20170930_175609 (resized).jpg
20170929_080848 (resized).jpg
20170929_084545 (resized).jpg
20170929_165855 (resized).jpg
20170930_102158 (resized).jpg
20170930_095954 (resized).jpg
20170930_102858 (resized).jpg
20170930_104107 (resized).jpg
There are 1,134 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 23.
#651 6 years ago

Go @BingoPodcast!!! Wooo!

Wish I could be there this year.

#652 6 years ago
Quoted from bingopodcast:

Remember, any four or five in a line on any of the bingo row machines nets you one. The Multi has had over 10,000 plays in the last week in preparation. The game is as ready as it will be. Rental van picked up, gonna load up tomorrow - ready to roll.
See you all there!

Yea, I think we're all entering the "pack it all up" mode! It's gonna be a great show this year. Remember to stop by if you happen to be bringing a WPC era game for freeplay to pick up a reward.

-Rob
-visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or for my Pinball 2000 H+V video sync combiner kit

#653 6 years ago
Quoted from Jiggly_Martian:

I believe I am going to the show on Friday..
I can bring two or three of the following if presold.
TOM
BSD
DR WHO
BBH
SHREK
GILLIGANS ISLAND
POTC

Dr who sold
Gilligans island sold
Tom sold
Bsd sold pending pick up

Can bring a Gottlieb Bounty hunter project, BBh, shrek, Huo potc, space jam, or Williams skill ball if prepaid

#654 6 years ago
Quoted from Jiggly_Martian:

Dr who sold
Gilligans island sold
Tom sold
Bsd sold pending pick up
Can bring a Gottlieb Bounty hunter project, BBh, shrek, Huo potc, space jam, or Williams skill ball if prepaid

Additional items
Firepower project
Earthshaker backglass

#655 6 years ago

I have the following I can bring on Saturday

Stern speaker light kit- For square speaker lights. Brand new $35

Stern mirror blade set New $70

Rollergames CPR plastic set new $100

TAXI Lola backglass more than presentable $75

Let me know of interested

Mike

#656 6 years ago

random stuff:

two sets (i think) of wpc backbox speakers. maybe a dry-rotted main cab speaker or two
wpc "auxiliary" board pulled from DM (used in other games, i believe)
coin boxes
power cord protectors
nib incandescents
used plastic set for Diner (missing jukebox)
used mantis set for SS
very lightly used cointaker led kit for MM
playfield slider off a BSD. is bent, but could be hammered back usable i'm sure.
have some scratched up standard glass, too

make me an offer for any or all. i'm very reasonable. i'll definitely be there friday.

IMAG0847[1] (resized).jpgIMAG0847[1] (resized).jpg

#657 6 years ago

Ready to load up!

20170926_194824 (resized).jpg20170926_194824 (resized).jpg

#658 6 years ago

Cleaning out the closet, can bring to show
Flash Gordon PF Decal set $10
Bally Playboy sling plastics (L&R) & ball Gauge $20
Williams Solid State Maintenance manual $5 each

P1020680 (resized).JPGP1020680 (resized).JPG

P1020682 (resized).JPGP1020682 (resized).JPG

P1020684 (resized).JPGP1020684 (resized).JPG

#659 6 years ago

I have a Williams Post Time project that I can being to York for anyone interested. Asking $225.

IMG_20170926_201541 (resized).jpgIMG_20170926_201541 (resized).jpg

IMG_20170926_201457 (resized).jpgIMG_20170926_201457 (resized).jpg

IMG_20170926_202528 (resized).jpgIMG_20170926_202528 (resized).jpg

IMG_20170926_202608 (resized).jpgIMG_20170926_202608 (resized).jpg

IMG_20170926_202601 (resized).jpgIMG_20170926_202601 (resized).jpg

#660 6 years ago

Head pics

IMG_20170926_201728 (resized).jpgIMG_20170926_201728 (resized).jpg

IMG_20170926_202149 (resized).jpgIMG_20170926_202149 (resized).jpg

IMG_20170926_201734 (resized).jpgIMG_20170926_201734 (resized).jpg

#661 6 years ago

Unfortunately guys, we can't make it this year. Since we haven't been there since 2009 I was looking forward to going but we have too many events going on this weekend.
Hope the show goes great and I hope to see everyone at Allentown next May.

#662 6 years ago

Bringing a Williams Lucky Seven for sale in the free play area. Just shopped. Has very nice unrestored playfield.

#663 6 years ago

Will be at the show Saturday. Looking for Tommy, NASCAR, Gold Wings, TMNT... PM me price and pics!

#664 6 years ago

I also have: a new cpr fathom backglass $350

Used Flash Gordon backglass some bubbling at bottom near lift channel $225

Addams family playfield. I was going to restore it but with cpr and mirco running these, I'll end up grabbing one of those. $200

I'm also lower the price on the xenon restoration package I posted previously to $1,800

#665 6 years ago

Gottlieb Wipeout $1500 - will be at York Saturday.

Ad in the Marketplace for pics. Decided not to bring it for free play on Sat because my wife and I want to leave whenever we want. First time we're not able to go on Friday and I know Sat the show gets to be pretty thinned out. So wanna hit the road and not babysit a game until it's allowed to leave.

Could deliver on Friday for a fee if you want it and will not be there Sat morning.

#666 6 years ago

Last three glasses left!

Panthera - $75
Cherry Bell - $125
Surf Side - $150

Or take all three for $300!

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#667 6 years ago

Will any vendors be selling LED strips like the ones I buy from Comet?

#668 6 years ago

Ask Lermods. They might have some.

#669 6 years ago

Cointaker will be at the show and sells them. They are great people to deal with. They are like family to me.

Quoted from PoMC:

#670 6 years ago
Quoted from rmarket:

Cointaker will be at the show and sells them. They are great people to deal with. They are like family to me.

Oh good, I am planning to buy a bunch of LEDs from them again as always every show. Just never looked to see if they sold them before, so that's great to know.

#671 6 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

yes, we will have LED strips on hand in a variety of sizes, mostly for troughs and backboards. Better to let us know in advance what you want so we can put them away for you. our stock will be somewhat limited. you don't need to prepay.

Cointaker is great to deal with too.

#672 6 years ago
Quoted from rmarket:

Now that's funny considering they are family. I spend money at Cointaker every year. They always have something on the table that I have to have.

#673 6 years ago

In the latest episode of "The Spinner is Lit" the White Rose Gameroom Show is highlighted!

On this week's episode, Practical Steve joins us to discuss his love of all things pinball and his journey into the hobby. We discuss the news of the day and highlight some upcoming shows: Expo, White Rose Gameroom Show, and the Houston Arcade Expo. We also get sentimental and review a beloved classic, Williams Rollergames. We learn that both Spencer and Practical Steve are willing to flip flop when passionately pushed for answers during our first installment of "Fact or Fantasy" and we wrap up with a "Top 10" reveal of some of our most loved EM titles.

https://soundcloud.com/thespinnerislit/episode10

rg_playfield (resized).jpgrg_playfield (resized).jpg

#674 6 years ago

Trying to get this Rare bird to the show.

IMG_1320 (resized).JPGIMG_1320 (resized).JPG

#675 6 years ago

Is anyone from the Albany area heading to York?

I had made arrangements for someone to pick up a backglass for me in York, but he had to back out and won't be going.

Would anyone be willing and able to transport it? If so, please let me know. Thanks

[Edit]: Looks like I'm all set, thanks

#676 6 years ago

First time attending. I have the following backglasses I can bring

Atari Airborne Avengers
Stern Magic
Data East RoboCop

#677 6 years ago

Can Rich or someone fill me in to which building to head to tomorrow? I'll be Going thru the gate on Carlilse ave. Then normally left towards last years building. Is it the big building to the left of last years show?

#678 6 years ago

By any slim chance is anyone bringing a Fathom for sale?

#679 6 years ago
Quoted from 1974DeltaQueen:

Can Rich or someone fill me in to which building to head to tomorrow? I'll be Going thru the gate on Carlilse ave. Then normally left towards last years building. Is it the big building to the left of last years show?

When you go in the normal gate instead of turning to the left keep driving towards the back of the Fairground - NOT towards the grandstand - and the building is the nice big building at the back of the Fairground. The pinball show will only be using 1/2 and I think everyone will love the building it is in this year. It is my favorite hall at the fairground!

#680 6 years ago

York expo center grounds map with labels (resized).pngYork expo center grounds map with labels (resized).png

#681 6 years ago

But we still go through gate 9 on Carlie Ave . I assume ?? Not sure why gates 6 & 7 are highlighted on your map

#682 6 years ago

But we still go through gate 9 on Carlie Ave . I assume ?? Not sure why gates 6 & 7 are highlighted on your map

Map is something I found online - use normal gate (as always used) Carlisle Ave then just go towards the back of the Fairground.

Sadly I am mistaken about "my favorite hall" the show will be in the new side - I love to old side of the building. Still a great building but there is just something about the other side I really like. Maybe because when I use to do the train shows I always made the most money in that hall?

#683 6 years ago

on fri, you pull in right off market, correct? gate 3 or 4.

#684 6 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

With the Fairground, some gates are locked so I always just used the Carlisle Ave entrance. Normally that and gate 6 are open pretty much all the time but the others are kind of hit & miss.

#685 6 years ago

I neglected to mention it in this thread previously, but like I did at TPF, I will have a programmer on site so I can upgrade any 2016 edition Pro Daughterboard with the new 2017 edition software for only $10.

I won't be rolling in to town until Friday morning around 8:00 AM.

-Rob
-visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC Pinball resets or for my Pinball 2000 H+V Video Sync Combiner Kit.

#686 6 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

Not sure but hopefully we get clarity on the Harley parade that runs Friday night from 6-10 PM and starts assembling in the fairgrounds at 4:30 , so we have our plan of exit figured out tomorrow. My sister is local and says this is a big event

http://www.yorkcity.org/visitor/annual-york-city-events/bikenight/

#687 6 years ago

that's gonna suck.

#688 6 years ago

Not sure but hopefully we get clarity on the Harley parade that runs Friday night from 6-10 PM and starts assembling in the fairgrounds at 4:30 , so we have our plan of exit figured out tomorrow. My sister is local and says this is a big event
http://www.yorkcity.org/visitor/annual-york-city-events/bikenight/

The Harley event is HUGE but the good thing is most of the action is down town on Market Street. I think the starting point is the Fairground so things might get a little messy getting into the Fairgrounds between 3:30 and 5:30 but most people will either already be at the show or arriving after dinner.

I think with the Harley thing going on Friday most - if not all gates - will be open. Typically Gates 6 & 7 don't get as much traffic as the gates on the main drag since they are kind of like service entrance gates off a side street. Regardless leaving the Fairground shouldn't be all that bad as long as you are not going out the same gate as the Harley's.

But tomorrow for set up day limited gates might be open or locked. So you should likely just use Gates 6 and 7 or Carlisle Ave unless you happen to drive past an open gate somewhere else.

#689 6 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

that's gonna suck.

Yup Big ones

#690 6 years ago

Looking for an Addams Family cabinet and head or something of the same era if anyone is bringing an empt cab!

#691 6 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

that's gonna suck.

I really wouldn't worry too much about traffic around the Fairground on Friday afternoon. If you are at the show just stay put until about 5:30 and all should be fine and if you are headed to the show between 3:30 and 5:30 PM Friday night just allow a little extra time. There are several ways to get to the Fairgrounds and Carlisle Ave is likely to be extremely busy until the bikes are gone.

My suggestion if you are coming to the Fairground late Friday afternoon is come in from the west on West Market St or from the south on South Richland Ave. If you are coming from the east it will be a little trickier but if you can stay off Market Street east of the Fairgrounds and off of RT 30 in both directions but mostly from the east and you should do OK.

Most of the Harley's will be coming from the Harley Factory on Rt 30 (or in that area) west on RT 30 to Carlisle Ave and then to the Fairground. When they leave the Fairground they will be headed east on Market Street to the events downtown Friday night. So the majority of the impact will be Rt 30 east of the Fairground, Carlisle Ave & Market Street heading east. Those areas will likely be a mess all afternoon into early evening!

If you do need to travel in or out Friday night do a google map and look at side streets you can take to stay off Carlisle Ave, Market Street east of the fairground & Rt 30 east of the fairground and you should do just fine!

#692 6 years ago

I have an NOS Bally Spy Hunter video game control panel overlay sitting here if anyone needs it. Have an OK condition glass bezel as well.

#693 6 years ago

The show is in the Old side of the building.

As far as which entrance to use, it really doesn't matter as there are roads inside the fairgrounds that you can use to get to the building. The Highland street entrance is the widest and easiest if you have a large vehicle or towing a trailer. The Carlisle Ave entrance is sort of narrow and can be risky to try to get a larger vehicle through due to how close the gate is to Carlisle Ave. The building is closest to the Market street entrance but to get to that entrance you have to drive around York. You are much better off to use one of the other entrances. There is at least one other entrance but unless your GPS really gave you bad directions, there is no reason to use it.

Quoted from too-many-pins:

Map is something I found online - use normal gate (as always used) Carlisle Ave then just go towards the back of the Fairground.
Sadly I am mistaken about "my favorite hall" the show will be in the new side - I love to old side of the building. Still a great building but there is just something about the other side I really like. Maybe because when I use to do the train shows I always made the most money in that hall?

#694 6 years ago

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#695 6 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

that's gonna suck.

Nah, those bikes will be noisy but I don't think they'll be in the way. Web site says they begin staging at 4:30 arriving through Carlisle gate. Looks like they are going to stage in the parking lot outside the buildings the show was in previous years because they are exiting through Madison gate for the parade.

This link has a map that shows the area with closed streets for the street party - that's the area to avoid (if driving) or to seek out if you want to catch the end of their street fest after our show's doors close. http://www.yorkcity.org/files/special%20event%20parking.jpg

Now, if you happen to be trying to sell a Harley themed pinball, make it visible to that crowd and you'll probably get premium pricing! And Rich, if you can get some "York Pinball Show" yard signs with arrows printed up you probably could draw in some of the bike crowd into the show while they wait for the parade to begin. Not sure that can be done in one day... even if you had nothing else to do!

-Rob
-visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or for my Pinball 2000 H+V video sync combiner kit

#696 6 years ago
Quoted from rmarket:

The show is in the Old side of the building.
As far as which entrance to use, it really doesn't matter as there are roads inside the fairgrounds that you can use to get to the building. The Highland street entrance is the widest and easiest if you have a large vehicle or towing a trailer. The Carlisle Ave entrance is sort of narrow and can be risky to try to get a larger vehicle through due to how close the gate is to Carlisle Ave. The building is closest to the Market street entrance but to get to that entrance you have to drive around York. You are much better off to use one of the other entrances. There is at least one other entrance but unless your GPS really gave you bad directions, there is no reason to use it.

Rich,

You now made me feel even worst that I can't set up this year. I don't know what is is about the "original" or old side of Memorial Hall but I had my best years of doing shows in that building. Memorial Hall is my favorite hall at the fairground and I think everyone headed to the show will love the change to that hall. Parking near the side of the building you are in is some of the best at the fairground and the building itself just has a great feel for some reason.

As far as entrances you are right about Carlisle Ave being a little tight with bigger vehicles but the nice thing at the fairgrounds is pretty much any gate that is open is OK. Have a great show! We are going to try to check in with you in person but I still don't know exactly when.

And to anyone worried about the impact of the bikes - it will not be any huge deal just remember to add a little time for travel if you are coming in on Rt 30 especially from the east.

#697 6 years ago

A Beginner's Guide to Bingo Pinball by @bingopodcast: http://thisweekinpinball.com/beginners-guide-bingo-pinball-nick-baldridge/

Awesome and informative article by a great pinball ambassador!

#698 6 years ago

Paragon glass is available again, the buyer back out at the last minute! The glass is excellent and will look fantastic in a game as compared to the CPR repro. I can get it in the SUV if you contact me today!

#700 6 years ago

WE CAN FILL IT!!!!!!

-Rob
-visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC Pinball resets or for my Pinball 2000 H+V video sync combiner kit

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 179.99
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,134 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 23.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/york-show-news-future-white-rose-gameroomyork-show-2017-edition/page/14?hl=n80g80 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.