20170930_175609 (resized).jpg
20170929_080848 (resized).jpg
20170929_084545 (resized).jpg
20170929_165855 (resized).jpg
20170930_102158 (resized).jpg
20170930_095954 (resized).jpg
20170930_102858 (resized).jpg
20170930_104107 (resized).jpg

There are 1,134 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 23.
#201 6 years ago

I am looking for a Gottlieb system 80 B Back Box preferably for a diamond lady with the back glass or any variation thereof any help would be appreciated I will be at the show all three days thank you

be8a8d06362bd3257ce2d0d321c8348d3e5b3e0e (resized).jpgbe8a8d06362bd3257ce2d0d321c8348d3e5b3e0e (resized).jpg

#202 6 years ago

Here is a group of EM pins of which l can bring up to four if we have a deal arranged first.

Flipper Pool (2)
Flipper Clown
Flipper Parade
Foto Finish
Slick ChicK
Subway
Central Park
Heatwave
Ice Review
Lunar Shot
Moon Shot
Egg Head

#203 6 years ago

Target Alpha
new repo BG and Plastics, new PBR drop targets.
Over hauled, shopped by well known mech in Bedford VA.
Works 100%.
Cab=8
PF=8.5
Manual, schematic and NOS dealer ad.

1500 firm at the show, will be in free play area.

#204 6 years ago

I have a Bally Champ being parted out.
The coin door, glass, and chime unit are gone. No back glass.
If anyone is looking for parts send me a PM.

#205 6 years ago
Quoted from rmarket:

I agree, I didn't see any issue with what they were doing. However the fairgrounds did. The first time they said that they didn't want open flame around their 200 year old wooden buildings. OK, that seems like a reasonable request. Then people start using electric grills and then we were told that they had liability issues with people handing out food. The line of thinking is that if someone gets sick from food they ate there, the fairgrounds could get sued. I guess that is plausible with as sue happy as people are nowadays.
It is one of those things that I truly have no control over. It is their property and they set the rules.

That is their right but they got it backwards. I'd rather trust a brat from the Oswego or West Virginia guys than the indoor snack bar .

#206 6 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

Has there been an increase in EM and 1980's machines and a decrease in 1990's and newer Solid states present at the show, or is it just me? Just a small observation that I have had over the past 10 years.

I'm thinking I'd rather pit a 1000$ System 1 Gottlieb on the floor with Clueless Dad and his animal kids than a 7500 $ DMD Stern.

#207 6 years ago

I am looking for a Data East Torpedo Alley if anyone has one for sale or trade and can bring it to the show. I will be there all 3 days, Thanks

#208 6 years ago

From the conversation I had with the fairgrounds, Trust wasn't the issue, insurance, liabilities and kitchen inspections were. I tend to agree with them about not wanting to deal with a lawsuit over it.

Quoted from 1974DeltaQueen:

That is their right but they got it backwards. I'd rather trust a brat from the Oswego or West Virginia guys than the indoor snack bar .

#209 6 years ago
Quoted from rmarket:

From the conversation I had with the fairgrounds, Trust wasn't the issue, insurance, liabilities and kitchen inspections were. I tend to agree with them about not wanting to deal with a lawsuit over it.

Yeah, but why would I consider suing the York fairgrounds because I got the craps from a burger served up by one of my pinball buddies?
I think their reasoning is specious and spurious. They just want people to patronize their concession stand. I'm surprised they let you bring in all those pizzas from an outside vendor.

#210 6 years ago

Who you callin' a brat?

#211 6 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Yeah, but why would I consider suing the York fairgrounds because I got the craps from a burger served up by one of my pinball buddies?
I think their reasoning is specious and spurious. They just want people to patronize their concession stand. I'm surprised they let you bring in all those pizzas from an outside vendor.

Have you SEEN the legal courts these days?

#212 6 years ago

From our personal experience with York Fairground they are one of the toughest venues to deal with when trying to hold an event their. Sadly they are the "best" or "only" game in town when it comes to a bigger events in the York Area.

And if it isn't bad enough for promoters that they are tough to deal with - they are also very expensive for every aspect of an event.

Not taking sides on anything just saying it isn't easy for Rich to hold the show their and work within all their rules. So I give Rich a ton of credit for dealing with them each year!

#213 6 years ago

I'll def have a pretty nice Dirty Harry at the show. Top side shopped, new display, new cabinet speaker, Leds.

Also most likely a Pinbot and Bally Game Show.

#214 6 years ago

If anyone is bringing one along pm me please. I'm a buyer

Machine - Wanted
Wanted! - “Looking for a fully working example, preferably stock, routed example is fine as long as it's not ragged out. Installed mods aren't a deal breaker, I just prefer stock machines to ...”
2017-09-05
Frederick, MD
Wanted
Archived after: 2 days
Viewed: 90 times

#215 6 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

there was one at gameroom garage this week (alas very over priced)

Machine - Wanted
Wanted: Metallica (Pro)New!Wanted! “Looking for a fully working example, preferably stock, routed example is fine as long as it's not ragged out. Installed mods aren't a deal breaker, I just prefer stock machines to ...”
4 hours ago Frederick, MD
Wanted
sohchx

#216 6 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

Some distributors are selling nib met pros as low as $4259. You should start calling some distributors.

Machine - Wanted
Wanted: Metallica (Pro)New!Wanted! “Looking for a fully working example, preferably stock, routed example is fine as long as it's not ragged out. Installed mods aren't a deal breaker, I just prefer stock machines to ...”
15 hours ago Frederick, MD
Wanted
sohchx

#217 6 years ago

Yeah I saw. It sat there for quite awhile until someone finally bought it this past Saturday. The price was exactly why I passed on it.

#218 6 years ago

Really $4259?? I've only called one dist who is a member here and he quoted me $5095. Something told me that was very high for a NIB pro

#219 6 years ago

I can speak from experience: the West Virginia guys brats are trustworthy!

#220 6 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

Really $4259?? I've only called one dist who is a member here and he quoted me $5095. Something told me that was very high for a NIB pro

$5000-5100 is what you are going to find. Whoever told you that you could buy a NIB Pro for $4259 was smoking some really good stuff. Those days are long gone.

#221 6 years ago

Just posted an ad for my Lights Camera Action. Looking for a trade, and can bring to York.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/53966

#222 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinphila:

I'll def have a pretty nice Dirty Harry at the show. Top side shopped, new display, new cabinet speaker, Leds.
Also most likely a Pinbot and Bally Game Show.

Awesome Dirty Harry rules!

#223 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinphila:

I'll def have a pretty nice Dirty Harry at the show.

If it's in free play, don't forget to stop by my booth and pick up your freebee for bringing a WPC era game.

Quoted from rkahr:

Hey all - I ordered some WPC Power Fix swag so here's an extra little deal: Anyone who places a WPC era game in the free play area at York can come by my booth and pick up a little gift as a reward. Deal expires if I run out but otherwise no strings attached.
-Rob
-visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or for my Pinball 2000 H+V video sync combiner kit

-Rob
-visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or for my Pinball 2000 H+V video sync combiner kit

#224 6 years ago

Just Registered 5 pins for the show, Grand Lizard, DE Playboy, Phoenix, Eye of the Tiger, Jacks to Open, All will be in freeplay and for sale. looking forward to a great show and meeting up with everyone, and play some Bingo!!

#225 6 years ago

I'm thinking I'd rather pit a 1000$ System 1 Gottlieb on the floor with Clueless Dad and his animal kids than a 7500 $ DMD Stern.

Glad not everyone feels that way....otherwise it would be a show of our flea market finds.

#226 6 years ago

Looking for a Jai-Alai or Split Second

#227 6 years ago

So what's the word on the Pinside meet n greet area? Not sure this is going to work out, we can't have food, etc..............maybe we should just designate a parking lot hangout spot instead?? We could all park in the same proximity?

Thoughts?

#228 6 years ago

Looking to pick up one of the following at the show:

Catacomb
Gladiators
Punk!
Scorpion
Skateball
Strange World
TX-Sector

#229 6 years ago

Hoping to pickup Sea Witch

#230 6 years ago

looking for a fireball 2

#231 6 years ago
Quoted from pinw:

Looking to pick up one of the following at the show:
Punk!

Who among us has ever even seen a Punk! ?

According to the Pinside map the only one on location is in Budapest.

#232 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinball_Nate:

maybe we should just designate a parking lot hangout spot instead??

Without food or drink, I imagine it kinda looking like this.

#233 6 years ago

Yep, I knew Punk! was a long shot...

According to pinball owners, there are a few in the US...

Plus there is a gentleman who brings a super-duper-rare pin to shows, (GB Spirit at Pinfest and Bally Vampire at York in 2015) - I can't remember his company name, I have his business card somewhere...

Also there is probably one in Ballston Spa, NY...

#234 6 years ago

I have a nice Scorpion, light project, I can bring to York if prepaid. $800. PM me for pictures.

#235 6 years ago
Quoted from yfz450:

I have a nice Scorpion, light project, I can bring to York if prepaid. $800. PM me for pictures.

Joe (yfz450) is one of the "good guys". If you are interested in his Scorpion he will give you a fair & honest description. He and I have done a lot of business over the years I have been in the hobby and I have always found him to be honest with descriptions - etc. I honestly can't say if I have sold him more than I have bought from him or if I have bought more than I have sold him but I know several machines have gone each way!

I am still trying to figure out if I'll be able to set up at the show but if not hopefully I'll at least be able to head over and say hello to all my pinball buddies!

#236 6 years ago

Judge Dredd - anyone selling one that can bring to the show Sat PM me pls - -

#237 6 years ago

Anyone bringing a haunted house?

#238 6 years ago
Quoted from jboner1058:

Anyone bringing a haunted house?

I have a buddy who put a ton into one and it looks gorgeous. The up kicker from Lower pf stopped working and it's blowing the fuse. Stunning example once you get it fixed. Send me pm if Interested.

#239 6 years ago

I believe I am going to the show on Friday..
I can bring two or three of the following if presold.
TOM
BSD
DR WHO
BBH
SHREK
GILLIGANS ISLAND
POTC

#240 6 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

Glad not everyone feels that way....otherwise it would be a show of our flea market finds.

Exactly what I hope for a good Flea Market . Could give 2 Schitz about DMD pins with toppers give me the wood rail row! To each his own .

#241 6 years ago

I am planning to bring a Supersonic(or possibly Lawman) for free play and for sale at end of the day. I am looking for an RFM.

Wick

#242 6 years ago

Exactly what I hope for a good Flea Market . Could give 2 Schitz about DMD pins with toppers give me the wood rail row! To each his own .

Didn't know you had a woody for woodies!

#243 6 years ago

Woodrails, em's, ss games are great. My point was that we can all bring our beater games, but that would kinda suck. I am bringing an ss game....but its certainly not a crappy game that I pulled out of the warehouse.

These shows, for me, is a place to play games that I had not experienced before, DMD and Woodrails included.

I only hope that the guys that bring games to get free entry don't bring their junk out of fear that something may happen. Pinball machines were made to be played...by everyone...clueless dad's and bratty kids included. I'm good as long as the glass stays on and no carving on the cabinet. Otherwise..have at it.

#244 6 years ago

I agree, I love seeing the oddball games at the show that I never saw on location and have only heard about. Or seeing the games that I have forgotten about. Every year I see at least one that I had forgotten about and seeing them always brings back memories of where I saw it and played it last.

The question I continually wrestle with is "what can we do to get people to bring their games to the show?" As with pretty much everything with the show, we are open to suggestions and comments.

Quoted from burningman:

Woodrails, em's, ss games are great. My point was that we can all bring our beater games, but that would kinda suck. I am bringing an ss game....but its certainly not a crappy game that I pulled out of the warehouse.
These shows, for me, is a place to play games that I had not experienced before, DMD and Woodrails included.
I only hope that the guys that bring games to get free entry don't bring their junk out of fear that something may happen. Pinball machines were made to be played...by everyone...clueless dad's and bratty kids included. I'm good as long as the glass stays on and no carving on the cabinet. Otherwise..have at it.

#245 6 years ago
Quoted from mbaumle:

Without food or drink, I imagine it kinda looking like this.

Wow! I needed that laugh first thing in the morning!!! What movie is that from???

Excellent!!!!

#246 6 years ago

Wow! I needed that laugh first thing in the morning!!! What movie is that from???
Excellent!!!!

I like the little guy getting tossed into the door of the van several times.

#247 6 years ago

What movie is that from???

It's from the movie "Hot Rod." It's a hilarious buddy comedy with the majority of the cast coming from Saturday Night Live. It got a terrible rating on rotten tomatoes, but if you can shut your brain off for 90 minutes, it's a fantastic movie!

#248 6 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

Your point is valid I don't disagree. But I still won't play 3" flipper games as much as 2" games. They are harder and more challenging.

I had a nice Free Fall in Allentown 2014, beautiful example. I watched some Richard playing it like slap shot hockey. I learned 2 things that day: 1. Crank up the tilt 2. Expect jackasses. I don't bring games that are beaters or cosmetic nightmares. I bring good games in above average condition that are working as they should or close to it. Repainted games ive put 30-40 hours into a total cabinet paint job , they stay home. Personally I always seem to nick or chip a cabinet, even with stretch wrap. plus as I get older humping my pics in and out of the cellar is becoming more of a challenge.

#249 6 years ago

What are you asking for the Grand Lizard, they were pretty fun machines.

Quoted from 80spit:

Just Registered 5 pins for the show, Grand Lizard, DE Playboy, Phoenix, Eye of the Tiger, Jacks to Open, All will be in freeplay and for sale. looking forward to a great show and meeting up with everyone, and play some Bingo!!

#250 6 years ago

I have a working players Atari Superman that I am going to sell and would be willing to deliver to The show. Some wear on the playfield, cabinet decent, backglass ok, side rails have some surface rust but I have another pair that haven't been installed yet. Needs to be shopped. It's not perfect but it plays good. All the displays are bright. $1600. PM me if anyone is interested

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 129.99
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball
Cabinet parts
$ 98.99
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
$ 1.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens
Toys/Add-ons
$ 8.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom
Led
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,134 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 23.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/york-show-news-future-white-rose-gameroomyork-show-2017-edition/page/5?hl=ryansherwood and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.