20170930_175609 (resized).jpg
20170929_080848 (resized).jpg
20170929_084545 (resized).jpg
20170929_165855 (resized).jpg
20170930_102158 (resized).jpg
20170930_095954 (resized).jpg
20170930_102858 (resized).jpg
20170930_104107 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballtec.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#77 6 years ago

If anyone cares, and Rich is cool with it, I'll be bringing Demo Man, Champion Pub and Baby Pac Man again. If fate smiles upon me, maybe Hyperball. If not, maybe Hyperball.

#83 6 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Was your CP there last year? I remember seeing one, and it was always getting a lot of plays.
Assuming weather is nice, and I can bribe some other local Pinsiders to help, I'll be bringing my Sample TZ and Nudge-It.

Yup, that was mine. It needs more Steveo. I was happy to see my games used for tournament play. I got the issue with the cryo claw fixed that Saturday morning and it's been quiet since.

#84 6 years ago
Quoted from rmarket:

Of course it is cool with me. Will you be bringing the fresh Venison again this year?

I still feel bad about that. I hope the fur and dried blood washed off. As for the stains on the interior, I make no apologies.

#90 6 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Baby Pac for sale?

Quoted from rmarket:

No, I have been trying to buy that from him for years.

I'm not ready to part with it quite yet. Maybe if I had a decent Roadshow in the wings but that never seems to be the case. Till then please come to the show and spank my Baby.

2 months later
#985 6 years ago

20170929_143221 (resized).jpg20170929_143221 (resized).jpg

#1031 6 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

a NIB Pro or equivalent may cost little to nothing if promoted correctly over the up coming year.</blockquote

If you'd be so kind as to indulge me here. I don't have exact figures, so pardon my lack of not having the show ledger with me. A new machine has an average retail value of what, 8K? So to spin that down to costing almost nothing would be what? Now keep in mind, if the suggestion is promotion, hey I'm with you. What form of promotion? There's a certain cost to promote which typically there's been very little of in the past. So additional promotion costs money on top of the 8K machine. The location costs which have sub costs as well. Chairs and tables and such aren't free. If there's a need for Fairgrounds provided personal, you better believe that's not free. Then there's a time investment, fuel, etc. The return is vendor spots, entrance fees and shirts (which have a disturbingly thin profit margin). I'm not sure I see how you could break down 8,000 dollars, plus the additional promotional costs into those 3 categories where it doesn't have an adverse affect. Raising prices always has the potential for negative kickback. As for what Rich offered, metrics from past shows seem to indicate that giving away a machine had no influence on attendees. If anything, show stats would offer the opposite. From when that practice stopped, the show has since become larger with more participants.

#1059 6 years ago
Quoted from too-many-pins:

One thing Rich conveyed to me that he didn't like about the "new hall" was trying to get everyone in on Thursday was kind of a logistical PITA so that is one of several reasons he is considering heading back to the smaller hall and outdoor flea market for next year. A second and probably equally important thing was a lot of people thought there were less freeplay machine when there were actually 20 or 30 more. And lastly is the additional cost.
As I told Rich - he is the one paying the bills so he is the one that needs to decide what is best for Rich & his family. I don't think he has finalized his decision yet but I will say that has to happen very soon according to our emails this morning. Regardless of how things play out York will continue to be a great show and without the efforts of Rich, his family, and a good many others we would not have a York Show and for those efforts I am very thankful.
The suspense of not knowing is killing me but I guess we will all know shortly? For now all I can say is "well done" to everyone who helped make 2017 White Rose Gameroom Show another great show!

I'd also add that the 74 doors in that hall didn't help and made proper venue labeling a challenge. You never know what's going to be an issue until it becomes one. You accept the challenge and utilize it as a learning experience and move on. I know he (Rich) greatly values all input from vendors and attendees alike. I know he wants people to fill out the surveys. He reads the boards and not just for this show, but for others as well to learn what does and doesn't work. Please, submit ideas!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 98.99
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballtec.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/york-show-news-future-white-rose-gameroomyork-show-2017-edition?tu=pinballtec and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.