(Topic ID: 100254)

Pintastic New England 2015! Thank You Everyone!!!

By Pinfidel

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 1,302 posts
  • 125 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by beelzeboob
  • Topic is favorited by 35 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“So, who's pumped and in?”

• It's about time and I'll be there. 60 votes
      63%
    • This is great and I hope I can make it. 35 votes
      37%

(95 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

There have been 172 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_11621.jpg
    tumblr_mmhiwc7hse1s0o92ao1_250.gif
    Panoramic_View_of_Free_Playjpg_1.jpg
    IMG_1043_1.jpg
    IMG_1009_1.jpg
    IMG_1006_1.jpg
    IMG_0995_2.jpg
    IMG_0995_2.jpg
    01eff6d9216547746ffe57f56b1751df0c9628bb56.jpg
    0182fe85774db01fb93c0b913aa01e96bf7f22b442.jpg
    0170f3b0bdd6b715cdf1a1d0c27fa48fdf56a138d0_1.jpg
    0125b77e306f31644c26a84ff174744c26ec69f481.jpg
    01ef2b887c1a5b41de88808d53443678eb68964681.jpg
    image.jpg
    019d4c585869555c24d614f2cb6f492ebeca5cb235.jpg
    019c21321729a7cafa42eeefa036176ac6af10439a.jpg

There are 1302 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 27.
    #1 4 years ago

Well, Dannunz (Gabe) and I (Derek) have put our heads and our wallets together and we have secured a great location to have our first annual Pinball Expedition right here in...New England!!!

The dates we have tentatively secured are Thurs-Saturday, July 9th through the 11th, 2015! We thought this would be the perfect time to hold the event because the weather is perfect, the kids are out of school and people like to take their family vacations in July. What better way to spend some of your family vacation than to get out and play a whole lot of pinball together?

That said, we want to hear from our Pinside family and see who'll be pumped up, geared up and looking forward to coming to the show. We want you ALL to come!

We'll also be looking for help from whoever would like to assist us with the various tasks required to run a show of this magnitude.

We are hoping to have over a thousand people at the event along with tons of machines and lots of vendors to support New England. Our area has been starving for this type of event and the time has finally come. We will now have our very own Pinball extravaganza!

Additional, we are actively looking for vendors and top sponsors (Please PM us if you are interested) who want to come and be a part of a new and annual tradition right here in New England! We're looking for dealers, parts companies, modders, LED suppliers, operators and EVERYONE to join in on the fun! We already have some awesome sponsors in place and some of the exciting news will be forth coming. We promise that we are going all out, all in and doing everything we can to make this a huge and unforgettable event.

We want to have a lot of machines at the event for free play, so anyone who brings a machine will get free admission to the show. 1 free admission per machine, per day. All machines must be set on free play (Except for vendors) for any and all to play. You know the drill.

Also, we have secured a large area outside in the nice flat, tarred parking lot for the flea market area. Everyone loves the flea market. It's one of the highlights of a show. So, we wanted to make sure we got a place that had a huge area for it with plenty of parking for all.

For those who will be coming from a distance, we found a convention center that is centrally located in the central Massachusetts area with great highway access right off of Rt 90 (The MA. Pike) and I-84. We are working on securing discounted rates in the adjoining hotel. this will be getting worked on over the next few weeks. Once the rates are finalized, we will give the exact location and put it up on our website (Being worked on) with a link to the hotel website and other various area amenities.

We told them that we wanted them to give everyone a great rate because people are going to want to stay right there at the event. The hotel looks to be very nice with the amenities you'd expect from a top hotel. There's a heated indoor pool with Jacuzzi hot tub, two on site restaurants, a large seating area for relaxing, all overlooking a beautiful lake! Everything in the convention area is also air conditioned and carpeted to give some cushioning as you walk. Now that's a big plus!

We are working on getting a nice website together with the events name and links to all those sponsoring and coming to the event. We know it's early, but this is very exciting and we want everyone to be excited with us.

#2 4 years ago

Great news! It will be wonderful having a convention so close to home!

#3 4 years ago

That is awesome! I visit my home state, Maine, for a couple of weeks every year during July. I will swing down for a day or two. Atlanta had it's first gaming event, Sothern Fried Gaming Expo this year and it was a huge success.

Kickstarter for PNE anyone? Count me in.

#4 4 years ago

Best of Luck! A Great Area in need of a Show!

#5 4 years ago

All I have to say is thank you guys for making It happen!!!!! I may have to figure out how to move them but I want to bring two of mine to the show. Panthera will not do free play sadly. I did not get the new mpu for it. Amazing Spider-man, Space Invaders, and Rollercoaster tycoon all are doing free play in my home. I would be happy to bring one maybe even two if I can figure out transport issues by then. I hope to have more machines too by then.

#6 4 years ago

Thanks guys. This is coming together fast and we just want to have a huge successful event that we can hold annually for the area. It's tough too because you want to be respectful and not overlap anyone else's show/event. We felt like July would be a perfect month for it. What do you guys think?

#7 4 years ago

Awesome! I'll be there for sure.

#8 4 years ago

Oh it will be so nice to have a local location.
    Try to involve places like The Pinball Wizard in Pelham, NH.

#9 4 years ago

Sarah is a wonderful person and a true testament to keeping pinball alive in New England. I want to go and speak to her directly and get her to come and hopefully bring a bunch of machines.

That said, we have already spoken to several vendors who have committed to coming and we'll speak to many more. We really want to make this show a premier pinball event destination.

#10 4 years ago

Nice!!!! Although it sucks it's a year away

#11 4 years ago
    Quoted from thedarkknight77:

Nice!!!! Although it sucks it's a year away

LOL I know, but we needed to have it when the weather was nice as well as at a time where it didn't overlap other events. Allentown is AWESOME and that's in May. JJP has an August event and October is York PA. Chicago Expo is Oct too, so it's tough to work around them you know.

We're also announcing it now to give people the heads up to potentially plan their family vacation around it as well as drum up excitement and spread the word to non pinheads. We really want to make this an event that brings new people/blood into the hobby. That's great for everyone.

#12 4 years ago

Pinfidel just an idea but if people are coming and planing to bring one or two machines with them maybe we could have a running post so we don't end up with a bunch of the same stuff. I own 4 hope to own 6 by that time building up and Sarah has some that I want. I would be happy to make sure not to bring something some one else is if I can.

#13 4 years ago

Almost all of the machines that people will bring will be for sale. You may see 5 of the same machine at an event and they'll probably all be for sale. So even if there's a bunch of the same machine, it's all good. That said, if you have any machines you want to sell come show time, bring them. There's no charge to you and you'll get in for free.

#14 4 years ago

Everyone bring games...vendors bring parts....its going to be one big party.

We have lots of really cool things in the works.

#15 4 years ago

What do you guys want to see at the show? Your suggestions are important yo us!

#16 4 years ago

Sounds like fun Any indoor space set aside for flea market? Allentown does this and it may be a good idea in case of rain or a 100° July day on a tar parking lot.

#17 4 years ago

We are limited to the space we have indoors. The flee market will mainly be held out side. The out door space will be cheaper and larger to accommodate a flee market environment. Indoor vendor space will be available to who ever wants to set up inside. Thanks

#18 4 years ago

Count me in.

#19 4 years ago

I love this idea, and the timing of the show. You can plan on me bringing machines for free play and I will help out as well. The show will be less than an hour from me. I'm excited for you guys, and to have a show so close.

#20 4 years ago
    Quoted from eabundy:

I love this idea, and the timing of the show. You can plan on me bringing machines for free play and I will help out as well. The show will be less than an hour from me. I'm excited for you guys, and to have a show so close.

Thanks Eric! This was originally your idea and a great one it was. It takes a lot to get something like this going, both in time and in money. But we know we have the best people of any hobby here in pinball. So we knew that tons of people would come, help and support the show. We're expecting nothing less than a great event.

#21 4 years ago

I'm in Philly these days, but from NH originally. So excited to see a show closer to my hometown!

#22 4 years ago

If you guys need to gather cash I'd back a kickstarter...

#23 4 years ago
    Quoted from yzfguy:

Sounds like fun Any indoor space set aside for flea market? Allentown does this and it may be a good idea in case of rain or a 100° July day on a tar parking lot.

We've already had a few people ask us this. I will say that there were some trees around so I believe there may be some points during the day that are in the shade.

I'm trying to go to the facility this afternoon to start mapping out a floor plan. If the lady can meet with me, I'll be sure to check that area again and take some pictures so we can get them added to the web site. But please feel free to bring and put up a shade structure in your spot if you think it will help. There's plenty of room for that.

#24 4 years ago
    Quoted from Mocean:

If you guys need to gather cash I'd back a kickstarter...

That's really appreciated Mocean and thank you!

Honestly, New Englanders have long supported a lot of various companies within the hobby. We are fully expecting for all those same companies to get behind the show and now support New England. We really believe the show is going to be huge success and a ton of fun.

#25 4 years ago

Very happy to be reading this as a MA resident, I'll be there.
    Dan

#26 4 years ago
    Quoted from Arcadedl:

Very happy to be reading this as a MA resident, I'll be there.
    Dan

Were happy to have you Dan.....bring you friends and family!

#27 4 years ago

Awesome Dan and thanks brothah! The event is about an hour from you. Of course that doesn't factor in that 128 traffic. That can be a nightmare!

#28 4 years ago

Soooooo down for this. Next work you two!

I'll likely be bringing a machine or two to the event as well.

#29 4 years ago

Great work and Idea. Count the guys from PinGraffix IN!

#30 4 years ago
    Quoted from joeraptor2003:

That's great guys you will be a welcome addition!

#31 4 years ago

Just left our venue doing final planning for the show. Very exciting we have secured a great rate on the rooms.

More details in a few hours.

#32 4 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

What do you guys want to see at the show? Your suggestions are important yo us!

A tournament. This will draw in even more players, and there are plenty of New England pinheads dedicated to making a tourney run smoothly.

Good news, sounds fun. I know an event recently was attempted and squashed, so my hats off to you for sticking the pedal down and pushing forward. Here's hoping that everyone pitches in to make this a success. Looking forward to the updates.

cheers! James

#33 4 years ago
    Quoted from joeraptor2003:

Thanks Joe! We need all the support we can get and we're working out space pricing now. Hopefully we have all the info soon.

BTW, I love the South Park inside cabinet decals I got from you in Allentown. They look awesome and I'm hoping you guys will have something for NASCAR come show time!

#34 4 years ago
    Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

A tournament. This will draw in even more players, and there are plenty of New England pinheads dedicated to making a tourney run smoothly.
    Good news, sounds fun. I know an event recently was attempted and squashed, so my hats off to you for sticking the pedal down and pushing forward. Here's hoping that everyone pitches in to make this a success. Looking forward to the updates.
    cheers! James

Hey James, a Tourney will definitely be part of the show and any help and ideas for that are more than welcome.

We want this to be YOUR show. We want to get New England on the Pin-Map! If you want it, we'll do our best to have it or get it.

#35 4 years ago

Update time...Well, it's now locked and 100% official. We spent a lot of time haggling and beating them down on the room prices. I told them that Pinheads will fill the hotel and take it over!

They have 220 total rooms in the hotel and we got them to agree to block off 50 rooms for each of the three nights of the event for only $99 a night! I tried to get them to include breakfast, but they flat out laughed and said, "Ain't happening." Oh well, I tried. They do have a great breakfast buffet for only $10.95 though, so it's all good.

Thursday is set up day, so a lot of vendors are going to pounce on those rooms at the discounted price. I know it's early, but I encourage anyone thinking of going to book ASAP.

We asked how late the indoor pool and hot tub were open till and she told us that if we can get most of the place rented out, she will leave the indoor pool and hot tub open for us till 12pm!!! There's nothing better than soaking in a hot tub after being on your feet all day. Ahhhhhhh. LOL

Anyway, the rooms will be available on Monday. She is going to put in a discount code for us. The code is "Pinball". You'll need to use that code in order to get that $99 rate.

I will be contacting our hotel liaison to see how the rooms are selling out as time goes along and I'll update you here.

Once those first 50 rooms are booked, I'll then try to get them to block off another 50 rooms for us at the same discounted price. She said she didn't see that as being a problem. After that though, it's going to get tough to get that discounted rate. So, we'll see what happens.

So, that is our first update for you and I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

Hotel link... http://www.sturbridgehosthotel.com/

#36 4 years ago

If you want to see how a public event is handled at this place, try...
    http://www.newenglandshakeup.com/
    I attended the Shake-Up last year and was able to check out a lot of it without paying the admission.

I'll be thinking about what I can do to help with the Pinball Event. I've helped the Pinball Expo since their first year,
    but there's more I could do for an event that's within a nearby drive.
    .................David Marston
    (Co-founder of New England PinFest, which ran 1991-1995)

#37 4 years ago
    Quoted from dmarston:

If you want to see how a public event is handled at this place, try...
    http://www.newenglandshakeup.com/
    I attended the Shake-Up last year and was able to check out a lot of it without paying the admission.
    I'll be thinking about what I can do to help with the Pinball Event. I've helped the Pinball Expo since their first year,
    but there's more I could do for an event that's within a nearby drive.
    .................David Marston
    (Co-founder of New England PinFest, which ran 1991-1995)

Thanks David...anything you can do to help will be much appreciated. Let's keep in touch.

#38 4 years ago

I'll plan a New England trip around this. Sounds great.

#39 4 years ago

Sorry guys but I get hyped up when I hear ......New England

image-621.jpg

GO PATRIOTS !!!!!

#40 4 years ago
    Quoted from mulder2010:

I'll plan a New England trip around this. Sounds great.

That's great mulder! Our goal is to make the New England show a pinballer's destination event for sure. It may take a few years of trial and error, great reviews and proven results before that happens, but we'll do our best.

In the end, we want to tailor this show around what our fellow pinheads want to see and have every year.

For now we'll go under the premise of "If you build it, they will come."

#41 4 years ago

Bah, I will be in Laconia that weekend... Must,,, invent,,, clone,,,,,,.....

Great news though and thank you PF for pulling this together!!

#42 4 years ago

Is anyone willing to volunteer doing a u stream live feed from the show?

#43 4 years ago
    Quoted from Patofnaud:

Bah, I will be in Laconia that weekend... Must,,, invent,,, clone,,,,,,.....
    Great news though and thank you PF for pulling this together!!

LMAO! Good luck with the cloning idea brothah! Too bad bro, it's gonna be an awesome time and we'll miss ya, but enjoy your weekend as well.

#44 4 years ago

I'll be at Funspot kicking the broken pins they have, which is most all of them.

#45 4 years ago

Our website just went live 30 minutes ago. Don't get too excited, it's still all under construction. We're getting there though. We spent several hours going over it tonight. Hopefully by this time next week it will be completed.

Here's the site link... http://www.pintasticnewengland.com/

#46 4 years ago

Hey, you're making progress. Besides a trip to Pelham, or Cambridge, any places to play in central, MA?

#47 4 years ago
    Quoted from mulder2010:

Hey, you're making progress. Besides a trip to Pelham, or Cambridge, any places to play in central, MA?

Those are the two best places to play. We hope both Sara from the pinball wizard arcade and Mike from lanes and game have a solid presence at pintastic!

#48 4 years ago

This is an exciting announcement...

Anyone who knows James Swain or the guys from the amazing Pinball Sanctum, know that these pinheads know how to run a tourney and do a incredible job with it. They have gotten together and have offered to run the Inaugural Pintastic 2015 tournament. This is awesome news! You can count on the tournament being a TON of fun for sure with the guys at the helm.

I would also like to say that I am going to be working hard to get a major company to sponsor the tourney. My sincerest hope is that I can get a few companies to band together and get a large amount of prize money together. We know that if we can somehow manage to pull $5-$10K in prize money, the best pin players from all around will come to play.

So please, if there are any companies out there that see this and you'd like to sponsor the tournament, please PM me and let me know.

We are working on the website and working on sponsorship tier rates for sponsors who want to help promote the event as well. We have several in place already and truly thank everyone.

I'd be remiss if I did not say this now...
    The out pouring of excitement and offered help from people and sponsors for the event has been nothing short of amazing! Gabe and I are both simply blown away by how excited everyone is for Pintastic 2015. Our sincerest thanks go out to all of you, our extended pin family because the fact of the matter is, there is NO show and NO event with out ALL OF YOU!

Thank you...EVERYONE!

#49 4 years ago

What would you guys like to see at the show?

#50 4 years ago

I'm ready for the party! Besides the tournament let me know if you need anything else. Along with with suggestions for the guys for the show what about tournament format? We can do bracket style, knockout elimination, Match play, pingolf. Maybe even work out some kinks for some crazy other formats we've been brainstorming on.

I will be in touch later this week Derek to talk out some stuff.

-Jim

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 99.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Docquest Pinball Mods
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 5,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 16.95
    Playfield - Protection
    ULEKstore
    $ 20.00
    Various Other Swag
    Project Pinball Charity
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 57.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinBoss Mods
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 19.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Lighting - Interactive
    Pinball Z
    $ 349.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 129.00
    Lighting - Led
    LED OCD
    $ 999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 27.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 4.95
    Apparel - Unisex
    ULEKstore
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Bright Lights Pinball
    $ 30.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 48.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    There are 1302 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 27.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside