20170930_175609 (resized).jpg
20170929_080848 (resized).jpg
20170929_084545 (resized).jpg
20170929_165855 (resized).jpg
20170930_102158 (resized).jpg
20170930_095954 (resized).jpg
20170930_102858 (resized).jpg
20170930_104107 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dannunz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#128 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

PinballSTAR show games for sale at York..
With the end of our 2017 show season with York we will be selling a few of our basically NIB condition show games. Contact me at [email protected] for pricing. Get a chance at a few games not readily available or at a nice discount - which one applies depends on the game. Show games must stay til show close Sat 6pm. Games must be paid in full to reserve them. First come first served.
Show games available :
Medieval Madness Remake Standard
Attack From Mars Remake Special
Wizard of Oz 75th Anniversary
I also do expect we will have a few NIB Medieval Madness Remakes available for delivery to the show - reserve your game now before they are gone... Chicago Gaming is starting the short MMR run in next few weeks.
We will also have NIB WOZ 75 and (2) Rob Zombie Standard NIB available as well - most likely will not bring without being pre-sold.
We are also taking pre-orders for Invisiglass - Standard and Widebody. Discounts for quantities of 3 or more. We will only be bringing what is pre-sold / pre-paid. Free Delivery to show.
Joe Newhart
PinballSTAR Amusements

Will you have any dialed in or hobbits for show sale?

3 weeks later
#325 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinphila:

The only discount I have ever seen is free shipping and that was at expo in Chicago. They don't deal.

That is not correct my friend. If you bring a game with a color dmd that you bought a few months before to pintastic and put that game in free play you get a $50 credit back to you on your color dmd. This incentive helped get us 20 machines in 2017 that had color dmd's in them for free play. Working with Randy at color dmd has been great! Randy believes in growing this hobby we all love.

#345 6 years ago
Quoted from drunkbaby:

Square peg, round hole. You're pleading to people on a website whose primary purpose and livelihood is built around hobbyists buying and selling pinball. Pinside is just a massive, digital (shit)show, afterall. The shows are awesome but in the end it's just something to do for the sake of doing it, and that I think is where you lose participation.
This is probably a dumb idea, but why not use the games for how they were meant? Charge people to put games on the floor, activate the coin mechs, and let the public come and go as they please. Vendors get more foot traffic, players get to spend as much time and money as they want, the show gets a fixed-ish budget to control costs, and collectors have a reason to put and keep games on the floor other than the sake of the pinball spirit. What am I missing?

Well than it's not a show anymore it's an arcade. My guess is attendance will drop by 50% Not to mention if the games are pay to play you run into all kinds of licensing issues. In the New England area it's a $100 per game fee to the town.

#348 6 years ago
Quoted from drunkbaby:

Change machines, bring your own quarters, dollar acceptors, rob your kids piggy bank.

The same people patrolling the show making sure everyone paid to be in there and aren't breaking rules, causing trouble, etc. Or a no refund policy. Is it fair to say most people that put their games there are going to present at the show? It's not out of the realm that the contact info that is already on the game can be used to deal with those issues.

True, tax loopholes strike again. You're essentially just shuffling money around to call it something different, anyway. Is Timeline arcade not an arcade because everything is set to free play, but it cost money to get through the door? I'm interested to know why you think attendance would drop 50% if the show were free to walk into and explore at will.

Simple math. $20 entrance fee lets you play all games free for 12hr. Pay to play gets you 40 plays at .50 a play. So most people will either save their money and only play the newer games or they won't go. No value for your money.

It's the equivalent of charging people a $600 ticket fee at the door lol.

2 weeks later
#990 6 years ago
Quoted from Otaku:

One thing I will say about the York show is I wish it went a little later.
I find it difficult since I commute there to get there right on the dot at 9 AM or whatever it is, especially for somebody who likes to sleep in.
8 PM for closing seems a little premature, and the show is basically over at 4 PM on Saturday when people can finally take machines out. I saw mostly all the vendors closing up at 4 as well, when the official show ending time is 6.
If we keep talking about "making people stay" it'll just turn into the Pinfest debate and that's not what I'm after at all (because frankly it's impossible), so instead of Sunday we should focus more on Saturday when that is a non-issue besides like the 5 game owners who went through the effort to bring a game but aren't coming back a second day.
Anybody feel Saturday should be extended to 9 PM or so, an extra hour? The owners probably get tired but a 10+ hour night sleep is something I can definitely get by with myself.

If possible extended hours does help attendance. At Pintastic we offer a late afternoon discounted price and that seems to bring another wave of people in.

#992 6 years ago
Quoted from Otaku:

Ooooooh, great idea.

Lots of people work on Friday and Saturday so it's a great way to bring those people in. The one catch is you need to make it worth it for them and extend your hours. Maybe not as crazy as we do but they need to see the value in making the drive.

#1003 6 years ago
Quoted from rmarket:

The issue with extending Saturday is that it takes us 3- 4 hours (if all goes well) to pack up. If we are in the building past 12 we would end up paying for a Sunday rental.
The majority of vendors and people that bring games are facing a 2 + hour drive home. A later time would force them into another night at a motel.
We had exactly 3 admissions after 3 PM on Saturday, so the general public is definitely not interested in being there late either.

All shows have a different deal with there venue and layout of space. I was just making a suggestion but it may not be fesable in your location.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 98.99
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dannunz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/york-show-news-future-white-rose-gameroomyork-show-2017-edition?tu=dannunz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.