20170930_175609 (resized).jpg
20170929_080848 (resized).jpg
20170929_084545 (resized).jpg
20170929_165855 (resized).jpg
20170930_102158 (resized).jpg
20170930_095954 (resized).jpg
20170930_102858 (resized).jpg
20170930_104107 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ashwood486.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#130 6 years ago

I am getting a decent amount of stuff to bring and have a inside space reserved plus will definitely have games for the free play area.
Some things include extra backglass for
Eight ball deluxe, Harlem Globetrotters, Vector, and Xenon.
A partial list of working pins
Bobby Orr power play, Raven, Jungle Lord, Lost World, Flash, Six Million Dollar Man, Tri-zone, Evel Knievel, and a few arcade games, an original Frogger, etc. plus lots of miscellaneous parts.
I'm still adding and taking away from the list it seems every week

1 week later
#166 6 years ago

I'm sure somebody knows this answer, will there be some electric available for testing purposes around the flea market area inside

#172 6 years ago

I understand, just trying to get an idea of what I need to bring for setting up in the flea market area. Thanks for the fast reply

Quoted from rmarket:

That is correct, being a new hall I don't know the specifics of where the outlets are in the flea market area nor if they will be powered or not.
We try to limit the games moving around during show hours as we would rather not have anyone get hurt by getting run over by a moving game. While us collectors know to stay out of the way, the general public and children don't seem to know to stay out of the way.

#176 6 years ago

This is probably going to come off wrong, it's hard to sound sincere in a message but, I truly didn't realize that. LOL oh well this will be my first year at York so, I'll have probably more than one learning curve I have to overcome. thank you for the information

Quoted from rmarket:

The difference between the prices between the indoor flea market area and the vendor spots is due to the charges for electric.

#183 6 years ago

Rich do you have a ballpark number for the amount of games in the free play area and have you saw an increase in the flea market entrepreneurs since they have inside spots to choose from?

#186 6 years ago

I am coming to set up for the first time in the flea market area and the only reason is because its inside so , I think its great and hope it is a success. I look forward to seeing the amount of games on the freeplay floor and plan on putting at least 3 out to help the show, and bringing 8 more for the booth plus many spare parts and original backglasses . My family enjoys everything so much, we also go to the Louisville show and they had game characters in costume walking around for the kids and the kids 12 and under were all dressed up with a costume show in mid afternoon and several door prizes for them. thanks for the hard work you do.

Quoted from rmarket:

We usually get around 200 games for the free play area. As far as the inside flea market, we have a few people getting spots that never had flea market spots before.
People tend to wait the last minute to register games and spots so it is really too early to tell one way or another. (Believe me, I understand everyone is busy and details like registering gets put off)
So for those reading this and planning on bringing a game or getting a vendor or flea market spot, please register as soon as you can. I need to turn the floor plan into the fair grounds in the next couple of days and once I do that, the number of indoor flea market and vendor spots and area designated for free play is locked in. Right now I have some flexibility with the layout and can shift some of the spaces around. But I will have to guess at the number of spots I need.
The larger hall with indoor flea market is an experiment this year. How well it is recieved will determine if it we will have an indoor flea market for next years show. (show planning for 2018 is underway) We need a number of indoor flea spots to cover the additional costs of the larger hall.

#194 6 years ago

Just an opinion if that's true, then the cost of most 90s and newer machines are pretty high and have been on the increase for several years and setting up a machine for the free play area, that is in the higher end of the price scale could possibly be a reason for the decrease. I take care of every machine on the floor but, the general public I have been around just don't think or care. I have asked people to please set there drinks on the ground too many times and get the strangest looks. lol So, when I show up with a 40 yr old Evel Knievel or a HUO Tri Zone even thought they are not in the same league as a Adams family or Circus Voltaire, they are still something I care about, not saying mine won't be on the free play section just it is a little nerve racking to watch haha.

Quoted from sohchx:

Has there been an increase in EM and 1980's machines and a decrease in 1990's and newer Solid states present at the show, or is it just me? Just a small observation that I have had over the past 10 years.

#201 6 years ago

I am looking for a Gottlieb system 80 B Back Box preferably for a diamond lady with the back glass or any variation thereof any help would be appreciated I will be at the show all three days thank you

be8a8d06362bd3257ce2d0d321c8348d3e5b3e0e (resized).jpgbe8a8d06362bd3257ce2d0d321c8348d3e5b3e0e (resized).jpg

#207 6 years ago

I am looking for a Data East Torpedo Alley if anyone has one for sale or trade and can bring it to the show. I will be there all 3 days, Thanks

#249 6 years ago

What are you asking for the Grand Lizard, they were pretty fun machines.

Quoted from 80spit:

Just Registered 5 pins for the show, Grand Lizard, DE Playboy, Phoenix, Eye of the Tiger, Jacks to Open, All will be in freeplay and for sale. looking forward to a great show and meeting up with everyone, and play some Bingo!!

#261 6 years ago

I have spoken to him, I have Grand Lizard in my personal collection and really enjoy it, so a friend is asking for one, lol. I'm also bringing a pretty nice Jungle Lord for the free play area. They are both fun.

Quoted from too-many-pins:

Grand Lizard reminds me of Jungle Lord but much better in many ways. Great machine being offered by a great seller. If the don't know Gerry you will enjoy hanging out with him once you meet him if you get together to talk about that machine. Best bet is to PM him because he doesn't visit pinside all that often these days.

#266 6 years ago

'm trying to price machines for the York show and be fair to them and me so, I am really not sure which price guide to go by or which source to reference especially for some of the older machines that have taken a huge jump in price. The lines for me are getting blurred because of you have eBay which may or may not be true prices and what actual condition was when sold. Then Pinside at times can be accurate other times I question some of the actual prices being posted. And then I get my new Mr. Pinball 2017 and some of the prices in it are higher than what are on pinside and now I'm really not sure where I'm at LOL

#270 6 years ago

I looked at a penske truck, and they actually reduced their price in half for the milage on a 16ft box. When I asked for the quote. Even the enclosed uhaul trailer will haul 8 pins and its $26 per day.

#272 6 years ago

After watching so many videos on YouTube of the York show and all the problems that's been in the past with the outdoor weather for the flea market area, it's got to be a lot easier and should be better for business to have the option of shopping inside.

#305 6 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

i'd love to see some colordmd's at a discount at the show; never do though. need one for my MM bad.

A friend put one in his and it was absolutely awesome we played it two weeks ago at a cookout and it's unreal the difference it made in the looks of that game

#306 6 years ago

Any Gottlieb Raven owners need to venture through the indoor flea market area because, I will be taking orders for a brand-new designed translite and wrap kit for Raven. I will have one on display all 3 days.

#311 6 years ago

I've got a different take on it, I agree with you about the booth rental and free play area, that's the draw but, I assume everyone that's making deals in the parking lot are in fact there to participate in the show and at a minimum paying a gate fee and enjoying the show. And making a deal is a added bonus to attending anyway.
I just can't imagine somebody using the forums, making a deal, showing up in the parking lot and not walking through the door of the show. It might happen. I'm guilty of trying to make every trip count and gather or sell as many parts or machines as I can so, I can't really find fault in a person planning on attending the show anyway, cutting a deal on the side or in the parking lot.

Something kind of concerns me with what I am seeing here and even though it might seem harsh - or out of line - I feel the need to say something. I see dozens of post "can bring _____ ______ if prepaid (or pre-sold)". Guys there is a huge issue with this in my eyes. What makes shows work is people bringing machines for freeplay and for sale at the show. Promoters don't spend tens of thousands of dollars doing this shows for a drop off and pick up location. If machines are not brought for freeplay or for sale at a show sooner or later there will be no show.
I realize some people have space issues in their vehicles, some people have other concerns, etc. But guys - please remember Rich & other show promoters need people bringing machines to these shows for the show concept to work.
I am as guilty as the next guy by planning on attending mainly to pick up and drop off parts for people so maybe I shouldn't be one to talk about what others are doing. But I have a some other stuff I need to deal with the weekend of the show again this year and it doesn't look like I am going to be able to stay at the show all day either day and might not be able to make at all on Saturday. My original plans were to be set up at the indoor flea market and have people meet up with me their but that MIGHT not work for me this year.
Anyway - if at all possible PLEASE try to bring machines for people to play and buy at the show and not just use the show as a drop off location.

#329 6 years ago

All the boards you you're bringing are they ready to use in the Bally machines or will they need some type of work. I'm putting together a Six Million Dollar Man and a eight ball. Sounds like we need to talk.

Quoted from ibuypinballs:

I will be in the inside flea market with two spaces this year. Hoping to have around 8-10 pins, some game room items and around 300 circuit boards 90% Bally early solid state. Roughly 200 Bally & Stern MPU's, Dozens of Solenoid, lamp and sound board. Some Williams, Gottlieb, Game Plan boards also. Pete

#331 6 years ago

I agree with you totally about taking care of Rich and any obligations that you've given to him first.
50% of the reason I actually come to the shows is for the ability to buy and sell whether it be parts or pinball, I realize all that would go away if there wasn't a free play area.
The total package together whether it be vendors, flea market, free play games and even the parking lot deals help create this atmosphere or actual ambiance that has me wanting to come to all the shows.

Quoted from 1stpinballdave:

I disagree with the notion that parking lot deals shouldn't happen. I've been doing these shows for over 20 years and one time in those twenty years a parking lot deal (deal that actually happened on the phone as I was driving to the show) made it so I didn't have at least one game for the show floor. I promised myself I would never do that again. I have made a commitment to Rich to have two (perhaps three if I can get the third game done in time) games on the show floor. No matter how many other games I sell in parking lot deals, I will stand by that commitment. So making a blanket statement as quoted above is simply not true. As long as I live up to what I promised Rich I would set up on Thursday, it's nobody's business how many additional games I bring with me for other people to take home with them.

#391 6 years ago

Rich I will bring 3 more games to the free play area, originally I told you only 3. Now my total will be 6 in the free play area. Things have changed and am bringing a larger trailer so, I can get more to the show. It also means I will offer a shipping service from York to KY or along that route, if anyone has a need, assuming I can sell something in the flea market area, creating empty trailer space. lol

#401 6 years ago

I'm bringing Tri Zone, Jungle Lord, Flash, Evel Knievel, Eight Ball, Bobby Orr power play, Lost World, all ready to use and a couple of early Bally projects, eight ball and six million dollar man. Almost every machine is early SS pinballs.

Quoted from knockerlover:

Anyone selling any early solid state games?

evel3 (resized).jpgevel3 (resized).jpg

#402 6 years ago

I'm hoping to get a few new Playfield glasses at the show also.

Quoted from bpa:

Anyone know if there is a glass vendor at the show? I need a new piece for my Laser Cue.

#406 6 years ago

I agree with posting what you're looking for, it's so much easier to know a machine has potential buyers waiting on it, when you are getting it ready to bring it and if you have set up the rules of keeping it in the free play area after the sale. One other benefit is if a person has limited space and is trying to decide which game to bring, a wanted post could help decide what gets loaded.

Quoted from dmarston:

Brainstorming in this thread is a good thing, though. The best new idea I have at the moment is: how about some BUYERS posting in this thread that they want to buy _____ at York and promise to leave it in free play until the end of the show?

#407 6 years ago

So I will take my own advice, I'm looking for a a reasonably priced Torpedo Alley, working or project, doesn't have to be a show room quality machine. Thanks

813a5f878585db4ee052c00c1f02468cb000efe0 (resized).jpg813a5f878585db4ee052c00c1f02468cb000efe0 (resized).jpg

#435 6 years ago

What kind of parts are you looking for because there should be lots of parts especially used ones,

Quoted from jboner1058:

How many venders are coming selling parts?

#439 6 years ago

Does anyone have a backglass for eight ball or Black Knight , thanks

#441 6 years ago

I helped a friend with a beautiful bg from Mayfair at Allentown and they are super easy to deal with, with great products. I just thought I'd try to get a used one a little cheaper if anyone had anything.

Quoted from arcademojo:

Mayfair always has Black Knight BG's and I think they have the EB also. They will be at the show.

#442 6 years ago

I keep seeing the LED displays coming down in price and was hoping someone will be offering the six and seven digit displays for a Bally ready to use and offering a show discount.

#447 6 years ago

I appreciate the information and reply I was actually wanting to look at them in person and talk to somebody that's installed them. Which gave me the idea to find them at the show because I'm currently going to upgrade at least three machines over the winter. Thank you

Wayne (Pinitech) is my son and he currently has the cheapest & best Bally LED's on the market as far as I know. He spent a good bit of time "getting it right" to make sure he had the best design available and also tried to keep that design at the cheapest price point possible. I more or less know 100% for sure - even if he shows up with me to the show - he will not have displays for sale at the show. Right now he is too busy with other stuff to have assembled displays ready for sale so he assemblies them on demand as they sell. So if you want the LED's that use the least amount of current and have had months of research to "get it right" you might want to just contact him directly for your needs.
If you talk to him in the next couple days there is a chance I could bring them along to the show and save you some shipping but beyond that you need to talk to him about price / etc.

#450 6 years ago

I really appreciate the offer and on the way home it may be possible for me to stop but, I'm pretty sure on the way to the show I'm going to be crammed and crowded for time with a full trailer load

in Carlisle. I know Wayne isn't going to be happy with me for suggesting this but if you have a few minutes and want to stop by we have those displays in two of our machines here at the house you could see in pers

#453 6 years ago

I had something happen to me with a Bally and a couple of the high voltage display's we're ghosting, one of them went out and caused the solenoid driver board to almost catch on fire with a backfeed voltage. according to the technician that helped me repair it. and when it was all over I ended up spending over $500 with new plug and play LEDs displays and new selenoid driver, it was on a 6803 system so after that I would like to change the displays in my personal games at home or any other machines that we run through our shop

#454 6 years ago

I also want to change the subject ,is there a place where the arcade games are listed that will be at the York show, because I plan on bringing at least 4 and would like to see what's available for the arcade side, any help would be appreciated thank you

#461 6 years ago

He's also working on the list of games both pinball and Arcades that people have registered to bring for the free play area.

#466 6 years ago

It's definitely not going to be disappointing,

#470 6 years ago

Hope everything works out for you all!!

My life story just keeps getting more messed up by the hour. About midnight I got a call from my brother-in-law that he was waiting for the ambulance (my sister fell at the motel and messed her knee up too bad for him to get her to the hospital). So now instead of hooking up with him tomorrow to unload my trailer it looks like I might be hooking up to dog sit their 3 dogs while he deals with her & stuff at the hospital. Just when I though things couldn't get any more screwed up family tosses me another curve ball?
Just killing time waiting for a call with an update and needed to vent. Wife is in bed, brother in law is at hospital sitting in his pick-up with their 3 dogs waiting for a call from ER about my sisters condition so I could be on the way to Harrisburg pretty much any time between now and tomorrow morning. Ain't life great!
He told me not to drive up until I hear from him because right now he is OK sitting with the dogs but if things are as bad as they seemed he will likely need me later tonight or tomorrow AM.
As things stand setting up now seems less likely than ever but I don't give up easy!

#478 6 years ago

What are you asking for pinball pool.

Quoted from PiNDoCToR:

I have the following backglasses available that I can bring if someone needs one...
Pinball Pool
Joker Poker (SS)
Space Mission
Fast Draw (new repro)
Royal Flush (new repro)
Playboy 35th NOS translite

#511 6 years ago

I'm still looking for a Torpedo alley, hoping someone at least brings one to play !

#522 6 years ago

I price one locally for $45, would it be cheaper at the show

#560 6 years ago

I've been wondering the same thing because I have a pretty good size trailer and I'm not really sure the hotel would appreciate it being in their lot thanks for the info

Quoted from rmarket:

I don't know the official fairgrounds policy but a lot of people do and we have never had a problem. I would highly recommend hitch and door locks for your trailer if you do so. There are acres of parking at the Fairgrounds so there is plenty of room.

#561 6 years ago

I've also got an idea about holding some of the project pins until Friday, people are complaining they don't actually see the deals, Friday or Saturday because they can't get in early, just an idea

#562 6 years ago

I know this is off topic but is there ever a need for project arcade games at this show in the flea market area

#568 6 years ago

I know several people including myself that will have spare room in their trailer and have plenty of project arcade games laying around so, looks like my trailer is going to be really loaded and a happy wife at home, for a little while

Quoted from rmarket:

I don't know about anyone else, but I am always looking for arcade games.

#573 6 years ago

I'm looking for playfields for nitro ground shaker, and Embryon, if anyone has any and is coming to the show

#576 6 years ago

Thanks I will check it out. I was hoping for a bit less expensive than a new one. But it's start.

Quoted from bluespin:

Cpr has new repro playfields for Nitro in stock

#581 6 years ago

I'm also looking for parts for a Bally pool sharks, decent play field and back glass if anyone has one that's coming to the show let me know with the pinside email thank you

#586 6 years ago

I am interested in your Fire and will send you a message thanks

Quoted from ataritoday:

I have a Williams Fire! That I would be willing to trade if anyone is interested. Would consider a EMs in good shape (as I have no idea how to work on them. Embryon, Blackhole, maybe other Sys 11... Could trade towards a lower end DMD potentially as well if someone was interested. Fire is in good shape.

#595 6 years ago

I was hoping to be able to pick up some new legs and leg levelers Maybe they'll be a vendor there with some of that stuff new,,

Quoted from Antennaejim:

Anybody have a set of 4 27" legs preferably new chrome with feet to bring to the show? Also side rails for a gottlieb system 80b? Thanks

#616 6 years ago

I'm interested in the sharpshooter

Quoted from Alan_L:

Probably bringing a Game Plan "Sharpshooter" for sale, $250, guaranteed not working.

