20170930_175609 (resized).jpg
20170929_080848 (resized).jpg
20170929_084545 (resized).jpg
20170929_165855 (resized).jpg
20170930_102158 (resized).jpg
20170930_095954 (resized).jpg
20170930_102858 (resized).jpg
20170930_104107 (resized).jpg
There are 1,134 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 23.
#51 6 years ago

Is anyone coming from the panhandle area of Florida that can bring a game with them to York?

Thanks,

Alan

#52 6 years ago

Just over 2 months until the show and time is passing by quickly. If we ever get a break from this hot weather I really need to start getting stuff moved around to see what all is headed to the show. I am hoping to have at least a dozen (or more) project machines plus some parts but my load is pretty much totally undecided at this point. I am just excited I'll finally be able to make a York Show for the first time in like 5 years.

#53 6 years ago

I attended last year and picked up a Hobbit LE NIB. Previously I got soaking wet and bogged down in mud in the outdoor flea market area. I have reserved my space inside for the indoor flea market. I have been collecting a lot of parts and such that I hope to sell. I plan to bring a few of my slot machines to free up space. I may bring a Demolition Man for free play/to sell if I don't sell it before the show.

I look forward to meeting people at these shows. I went to Pinfest for the first time this year and enjoyed it. I do enjoy The York show. I'll enjoy being indoors. In a week or so, I will start to inventory what I am bringing and create a list on my website that I will link to. This will help me organize and determine prices. (My goal is to fairly price the items so they sell.)

Look forward to meeting old friends and new,

Michael
Purcellville Pinball

#54 6 years ago

I look forward to meeting people at these shows. I went to Pinfest for the first time this year and enjoyed it. I do enjoy The York show. I'll enjoy being indoors. In a week or so, I will start to inventory what I am bringing and create a list on my website that I will link to. This will help me organize and determine prices. (My goal is to fairly price the items so they sell.)
Look forward to meeting old friends and new,

A lot of people overlook that meeting the fellow collectors is as enjoyable as seeing and playing the games at these shows. I look forward to the shows and having a chance to see the friends that I only get to see and talk to a couple of times a year (at the shows).

#55 6 years ago

I know it's early, but anyone looking to bring a Funhouse or Haunted House this year?

#56 6 years ago

No head-to-head IFPA tournament this year?

http://www.theyorkshow.com/tournaments.html

#57 6 years ago

That is the link to the "for fun" tournaments that the show itself has had for many years.
IFPA tournament details are still being discussed.

#58 6 years ago

i plan on attending ! hoping to find a fireball 2 !!

#59 6 years ago

We sent in our vendor registration form last week, looking forward to our first York show. We had a great time at Pintastic. We are looking for a game to place in our booth, you would get a lot of free mods. We had Metallica in our Allentown booth and GB in our Pintastic booth. Zero issues with either game and we watch it closely, as if it were our own. Please contact me if you are interested in placing a game in our booth on free play and you get the same benefit as having it on the floor.

20170707_095050 (resized).jpg20170707_095050 (resized).jpg

#60 6 years ago

I am planning on attending and really behind on talking to the other bingo row guys. Last year I and other bingo pinball enthusiasts brought a bunch of bingos and I made the public reveal of the Multi-Bingo, capable of playing 40 different bingos all in one cab. This year, I've got all 138 U.S. electromechanical (and one solid state) in the Multi, along with lots of fun new cosmetics (some of which I haven't photo'd yet). Hopefully you all enjoy (or at least give it a try) and come and say 'hello'.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/multi-bingo-machine

I will also be bringing at least one other game (probably several more). I have spoken with a few other collectors and there should be a strong presence again this year. I'll see if I can get some more folks interested in bringing games - this will be the third year of a concentrated 'bingo row'. Lots of bingo pinball hobbyists are planning to be there, too!

And continuing tradition, if you can get a 4 or 5 in a row on any of the bingo row machines, I have a prize for you! Each year I am trying to do something different, so that folks don't wind up with a mountain of the same prize.

I almost always sell off a flipper game while I'm there - I wonder what's on the chopping block this year? Haven't thought that far ahead.

York is a fantastic show with a laid-back atmosphere. Looking forward to seeing everyone and sharing my creation and love for the bingos. Is it September yet?

#61 6 years ago

Hello, I plan to attend the show for the first time and am looking for a Chicago Coin Superstar back glass, hope someone has one!

#62 6 years ago

Sounds like fun, looking forward to it.

#63 6 years ago

Looking forward to the show. I am going to be bringing my Tommy for free play/sale/trade and might also bring getaway.

Also, for anyone considering putting a pin in lermod's booth, I would highly recommend going for it. I had my NIB Metallica in his booth at Allentown and it looked way better after than before the show with no issues. Also, he is a really nice guy, who I will be buying mods from at this show.

#64 6 years ago
Quoted from tomh52722:

Looking forward to the show. I am going to be bringing my Tommy for free play/sale/trade and might also bring getaway.
Also, for anyone considering putting a pin in lermod's booth, I would highly recommend going for it. I had my NIB Metallica in his booth at Allentown and it looked way better after than before the show with no issues. Also, he is a really nice guy, who I will be buying mods from at this show.

Thanks Tom, appreciate the kind words and your willingness to provide us with a game for our booth. The least we can do is give the game the works. We are still looking for a game, a few offers, but still looking. We don't have a preference necessarily on a new vs old game, just a game that can be well modded, some are better than others.

We take good care of the game, including cleaning and waxing it after the first day and we watch it closely to make sure nobody is doing what they shouldn't with it.

Edit: a stern Star trek will now be on our booth with the works! Backbox mod, trough light, backboard light and undercabinet lights and anything else I can think of.

#65 6 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Thanks Tom, appreciate the kind words and your willingness to provide us with a game for our booth. The least we can do is give the game the works. We are still looking for a game, a few offers, but still looking. We don't have a preference necessarily on a new vs old game, just a game that can be well modded, some are better than others.
We take good care of the game, including cleaning and waxing it after the first day and we watch it closely to make sure nobody is doing what they shouldn't with it.
Edit: a stern Star trek will now be on our booth with the works! Backbox mod, trough light, backboard light and undercabinet lights and anything else I can think of.

A great offer indeed.

#66 6 years ago

I was looking at the building description on the york expo's website... those 10,000 extra square feet are going to be nice! The building having a lobby will also be a big plus. Rich, thanks for taking the show to new levels this year! I booked my room at the show hotel this week - they still have rooms at the show's group rate.

-Rob
-visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or for my Pinball 2000 H+V video sync combiner kit

#67 6 years ago

I will be bringing a Sure Shot for free play & for sale if it doesn't sell beforehand. I also have a WWF Royal Rumble that is very clean and has the alternate translite that I would be willing to sell or trade if we can work out a deal prior.

#68 6 years ago
Quoted from rkahr:

I was looking at the building description on the york expo's website... those 10,000 extra square feet are going to be nice! The building having a lobby will also be a big plus. Rich, thanks for taking the show to new levels this year! I booked my room at the show hotel this week - they still have rooms at the show's group rate.
-Rob
-visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or for my Pinball 2000 H+V video sync combiner kit

You are welcome. The extra space is allowing us to have an indoor flea market. The weather the past few years has really hurt the outdoor flea market. I think we have had rain every year for the past five years. And yes, we are expecting the weather this year to be rain free and perfect.

#69 6 years ago

If this year's IFPA tournament is run in the same manner as the one last year, I hope that only ONE PLAYER will be allowed to be on a machine at a time. When I walked back to the game bank last year and saw four people playing on all machines at the same time I just walked out. Why even have a tournament if you are not going to run it in a decent and orderly fashion?

#70 6 years ago
Quoted from SkeebWilcox:

If this year's IFPA tournament is run in the same manner as the one last year, I hope that only ONE PLAYER will be allowed to be on a machine at a time. When I walked back to the game bank last year and saw four people playing on all machines at the same time I just walked out. Why even have a tournament if you are not going to run it in a decent and orderly fashion?

I'm confused. Wouldn't it then take 4x as long?

#71 6 years ago
Quoted from SkeebWilcox:

I'm confused too. Last year was a head-to-head tournament so only two players were on a machine at a time.

I made the suggestion to designate an area devoted to machines to be played in the tournament and machines drawn at random. But I was told that it was not feasible.

#72 6 years ago
Quoted from SkeebWilcox:

I'm confused as well. I played in the IFPA tournament that was run on Saturday. It was a head to head tournament and every machine in the building was in the "bank", including vendor machines. Machines were agreed upon by both players. There was no "bank" of games for the IFPA tournament. Perhaps you are referring to something else?

#73 6 years ago
Quoted from VectorGamer:

I'm confused too. Last year was a head-to-head tournament so only two players were on a machine at a time.
I made the suggestion to designate an area devoted to machines to be played in the tournament and machines drawn at random. But I was told that it was not feasible.

The people that bring games to the show, do not want them used exclusively by the IFPA tournament.

#74 6 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

I'm confused as well. I played in the IFPA tournament that was run on Saturday. It was a head to head tournament and every machine in the building was in the "bank", including vendor machines. Machines were agreed upon by both players. There was no "bank" of games for the IFPA tournament. Perhaps you are referring to something else?

This was not last year. '14 and '15 were like that, but last year was a select bank of games back in the left hand corner (I remember an Addams Family being one). I went back to play and every machine that had been designated in "the bank" had more than one player on it. I left. Will not even bother this year, no matter what the format is...

#75 6 years ago
Quoted from SkeebWilcox:

This was not last year. '14 and '15 were like that, but last year was a select bank of games back in the left hand corner (I remember an Addams Family being one). I went back to play and every machine that had been designated in "the bank" had more than one player on it. I left. Will not even bother this year, no matter what the format is...

I have only attended one York show, which was last year, also known as the year of the gun shop fire. I believe the bank you are referring to had Champion Pub and Demolition Man as 2 of the games. Not sure of the rest. These games were located near the "back entrance" where they handed out prizes and also the same entrance where the gun shop fire could be seen. This bank of games was NOT for the IFPA tournament. This bank of games was provided by the York organizers to hold "fun tournaments" like split flipper.

#76 6 years ago

I think you are mistaken. Are you sure you are talking about the York show? My Addams Family was at the show and it was not dedicated for IFPA use nor was there a dedicated bank of games for IFPA use. The IFPA players would select a game from the free play area. All of those games in that area of the Addams Family were either my games or someone helping with the show. There are tons of pictures of the show floating around. Can you locate one that has the dedicated bank of IFPA games you saw?

Quoted from SkeebWilcox:

#77 6 years ago

If anyone cares, and Rich is cool with it, I'll be bringing Demo Man, Champion Pub and Baby Pac Man again. If fate smiles upon me, maybe Hyperball. If not, maybe Hyperball.

#78 6 years ago

No. I have have no idea what I am talking about. I am just an illiterate imbecile that thinks a pinball tournament could have been run better. I'm sorry. I know nothing. It was probably Texas. In February. And Pingolf...

#79 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballtec:

If anyone cares, and Rich is cool with it, I'll be bringing Demo Man, Champion Pub and Baby Pac Man again. If fate smiles upon me, maybe Hyperball. If not, maybe Hyperball.

Was your CP there last year? I remember seeing one, and it was always getting a lot of plays.
Assuming weather is nice, and I can bribe some other local Pinsiders to help, I'll be bringing my Sample TZ and Nudge-It.

#80 6 years ago
Quoted from SkeebWilcox:

No. I have have no idea what I am talking about. I am just an illiterate imbecile that thinks a pinball tournament could have been run better. I'm sorry. I know nothing. It was probably Texas. In February. And Pingolf...

Well you weren't saying the tournament could have been run better, you were describing a situation that didn't exist at the show. And apparently left in anger over some sort of misunderstanding over it. I am trying to get to the root of why you thought that.

#81 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballtec:

Of course it is cool with me. Will you be bringing the fresh Venison again this year?

#82 6 years ago
Quoted from SkeebWilcox:

I think you're talking about the "Classics" IFPA tournament that was on Friday. It started 4 or 5 hours later than originally scheduled and then when it started they just picked 4 games in the back corner (Addams, Corvette, Champion Pub and Demo Man, I believe). Not long afterwards they replaced one of the games with Countdown (not sure of the issue). Format was pay to play all 4 and then pay an extra $5 (I think) to replace one of the scores. The scoring table was at the middle of the show and you had to take a picture of your score with your phone to report it. There were only around 20 participants and I saw one of the finalists just walk away from one of his games due to a bad score (and likely didn't report it). The scores were never posted on IFPA, although it would have barely been worth anything pointswise anyway.

https://www.facebook.com/events/636068966568169/

#83 6 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Was your CP there last year? I remember seeing one, and it was always getting a lot of plays.
Assuming weather is nice, and I can bribe some other local Pinsiders to help, I'll be bringing my Sample TZ and Nudge-It.

Yup, that was mine. It needs more Steveo. I was happy to see my games used for tournament play. I got the issue with the cryo claw fixed that Saturday morning and it's been quiet since.

#84 6 years ago
Quoted from rmarket:

Of course it is cool with me. Will you be bringing the fresh Venison again this year?

I still feel bad about that. I hope the fur and dried blood washed off. As for the stains on the interior, I make no apologies.

#85 6 years ago

I may change my free play game, I'll email you a response from that April eMail.

#86 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballtec:

Baby Pac for sale?

#87 6 years ago

No, I have been trying to buy that from him for years.

Quoted from djreddog:Baby Pac for sale?

#88 6 years ago
Quoted from DangerSem:

I think you're talking about the "Classics" IFPA tournament that was on Friday. It started 4 or 5 hours later than originally scheduled and then when it started they just picked 4 games in the back corner (Addams, Corvette, Champion Pub and Demo Man, I believe). Not long afterwards they replaced one of the games with Countdown (not sure of the issue). Format was pay to play all 4 and then pay an extra $5 (I think) to replace one of the scores. The scoring table was at the middle of the show and you had to take a picture of your score with your phone to report it. There were only around 20 participants and I saw one of the finalists just walk away from one of his games due to a bad score (and likely didn't report it). The scores were never posted on IFPA, although it would have barely been worth anything pointswise anyway.
https://www.facebook.com/events/636068966568169/

THERE is what I experienced. I never made it to the "regular" Tournament on Saturday because I came home, slept in my own bed and went and played in the PPO in Pittsburgh on Saturday. Sorry for any confusion and, from the circumstances described in the quoted post above, you can see why I left...

#89 6 years ago

OK, now that makes sense, that did indeed happen. The person that runs the IFPA tournament had his help bail out and he was unable to leave to work to get to the show to run the tournament. Obviously not an ideal situation and it happened at the last minute so there was no chance to line up more help.

#90 6 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Baby Pac for sale?

Quoted from rmarket:

No, I have been trying to buy that from him for years.

I'm not ready to part with it quite yet. Maybe if I had a decent Roadshow in the wings but that never seems to be the case. Till then please come to the show and spank my Baby.

#91 6 years ago

Any more thoughts about a Pinside "Meet n Greet" area? Rich where could we potentially set-up?

-Nate

#92 6 years ago

I need a reliable person to be the person in charge of the area.

#93 6 years ago

WTB: looking to buy a Williams Lady Luck Backglass. If you have one and are planning on come to the York show I will be there.

Thanks
Kickout

1460A036-1496-450E-98E7-AB2D35C44A74-5040-00000580A3299292_tmp (resized).png1460A036-1496-450E-98E7-AB2D35C44A74-5040-00000580A3299292_tmp (resized).png

#94 6 years ago

We have a volunteer for Friday for the get together area, can anyone cover Saturday? It isn't a full time job, we just need someone to check the area from time to time.

#95 6 years ago

Are you looking for an adult only? My almost 14 year old daughter will be with us and she doesn't play pinball. Last year she sat near the concession stand for most of the day and played on her phone. This can be an option if everyone is OK with it.

#96 6 years ago

WTB: 'Jackpot Party!' 1990s WMS slot machine

If you have one that you're bringing to York to sell, please send me a PM.
Thanks.

#97 6 years ago

This has always been my favorite show to attend. With the larger area for the indoor flea market rain shouldn't be an issue for York. Replay FX, Expo and Pintastic are bigger shows but I just have always thought York was well run. Allentown was really good this year too.

Rich,
Do you have an update on the vendors coming this year? Didn't see it on your website. I hope the vendors come out to support you this year since you have the larger area. I'll have my pinball cash in hand.

#98 6 years ago
Quoted from hillbilly:

Do you have an update on the vendors coming this year?

I'll be there - my KAHR.US Circuits booth is already reserved and paid in full. I've been working on a new setup for my booth that will be ready for the show.

-Rob

#99 6 years ago
Quoted from rkahr:

I'll be there - my KAHR.US Circuits booth is already reserved and paid in full. I've been working on a new setup for my booth that will be ready for the show.
-Rob

We will be there as well, paid up and booth reserved! Looking forward to it.

#100 6 years ago

Any information on about the vendors planning to attend? I searched on the website but it seems that haven't been updated since last show.

TIA!

~ja

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 179.99
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,134 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 23.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/york-show-news-future-white-rose-gameroomyork-show-2017-edition/page/2?hl=uncle_jose and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.