(Topic ID: 100254)

Pintastic New England 2015! Thank You Everyone!!!

By Pinfidel

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 1,302 posts
  • 125 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by beelzeboob
  • Topic is favorited by 35 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“So, who's pumped and in?”

• It's about time and I'll be there. 60 votes
      63%
    • This is great and I hope I can make it. 35 votes
      37%

(95 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

There have been 172 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_11621.jpg
    tumblr_mmhiwc7hse1s0o92ao1_250.gif
    Panoramic_View_of_Free_Playjpg_1.jpg
    IMG_1043_1.jpg
    IMG_1009_1.jpg
    IMG_1006_1.jpg
    IMG_0995_2.jpg
    IMG_0995_2.jpg
    01eff6d9216547746ffe57f56b1751df0c9628bb56.jpg
    0182fe85774db01fb93c0b913aa01e96bf7f22b442.jpg
    0170f3b0bdd6b715cdf1a1d0c27fa48fdf56a138d0_1.jpg
    0125b77e306f31644c26a84ff174744c26ec69f481.jpg
    01ef2b887c1a5b41de88808d53443678eb68964681.jpg
    image.jpg
    019d4c585869555c24d614f2cb6f492ebeca5cb235.jpg
    019c21321729a7cafa42eeefa036176ac6af10439a.jpg

There are 1302 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 27.
    #551 4 years ago

Tom it will be my pleasure to meet you! But I would say 75% of the VIP reservations ate for 2x shirts so you may actually blend in lol.

#552 4 years ago
    Quoted from zaphod:

In exactly one month I will finally lose my 'pinball show virginity'. Does Polar Beverages make a 'cherry pop'?
    I have waited so long for this day.
    Finding the right one (ok - the closest) to be my first {I hear you never forget your first!},
    picking out just the right stained t-shirt to wear (should it be sort of white?),
    stocking up on my favorite french cologne ( Eau de Saco River ) so I can play without stopping for trivial stuff like hygiene!
    Doing curls with BOTH arms to be in better shape for lifting those 22oz foamy beverages at the Friday night shindig,
    and deciding which pair of steel toed boots are best for dancing with the band Saturday eve.
    With all the great going-ons, I would like to add one more fantastic Pintastic incentive for pinheads from Maine. I would like to buy ONE adult beverage for the pinner that attends from the farthest reaches of the Pinetree State and one for the Mainer that brings a machine the farthest. Adults only, minors may substitute a tasty Polar beverage (vendor plug!). So look me up, I be volunteering and attending each day. I be the older, greying, heavyset guy so I should stand out and be easy to ID.
    So as I said 8 months ago and have been jacked ever since: http://www.youtube.com/embed/6BNjHVl90Us?autoplay=1&rel=0
    Tom

Tom, you always crack me up! LOLOL You should write a book or something. Ha!

We're so excited that your coming and volunteering your time with us. That said, we also realize that many volunteers will be coming from great distances to attend Pintastic and it's just impossible for them to make it out for an event meet up before the show. So as our volunteers arrive, be it Thursday, Friday, w/e, we will walk you through the event facility and get you acquainted with it as well as get you time slotted into a position/job that you would prefer to do.

Thanks again Tom. It's really great that you're finally breaking your pin-show virginity. And the fact that you're going to volunteer to boot says a lot about you my friend. So thank you so very much for the help and support. We love all of you for helping us out. Simply can't do it without our great pinball family. So thank you one and all.

Edit: I'm a 2x-er!

#553 4 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

Tom it will be my pleasure to meet you! But I would say 75% of the VIP reservations ate for 2x shirts so you may actually blend in lol.

Wow. And I thought I'd be the fattest person there.

#554 4 years ago

Pintastic New England will have a very EXCITING announcement tomorrow! Because of this new announcement we will be extending our VIP and SBR packages one more week!!

Please stay tuned we are not DONE yet!!!!