#630 6 years ago

Rich, you were asking about ideas, have you thought about involving a local middle school or High School American history class. There's so much history to be enjoyed by all ages in that building on Friday and Saturday from every generation I just think it might be a really good opportunity to appeal to the younger generations with a school field trip.

#718 6 years ago

I saw a haunted house setting beside the front door for sale. Tonight.

Quoted from jboner1058:

Anyone got a haunted House they are bringing?

#720 6 years ago

I posted some in the white rose Facebook page

Quoted from weaverj:

need some setup pics!

#728 6 years ago

~~~~arcades
original Frogger, police trainer, James Bond 007 Sly spy, World Rally stand up,
~~~~~~
Pinball's
Evel Knievel, Lost World, Bobby Orr power-play, Bally eight Ball, Jungle Lord, Raven, Flash, Tri Zone, and T2,
~~~~~~~~~
Projects pinballs
~~~~~~~~
Six Million Dollar Man,
Black Knight,
~~~~~
Gottlieb Diamond Lady bottom box only and legs, no back box.
I had to leave 3 at home, just didn't have a big enough trailer.
Prices will be posted on Friday. Most are in the free play area

#736 6 years ago

Yes, I haven't been satisfied with the options available for that machine or Raven so, I am working with a print shop to create those, still a work in progress. I am set up at the front door and am taking orders for both translites.

Quoted from arcademojo:

Was that your Lost World with the aftermarket backglass?

#740 6 years ago

Looks great, I had a grinder and cut off wheel with me, but, I didn't know you needed anything, sorry

Quoted from PinballSTAR:

PinballSTAR set up ready to go... little hiccup as we unloaded the truck then went to do the trailer and one of my crew lost the lock keys ! DOH panic mode.... but we cut it off... lol. Always an adventure.

#820 6 years ago

Yes they have the backglass, I looked at several in the show for sale, not sure about the playfield

Quoted from Lovef2k:

Can anyone tell me if Starship Fantasies brought a Strikes and Spares backglass or pf? Won't be there until tomorrow,
Thanks

#823 6 years ago

I want to thank someone for leaving me a message about one of my games in the free play area needing attention, a stuck slingshot, I think it's awesome when people let me know about problems.

#836 6 years ago

Just an overall feeling for me is that prices seem below average meaning, I wish I had more money and a bigger truck, I've seen several working SS pins, players condition machines in the free play area for less than $800. To me anything standing up to the amount of games being continually played and still working good has to be pretty decent for that kind of money. Let's face it some of these things are 30 yrs plus old and mechanically doing well.

#837 6 years ago

I'm still looking for a eight ball backglass if someone has a good one and could meet me at the show, thanks

18868455ff80c9df182c0f8a0bd02b42--arcade-room-fonzie (resized).jpg18868455ff80c9df182c0f8a0bd02b42--arcade-room-fonzie (resized).jpg

#959 6 years ago

Your welcome and it was a pleasure to meet you also, I wish the time hadn't been so short to chat more. I will definitely tell him, he's been a good friend and great help to me.

Quoted from arcademojo:

ashwood486
Was nice meeting you and your mechanic there and tell him I said thanks for the tips.
Scott

#961 6 years ago

I had something really weird happen at the York show. I wrapped a pinball machine and put a new translite in it. And Saturday we sold a game from the free play area and replaced it with the new wrapped machine from our flea market area. Then later my son finds a flyer had been placed on our my machine from tilt graphics like they made the graphics and were selling them. He took it off of course and actually ripped it apart because my son was proud of the work we had done but, I just thought what a bad way to get business. My number was on the machine if they needed to talk to me.

#965 6 years ago

I hope you are right about someone just leaving it after playing, because we have never had any negative experience with any of the shows we attend, Allentown, Louisville, and York, and hopefully Nashville in November.

#1009 6 years ago

I agree with you about the time, I really enjoyed the show in Louisville KY and feel like York could take some of their highlights possibly incorporating them into next year's venue simply because of 3 things, the times are geared more for families to enjoy, Friday and Saturday night it goes until 12. Sunday till 4, let's face it most families can't do anything on Friday night until after 6 p.m. at best and we're closing the show up at 8 so they don't have any incentive to show up. Which leaves them trying to get to the show on Saturday which is going to be closing by 6 p.m. They also dim the lights in the Louisville show, which makes a lot better gaming experience and they have the game characters walking around in costumes and encourage the children to show up in costume. Maybe I'm missing something but, if the people don't come, the show won't go on. Their prices are $21 per day if you purchase online and $25 per day at the door or a three-day pass online purchase is available at a discount. I'm definitely not saying they have all the answers but it was an awesome family experience for us. While both Allentown and York in my opinion was geared more for resellers, vendors, business people Etc, because when I take my family out on the weekends they don't stop at 6 p.m. on Saturday.

Quoted from Otaku:

One thing I will say about the York show is I wish it went a little later.
I find it difficult since I commute there to get there right on the dot at 9 AM or whatever it is, especially for somebody who likes to sleep in.
8 PM for closing seems a little premature, and the show is basically over at 4 PM on Saturday when people can finally take machines out. I saw mostly all the vendors closing up at 4 as well, when the official show ending time is 6.
If we keep talking about "making people stay" it'll just turn into the Pinfest debate and that's not what I'm after at all (because frankly it's impossible), so instead of Saturday we should focus more on Friday when that is a non-issue besides like the 5 game owners who went through the effort to bring a game but aren't coming back a second day.
Anybody feel Friday should be extended to 9 PM or so, an extra hour? The owners probably get tired but a 10+ hour night sleep is something I can definitely get by with myself.

#1015 6 years ago

I'm not trying to take away from the pins but, the show could use games in free play area of all types. I know all the arcades I brought saw a lot of play and the bowler someone brought stayed extra busy. My opinion is bringing any working games would be great.

Quoted from PoMC:

Increasing the admission fee may also be an incentive for someone to bring pin(s) for free admission.

#1026 6 years ago

My incentive is no charge for the door and the ability to sell and trade games in the free play area.
I do agree with the statement that the free play area could use some newer games, not that there's not a place for the oldies, it's a good mixture. Thanks Rich for the great show and hard work.

Quoted from djreddog:

More incentive? What does Allentown offer incentive wise that York doesn't? I've brought games to both shows and I don't recall any extra incentive from Allentown. Hell I don't even get a raffle ticket for free giveaways.

#1041 6 years ago

I'm happy you are enjoying a great machine, it played flawlessly for us at the show, seems it never stopped almost the whole time. I'm already missing it at home, lol. I hope you and the family make some great memories with it for a long time to come.

Quoted from tomh52722:

I enjoy reading all of the ideas as it shows how much people care about this hobby. I live about 45 minutes from York and 1:15 from Allentown. I plan on going to both shows every year regardless. There can be more machines, less machines or whatever, but as long as there are people there that like talking pinball, some machines to play/buy and vendors, I will pay more, come earlier, wait longer or whatever. Thanks rich and thanks also to the guy from WV that sold me the T2 - I'm really enjoying it!

#1058 6 years ago

I brought a grinder cut off tool just in case last show, luckily it never got used.

Quoted from mbaumle:

Same. I never brought a show for the same reasons. I can usually fix whatever I need, but I do it leisurely, at my own pace. At a show, there’s a moral responsibility to keep it running as well as possible.
I brought my Buck Rogers since I sold it previously, and the buyer was going to pick it up there. Of course, while we’re packing it down Saturday afternoon after the show, a leg bolt I probably haphazardly bolted on Friday became crossthreaded, and I didn’t have the tools needed to crank it out.
Thankfully, a handful of fine gentlemen came to the rescue after seeing our frustratingly fruitless endeavor, offering tools and support. We got it off 30 minutes later, but we would’ve had to run to a hardware store to hacksaw the bolt off had help not arrived.
There’s some really great people in this hobby. Thank you all!

#1069 6 years ago

That was a super nice game, your being to modest also, you hauled that game 7 hours one way and keep it going from Thursday evening. It was played heavily like the other newer DMD games at the show, thanks for all your hard work.

Quoted from wvpinball:

I took the "People's Choice" award for the Williams JunkYard that I brought to the Show for the Free Play area. I was surprised and honored by the recognition. The game played amazing both days.
I appreciate Rich and company, Cointaker, PinStar, and all those involved to make the show great! I have attended since 2001, and will definitely be back in 2018!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 98.99
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
$ 129.99
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball
Cabinet parts
$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation
Decorations
$ 12.00
Lighting - Led
Pinball Haus
Led
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ashwood486.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/york-show-news-future-white-rose-gameroomyork-show-2017-edition?tu=ashwood486 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.