(Topic ID: 52877)

You asked for it, you got it .... Lengthy WOZ gameplay video!

By gweempose

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 114 posts
  • 64 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by B9
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

You_Da_Man.jpg

There are 114 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 10 years ago

Each day I turn more and more into a believer of WOZ. Still doesn't fit in with my collection due to theme, but I sure wish one of my friends near me would buy one!!!

#52 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

It absolutely did. That's how he got rescue multiball. The monkey came down and grabbed the ball in the rear of the playfield.

Excellent! I was watching on a dark monitor that wasn't showing the back of the playfield in much detail. This is an amazing game!!!

#53 10 years ago

Brian, so I watched your vid... nice job...and I could turn my laptop on its side so no sore neck.. LOL...

THEN, I read the posts on your thread...hair hair hair, Hmmmm I musta missed that !

I'm figuring its a reflection in the BB or something, nope, so I watched it again...

And then spit Crown Royal outta my nose....

DUDE, there is something growing outta ur forehead, you should get that checked, you don't want to give that to your wife LOL....

Great vid....thanks for doing it.... looks much snappier and more fun than any of the other vids out there...

Good Job !

And PS: Bow and Arrow !

#54 10 years ago

I'm thinking I should rotate it. I didn't realize you could do that. The problem with rotating it is that it will be so much smaller. Ideally, I'd like to have both versions up on YouTube. Is there any way to do this without re-uploading the video? It took forever the first time.

#55 10 years ago

Very cool. I'm diggin the "save your ball" modes, pretty cool and innovative as far as I know.

#56 10 years ago
Quoted from RawleyD:

Looks like @ 8:45 you got screwed by the Crystal ball popper

Yeah, I'm not sure why the VUK was having problems there. It surely should be designed to deal with two balls. Perhaps the software just need a little tweaking.

#57 10 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

Great job with the video gweem! Thanks.

No shit ! I can't believe the paranoid people who said anyone who posts a video will get major crap from the haters ! What happened ? All I see is support from the community !

Way to go Brian !

#58 10 years ago

Great video Gweempose!

RIP conspiracy theories.

Game looks like a lot of fun--looking forward to a test drive!

#59 10 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I'm thinking I should rotate it. I didn't realize you could do that. The problem with rotating it is that it will be so much smaller. Ideally, I'd like to have both versions up on YouTube. Is there any way to do this without re-uploading the video? It took forever the first time.

No, if you tell YouTube to rotate it, you'll lose the current horizontal version. Now, if you guys download the source video file, a program like VLC can rotate the video for you during playback.

#60 10 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

No shit ! I can't believe the paranoid people who said anyone who posts a video will get major crap from the haters ! What happened ? All I see is support from the community !
Way to go Brian !

Couldn't. Agree. More.

Leave it to Brian to have faith in the Pinside community.

#61 10 years ago

Flying monkey is cool!

#62 10 years ago
Quoted from Sunfox:

No, if you tell YouTube to rotate it, you'll lose the current horizontal version. Now, if you guys download the source video file, a program like VLC can rotate the video for you during playback.

Not only that, but VLC can stream directly using Ctrl+N.

#63 10 years ago

The net benefit of rotating it would be better than any resolution loss.

#64 10 years ago

Thanks for posting the great video.

The crystal ball looks like an awesome toy.

#65 10 years ago

Excellent video! Really shows the ga,e well, nice game btw

#66 10 years ago

Great video ,thanks getting it posted!

For some reason that game reminds me of shrek...

#67 10 years ago

Well done, great looking game.

#68 10 years ago

I agree, I think this toy is the best toy on the playfield. I love the possibilities....

Quoted from movingpictures:

Thanks for posting the great video.
The crystal ball looks like an awesome toy.

#69 10 years ago

I had ruled this game out because of the theme, but after watching that video I have to say
that looks very cool! (I want one)

#70 10 years ago

Does she belt out over the rainbow? Garland was a amazing songstress for her time.

#71 10 years ago

great job, looking forward to mine.

#72 10 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

I had ruled this game out because of the theme, but after watching that video I have to say
that looks very cool! (I want one)

I think it will really be one of the BEST ever with code updates.

#73 10 years ago

I'm currently re-uploading the video. This one I'll rotate. Kind of odd that the YouTube player doesn't have the rotate functionality built in.

#74 10 years ago

Sweet! thanks for posting

#75 10 years ago

Well, that didn't work. It rejected the upload because it was a duplicate of the first video. I guess I'll have to figure out a way to rotate it it first before uploading.

#76 10 years ago

i did what Gerry did... moved my monitor on its side...it looked amazing Gweem!

#77 10 years ago

The rotated version of the video just got done processing:

#78 10 years ago

Looks good. Really good. The animations are definitely getting better and the lighting is awesome. Not 100% sold on gameplay but getting there more and more.

I did see a pretty good vid on Youtube of a standard game. I'm not sure if I like the powdered habitrails or the silver. The silver is nice and shiny. Meh...either way is pretty gorgeous.

#79 10 years ago

Really now this is something worth watching..It looks like a real game and starting to look coherent.

A thought came into my head after watching it.. would have LOVED to see this before all the drama and piecemeal info distributed over the years.. I know it is what it is and why it had to be... BUT - imagine you were out of the hobby for a few years and this is the first you saw of JJP/WOZ??? THAT would be impressive.

#80 10 years ago
Quoted from JoeJet:

Really now this is something worth watching..It looks like a real game and starting to look coherent.
A thought came into my head after watching it.. would have LOVED to see this before all the drama and piecemeal info distributed over the years.. I know it is what it is and why it had to be... BUT - imagine you were out of the hobby for a few years and this is the first you saw of JJP/WOZ??? THAT would be impressive.

To do a game like this in secret would require a big chunk of capital or you would need venture capital. If you go the venture capital route you get the bean counters who want maximum profit i.e..................... well you know what you got.

Jack either didn't have or didn't want to risk all his own money so he crowd sourced it. He took a lot of shit along the way but it is looking like him having 100% control of the company is going to bring a lot of very nice looking innovative pins to market.

#81 10 years ago

Absolutely and I understand why it went this way just saying if we saw this all at once like we see (kind of) with a Stern release it would be so much more impressive.

#82 10 years ago
Quoted from JoeJet:

Absolutely and I understand why it went this way just saying if we saw this all at once like we see (kind of) with a Stern release it would be so much more impressive.

JJ you're right, if they made this game in a vacuum and rolled it out like it is today everyone would be blown away at the work of art WOZ is.

#83 10 years ago

The rotated version of the video just got done processing:
» YouTube video

The best video I've seen of the most advanced and most beautiful pin ever made. Thanks for producing and posting it!

Keith and Joe, if you guys are reading this, it looks like this game is shaping up real nice. I think your names will be for the history books for this (phenomenal) accomplishment. Please convey my sincere thanks to everyone on your teams. You have not disappointed.

And thank you Jack, for making this possible. You da man!!

You_Da_Man.jpgYou_Da_Man.jpg

#84 10 years ago

Great videos gweempose thanks for sharing them with us!!

#85 10 years ago

Thanks for the video. It's getting better and better. Hope I get my game soon.

Pappy

#86 10 years ago

Also I really loved the over the rainbow music. Very different. Great job Chris.

Pappy

#87 10 years ago
Quoted from PappyBoyington:

Also I really loved the over the rainbow music. Very different. Great job Chris.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Chris is the absolute best in the business. In my eyes, there is nobody else even close. Just look at his body of work. It speaks for itself.

#88 10 years ago

I think that your first "O" switch in TOTO needs to be adjusted to be slightly less sensitive -- note at 3:35 how it lights when the ball rolls down the inlane! Seems like this could also trigger auto-plunges if it actuates when a ball is put in the shooter lane.

#89 10 years ago
Quoted from PappyBoyington:

Pappy

I am a little miffed its not Judy though. Maybe they couldn't get the rights to it though. Lorna and Liza might own them.

Video it aces though!

#90 10 years ago

Great video and thanks for posting. Nice to see nobody can talk about flippers anymore. Game plays clean and even quicker then the last time I played one at MPE.

#91 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Nice to see nobody can talk about flippers anymore. Game plays clean and even quicker then the last time I played one at MPE.

The flippers are plenty strong. I don't even have them cranked up all the way.

#92 10 years ago

Funny, we finally see video after all of the "conspiracy" comments and not a single negative comment yet.

To all of those who said the trolls were going to come out if they posted any video, shame on you.

Nice looking game.

#93 10 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

Funny, we finally see video after all of the "conspiracy" comments and not a single negative comment yet.
To all of those who said the trolls were going to come out if they posted any video, shame on you.
Nice looking game.

Significant differences between shipping 1.02 and 1.08 (and tomorrow 1.10) including "modes" which weren't there in 1.02 which was the main negativity points. At this point there isn't anything really for anyone to complain about except constructive changes which we read and in a lot of ways accommodate.

#94 10 years ago

very interesting. sound package is terrible in a few ways for me, the disparate voices of the 'same' character like dorothy. the damn tinkling bell. feels like there are too many sounds, its constant like a video game, everything is firing off a sound, constantly in one long stream with no down time. too dsitracting.

#95 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Significant differences between shipping 1.02 and 1.08 (and tomorrow 1.10) including "modes" which weren't there in 1.02 which was the main negativity points. At this point there isn't anything really for anyone to complain about except constructive changes which we read and in a lot of ways accommodate.

Thanks apologist.

#96 10 years ago

Thank u for posting this. WOZ looks great and fun to play. Hmmm maybe I should not have canceled my order a year ago.

#97 10 years ago

Thanks for posting this video. I actually watched it on my iPhone before the updated/rotated version and it was easy to turn and view.

To me, this video shows exactly why I'll never own a WoZ. It's the theme... it's as simple as that. Watching the LCD with WoZ imagery and listening to WoZ music is way too painful. Unfortunately, no software update will ever be able to address these items. FWIW, this is the only pin that I've had such a strong negative reaction to the theme.

But... that's just my opinion and yours may be different. Some people don't like Twilight Zone. I can respect that pinball people can have legitimate different opinions. Differences make the world interesting.

Thanks again for posting the video.

#98 10 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Thank u for posting this. WOZ looks great and fun to play. Hmmm maybe I should not have canceled my order a year ago.

Don't sweat it man

One day when there's inventory you can buy one instead of "ordering" one.

So *buy* one if you like it.

That's the great thing about money & inventory... Real life shit happens when the two combine.

#99 10 years ago

Altan,
It's all good. Opinions are personal. I feel like the odd man out in many respects. I've heard so many people gush over metalica and ac/dc, and I just can't stand the themes. I just don't like the music. I'm sure they are fun pins, but I can't get over the music. I know I'm probably one of the few that feel that way, but hey, that's what makes us individual.
It is what makes the world interesting, as you say.

#100 10 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

Thanks apologist.

Thanks Egghead....I can't say it because I'd get a ban vote But you know......

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Electronics
Skillshot Combo
Electronics
There are 114 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/you-asked-for-it-you-got-it-lengthy-woz-gameplay-video/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.