#555 4 years ago
    Quoted from zaphod:

In exactly one month I will finally lose my 'pinball show virginity'.

What a great show to lose it at too. Blood initiation, goat ride.

Time of your life coming up ! You are in for a treat !

LTG : )

#556 4 years ago

If anyone needs help loading up or transporting their games, please reach out on this thread. There are lots of awesome pin family members who I'm sure would be than happy to help facilitate you in getting your game to the show.

Thanks to all the great companies who are supporting Pintastic by providing us with prizes for the show, we have officially upped the Free Play "Thank You" Raffle prizes to 10 each day.

Here is our prize pack list. Pretty impressive for sure. A huge shout out and thanks to all the pinball companies who are supporting us in this. Thank you!

1....$100 CASH
    2...Rock custom pinball under cabinet kit your choice. $90 value
    3...Rock custom pinball under cabinet kit your choice. $90 value
    4...Jillian's Worcester $100 VIP gift card
    5...PinGraffix $75 gift card
    6...PinGraffix $75 gift card
    7...Comet pinball prize pack $50 value
    8...Titan Pinball prize pack $50 value
    9...Mezel Mods $50 gift card
    10. Marco Specialties prize pack $50 value

#557 4 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

Pintastic New England will have a very EXCITING announcement tomorrow evening! Because of this new announcement we will be extending our VIP and SBR packages one more week!!

doooooooo tell

#558 4 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

Pintastic New England will have a very EXCITING announcement tomorrow evening! Because of this new announcement we will be extending our VIP and SBR packages one more week!!

Can we guess?

#559 4 years ago

Sure guess, discuss, and talk about who or what it could be. Sound like fun!

#560 4 years ago

Magic Girl is on it way

#561 4 years ago
    Quoted from shlockdoc:

Magic Girl is on it way

Nope...Even if they wanted to bring it I don't think I would allow it. The whole situation has left a bad taste in my mouth.

#562 4 years ago

Just popping in, that I made my flight reservations, and excited to join in, and meet lots of you in person!

...an honest to God vacation!...and Pintastic!

Look for me at the Bar....or on the floor at the Bar...I am stoked to be coming!

#563 4 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Just popping in, that I made my flight reservations, and excited to join in, and meet lots of you in person!
    Look for me at the Bar....or on the floor at the Bar...I am stoked to be coming!

Looking forward to meeting you.

#564 4 years ago

I anyone from Maine planing to bring any games?

#565 4 years ago
    Quoted from Jared:

Looking forward to meeting you.

It will be my pleasure!

Derek said I can have an open Tab on him at the Bar!

#566 4 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Yay cant wait to c you again art

#567 4 years ago
    Quoted from mainelycoasters:

I anyone from Maine planing to bring any games?

Maine has a ton of great collectors. I really hope ME will be well represented at the show.

#568 4 years ago

anyone from Maine planing to bring any games?

JR? I know you have a few lying around in your basement!

#569 4 years ago

Hmm. Wii Girl surprise presenter.

#570 4 years ago
    Quoted from eabundy:

Hmm. Wii Girl surprise presenter.
    200.gif

She was not available that weekend. Bummer

#571 4 years ago

anyone from Maine planing to bring any games?

Quoted from dannunz:

If anyone needs help loading up or transporting their games, please reach out

I may be able to assist anyone from Maine and points south transport a game to or from Pintastic. I have an empty, conversion van with some seats removed so there tons of cushioned space. I have been cautioned not too bring to much home so I only need room to bring ONE home. Live in Portland area, work in Bangor area - headed to Pintastic from Portland on Thursday just after Dunkin' opens and returning Sunday once the head clears! So if I can assist, let me know. Would appreciate some help with gas (12 mpg - ugh) but nothing else except loading/unloading. I have a dolly and lift table if needed.

So Mainers, come to Pintastic, fall in love with a machine and buy it - particularly a nice EM, I can help you get it home and then in a while we can deal, swap, and trade! Let's move these machines downeast!

#572 4 years ago

Yes guys we still are in need for a bunch more games. Please bring what you can because with out games there is no show!

#573 4 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

She was not available that weekend. Bummer

I'm Sensing a bait and switch.

#574 4 years ago

^^^ that be a 2X shirt size for sure!

#575 4 years ago
    Quoted from zaphod:

^^^ that be a 2X shirt size for sure!

That's what I was thinking.

#576 4 years ago

Back to the topic at hand lol. What seminar are you guys most excited to see at the show?

#577 4 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

Back to the topic at hand lol. What seminar are you guys most excited to see at the show?

Seminar???

Yeesh. Sounds too much like work. I'm gonna kick back with a beer and watch you and Derek run around like maniacs trying to keep this thing afloat. Worth the price of admission!

#578 4 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

Debbie does New England... O wait wrong seminar sorry

#579 4 years ago
    Quoted from lllvjr:

That's a semenar.

#580 4 years ago
    Quoted from lllvjr:

You mean Lloyd does New England! Bring on the cheese pump!

#581 4 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Too Funny Art!!!

Thank you for all your support of the show. Comet has donated a great stash of LEDs for prizes and raffles at Pintastic. Make sure you support them New England because he is supporting us.

Can't wait to finally meet and shake hands with the legend!

#582 4 years ago

Looking forward to the Friday night seminar at the bar. This will be me by the end of the night.

#583 4 years ago

How about a hint on the new announcement?

#584 4 years ago

There's a new announcement to the announcement. The pre announcement

#586 4 years ago
    Quoted from zaphod:

I may be able to assist anyone from Maine and points south transport a game to or from Pintastic.

That's super nice of you Tom. Thanks for that. I know a lot of people do stuff like this for shows around the country, esp. Allentown.

I hope a lot more pin family can hook up and help eachother out, split the gas costs, car pool it or even share a hotel room. Great way to have fun along the way and get to know someone better. Maybe even make a new best friend.

That's how Gabe and I became best friends. We drove together for the first time to Allentown last year. Split the costs of everything. It was that drive that Pintastic was talked about between us for the first time. And even though I told him...SCREW THAT! YOU'RE NUTS! I AIN'T DOING ALL THAT WORK! It was on our way home from Jack Guarnieri's open house party in August that we decided to do the show together.

At that event, we talked to Ivan from Allentown Pinfest and drilled him with questions for over an hour. (Love you Ivan brothah! Thanks for all your help and advice. There never would've been a PNE without you my friend!) On the ride home from that event, we decide to jump in and do Pintastic. That's when Pintastic New England was born!

So you never know what could come from a car pool trek out to a pin show.

#587 4 years ago

As you know, guys (and as I told Derek on the phone), I would love to help you out as a volunteer. But I'm already pushing it with my wife who has joined me in Allentown, will be there at PNE, and at ReplayFX. If I had pushed this show to even a two night stay, it would have created some frowny faces around my house. While I'm there, I'm happy to help, though!

#588 4 years ago

Oh...one question: Will you guys have lanyards or just wristbands for this show? I was going to print out my Pinside badge if you have lanyards, but I'm not wearing that if it's wristbands like Allentown. I don't need any help looking like a douchebag.

#589 4 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

As you know, guys (and as I told Derek on the phone), I would love to help you out as a volunteer. But I'm already pushing it with my wife who has joined me in Allentown, will be there at PNE, and at ReplayFX. If I had pushed this show to even a two night stay, it would have created some frowny faces around my house. While I'm there, I'm happy to help, though!

No way bro. We're happy you and your wife are coming. Do not want you volunteering. You enjoy the show with your wife, otherwise you may really step in some serious s&@t!

Make sure you tell her, the hotel is on a lake and has it's own beautiful sandy beach. If she gets bored, she can go lay out in the sun and swim and relax. That's what we are hoping for. That wives will come with their husbands and lay out on the beach and relax if they get bored. We want FAMILIES at Pintastic. Pintastic will be the countries premiere Family pinball show. That's our goal.

#590 4 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Oh...one question: Will you guys have lanyards or just wristbands for this show? I was going to print out my Pinside badge if you have lanyards, but I'm not wearing that if it's wristbands like Allentown. I don't need any help looking like a douchebag.

Everyone will be wearing a wristband. Wristbands prevent people from sneaking into the show because they're highly visible. You don't see a person's wrist band. You know they snuck in.

Lanyards are limited to our Event Staff, Vendors, Sponsors, Speakers, VIP and TSP (Tournament Super Pass) people. But if you wanted to print up your Pinside badge and put it in your own lanyard, that's cool. I would love to see everyone wearing some sort of name tag that shows everyone your Pinside handle. I did at Allentown.

#591 4 years ago

Awaiting the announcement

popcorn.gif
    #592 4 years ago
    Quoted from Pinfidel:

We want FAMILIES at Pintastic. Pintastic will be the countries premiere Family pinball show. That's our goal

I applaud your efforts with this. It's is how I was able to promote the trip up to my wife as a family affair.

Looking forward to it!

#593 4 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

People who have purchased a VIP package or TSP package will have lanyards and badges with what ever they want printed on them.

#594 4 years ago

Hint#1 The announcement is a speaker and a vendor!

#595 4 years ago
    Quoted from mbott1701:

I applaud your efforts with this. It's is how I was able to promote the trip up to my wife as a family affair.
    Looking forward to it!

I'm excited to hear this. This is spot on and thank you to you and your family.

I'm now trying to add a few kids carnival rides...ALL FREE with your admission!

Stay tuned!

#596 4 years ago
    Quoted from mbott1701:

It's is how I was able to promote the trip up to my wife as a family affair.

There is tons of stuff within an hours drive for families. Six Flags for us coaster freaks, shopping galore and one I have not seen discussed much is Old Sturbridge Village - a living history museum - just across the road a piece. When my kids were young we spent a day there and we still discuss some things learned. Spent over an hour working with the cooper in his shop as he made barrels. I got to see the work and the tools my grandfather would have used on the family self sufficient farm in pre-1900. Harvested his own wood, cut the staves, made his own hoops in his blacksmith shop -- all to pack his apples - 20 varieties - and send them off to Boston. Saw how they made their own tools or had to buy from England. And unlike Plymouth, they speak today's lingo connecting then to today. Polar (<cloaked vendor plug) opposite of the pinball event. Culture! - me be playing pinball though!

#597 4 years ago
    Quoted from mbott1701:

It's is how I was able to promote the trip up to my wife as a family affair.

I think I said it once before, and I'll say it again. Nearby the show is also my favorite BBQ joint in the entire country (that says something) called BT's Smokehouse. Also nearby is a darn good microbrewery called the Rapscallion Brewery with some great brews and an awesome disc golf course playing around the property and through their orchards. I drive to Sturbridge with and without the family because I like it so much there.

But anyways, back to the announcement...

speech...

Speech...

SPEECH...

arrested-development-speech-speech-speech.gif
    #598 4 years ago

Thanks guys.

I wanted to come either way, it's just nicer to have the whole family involved with a summer trip.

I have family in N. Andover and have driven past Sturbridge many times... it'll be nice to stop and see things in southern Mass this trip, tho.

#599 4 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

let me know if you change your mind beez I got lotsa tips....

#600 4 years ago

Hint #2 they are bringing 2 pinball machines.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 5.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 50.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Just 3D Mods
    € 45.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    YOYOKOPTER MODS
    $ 29.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 7.65
    Cabinet Parts
    Third Coast Pinball
    $ 14.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 19.95
    Hardware
    CPR Playfields
    $ 14.95
    $ 63.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 189.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 23.25
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    The MOD Couple
    $ 29.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 14.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 9.95
    £ 20.00
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 35.00
    Playfield - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    There are 1302 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 27.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside