20170930_175609 (resized).jpg
20170929_080848 (resized).jpg
20170929_084545 (resized).jpg
20170929_165855 (resized).jpg
20170930_102158 (resized).jpg
20170930_095954 (resized).jpg
20170930_102858 (resized).jpg
20170930_104107 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider coyote.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#30 6 years ago

I would be interesting in having a little pinside get-together. Would be interesting putting some faces to handles.

2 weeks later
#70 6 years ago
Quoted from SkeebWilcox:

If this year's IFPA tournament is run in the same manner as the one last year, I hope that only ONE PLAYER will be allowed to be on a machine at a time. When I walked back to the game bank last year and saw four people playing on all machines at the same time I just walked out. Why even have a tournament if you are not going to run it in a decent and orderly fashion?

I'm confused. Wouldn't it then take 4x as long?

#79 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballtec:

If anyone cares, and Rich is cool with it, I'll be bringing Demo Man, Champion Pub and Baby Pac Man again. If fate smiles upon me, maybe Hyperball. If not, maybe Hyperball.

Was your CP there last year? I remember seeing one, and it was always getting a lot of plays.
Assuming weather is nice, and I can bribe some other local Pinsiders to help, I'll be bringing my Sample TZ and Nudge-It.

1 month later
#211 6 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Yeah, but why would I consider suing the York fairgrounds because I got the craps from a burger served up by one of my pinball buddies?
I think their reasoning is specious and spurious. They just want people to patronize their concession stand. I'm surprised they let you bring in all those pizzas from an outside vendor.

Have you SEEN the legal courts these days?

#257 6 years ago

I'm excited. I still need to find some muscle to help me move my games around to the front of the house so I can load them up, but, I'm really lookin' forward to the show.

#259 6 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Hey just let me know and I can stop by and get some time on your driving game and TZ....I mean help move some pins.

Now that I have both up and working, I can race you, and leave you in the dust. Muhaha.

#312 6 years ago
Quoted from Ashwood486:

I've got a different take on it, I agree with you about the booth rental and free play area, that's the draw but, I assume everyone that's making deals in the parking lot are in fact there to participate in the show and at a minimum paying a gate fee and enjoying the show. And making a deal is a added bonus to attending anyway.
I just can't imagine somebody using the forums, making a deal, showing up in the parking lot and not walking through the door of the show. It might happen. I'm guilty of trying to make every trip count and gather or sell as many parts or machines as I can so, I can't really find fault in a person planning on attending the show anyway, cutting a deal on the side or in the parking lot.

I think it's more to get more games in the free-play area, not necessarily attenting, but attending with bringing a game.

#323 6 years ago

Again, as it was mentioned - why not just rent a truck? Would be worth it in the end if you sold two or three games that you brought..

#351 6 years ago

(I will admit.. Not only do ALL my games have coin mechs, the TZ has a bill acceptor, and accepts ANY coin between $.05 and $1, giving you proper credits for the amount you deposit.)

#446 6 years ago

If you have good displays in your game, why WOULD you upgrade? Wait until the displays AREN'T good, and THEN upgrade.

#449 6 years ago
Quoted from too-many-pins:

Kind of like asking why change over to color DMD in a DMD machine. Different color displays really POP in those early Bally machines plus the LED displays use a lot less power to run. I love the blue in our Xenon!

I dunno.. There's nothing like the soft glow of a plasma display. Or a nixie tube..!

#524 6 years ago

A week away! Whohoo!

#527 6 years ago
Quoted from mbaumle:

Quick question, I'd like to bring a game to setup in the freeplay area. There's no way that I can make it Thursday for setup, but is there a provision to set up games early Friday before the show opens?

Yeah, there are a couple (few?) hours before opening on Friday that games can be brought in. I don't remember the exact times (they'r eon the website), but that's what I'm doing - I'll be comin' in early Friday morning to bring in mine.

#608 6 years ago
Quoted from VectorGamer:

Remember to practice good arcade etiquette: when you're game is over, look behind you to see if anyone is waiting to get on the machine. If there's someone waiting, let them have a turn.
Unfortunately I ran into this problem at ReplayFX.
As you were...

Or, hell, if you REALLY want to play again.. MULTIPLAYER!!

(Assuming you're on a 2-or-more player game, of course..)

#612 6 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

Way off topic..... but that backyard is beautiful. It's so lush looking and tropical like.
Back on topic........ who is the company that has the massive table covered in ramps every year??

Starship, I believe. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, though?

#636 6 years ago

Holy crap.
have you guys looked at the weather for this weekend?

#739 6 years ago

I, too, am hitting the road in a short bit. Really looking forward to this.

#801 6 years ago

First day went really well, I think!
I had a blast, met some new folks - still wish I had a lot more folks from Pinside there.

My games did okay - interestingly, the kids and youngsters that played Nudge-It seemed to understand and do better at it FAR more than older adults. I thought that was amusing.

People seem to have an issue with contacting owners if there's a problem. About six different times I walk up to a game that wasn't working properly, and people there trying to figure out why - and eventually walking away (sometimes turning it off, sometimes not) without calling or texting the number on the game. Strange.

My TZ had a couple issues - interestingly, out of the blue, in the morning after about 10 games, a flipper started sticking. Had to loosen and ajust the flipper bat. Just a smidge, and after that, no issues with the flippers.

Looking forward to tomorrow!

#804 6 years ago
Quoted from Lovef2k:

Jack James only does Allentown. There's a place in PA near W Chester that was selling cheap through ebay, I have to look for them. Or I can bring you a free used standard size if you want it, but I have to know asap.

You gonna be there tomorrow?

#807 6 years ago

I'll add that for 'strangest' game was the Elvira and the Party Monsters game, with a BK2K soundtrack. Was.. surreal.

#812 6 years ago

Hah! Awesome.

#834 6 years ago
Quoted from Antennaejim:

I texted you about the tz bulb stuck in the playfield and I did turn your machine off so somebody wouldn't get it stuck in one of your troughs. I hope you got the text! Somebody was nice enough to turn off my gold wings when a second ball was lodged into the kicker hole but didn't text me for some reason I did have a phone number printed on the backbox next to the score display to avoid issues.

Yup, I got that, thanks!

I'm awake now, to hit the road in about half an hour!

#851 6 years ago

Today is going well! Some games taken out, but some also added.

Interestingly, my TZ has developed two interesting issues : a sticking diverter gate, and balls will occasionally get caught in the piano entrance. No idea what's going on there.

Some how, i kicked a$$ on the JY that is there. I tripled the GC score.

Still some time left, too!

#891 6 years ago
Quoted from Jesterfunhouse:

coyote How many plays after two days?

Won't know until you get over here to help me get my games back into the basement and set up!

I am really curious to see the stats on it, honestly.

I had to shut it down and hour and a half before the show ended Saturday, sadly. Was getting too many little strange hiccups; including an opto acting up in the autofire launcher. I'm going to have to spend some time after getting it back up to dig in and find out what was causing it to flake out.

While I don't have stats on the Nudge-It yet, I CAN say that it gave out about 500 tickets total over the course of the show.

#913 6 years ago
Quoted from too-many-pins:

Anyone have anything negative to say about the "new" bigger building?

The ONE issue I had, and heard other attendees complain about, was the lighting. It was nice and bright inside the building, yes. But that also meant strong glare off the games, unfortunately.

However, that is literally the only bad thing I thought and heard about.

#949 6 years ago

For those interested, I pulled the stats off of my TZ. I'm surprised by some of them; I think my game is too hard. Next time, I will not make it as steep, perhaps..

Games Started: 318
Games Played to Ball 3: 287
Specials Awarded: 1
Extra Balls Awarded: 7
Average Ball Time: 45 seconds.
Average Game Time: 2.28 minutes
Total Play Time: 10 hours, 58 minutes, and 20 seconds.
Total Game On Time: 1058 minutes
Balls Played: 867
1 Player Games: 176
2 Player Games: 32
3 Player Games: 7
4 Player Games: 6
Highest Door Count during any Game: 8

Game Percentages:
1st Gumball Loaded: 70%
1st Ball Locked: 36%
1st Multiball Awarded: 20%
Jackpots Awarded: 6%
Door Award: 156%
Slot Award: 87%
Piano Award: 60%
Battling the Power: 32%
Defeating Power: 9%
Hitchikers Awarded: 306%
Triple Pickups Awarded: 6%
Skill Shots Made: 53%

Histograms (Highest, not posting all of them):
31% of the games had a 20-39 million score.
1% of the games (only 2) got over 350million.
23% of the games were 60-90 seconds long.

And the odd statistic:
There was ONE watchdog reset. Wish I could have seen that, know what and how it was caused.

#1086 6 years ago
Quoted from Bruce092873:

Beer signs and marble slot machines? I wasn't quite sure what was going on?

For the record, folks need to keep in mind that the York show is a "GAMEROOM" show -- not a "Pinball Show".

So, anything Gameroom related is welcome. In fact, I'm looking forward to next year's show. I'm thinking about bringing my two racing games (Rushs) and am hoping to see more video stuff.

#1088 6 years ago
Quoted from Bruce092873:

beer signs have to do with the game show

Bathfitters, because they help sponsor the show. Beer signs? EVERY gameroom I've been in has at least one. Seriously.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 98.99
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider coyote.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/york-show-news-future-white-rose-gameroomyork-show-2017-edition?tu=coyote and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.