway vacation

#1144 4 years ago
    Quoted from yzfguy:

Welp...there goes the teal shirt for Pintastic 2016. And I had such high hopes for next year's show. Gabe...you'll have to drop the ticket prices now.

#1145 4 years ago
    Quoted from Craig:

Great to meet you. (I was the guy who got the Indy stuff.)

Ahh of course!!!
    SO great to finally meet the CRAIG... Please post pics of INDY stuff when you can.

If I remember correctly..you got the "COASTER" version.. Thats my favorite. Thanks for coming by!

Keep on Flippin'..

#1146 4 years ago

The two weeks after high schools let out are the busiest on the Cape; not everyone is going to successfully negotiate family travel plans for pinball

August 26, 27 and 28 sound good to me. We are taking about 2015, right ;D

Next year I'm getting off my ass and volunteer, or bring a pin, or both. Hopefully my Buffy will be up to par by then.

You guys rule. Thank you.

#1147 4 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

Avoid June is my vote. Coaster con is a June event I never miss!

#1148 4 years ago

Ahh of course!!!
    SO great to finally meet the CRAIG... Please post pics of INDY stuff when you can.

If I remember correctly..you got the "COASTER" version.. Thats my favorite. Thanks for coming by!
    Keep on Flippin'..

It is the coaster version. So many people say Rudy creaps them out and him looking over the coaster just adds to it! Love it!!!

#1149 4 years ago
    Quoted from Mocean:

The two weeks after high schools let out are the busiest on the Cape; not everyone is going to successfully negotiate family travel plans for pinball
    August 26, 27 and 28 sound good to me. We are taking about 2015, right ;D
    Next year I'm getting off my ass and volunteer, or bring a pin, or both. Hopefully my Buffy will be up to par by then.
    You guys rule. Thank you.

Volunteering is awsome you get right in there with me and Derek. In the thick of things. All access.

#1150 4 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

Volunteering is awsome you get right in there with me and Derek. In the thick of things. All access.

Gabe makes it sound like unicorns and ice cream! Don't believe a word he says, he's a slave driver! But seriously, my biggest regret is that I couldn't offer more of my services. I volunteered for 8 hours on Thursday for setup, 4 hours on Fri morning until the rest of my party arrived, then another several hours Sat night wrapping things up. Not only do you get to spend quality time with Gabe and Derek but with the vendors and speakers as well. I helped Andrew setup Full Throttle, John with his BBB, and Gerry with Lexy. Talk about front row action! The after party for vendors, staff, and hotel guest was the icing on the cake with free-food, great company, and unlimited game play without the crowds. It's starting to sound like old hat but the sincerity is still there ... thank you Gabe and Derek for doing what others had always hoped and dreamed but not brave enough to tackle. Pintastic is now "On The Map"!!!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 28.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 129.00
    Lighting - Led
    LED OCD
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 199.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Medisinyl Mods
    $ 89.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 200.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 71.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Protection
    Professor Pinball
    $ 44.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 5,800.00
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 38.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    $ 9.95
    Apparel - Unisex
    Pinball Wheezer
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 70.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 224.99
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    € 6.50
    Flipper Parts
    Buthamburg
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 194.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 19.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Chrome Candy
    Boards
    PCB Emporium
    $ 35.00
    Hardware
    Filament Printing
    There are 1302 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 27.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside