20170930_175609 (resized).jpg
20170929_080848 (resized).jpg
20170929_084545 (resized).jpg
20170929_165855 (resized).jpg
20170930_102158 (resized).jpg
20170930_095954 (resized).jpg
20170930_102858 (resized).jpg
20170930_104107 (resized).jpg
There are 1,134 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 23.
#151 6 years ago

I'm curious as well ...

#152 6 years ago

Someone from RGP started a spreadsheet at
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_kK9Z-ETPwcbdho0s-jrogbSLpHz1mRAdCP4mbCNBcA/edit#gid=0

The show promoter is OK with it. He just hopes that the people using the spreadsheet support the show by coming inside and shopping the show vendors.

#153 6 years ago

I plan on bringing my tommy to the free play area. It is for sale in the marketplace. Also considering bringing getaway and thinking of potentially selling or trading both to fund a more expensive machine. Looking forward to the show!

#154 6 years ago

I am starting to feel like there is a family conspiracy trying to keep me from setting up at the flea market at York. I have been trying to set up at the York Show for over 5 years and EVER year someone in the family has messed me up. Two deaths in family with services out of town that weekend, my son had closing on his house last year and I had to help him move, etc. I thought I was "home free" this year but it now looks like I might have to help my sister move that weekend. She sold her house a couple weeks ago and had to move everything into storage & my trailers. Now she is suppose to close on her new place the end of September? Originally it was suppose to be the end of August so I thought I was safe letting her store stuff in my two trailers but closing got pushed back. What the heck is going on?

Anyway I'll be trying to get it figured out over the next couple weeks and hopefully be able to bring a load of machines & parts to the flea market but so far it isn't looking good. I just found out about this Wednesday - sorry for wasting peoples time reading this but I am frustrated and just needed to vent a little.

Maybe a "Plan B" with just taking a van load of parts and smaller stuff will be the answer. But I know - like in the past - she is expecting my help moving so only time will tell. Thankfully I am running out of family members that can move so my death will likely be the next thing keeping me from setting up?

#155 6 years ago
Quoted from too-many-pins:

I am starting to feel like there is a family conspiracy trying to keep me from setting up at the flea market at York. I have been trying to set up at the York Show for over 5 years and EVER year someone in the family has messed me up. Two deaths in family with services out of town that weekend, my son had closing on his house last year and I had to help him move, etc. I thought I was "home free" this year but it now looks like I might have to help my sister move that weekend. She sold her house a couple weeks ago and had to move everything into storage & my trailers. Now she is suppose to close on her new place the end of September? Originally it was suppose to be the end of August so I thought I was safe letting her store stuff in my two trailers but closing got pushed back. What the heck is going on?
Anyway I'll be trying to get it figured out over the next couple weeks and hopefully be able to bring a load of machines & parts to the flea market but so far it isn't looking good. I just found out about this Wednesday - sorry for wasting peoples time reading this but I am frustrated and just needed to vent a little.
Maybe a "Plan B" with just taking a van load of parts and smaller stuff will be the answer. But I know - like in the past - she is expecting my help moving so only time will tell. Thankfully I am running out of family members that can move so my death will likely be the next thing keeping me from setting up?

Skip! Don't joke about that! Maybe you can inventory your stuff and bring a list to be picked up later?

#156 6 years ago

Just chip in on the cost of the moving company your back will thank you all the people your soon to swear at about moving all of someone else's crap that they've been packratting for years as most of us are somewhat hoarders and want you to treat everything you move as if it's priceless which it is because it's junk well good luck with the move and if you read this do you still have that Eldorado city of gold for sale

#157 6 years ago

Time Warp SOLD on Facebook.

#158 6 years ago
Quoted from dhard:

Just chip in on the cost of the moving company your back will thank you all the people your soon to swear at about moving all of someone else's crap that they've been packratting for years as most of us are somewhat hoarders and want you to treat everything you move as if it's priceless which it is because it's junk well good luck with the move and if you read this do you still have that Eldorado city of gold for sale

Still have the Eldorado City of Gold here. We thought it was 100% then discovered an issue with the drop target and never got back to working on it so it has just been sitting for months.

You must know my sister - I have never seen so much stuff in my life! They paid movers to move most of it (4 truck loads filling two 10 x 30 storage units) beyond the stuff they already moved into a 10x10 storage unit and put into my two trailers. They will never live long enough to sort through all the stuff they decided to keep and pay to have moved into storage. Thankfully my only obligation is to get my two trailer loads of stuff delivered to them & help them move enough stuff in so they can stay at the new place instead of staying in a motel any longer than necessary. They were suppose to move in this coming weekend but well water didn't pass and now mortgage company will not give them the money for closing until water passes inspection. So now everything is delayed for a few weeks while seller gets all that sorted out.

Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Skip! Don't joke about that! Maybe you can inventory your stuff and bring a list to be picked up later?

I have not given up yet - I am just kind of discouraged this seems to happen every year just before the York Show. Come hell or high water one of these days I will set up at York and I am still hoping this year will be it!

#159 6 years ago

I'm looking for nice examples of the following games...

Eight Ball
Eight Ball Deluxe
Eight Ball Champ
TAF
Funhouse
ToM
Pool Sharks
Comet
Cyclone
Genie
Cactus Jacks

#160 6 years ago

Come hell or high water one of these days I will set up at York and I am still hoping this year will be it!

High water was 2013.

Hope you do get to make it!!!

#161 6 years ago
Quoted from SkeebWilcox:

High water was 2013.
Hope you do get to make it!!!

Funny you posted about the "high water in 2013" that is exactly why I used that phrase - I don't think there has been a year since Rich took the show over that there wasn't heavy rain. As far as making it, I am sure going to do my best.

#162 6 years ago

Egg Head
Target Pool
Drop-A-Card
Atlantis

#163 6 years ago

World Cup Soccer 94 for sale and can deliver to York on Saturday.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-world-cup-soccer-can-deliver-to-york#post-3937188

#164 6 years ago

Looks like it is time for a bump & an update. Found out yesterday my sister finally got water issue resolved so things are looking a little better. Maybe York in 2017 still might happen for me!

#165 6 years ago

Looking for the following games in Huo/restored condition for sale at show, or near the area.

Fh, TOM, TOTAN, CV, RS, TZ, LOTR (possibly)

If you have any and are interested in parting with, let's talk. Thanks.

#166 6 years ago

I'm sure somebody knows this answer, will there be some electric available for testing purposes around the flea market area inside

#167 6 years ago
Quoted from Ashwood486:

I'm sure somebody knows this answer, will there be some electric available for testing purposes around the flea market area inside

Rich will likely chime in and verify but I would assume there should be electric for test playing machines in flea market area. I know there isn't going to be electric in each space but there should be an area when machines can be tested. If nothing else you could likely grab electric from freeplay area but I highly doubt that will be necessary. Rich - please verify when you have a minute!

#168 6 years ago
Quoted from Ashwood486:

I sent Rich a PM asking that question. His reply was not at this time. He did not know if that end of the building had any electric.

#169 6 years ago

Anyone selling a Gottleib 007?

#170 6 years ago
Quoted from ibuypinballs:

I sent Rich a PM asking that question. His reply was not at this time. He did not know if that end of the building had any electric.

Thanks Pete!

#171 6 years ago

That is correct, being a new hall I don't know the specifics of where the outlets are in the flea market area nor if they will be powered or not.
We try to limit the games moving around during show hours as we would rather not have anyone get hurt by getting run over by a moving game. While us collectors know to stay out of the way, the general public and children don't seem to know to stay out of the way.

Quoted from ibuypinballs:

#172 6 years ago

I understand, just trying to get an idea of what I need to bring for setting up in the flea market area. Thanks for the fast reply

Quoted from rmarket:

That is correct, being a new hall I don't know the specifics of where the outlets are in the flea market area nor if they will be powered or not.
We try to limit the games moving around during show hours as we would rather not have anyone get hurt by getting run over by a moving game. While us collectors know to stay out of the way, the general public and children don't seem to know to stay out of the way.

#173 6 years ago
Quoted from rmarket:

Rich,

The thoughts of the "new" bigger hall are exciting but I can see where it could cause issues the first time around with "silly little things" like electric for testing in the indoor flea market area. I know York Fairgrounds is kind of crazy with what they charge to "drop electric" so I fully understand not wanting to pay the extra to have a line dropped to the flea market area but I also realize it is tough trying to sell a working machine without having electric to prove it is working. Hopefully something will work out so people can try games but I know you have bigger things to address when getting ready for the show.

I am trying very hard to get my sisters stuff out of my trailer. Hopefully I know one way or another in a week or two but I would love to set up this year if at all possible. Either way best of luck for 2017 - "the year without rain" because of the indoor flea market!

#174 6 years ago

The difference between the prices between the indoor flea market area and the vendor spots is due to the charges for electric.

Rich,
The thoughts of the "new" bigger hall are exciting but I can see where it could cause issues the first time around with "silly little things" like electric for testing in the indoor flea market area. I know York Fairgrounds is kind of crazy with what they charge to "drop electric" so I fully understand not wanting to pay the extra to have a line dropped to the flea market area but I also realize it is tough trying to sell a working machine without having electric to prove it is working. Hopefully something will work out so people can try games but I know you have bigger things to address when getting ready for the show.
I am trying very hard to get my sisters stuff out of my trailer. Hopefully I know one way or another in a week or two but I would love to set up this year if at all possible. Either way best of luck for 2017 - "the year without rain" because of the indoor flea market!

#175 6 years ago

I was going to say one of the reasons I paid the extra money for a vendor spot instead of a flea market spot was because it had electric. Otherwise I would have just gotten a flea market spot for less money.

#176 6 years ago

This is probably going to come off wrong, it's hard to sound sincere in a message but, I truly didn't realize that. LOL oh well this will be my first year at York so, I'll have probably more than one learning curve I have to overcome. thank you for the information

Quoted from rmarket:

The difference between the prices between the indoor flea market area and the vendor spots is due to the charges for electric.

#177 6 years ago
Quoted from rmarket:

I doubt most people are aware of this but the fairground charges a crazy amount of money to "drop" electric into a space. If my memory is correct 20 years ago getting one line dropped was something like $75. Typically I don't sell working machine in the flea market area of shows but I know some dealers do so it would be nice to have a spot where things could be plugged in and tested. But I also understand to keep things as cheap as possible Rich needs to watch expenses.

Unlike lots of other shows Rich has not increased entrance price in years which is great for the paying public but that makes his budget even tighter. One thing I think we all need to remember is show promoters work very hard to make these shows happen for very little thanks. And to all the promoters I would like to personally say a big THANK YOU for all you do!

Rich - when it comes to questions like this please understand - I don't think people are complaining - I think it is more just wanting to know what they are going to have available. See ya in about 4 weeks!

Quoted from Ashwood486:

This is probably going to come off wrong, it's hard to sound sincere in a message but, I truly didn't realize that. LOL oh well this will be my first year at York so, I'll have probably more than one learning curve I have to overcome. thank you for the information

Nothing wrong with asking! Every question asked helps not only you but might also help someone else.

#178 6 years ago

The entrance price has been the same for at least 10 years. I think the only time it increased was when the show moved from the Fire hall to the Fairgrounds. You are right, it is tough balancing act as the expenses for the show increase every year.
Believe it or not, we do listen closely to what people are asking for and the responses to the surveys we do. This year's indoor flea market is an example of that.
This may sound stupid, but I don't think of the show as "my show", more along the lines as the collector's community show and I am just doing my part, as are the people that help with the show, bring games to the show, rent spaces or whatever else.

#179 6 years ago
Quoted from rmarket:

This may sound stupid, but I don't think of the show as "my show", more along the lines as the collector's community show and I am just doing my part, as are the people that help with the show, bring games to the show, rent spaces or whatever else.

Rich,

I think that thought process is what is missing with a lot of what goes on in the world today. Someone taking the lead and helping organize a group of people to accomplish something great and not saying (or thinking) it is all because of them. I know it takes a lot of work to make a show happen and I thank you for that but I also realize a show is more than one person. It takes a group of great people to make something like this happen. It just makes me so very happy to see the shows that have survived over the years keep growing due to the hard work of many. But it also takes a good leader so give your self some credit for that.

I am just hopefully I'll be able to join you guys this year but I will not know for a few days. I'll let you know ASAP as far as spaces but I am still waiting on my sister. Either way keep up the great work!

#180 6 years ago

4 weeks from today is set up day for anyone keeping score.

TIME FLIES - I still have not cleaned up from Allentown and York is almost here! I hate getting older & slower! At first quick look I was thinking 5 weeks from today and that was bad enough - but just 27 days to get everything ready and get my trailer back from being loaded with my sisters shit doesn't sound like fun.

#181 6 years ago

Just got word from my brother-in-law tonight closing is delayed again so I am back up in the air as far as if my trailer will be empty in time. I wish everyone on their end would get it together and get this deal wrapped up so I can have my trailer back. First they went through over 3 months of crazy trying to get their old place sold and now they are going through more crazy trying to close on their new place?

Anyway - I am just sitting here banging my head against the wall wondering why I had to be a nice guy and let them fill my trailer. I should know better with family & especially with my sister & her track record. I could write a book!

#182 6 years ago

Hey all - I ordered some WPC Power Fix swag so here's an extra little deal: Anyone who places a WPC era game in the free play area at York can come by my booth and pick up a little gift as a reward. Deal expires if I run out but otherwise no strings attached.

-Rob
-visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or for my Pinball 2000 H+V video sync combiner kit

#183 6 years ago

Rich do you have a ballpark number for the amount of games in the free play area and have you saw an increase in the flea market entrepreneurs since they have inside spots to choose from?

#184 6 years ago

We usually get around 200 games for the free play area. As far as the inside flea market, we have a few people getting spots that never had flea market spots before.

People tend to wait the last minute to register games and spots so it is really too early to tell one way or another. (Believe me, I understand everyone is busy and details like registering gets put off)

So for those reading this and planning on bringing a game or getting a vendor or flea market spot, please register as soon as you can. I need to turn the floor plan into the fair grounds in the next couple of days and once I do that, the number of indoor flea market and vendor spots and area designated for free play is locked in. Right now I have some flexibility with the layout and can shift some of the spaces around. But I will have to guess at the number of spots I need.

The larger hall with indoor flea market is an experiment this year. How well it is recieved will determine if it we will have an indoor flea market for next years show. (show planning for 2018 is underway) We need a number of indoor flea spots to cover the additional costs of the larger hall.

#185 6 years ago

Rich,

Hopefully I will know more Tuesday - I talked to my brother-in-law last night and they are still waiting to hear back from the lawyers about new closing date. I am hoping to take 2 indoor flea market spaces and am about 75% sure I will be able to "pull that off" but I hate to commit until I know for sure. Even if closing is "pushed back" I hope to be able to attend at least one day and will likely take one space for backglasses & other smaller stuff I can bring without the trailer. Tuesday 9/5 should hold the answer at this point - if not I might just go ahead and reserve one space and be done with it.

#186 6 years ago

I am coming to set up for the first time in the flea market area and the only reason is because its inside so , I think its great and hope it is a success. I look forward to seeing the amount of games on the freeplay floor and plan on putting at least 3 out to help the show, and bringing 8 more for the booth plus many spare parts and original backglasses . My family enjoys everything so much, we also go to the Louisville show and they had game characters in costume walking around for the kids and the kids 12 and under were all dressed up with a costume show in mid afternoon and several door prizes for them. thanks for the hard work you do.

Quoted from rmarket:

We usually get around 200 games for the free play area. As far as the inside flea market, we have a few people getting spots that never had flea market spots before.
People tend to wait the last minute to register games and spots so it is really too early to tell one way or another. (Believe me, I understand everyone is busy and details like registering gets put off)
So for those reading this and planning on bringing a game or getting a vendor or flea market spot, please register as soon as you can. I need to turn the floor plan into the fair grounds in the next couple of days and once I do that, the number of indoor flea market and vendor spots and area designated for free play is locked in. Right now I have some flexibility with the layout and can shift some of the spaces around. But I will have to guess at the number of spots I need.
The larger hall with indoor flea market is an experiment this year. How well it is recieved will determine if it we will have an indoor flea market for next years show. (show planning for 2018 is underway) We need a number of indoor flea spots to cover the additional costs of the larger hall.

#187 6 years ago
Quoted from Ashwood486:

I am coming to set up for the first time in the flea market area and the only reason is because its inside so , I think its great and hope it is a success. I look forward to seeing the amount of games on the freeplay floor and plan on putting at least 3 out to help the show, and bringing 8 more for the booth plus many spare parts and original backglasses . My family enjoys everything so much, we also go to the Louisville show and they had game characters in costume walking around for the kids and the kids 12 and under were all dressed up with a costume show in mid afternoon and several door prizes for them. thanks for the hard work you do.

You will love the show - nice laid back feeling, lots of great machines to play, typically a lot of earlier machines and Bingo Machines (you don't normally see at other shows) all the way up to the newest machines. Rich & his crew do a great job with everything. The only thing really lacking at York is the great food Allentown has but otherwise York is my favorite show.

Plenty of good food if you drive a mile or two but nothing at the fairground worth taking about. So plan ahead as far as food goes and you will love the show. Don't get me wrong - there is typically a food vendor in the hall - just not the food selection like at the farmers market at Allentown. So when I head to York I bring food in the cooler or drive down the street for something decent.

Rich - if you happen to read this post is there a food vendor in the new hall? Just to verify for others that might be interested.

#188 6 years ago

Has there been an increase in EM and 1980's machines and a decrease in 1990's and newer Solid states present at the show, or is it just me? Just a small observation that I have had over the past 10 years.

#189 6 years ago

You will love the show - nice laid back feeling, lots of great machines to play, typically a lot of earlier machines and Bingo Machines (you don't normally see at other shows) all the way up to the newest machines. Rich & his crew do a great job with everything.

I second this! Rich and everyone do a great job, and I look forward to this show all year long.

I've had the opportunity to play so many beautiful woodrail and metal rail EMs that I never would otherwise have seen. I think it's great that the woodrails have been assembled in a row (Woodrail Row) for as long as I've been attending.

Also, thank you for the bingo plug. Bingo Row (wonder where I got the inspiration?) has grown in attendance and participation for the past two years, and is on track to have the most collector participation of any of the previous three years. Come give them a shot, even if you're a die hard solid state person, and play the one-of-a-kind hybrid solid state Multi-Bingo, and say hello!

#190 6 years ago

You will love the show - nice laid back feeling, lots of great machines to play, typically a lot of earlier machines and Bingo Machines (you don't normally see at other shows) all the way up to the newest machines. Rich & his crew do a great job with everything. The only thing really lacking at York is the great food Allentown has but otherwise York is my favorite show.
Plenty of good food if you drive a mile or two but nothing at the fairground worth taking about. So plan ahead as far as food goes and you will love the show. Don't get me wrong - there is typically a food vendor in the hall - just not the food selection like at the farmers market at Allentown. So when I head to York I bring food in the cooler or drive down the street for something decent.
Rich - if you happen to read this post is there a food vendor in the new hall? Just to verify for others that might be interested.

Some guys used to grill and tailgate out in the flea market area, but the fairgrounds put the kabosh on that. Boo.... hisss.....
That's a part of shows that many of us enjoy greatly, and another reason why indoor flea markets, while having obvious advantages, take a lot of the fun out the shows.

#191 6 years ago

I agree, I didn't see any issue with what they were doing. However the fairgrounds did. The first time they said that they didn't want open flame around their 200 year old wooden buildings. OK, that seems like a reasonable request. Then people start using electric grills and then we were told that they had liability issues with people handing out food. The line of thinking is that if someone gets sick from food they ate there, the fairgrounds could get sued. I guess that is plausible with as sue happy as people are nowadays.
It is one of those things that I truly have no control over. It is their property and they set the rules.

Quoted from jrpinball:

Some guys used to grill and tailgate out in the flea market area, but the fairgrounds put the kabosh on that. Boo.... hisss.....
That's a part of shows that many of us enjoy greatly, and another reason why indoor flea markets, while having obvious advantages, take a lot of the fun out the shows.

#192 6 years ago

The IFPA tournament will be on Saturday and the details are as follows:
9am Show Doors Open
10am Registration Desk Open
11am to 2pm - Three Hours of Match-Play - Four-Player Match-Play (7/5/3/1 scoring). We\'ll play as many rounds as we can get in during those three hours. People are allowed to join mid-tournament, but will start with zero points.
2pm to Finish - Finals

Finals Format:
A-Division: Top 8 play in PAPA-Style 3-Game Match-Play Finals on finals machines with same (7/5/3/1) scoring.
B-Division: Next 8 play in single game double elimination bracket with games on the floor.
C-Division: Next 8 play in single game double elimination bracket with games on the floor.

Entry Fee: $10

Many thanks to Jay for taking over running the IFPA tournament at the show.

#193 6 years ago

Fantastic details for the tournament! Much better format than last year!

#194 6 years ago

Just an opinion if that's true, then the cost of most 90s and newer machines are pretty high and have been on the increase for several years and setting up a machine for the free play area, that is in the higher end of the price scale could possibly be a reason for the decrease. I take care of every machine on the floor but, the general public I have been around just don't think or care. I have asked people to please set there drinks on the ground too many times and get the strangest looks. lol So, when I show up with a 40 yr old Evel Knievel or a HUO Tri Zone even thought they are not in the same league as a Adams family or Circus Voltaire, they are still something I care about, not saying mine won't be on the free play section just it is a little nerve racking to watch haha.

Quoted from sohchx:

Has there been an increase in EM and 1980's machines and a decrease in 1990's and newer Solid states present at the show, or is it just me? Just a small observation that I have had over the past 10 years.

#195 6 years ago

I have been putting together a list of items for sale. It is a long list. It is PRELIMINARY and I will work on the prices of some items. Some items are new and no longer available and priced at what I paid for them. If they don't sell, I'll hang on to them. Most are priced below new, even for the unavailable items. I am sure I still have to refine.

I gave up trying to list all the flyers that were not pinball related. Some are interesting, some are probably worthless. Hopefully there will be some treasures or hard to find parts in this list.

http://purcellvillepinball.com/2017PreliminaryYorkShowList.html

I'll be in the indoor flea market area. The items of interest are hopefully the 5 Mills and Pace slot machines, pinball manuals, some plastic sets, some translites, pinball books, and Elvis items. I am bringing some unrelated items in case there is interest (like Lionel train catalogs, watch catalogs, music CDs).

Thanks
Michael

#196 6 years ago
Quoted from rmarket:

The IFPA tournament will be on Saturday and the details are as follows:
9am Show Doors Open
10am Registration Desk Open
11am to 2pm - Three Hours of Match-Play - Four-Player Match-Play (7/5/3/1 scoring). We\'ll play as many rounds as we can get in during those three hours. People are allowed to join mid-tournament, but will start with zero points.
2pm to Finish - Finals
Finals Format:
A-Division: Top 8 play in PAPA-Style 3-Game Match-Play Finals on finals machines with same (7/5/3/1) scoring.
B-Division: Next 8 play in single game double elimination bracket with games on the floor.
C-Division: Next 8 play in single game double elimination bracket with games on the floor.
Entry Fee: $10
Many thanks to Jay for taking over running the IFPA tournament at the show.

Nice, Jay is running it. It should be much better than last year's.

#197 6 years ago

Hi to all! I'm looking to buy a color DMD, do you guys know if any of the vendors signed in will sell them?

Thanks!

~ja

#198 6 years ago

I have a brand new BSD speaker panel plastic (with removable center red gel) for use with colordmd and a complete brand new plastic set that can be picked up at the show. Package deal $200

#199 6 years ago

i have a used cointaker led kit for MM that i uninstalled and replaced with my own thing after i bought the pin. was probably only used for 2-3 weeks. pm me if interested.

#200 6 years ago

In search for a 91 bride of pinbot.. anyone by chance hauling one down ?
One slipped threw my fingers tonight ...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball

$ 129.99
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

There are 1,134 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 23.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/york-show-news-future-white-rose-gameroomyork-show-2017-edition/page/4?hl=uncle_jose and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.