(Topic ID: 100254)

Pintastic New England 2015! Thank You Everyone!!!

By Pinfidel

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 1,302 posts
  • 125 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by beelzeboob
  • Topic is favorited by 35 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“So, who's pumped and in?”

• It's about time and I'll be there. 60 votes
      63%
    • This is great and I hope I can make it. 35 votes
      37%

(95 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

There have been 172 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_11621.jpg
    tumblr_mmhiwc7hse1s0o92ao1_250.gif
    Panoramic_View_of_Free_Playjpg_1.jpg
    IMG_1043_1.jpg
    IMG_1009_1.jpg
    IMG_1006_1.jpg
    IMG_0995_2.jpg
    IMG_0995_2.jpg
    01eff6d9216547746ffe57f56b1751df0c9628bb56.jpg
    0182fe85774db01fb93c0b913aa01e96bf7f22b442.jpg
    0170f3b0bdd6b715cdf1a1d0c27fa48fdf56a138d0_1.jpg
    0125b77e306f31644c26a84ff174744c26ec69f481.jpg
    01ef2b887c1a5b41de88808d53443678eb68964681.jpg
    image.jpg
    019d4c585869555c24d614f2cb6f492ebeca5cb235.jpg
    019c21321729a7cafa42eeefa036176ac6af10439a.jpg

There are 1302 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 27.
    #851 4 years ago

So I'm going to be wearing two T-shirts at the show:

On Friday, I'm going to wear my brown *TILT* T-shirt.
    On Saturday, I'm going to wear my gray Stern Pinball T-shirt.

If you're lucky enough to see me, be sure to talk a bit between games, or even watch me play. I'm a lot taller than you expect.

Not sure if I'll be vlogging from the convention. I likely won't, but if things turn out for me I will. I'll keep you updated.

#852 4 years ago
    Quoted from Kineticross:

So I'm going to be wearing two T-shirts at the show:
    On Friday, I'm going to wear my brown *TILT* T-shirt.
    On Saturday, I'm going to wear my gray Stern Pinball T-shirt.
    If you're lucky enough to see me, be sure to talk a bit between games, or even watch me play. I'm a lot taller than you expect.
    Not sure if I'll be vlogging from the convention. I likely won't, but if things turn out for me I will. I'll keep you updated.

Can't wait to meet you and buy you a drink at the bar!

#853 4 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Can't wait to meet you and buy you a drink at the bar!

Sure, as long as it's root beer.

#855 4 years ago

THIS IS THE FINAL WEEK TILL PINTASTIC!
    Ok guys we are at 122 games in free play. After reviewing the list of people bringing games I have to say I am very disappointed in the local collector community. Only 42 collectors are making up that 122 games. You guys have wanted a show in New England for how many years and now you have one. I know there are at least 300 collectors in the New England area. A show can not be great with out the support of local collectors. So this is it please rent a u-haul, jam one into your SUV or car, get together with a friend. We need more games and this is it time has run out! Thank you to those 42 people you know who you are.

#856 4 years ago

Gabe is right. This is your show too ! Help make it a great one.

LTG : )

#857 4 years ago

If I could fit a couple of games on the .plane I would bring some man.

No clue why people in the Nee England area aren't pitching in.

This is YOUR SHOW...make it happen!

#858 4 years ago
    Quoted from Kineticross:

Ahh...I'll get you a Miller Lite. It's the same thing as drinking soda. Or cow piss.

#859 4 years ago

I hope there are going to be a few last minute additions.

I really want to see this show succeed

Thanks for all the hard work getting it off the ground

#860 4 years ago

Mark and I were trying to iron out golf games this weekend. Some likely candidates are

Space shuttle
    Blackjack
    Algar
    Devils dare
    WWF Rotal Rumble
    Medusa
    Shadow
    AC/DC
    Iron man classic.

Subject to change....

#861 4 years ago
    Quoted from Jared:

If I could fit a couple of games on the .plane I would bring some man.
    No clue why people in the Nee England area aren't pitching in.
    This is YOUR SHOW...make it happen!

I'm confident New England collector will come through.

#862 4 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

I'm confident New England collector will come through.

Stay confident.

This is just year one.

2-3 years from now can be in the top shows in the nation. Few lead, most follow. You are doing great work.

#863 4 years ago

Andrew Heighway will have 2 new Full Throttle Pins for play, & I should have my new WOZ 75th for play. Wondering what other new pins for play will also be at the show?

#864 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whridlsoncestood:

Mark and I were trying to iron out golf games this weekend. Some likely candidates are
    Space Shuttle
    Blackjack
    Algar
    Devils dare
    WWF Rotal Rumble
    Medusa
    Shadow
    AC/DC
    Iron Man classic.
    Subject to change....

Sounds like a good list. I do know Shadow tied us all up at JR's. I do not recall what the target score was just that you could play for a really long time with out hitting it if you did not know how to score well on that game!

#865 4 years ago

For those of us bringing games on Friday for the free play area, what is the earliest time to show up with the game for setup?

#866 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whridlsoncestood:

Space Shuttle
    Blackjack
    Algar
    Devils dare
    WWF Rotal Rumble
    Medusa
    Shadow
    AC/DC
    Iron Man classic.
    Subject to change....

Ooh, Algar's in there? Can't believe that Lionman himself is attending Pintastic!

#867 4 years ago
    Quoted from heckheck:

For those of us bringing games on Friday for the free play area, what is the earliest time to show up with the game for setup?

We will be open for set up at 7am on Friday.

#868 4 years ago

For those bringing games for the free play area: you can show up as early as 7:00 AM either Friday or Saturday! To my mind, that's another great incentive for bringing a game. You can hang out in the free play area after setting up your games, but everybody has to cooperate for efficient, orderly, and SAFE setup.

I am told that every game in the free play room will need a card. Among other things, the card will indicate whether the game is for sale. Every game is automatically entered in the Best In Show contest, and the card is used to determine who gets the prize.
    .................David Marston

#869 4 years ago

I'm going to shoot to bring Champion Pub, have to over night 4 leg bolt plates (all are stripped) but it serves upa some punches real niiiice.

My 1990 Gottlieb Hoops will be in free play (not for sale)- PLAY THIS GAME. It is awesome and you will be hard pressed to find another.

And i'm not on the list....so there is two more. Gabe, you got a text coming your way.

#870 4 years ago
    Quoted from Kineticross:

"Not Your Father's Root Beer"

Yum

#871 4 years ago

I may end up buying a pin at this show who knows! Have to make some calls!

#872 4 years ago
    Quoted from mainelycoasters:

I may end up buying a pin at this show who knows! Have to make some calls!

Who you going to call?

#873 4 years ago

Ghostbusters.

#874 4 years ago
    Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

I'm going to shoot to bring Champion Pub, have to over night 4 leg bolt plates (all are stripped) but it serves upa some punches real niiiice.
    My 1990 Gottlieb Hoops will be in free play (not for sale)- PLAY THIS GAME. It is awesome and you will be hard pressed to find another.
    And i'm not on the list....so there is two more. Gabe, you got a text coming your way.

Thanks man your awsome! Keep them coming guys.

#875 4 years ago

I may have one or 2 more coming that aren't on the list. Maybe even 3..

#876 4 years ago
    Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

I got 4 new leg plates for you. No need to order. Just get me a drink at the bar. I put them in my pinbot so I won't forget to bring them with me.

#877 4 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

Who you going to call?

When there's trouble you call DW!

#878 4 years ago

I have a Taxi machine which is in Westford, MA which I would be willing to bring if I can find a ride for it. My car only fits one machine, and that space is already taken. It's in the basement, but there is easy access to a bulkhead. PM me if you might a space and are coming past my place. (It's at the corner of rt 3 and I495). Thanks

#879 4 years ago

Loading mine up today, between Cyroute and myself , we are bringing up 6 pins from PA. Sounds like New England needs more Pins, So all ours will be for sale!
    Whats the power arrangements, do we need to bring cords and power strips???

#880 4 years ago
    Quoted from 80spit:

Loading mine up today, between Cyroute and myself , we are bringing up 6 pins from PA. Sounds like New England needs more Pins, So all ours will be for sale!
    Whats the power arrangements, do we need to bring cords and power strips???

We have worked hard to figure out what we need for cords and power strips but it would not hurt to have some as backup if need be. Thanks guys

#881 4 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

We will be open for set up at 7am on Friday.

On your website it also says vendor/free play setup on Thursday from 11am-9pm. Is that correct?

I ask because I was going to need 2 trips to get my games there and was planning on bringing some on Thursday then come back with more Friday morning.

#882 4 years ago
    Quoted from docquest:

On your website it also says vendor/free play setup on Thursday from 11am-9pm. Is that correct?
    I ask because I was going to need 2 trips to get my games there and was planning on bringing some on Thursday then come back with more Friday morning.

I will be basically living at the hotel from Wednesday till Sunday lol. Set up will be Thursday starting at 9am till 9pm and Saturday at 7am till show time and when ever people get there we will make room.

#883 4 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

I will be basically living at the hotel from Wednesday till Sunday lol. Set up will be Thursday starting at 9am till 9pm and Saturday at 7am till show time and when ever people get there we will make room.

Sounds good, I'll buy you a drink on Thursday.
    Thanks again for all the hard work your guys did to get the show together.
    It will be great to finally have local show.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that a few more locals overcome the inertia to bring a game.

#884 4 years ago

Just got off the phone with Jen. WOZ 75th should be boxed on Tuesday. Play a brand new WOZ 75th factory fresh at the show!

#885 4 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

It's official!
    image.jpg

Just printed my official Pintastic pain in the ass badge. I couldn't be more excited!

#886 4 years ago

Man, don't get to see Paul reveres house or what!!?? So much history! So little time!!!

#887 4 years ago

I'm bringing one pin . Prob a dumb question but you guys have carts or a dolly there for all to use? I'm coming solo

#888 4 years ago

WOZ has arrived for the dedication to Mass General on Wednesday! Can't wait

image.jpg

#889 4 years ago

If it looks 3-D, that's because IT IS!
    ARE YOU READY TO RUMBLE AT PINTASTIC!?

trophy 1.jpgtrophy 2.jpgtrophy 3.jpgtrophy 4.jpg

#890 4 years ago
    Quoted from DarkTruth:

you guys have carts or a dolly there for all to use?

You won't have any trouble borrowing one or getting help. Lots of great pinball people out there.

#891 4 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

You won't have any trouble borrowing one or getting help. Lots of great pinball people out there.

I will certainly have a dolly with me, so feel free to tap me on the shoulder and use it.

#892 4 years ago

I'm as happy as,,,

download (1).jpg

#893 4 years ago

Say goodbye to your balls.....it's PINTASTIC PINGOLF!

TROPHY 5.jpgTROPHY 6.jpgTROPHY 7.jpg

#894 4 years ago

I would win third place on purpose just to get that Indy trophy. Sweet.

#895 4 years ago

Those are stupendous! But for me this would be more appropriate trophy and indicative of my abilities:

OT482660S.jpg

#896 4 years ago

Wow, those trophies looking incredible.

#897 4 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

THIS IS THE FINAL WEEK TILL PINTASTIC!
    Ok guys we are at 122 games in free play. After reviewing the list of people bringing games I have to say I am very disappointed in the local collector community. Only 42 collectors are making up that 122 games. You guys have wanted a show in New England for how many years and now you have one. I know there are at least 300 collectors in the New England area. A show can not be great with out the support of local collectors. So this is it please rent a u-haul, jam one into your SUV or car, get together with a friend. We need more games and this is it time has run out! Thank you to those 42 people you know who you are.

I made a reply on FB but I feel I should re-post here.

I understand the frustration you must feel but please keep in mind there are many people attending who have never seen 100+ machines in one place before and are going to be thrilled to have that many games to play.
    Judging by your updates, you appear to be coordinating a great event and are trying to foster an atmosphere that both newbies and old timers will enjoy.
    May this be the start of something great.

---In a year or two, I hope to have the space and means for my own machine. I’d like to have a nearby event to haul it to

and to the 42+ folks bringing their games THANK YOU!!!

#898 4 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

Who you going to call?

My bank to make funds available. I will be on the hunt for things that can do well in the Wild. Working to bring pinball to more locations around me. The more people in the hobby the better the hobby will be. More people Buy games the more new games we will see from people like Stern Jack and many others. Even if people just enjoy playing them we can get more locations like Lanes and Games, Pinwiz and keep pinball around for the next generation!

#899 4 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

WOZ has arrived for the dedication to Mass General on Wednesday! Can't wait
    image.jpg

My Wife and I plan to be there. More details will come out then!

#900 4 years ago
    Quoted from DarkTruth:

I'm bringing one pin . Prob a dumb question but you guys have carts or a dolly there for all to use? I'm coming solo

I would be happy to help you set up. I am going to be around Thursday to just help out anywhere I can!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 125.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 18.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    CzTV Mods
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 369.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 239.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 11.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 40.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 99.00
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 28.75
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 8,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball Shop
    $ 10.95
    $ 60.00
    Playfield - Plastics
    Vandelay Industries
    $ 24.00
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 26.95
    $ 295.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    ...redshiftLED
    $ 89.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 44.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    There are 1302 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 27.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside