20170930_175609 (resized).jpg
20170929_080848 (resized).jpg
20170929_084545 (resized).jpg
20170929_165855 (resized).jpg
20170930_102158 (resized).jpg
20170930_095954 (resized).jpg
20170930_102858 (resized).jpg
20170930_104107 (resized).jpg
There are 1,134 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 23.
#801 6 years ago

First day went really well, I think!
I had a blast, met some new folks - still wish I had a lot more folks from Pinside there.

My games did okay - interestingly, the kids and youngsters that played Nudge-It seemed to understand and do better at it FAR more than older adults. I thought that was amusing.

People seem to have an issue with contacting owners if there's a problem. About six different times I walk up to a game that wasn't working properly, and people there trying to figure out why - and eventually walking away (sometimes turning it off, sometimes not) without calling or texting the number on the game. Strange.

My TZ had a couple issues - interestingly, out of the blue, in the morning after about 10 games, a flipper started sticking. Had to loosen and ajust the flipper bat. Just a smidge, and after that, no issues with the flippers.

Looking forward to tomorrow!

#802 6 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

I had a blast, met some new folks - still wish I had a lot more folks from Pinside there.
My games did okay - interestingly, the kids and youngsters that played Nudge-It seemed to understand and do better at it FAR more than older adults. I thought that was amusing.
People seem to have an issue with contacting owners if there's a problem. About six different times I walk up to a game that wasn't working properly, and people there trying to figure out why - and eventually walking away (sometimes turning it off, sometimes not) without calling or texting the number on the game. Strange.
My TZ had a couple issues - interestingly, out of the blue, in the morning after about 10 games, a flipper started sticking. Had to loosen and ajust the flipper bat. Just a smidge, and after that, no issues with the flippers.

I texted 5 people about broken games.

#803 6 years ago
Quoted from nocreditdot:

Is there anyone selling sheets of playfield glass this year? I wont be there until tomorrow.
Thanks
Mike

Jack James only does Allentown. There's a place in PA near W Chester that was selling cheap through ebay, I have to look for them. Or I can bring you a free used standard size if you want it, but I have to know asap.

#804 6 years ago
Quoted from Lovef2k:

Jack James only does Allentown. There's a place in PA near W Chester that was selling cheap through ebay, I have to look for them. Or I can bring you a free used standard size if you want it, but I have to know asap.

You gonna be there tomorrow?

#805 6 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Don't fail me Matt!! Sitting down now at El Serrano!

The pressure's on! Trying to think if I've ever had a bad meal there in the twenty or so years since I got hooked...

Y'all staying for tomorrow or headin' back tonight?

#806 6 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

You gonna be there tomorrow?

yup! I'll PM you my phone#

#807 6 years ago

I'll add that for 'strangest' game was the Elvira and the Party Monsters game, with a BK2K soundtrack. Was.. surreal.

#808 6 years ago
Quoted from emkay:

The pressure's on! Trying to think if I've ever had a bad meal there in the twenty or so years since I got hooked...
Y'all staying for tomorrow or headin' back tonight?

We are staying the night. Dinner was great by the way!

I'll be there at 9am tomorrow. Looking forward to seeing you guys!

#809 6 years ago

Bikers actually started to come into town tonight. Some of the roads nearby were blocked off to bike traffic only. Traffic wasn’t bad, but the road closures made things unnecessarily difficult.

#810 6 years ago
Quoted from mbaumle:

Bikers actually started to come into town tonight. Some of the roads nearby were blocked off to bike traffic only. Traffic wasn’t bad, but the road closures made things unnecessarily difficult.

Correct. My no bikers comment was directed at Skip who asked if any were trickling into the show.

#811 6 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

I'll add that for 'strangest' game was the Elvira and the Party Monsters game, with a BK2K soundtrack. Was.. surreal.

Haha, I spoke to the gentleman who owned that. He said he didn’t notice it, since he never played a BK2K, he just thought it was EATPM’s soundtrack.

He was so surprised it wasn’t right, i convinced him to look at the sound card. Lo and behold, it had Elvira speech ROMS but BK2K sound and music ROMs. I totally shattered the man’s view of the game.

Super nice guy though! It should be an easy swap out for him.

#812 6 years ago

Hah! Awesome.

#813 6 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

I texted you about the tz bulb stuck in the playfield and I did turn your machine off so somebody wouldn't get it stuck in one of your troughs. I hope you got the text! Somebody was nice enough to turn off my gold wings when a second ball was lodged into the kicker hole but didn't text me for some reason I did have a phone number printed on the backbox next to the score display to avoid issues.

#814 6 years ago

Thanks to everyone who posted the pictures of the show. Wasn't able to make it today but looking forward to the show tomorrow. Tommy is all packed up for the free play area. I hope there are some games left to buy or trade for tomorrow morning.

#815 6 years ago
Quoted from tomh52722:

Thanks to everyone who posted the pictures of the show. Wasn't able to make it today but looking forward to the show tomorrow. Tommy is all packed up for the free play area. I hope there are some games left to buy or trade for tomorrow morning.

Glad your bringing Tommy cause Ivan's sold pretty quick.

BTW- TNA is totally awesome! Best of spooky so far.

#816 6 years ago

Any more pic of the vendors.

#817 6 years ago

Jungle Queen 750 tomorrow if anyone is looking for one hit me up my buddy is selling it.

#818 6 years ago
Quoted from hillbilly:

TNA is totally awesome

Agree. I played 2 games on it. It’s like a carefully crafted love letter to the fans of early Bally machines. It’s pure Pinball. Hell, even the match sequence is the same as old Bally’s—by switching through random 2-digit numbers that don’t all end in a “0.”

Great minimalistic art, excellent sound track, and blazing fast. If I had cash to burn, I’d definitely consider ordering one.

#819 6 years ago
Quoted from hillbilly:

Glad your bringing Tommy cause Ivan's sold pretty quick.
BTW- TNA is totally awesome! Best of spooky so far.

Agreed best spooky so far!

#820 6 years ago

Yes they have the backglass, I looked at several in the show for sale, not sure about the playfield

Quoted from Lovef2k:

Can anyone tell me if Starship Fantasies brought a Strikes and Spares backglass or pf? Won't be there until tomorrow,
Thanks

#821 6 years ago
Quoted from guss:

Any more pic of the vendors.

Here is what my booth looks like. Drive took a little over 2 hours from D.C. area so I rolled in right at 8 am. Was set up and ready at 10 when the show opened. Like Skip says, this hall has a really good feel to it. I think the high pitched ceiling adds a lot compared to the flat tile ceiling in the other building.

KAHR.USKAHR.US

-Rob
-visit http://www.kahr.us to get my Daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or for my pinball 2000 H+V video sync combiner kit

#822 6 years ago
Quoted from rkahr:

Here is what my booth looks like. Drive took a little over 2 hours from D.C. area so I rolled in right at 8 am. Was set up and ready at 10 when the show opened. Like Skip says, this hall has a really good feel to it. I think the high pitched ceiling adds a lot compared to the flat tile ceiling in the other building.

-Rob
-visit http://www.kahr.us to get my Daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or for my pinball 2000 H+V video sync combiner kit

Thanks

#823 6 years ago

I want to thank someone for leaving me a message about one of my games in the free play area needing attention, a stuck slingshot, I think it's awesome when people let me know about problems.

#824 6 years ago

TNA best game at the show !

#825 6 years ago
Quoted from rkahr:

-Rob

Nice to meet you Rob

Well with your salesmanship skills and a great product I left the show with 2 of the WPC power fixes for my Twilight Zone & Addams Family; I'm sure it will help as I do have reset issues with the Twilight Zone.

#826 6 years ago

I had to grab that Cleopatra, he had 4 of them, all system 1's. This one was definitely the nicest of the bunch, It is in amazing shape, it still had the brown contct paper on the side rails, inside looked like new, even the plywood under the cabinet looks like it was never touched, the purple on the cabinet looks like new.

I can't say that for most of the others he had, and there were alot of them but most needed some TLC, but many people are looking for project pins.

618f158b8055664555d234c3628d302e667e910e (resized).jpeg618f158b8055664555d234c3628d302e667e910e (resized).jpeg

#827 6 years ago

Did anyone else see that Flash for $5,150? The game had an LED strip activated by the spinner, and the rear levelers were cranked up. It played alright, but 5 grand?? Yikes. Maybe a typo?

#828 6 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

For those that are there, is pricing in line as it should be and what's the most ridiculous that you've seen so far??

$3700 for South Park.

#829 6 years ago
Quoted from rkahr:

-Rob

Rob,

I am glad I am not alone as far as the "feel" of that building goes. I have been setting up at shows for over 40 years and I have never set up in another building that I have sold as well in or enjoyed as much as that side of Memorial Hall. The other side of Memorial Hall had just opened last time I set up in that building and that "changed the feel" a little but I always did great selling in that building for some reason?

Hopefully everyone is doing well - including Rich - and maybe that will become the long term home for the show. What I would really love to see sometime down the road is for the York Show to grow to a point we could fill both sides of Memorial Hall. I don't know if that would ever be possible with the limited number of people in the pinball hobby but the TCA (Train Collectors Association) filled every building at the Fairgrounds for years so I can't see why we shouldn't be able to fill both sides of one building sometime down the road!

See ya all tomorrow!

#830 6 years ago
Quoted from ckcsm:

I had to grab that Cleopatra, he had 4 of them, all system 1's. This one was definitely the nicest of the bunch, It is in amazing shape, it still had the brown contct paper on the side rails, inside looked like new, even the plywood under the cabinet looks like it was never touched, the purple on the cabinet looks like new.
I can't say that for most of the others he had, and there were alot of them but most needed some TLC, but many people are looking for project pins.

Is that Jeff moorehead's booth?

#831 6 years ago
Quoted from Schnollms:

I am 99% sure it is Jeff's booth. It sure looks like the same type stuff he typically brings and also like what he was unloading yesterday but I wasn't at the show today to see who else might have set up with similar machines.

#832 6 years ago

Unfortunately we were not fans of the tna .... its not bad by any means just not our cup of tea. Many people i spoke to felt the same but were very surprised by dile and now want one. Long lines all day on both tho..... im gonna give tna another chance before i total8 cross it off the list . With what i heard about jjp new pins coming...... pretty sure my money is going there tho especially bc di is my favorite now. Overall great show and always fun talking with old friends....

#833 6 years ago

THe LED's and levelers are only the start of what has been done to that game, there is a shaker motor, better flipper assemblies and far far more, done to it. It plays super fast. If you are at the show it is really worth playing a game or two on it. It plays as fast (if not faster than any modern games. The price is the owner's "crazy money" price. What happens when you put a game at show with a Not for Sale tag is you get tons of calls from people that think they can talk you into selling it and making offers. Yet, if you put a crazy price on it, you won't get a single phone call from the people that think they can talk you into selling. I don't know why that happens, but a lot of the show regulars have caught onto this way to deter people from trying to talk you into selling something that you don't want to sell.

And for those who weren't around in the 80's when Van Halen released their album 5150 and taught us children of the 80's what it means; 5150 is the CA police code for a crazy person.

See everyone at the show today

Quoted from mbaumle:

Did anyone else see that Flash for $5,150? The game had an LED strip activated by the spinner, and the rear levelers were cranked up. It played alright, but 5 grand?? Yikes. Maybe a typo?

#834 6 years ago
Quoted from Antennaejim:

I texted you about the tz bulb stuck in the playfield and I did turn your machine off so somebody wouldn't get it stuck in one of your troughs. I hope you got the text! Somebody was nice enough to turn off my gold wings when a second ball was lodged into the kicker hole but didn't text me for some reason I did have a phone number printed on the backbox next to the score display to avoid issues.

Yup, I got that, thanks!

I'm awake now, to hit the road in about half an hour!

#835 6 years ago

Been up since 5 anticipating the show today. Yesterday was a great day! Love the bigger hall. Sold most of what I brought. Have a couple left. Picked up a few more. Going to bring some home for sure.

In the booth today will be Jersey Jack Emerald City LE, Pirates of the Caribbean, Big Buck Hunter, Johnny Mnemonic and a Monopoly project that shouldn't be too hard to fix and clean up. Playfield is really nice under the dirt.

I'm taking home a nice Corvette, one of the nicest Data East Simpsons I've ever seen. Also Star Wars premium. Cointaker is the best and always bring their A-game to these shows. I can't imagine the show without them.

I brought a few parts that never made it inside so I'm hoping to have a table with just a few things. I also bought some free stuff that I'm going to put in the corner PA group booth.

#836 6 years ago

Just an overall feeling for me is that prices seem below average meaning, I wish I had more money and a bigger truck, I've seen several working SS pins, players condition machines in the free play area for less than $800. To me anything standing up to the amount of games being continually played and still working good has to be pretty decent for that kind of money. Let's face it some of these things are 30 yrs plus old and mechanically doing well.

#837 6 years ago

I'm still looking for a eight ball backglass if someone has a good one and could meet me at the show, thanks

18868455ff80c9df182c0f8a0bd02b42--arcade-room-fonzie (resized).jpg18868455ff80c9df182c0f8a0bd02b42--arcade-room-fonzie (resized).jpg

#838 6 years ago

Yesterday was a long day, but it's been a good show. Definitely tilted toward more EM games and there are some really nice ones...loving centigrade 3. the presence of cointaker and pinball star help a lot for those that want to play and buy newer games. Need to find a way to get more dmd games into the show. Iike TNA a lot, it's like a hot rod EM,good light show and music and very fast.

20170929_141133 (resized).jpg20170929_141133 (resized).jpg

#839 6 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Yesterday was a long day, but it's been a good show. Definitely tilted toward more EM games and there are some really nice ones...loving centigrade 3. the presence of cointaker and pinball star help a lot for those that want to play and buy newer games. Need to find a way to get more dmd games into the show. Iike TNA a lot, it's like a hot rod EM,good light show and music and very fast.

It was VERY nice meeting both of you yesterday! I thought I was the only one on the planet that had the Psychedelic Marco Pinball Monster Shirt. Its my favorite pinball shirt! It looks like you had some good business yesterday, your booth was always busy! Good luck today! Here I am playing TNA with your booth in the background completely surrounded!

20170929_150749 (resized).jpg20170929_150749 (resized).jpg

#840 6 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

I texted 5 people about broken games.

I did the same...most were just balls stuck. I know that it always helps me at a show for someone to text if my game is down. PLEASE take a minute and text the owner, don't just turn off the machine or walk away.

#841 6 years ago
Quoted from Ashwood486:

I'm still looking for a eight ball backglass if someone has a good one and could meet me at the show, thanks

Ashwood486
Did you have that Tri-zone set up for free-play? If so, could you show how to set my Lucky Seven to free-play.
Scott.

#842 6 years ago
Quoted from Schnollms:

Yes it was; he had around 70 pins there along with alot of paperwork and sold a decent amount.

I heard he bought out someone's remaining stuff in storage and brought it all to the show.

#843 6 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

If so, could you show how to set my Lucky Seven to free-play.

Can’t you just set the maximum credits to “0” or does that only work on later flipper ROM revisions?

#844 6 years ago

Witnessed something bizarre yesterday. There was a kid(14-16?) working on a Rollerganes, coil was sticking. He pulled out a can of WD40 and unloaded on it. Before I could offer any suggestions or guidance someone else stepped in to tell him that wasn't a good idea.

#845 6 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Witnessed something bizarre yesterday. There was a kid(14-16?) working on a Rollerganes, coil was sticking. He pulled out a can of WD40 and unloaded on it. Before I could offer any suggestions or guidance someone else stepped in to tell him that wasn't a good idea.

Computer tech set his EM game on fire once, opened the coin door and blasted the interior with WD40, while the game was on. The game survived.

#846 6 years ago
Quoted from mbaumle:

Can’t you just set the maximum credits to “0” or does that only work on later flipper ROM revisions?

I have no clue. I can rebuild the board but can't figure out how to change the settings for the life of me. Haven't touched a classic Williams in 15 years.

#847 6 years ago

I noticed several games set with very low replay scores to keep the credits on the machines; I guess that's one way to keep it going for free play.

#848 6 years ago

Thanks Rich for s great show !

IMG_3753 (resized).JPGIMG_3753 (resized).JPG

IMG_3754 (resized).JPGIMG_3754 (resized).JPG

IMG_3755 (resized).JPGIMG_3755 (resized).JPG

IMG_3756 (resized).JPGIMG_3756 (resized).JPG

IMG_3757 (resized).JPGIMG_3757 (resized).JPG

IMG_3760 (resized).JPGIMG_3760 (resized).JPG

#849 6 years ago

Food service area is Huge , lots of space and large clean bathrooms . Concession pricing is very reasonable and some good choices . Beer was available I didn't partake , but it was a welcome perk to those attending.

Re pricing; if you priced it right and had some room , it sold . I found 2 EM 's not working but I texted the owners & they were responsive and thankful.

Tons of project pins and Mayfair's setup was fully stocked. Miss the outdoor flea but too many consecutive years of rain so something had to change .

#850 6 years ago

Went to the show yesterday & it was fantastic! We were (wife) on a mission yesterday to dwindle our arcade machine money to re-up on our pinball/arcade machine addiction. Bob (Butch2099) is always great to deal w/, as all his machines are always as described w/ very reasonable prices. Also, if you're looking for a unique addition to your game room, look for Clover Collectables at the show. We purchased two amazing machines (a pachislo & pachinko) from them at the show & these different/uncommon machines will entertain everyone at our home for quite some time.
We've been going to the show for the past five years & the show has grown incrementally for the better each year. When Rich first took the reins over from Marlin Barshinger five years ago, the show has transitioned from three different hall locations. First from a smaller location ~ to what it is now. Not only is there more of a selection of vendors, machines & part/supply/stock, the quality of the show has grown tremendously. We very much look forward to the show every year & we (& the "pinball community") greatly appreciate everything Rich & his crew does to make this show happen. Looking forward > as always!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 129.99
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,134 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 23.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/york-show-news-future-white-rose-gameroomyork-show-2017-edition/page/17?hl=biffbar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.