20170930_175609 (resized).jpg
20170929_080848 (resized).jpg
20170929_084545 (resized).jpg
20170929_165855 (resized).jpg
20170930_102158 (resized).jpg
20170930_095954 (resized).jpg
20170930_102858 (resized).jpg
20170930_104107 (resized).jpg
There are 1,134 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 23.
#851 6 years ago

Today is going well! Some games taken out, but some also added.

Interestingly, my TZ has developed two interesting issues : a sticking diverter gate, and balls will occasionally get caught in the piano entrance. No idea what's going on there.

Some how, i kicked a$$ on the JY that is there. I tripled the GC score.

Still some time left, too!

#852 6 years ago
Quoted from RatShack:

$3700 for South Park.

Lol yeah I have gotten an earful on pricing since yesterday. 2 black holes, One without the motion backglass and a ton of rust and pulsing lights for $1500, the other beat and barely working with reset issues at $2300. And a $2000 Haunted House with the poster paper in place of backglass. I really got a kick out of that one. All of the best condition games weren't for sale as expected.

#853 6 years ago

Scored a good deal on a Flash today!

Thanks Jim.

20170930_105635 (resized).jpg20170930_105635 (resized).jpg

#854 6 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Definitely tilted toward more EM games and there are some really nice ones...loving centigrade 3. the presence of cointaker and pinball star help a lot for those that want to play and buy newer games. Need to find a way to get more dmd games into the show.

This is always the flavor of York. Actually I think there are more non-em games than usual. It's usually driven by what titles people have to sell... the more S/dmds turning over... the more there will be in free play. This year had several good bally deals out there... and a few DMD deals that made it to mid day Friday.

Allentown has a more robust free play area. But York I think was great this year. Indoor only flea market I think thinned that crowd some.

#855 6 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

First day went really well, I think!
I had a blast, met some new folks - still wish I had a lot more folks from Pinside there.
My games did okay - interestingly, the kids and youngsters that played Nudge-It seemed to understand and do better at it FAR more than older adults. I thought that was amusing.
People seem to have an issue with contacting owners if there's a problem. About six different times I walk up to a game that wasn't working properly, and people there trying to figure out why - and eventually walking away (sometimes turning it off, sometimes not) without calling or texting the number on the game. Strange.
My TZ had a couple issues - interestingly, out of the blue, in the morning after about 10 games, a flipper started sticking. Had to loosen and ajust the flipper bat. Just a smidge, and after that, no issues with the flippers.
Looking forward to tomorrow!

I played your TZ a lot on Friday! What a nice machine!

#856 6 years ago

Did that 450 stern Wild Fyre come down in price?? Tempted yesterday..............

#857 6 years ago

Shout out to LERMods & Cointaker. Great service & really nice products. I picked up some cool stuff from both. Good to talk to Joe from Pinball Star too, hopefully I can get some biz your way soon. I talked to the TNA developer too, good guy, he told some of us the girl on the backglass was modeled after his wife, cool tidbit. Great show, it definitely had the down home vibe. I played a bunch of machines, my favorite was the Star Trek that LERMods tricked out.

#858 6 years ago

How many booths were there in the indoor and outdoor flea markets? Would u say that the indoor flea was equivalent to Allentown?

#859 6 years ago
Quoted from Schnollms:

How many booths were there in the indoor and outdoor flea markets? Would u say that the indoor flea was equivalent to Allentown?

It's tough to say where one vendor started and stopped. Allentown was bigger as it had that entire hall.

#860 6 years ago
Quoted from Schnollms:

Allentown Flea was much bigger I'd agree that the indoor flea deterred some regulars .IMHO it was a great flea for projects, but parts not so
Much

#861 6 years ago
Quoted from hawknole:

Shout out to LERMods & Cointaker. Great service & really nice products. I picked up some cool stuff from both. Good to talk to Joe from Pinball Star too, hopefully I can get some biz your way soon. I talked to the TNA developer too, good guy, he told some of us the girl on the backglass was modeled after his wife, cool tidbit. Great show, it definitely had the down home vibe. I played a bunch of machines, my favorite was the Star Trek that LERMods tricked out.

Thanks! That was my Star Trek! Was apprehensive about "lending" it to them for the show, but it played like a champ the whole time with zero issues. Seemed that there was always someone playing it which was cool, since it pretty much sits ignored here at home.

#862 6 years ago
Quoted from Schnollms:

I think it is a mistake to try to compare the two shows -- to me it is like picking your "favorite" child. But one thing I want to say is both Rich & Ivan do a great job running their shows. Without all the hard work both put into their shows and without dedicated staff at both shows we wouldn't be able to have two GREAT local shows.

Some people feel as though Allentown is a better location for a "Big Show" but York is a much bigger facility with an enormous amount of space. So space will never limit the size of the York Show. And even though Allentown is closer to NY and NJ the York Show could draw from Pittsburgh, Baltimore, Washington, and all the areas Allentown draws from as well -- if York continues to grow. There are so many major cities & so many people living within 3 hours of York it is INSANE to think about. And a 3 hour drive to get to a great show isn't bad.

Some of the largest car shows in the world happen in Carlisle (an hour west of York) & the largest train show in the world happens at the York Fairground so don't think it couldn't be home to the largest pinball show in the world if we all work together to make that happen.

Not trying to take anything away from Allentown - Ivan does a great job with that but sadly space has become an issue there and that is something that can not be changed. I just wish Allentown had more space to continue to grow - maybe a big tent in one of the parking lots if they would allow that? But how can we complain when a show promoter fills all available space in just a few short years! Great job Ivan!

In closing I just want to say thanks to Rich & his crew for another great York Show. Next up Allentown in just a few short months! Hats off to both Rich & Ivan for bigger & better shows this year! A big THANK YOU to all involved with making two local shows bigger & better in 2017!

#863 6 years ago
Quoted from DadofTwins:

Thanks! That was my Star Trek! Was apprehensive about "lending" it to them for the show, but it played like a champ the whole time with zero issues. Seemed that there was always someone playing it which was cool, since it pretty much sits ignored here at home.

The LERMods folks were really good about keeping an eye on it too. Star Trek is on my wish list, after playing yours it climbed a few spots on the list.

#864 6 years ago
Quoted from akm:

My Spiderman Home Edition will be in the free play area on Saturday. It will still be for sale or trade in-line with my Pinside listing, but if it doesn't go anywhere then at least it will be there for people to play and enjoy. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-spider-man-home-edition-1

This was actually a fun game and surprised me with the flow I could get going thru the orbit and back and forth on the ramps. My wife also enjoyed playing it Thanks for bringing it. Did you end up selling it today?

#865 6 years ago

agreed. SMHE surprised me, too.

#866 6 years ago

Bingo Row had a ton of activity! Another fantastic year. Thanks to everyone that stopped to chat or played my custom Multi-Bingo!

Thank you to Rich and his crew for another fantastic show!

Loaded up and heading to the next stop.

#867 6 years ago
Quoted from bingopodcast:

Bingo Row had a ton of activity! Another fantastic year. Thanks to everyone that stopped to chat or played my custom Multi-Bingo!
Thank you to Rich and his crew for another fantastic show!
Loaded up and heading to the next stop.

Glad to hear that Nick. How did the game hold up? What were the best scores and on what Multi-Bingo games?

#868 6 years ago

Game held up almost perfectly. I had a flaky trough switch that decided to flake out partway through very late Friday and again on Saturday. Needs adjusting, but hard to do on the show floor. Only impacted certain extra balls.

Beach Time was very popular, Ballerina, really very many games of all types. Cypress Gardens, Laguna Beach, Lido, gosh - a lot. Most people chose Bally games, but we had a couple United players, especially Triple Play, Serenade and South Seas.

Biggest hits? Vic got a hit in all three colors on Beach Time for Max odds. I'll post a photo in the bingo row thread when I get a moment.

Many, many 4 or 5 in a line winners on all games that walked away with a keychain, and hopefully an appreciation for some of the great games that were on display!

I met many folks from Pinside, thank you for taking the time to introduce yourselves and for chatting about and playing the project.

#869 6 years ago

Favorite pic of the show. He got it in.

IMG_1339 (resized).JPGIMG_1339 (resized).JPG

#870 6 years ago

Was the hatch still able to be closed with that wcs94 ? Is it a Subaru or Ford?

#871 6 years ago

Soooooo, I was picking up a Scared Stiff in MD. On the way home I say...."Hey, I don't think we're too far from the York show!" So I call around 2:30. I was about an hour and 15 minutes away! I was told they stop selling tickets at 4...but they are open till 6. But, many people are starting to pack it away around 4. Bummer! So then I figure I'd call Jack as we would be passing there as well. Voice Mail...I guess they were at York!
Next time....

#872 6 years ago

Too bad, Ted!

I was hoping to make it to York and play Coyote's TZ and maybe meet you. Next year, as they say...

#873 6 years ago
Quoted from too-many-pins:

the largest train show in the world happens at the York Fairground

Actually the largest train show in the world is Trainfest in Wisconsin.

#874 6 years ago
Quoted from goochos:

Was the hatch still able to be closed with that wcs94 ? Is it a Subaru or Ford?

Looks to be a 2015 to 17 Mazda 3

#875 6 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

Actually the largest train show in the world is Trainfest in Wisconsin.

Sorry! I have been out of the hobby for almost 30 years and at that time nothing beat the two TCA shows at York. In any event York Fairgrounds would never run out of space regardless of how big a pinball show got!

#876 6 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

Looks to be a 2015 to 17 Mazda 3

Mazda 3. He got it closed

#877 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Soooooo, I was picking up a Scared Stiff in MD.

You didn't stop by to see me?? What part of MD??

#878 6 years ago

Made it home safe - hope everyone else does too!

Had a great time, bought some great used parts, and also picked up Pbpins Surf Side framed backglass (post 650 or so) - it's really a nice piece and well framed. All I have to do now is figure out how to ship it to my brother's place in Texas. Box-in-a-box is what I've always read, but it sure feels risky to hand it off to the great unknown world of shippers...

Was real tempted by that great Hi Low Aces near my booth, but in the end its good I didn't pull the trigger on that one.

-Rob
-visit http://www.kahr..us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or for my Pinball 2000 H+V video sync combiner kit

#879 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballBeerGuy:

I am looking forward to Todd Tuckey's video of all the neat stuff at the show.

I don't recall seeing him there either day and I was there both days in its entirety.

#880 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinball_Nate:

You didn't stop by to see me?? What part of MD??

Frederick .....just got in and out. 3 hrs 45 min each way.....sorry about that...

#881 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinball_Nate:

Did that 450 stern Wild Fyre come down in price?? Tempted yesterday..............

I saw 2 there, one was $550 and the other $350

#882 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinphila:

Favorite pic of the show. He got it in.

Yeah I saw him breaking the game down and pulling the playfield out..I knew It was gonna be tight. He was determined.

Had a blast. Can't wait to come back next yr

#883 6 years ago

Alright time for the AFTER POSTING of Pictures. My Boys and I had a great time on Friday! Who won the Best in Show? I thought it would be between Coyote's Sample "Twilight Zone", Defender or the Junkyard.

Coyote How many plays after two days?
20170929_101529 (resized).jpg20170929_101529 (resized).jpg

Sorry its Blurry but my only Picture of the "Remakes"
20170929_105021 (resized).jpg20170929_105021 (resized).jpg

Thanks to Joe @PinballStar! He hooked up my son with a Free T-Shirt. LOVE DIALED IN!!!!
20170929_113150 (resized).jpg20170929_113150 (resized).jpg

Loved burningman "Defender" a rare game - Thanks for bringing it! FYI Other rare games was Gottlieb Nudge-IT (only 53 made and 2 of them at the show!) one owned by Coyote next to his sample TZ. Lets make rare games a "THING" at York in years to come. Just like Bingo row etc!
20170929_133657 (resized).jpg20170929_133657 (resized).jpg

After five years in our home we sold our BabyPM this year. Thanks to whoever brought this one my boys and I played it a bunch!
20170929_132011 (resized).jpg20170929_132011 (resized).jpg

My other favorite new game Star Wars Premium! Plays really fast and I thought it was a lot of fun with all of the different shots! Thanks CoinTaker Chris for walking over and giving me the details on it. Definitely goes on the wishlist!
20170929_135208 (resized).jpg20170929_135208 (resized).jpg

My 12 year old played the Mulitcades and Aracade Machines most of the day. This year was the MOST Arcade machines I have seen at a show since I started going. Almost a whole row of Classic Machines brought by individuals. The multicades to the right of the Spooky Sign by the crane machine was my Son's favorite.
20170929_150526 (resized).jpg20170929_150526 (resized).jpg

#884 6 years ago

One thing that the York and Allentown shows constantly have in common...

IMG_4554 (resized).JPGIMG_4554 (resized).JPG

#885 6 years ago
Quoted from MikePags:

Bob is a great guy. We talked to him a bit on Saturday.

#886 6 years ago

Had to be a typo. The same seller had Judge Dredd for $2000.00

But there were some LED's added to the Flash.....

#887 6 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Nope, not a typo. I offered $4500. and he turned me down.

#888 6 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Not a typo. Flash LE is a much better game than JD.

JD was initially marked for $2800, reduced to $2600 on Sat. Flash LE was a buyback.

Jim

#889 6 years ago

Rich Marquette is a class act... He worked tirelessly to ensure any challenges, big or small, were addressed.

Thank you!!!

IMG_1401 (resized).JPGIMG_1401 (resized).JPG

#890 6 years ago
Quoted from Jiggly_Martian:

Rich Marquette is a class act... He worked tirelessly to ensure any challenges, big or small, were addressed.
Thank you!!!

We were lucky enough to have a booth next to these guys, made the show that much better!

#891 6 years ago
Quoted from Jesterfunhouse:

coyote How many plays after two days?

Won't know until you get over here to help me get my games back into the basement and set up!

I am really curious to see the stats on it, honestly.

I had to shut it down and hour and a half before the show ended Saturday, sadly. Was getting too many little strange hiccups; including an opto acting up in the autofire launcher. I'm going to have to spend some time after getting it back up to dig in and find out what was causing it to flake out.

While I don't have stats on the Nudge-It yet, I CAN say that it gave out about 500 tickets total over the course of the show.

#892 6 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

We were lucky enough to have a booth next to these guys, made the show that much better!

Pleasure was ours!!!

#893 6 years ago

Anybody know if Ivan sold that BK2K?

#894 6 years ago
Quoted from N80G80:

Anybody know if Ivan sold that BK2K?

it had a sold sign on it

#895 6 years ago
Quoted from Gott_Lieb:

Not a typo. Flash LE is a much better game than JD.
JD was initially marked for $2800, reduced to $2600 on Sat. Flash LE was a buyback.
Jim

For those of you that have not figured it out by now that Flash was Jim's (JT Amusements) and he tossed that price on it as kind of a joke because it was not for sale. The crazy thing is I think it was the most talked about machine at the show?

Great Show - I just hope Rich did OK and show can be back in that hall again next year! If he does end up in that hall again next year more of us need to step it up and bring more machines to be sure hall is full. Freeplay area was a little sparse this year but that was kind of expected do to the drastic increase in floor space over last years hall.

#896 6 years ago
Quoted from MikePags:

#897 6 years ago

I last-minute changed my mind and decided to bring a machine because it made me sad not to.

Here's me with my 1985 Bally Fireball Classic (which unfortunately developed a slight problem so it had to be turned off to prevent potential damage), and I also bought its neighbor, a 1967 Williams Alpine Club, off the show floor working for $150.

Vic Camp and I were also eyeing (his a little more wide than mine!) this awesome bingo because it was in MINT condition. Like brand new out of the box condition. Turns out it's an IGT Bingo which remade the late 70's Bally bingos in 1981 and 1982 exactly the same and that is probably why it looks brand new. The edges are so sharp you could cut your fingers on it, in Vic's words. It's true.

The guy didn't want to load it back up so I brought it home for an amazing $70 off the show floor. Thanks Andy, you're an awesome guy! He was really happy his beloved Alpine Club was going to a good home and that it is. I'm gearing up to realistically open a museum in the near future so definitely hoarding in the games now.

Let me tell you, Alpine Club is a GREAT player and definitely this one. It's a rough one but man I was astounded when I played this thing. What a game. I love my wedgehead collection dearly but I still find those Williams games that blow me away. Wow. Love the theme, too, have always - I've seen pictures.

I think this was the first York show where there was many more deals than space. If I had the room and money I would have scooped up 5 more for under $300 each. What a show. Blew Allentown away and that is an understatement. (in terms of deals, not Ivan's fault, it's weird how York always draws the cheaper yet nicer games)

Two working games for $220 is pretty damn good, though. Plus free admission for both days. And people say you'll never pay less than $500 for a machine! Lies! Thanks to the Marquette family for yet another awesome show year. They are truly great people, I've only had positive interactions with all of them every single time, where as there are other people who do these things where my very first interaction with them was awful. They are the perfect people to do this! Loving the new building - hope we stay!

klkHre9 (resized).pngklkHre9 (resized).png
7phIgLC (resized).png7phIgLC (resized).png
HusEMjv (resized).pngHusEMjv (resized).png
ZjHaekJ (resized).pngZjHaekJ (resized).png

#898 6 years ago

Sides of the bingo machine. #stunner

Quick edit: A HUGE thanks to bingopodcast / Nick for being an awesome friend, introducing me to owning a bingo pinball machine or rather just how to take it apart and set it up, and also helping me load the head in. You're amazing!

22236254_10210203568154166_113959601_n (resized).jpg22236254_10210203568154166_113959601_n (resized).jpg22156658_10210203567914160_1667418965_n (resized).jpg22156658_10210203567914160_1667418965_n (resized).jpg

#899 6 years ago
Quoted from mbaumle:

Did anyone else see that Flash for $5,150? The game had an LED strip activated by the spinner, and the rear levelers were cranked up. It played alright, but 5 grand?? Yikes. Maybe a typo?

No typo, that's Jim Palson's "I ain't selling it unless you're a crazy buyer" price. I like it!!!

#900 6 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

ashwood486
Did you have that Tri-zone set up for free-play? If so, could you show how to set my Lucky Seven to free-play.
Scott.

Ashwood486
Was nice meeting you and your mechanic there and tell him I said thanks for the tips.
Scott

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 129.99
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,134 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 23.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/york-show-news-future-white-rose-gameroomyork-show-2017-edition/page/18?hl=gott_lieb and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.