20170930_175609 (resized).jpg
20170929_080848 (resized).jpg
20170929_084545 (resized).jpg
20170929_165855 (resized).jpg
20170930_102158 (resized).jpg
20170930_095954 (resized).jpg
20170930_102858 (resized).jpg
20170930_104107 (resized).jpg
There are 1,134 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 23.
#451 6 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

I dunno.. There's nothing like the soft glow of a plasma display. Or a nixie tube..!

I guess to each his own and originally I was in your same camp with liking the look of the original displays in the old Bally machines until I saw the LED's in person. I still think some machines look good with the original color but most machines really pop when you get the right color displays in the backbox.

I don't like LED bulbs in machines - they just seem too bright for my liking but I love the LED's dimmed a little in the backboxes of those Classic Bally machines now that I have seen them in person and had a chance to enjoy them. My favorite is still the blue displays Wayne put in our Black Beauty Shuffle Alley but our Xenon looks great also with the LED displays.

#452 6 years ago
Quoted from Ashwood486:

I really appreciate the offer and on the way home it may be possible for me to stop but, I'm pretty sure on the way to the show I'm going to be crammed and crowded for time with a full trailer load

If you decide you want to try to catch me on the way home just drop me a PM and if I am around I would be more than happy to show them to you in person. Wayne will be off heading towards NC on vacation by Saturday afternoon but unless I have to run to Virginia for the beginning of Phase 2 of my warehouse deal I should be around after the show.

We were really hoping to get some displays or a machine or two with displays to the show but it has been a crazy year for both Wayne & I. We each do our own thing and I am in no way involved with his business but we do all we can to support each other with some of the craziness this hobby has turned into for both of us.

#453 6 years ago

I had something happen to me with a Bally and a couple of the high voltage display's we're ghosting, one of them went out and caused the solenoid driver board to almost catch on fire with a backfeed voltage. according to the technician that helped me repair it. and when it was all over I ended up spending over $500 with new plug and play LEDs displays and new selenoid driver, it was on a 6803 system so after that I would like to change the displays in my personal games at home or any other machines that we run through our shop

#454 6 years ago

I also want to change the subject ,is there a place where the arcade games are listed that will be at the York show, because I plan on bringing at least 4 and would like to see what's available for the arcade side, any help would be appreciated thank you

#455 6 years ago

No published list, I only have what people registered and that list isn't complete and games get swapped out for various reasons before the arrive at the show. I've already changed a couple that I was going to bring. If you PM or email me with your list, I can try to give you what information I have.

#456 6 years ago
Quoted from rmarket:

No published list, I only have what people registered and that list isn't complete and games get swapped out for various reasons before the arrive at the show. I've already changed a couple that I was going to bring. If you PM or email me with your list, I can try to give you what information I have.

Rich,

Guess we have to give Jim a hard time! If he is going to start the "dreaded" Spreadsheet he might as well start one for Arcade Games also even though Jim isn't an arcade guy. As crazy as things must be for you getting ready for the show I am surprised to see you posting from time to time. Keep up the great work!

-skip-

#457 6 years ago
Quoted from Ashwood486:

I had something happen to me with a Bally and a couple of the high voltage display's we're ghosting, one of them went out and caused the solenoid driver board to almost catch on fire with a backfeed voltage. according to the technician that helped me repair it. and when it was all over I ended up spending over $500 with new plug and play LEDs displays and new selenoid driver, it was on a 6803 system so after that I would like to change the displays in my personal games at home or any other machines that we run through our shop

Nothing nicer that low voltage for various reasons - but safety would be first on my list. Some people might argue "these machines lasted this long with little worries" but there are two things to consider when saying that. First off look at how many arcades use to burn down back in the day. I don't think there was a year that went by there wasn't a major fire at the Jersey Shore and the two most common places they started were fun houses & arcades.

And secondly these machines were basically built to last 5 years and 40 years later we are expecting them to still be working without issues? Old wire & electric components,connectors, etc build more heat as they age because resistance increases. So lower voltage and low amperage draw is always a good thing.

OK - enough about Wayne's Displays back to the York Show and helping Rich get that big hall full. With that said - I am two days away from knowing where things stand for me but for the rest of you keep up the great work and get as much stuff as possible to this show so Rich can keep it in the bigger hall. Lets full the hall so full he doesn't have a choice but to stay in the bigger building!!!

#458 6 years ago

Rich, how many indoor flea market spots are left? When is the registration deadline?

#459 6 years ago
Quoted from Schnollms:

Rich, how many indoor flea market spots are left? When is the registration deadline?

I just talked to Rich via PM a few minutes ago and he said he does still have a couple indoor spaces still not reserved. On the website I think the deadline without paying an extra $15 (late fee) is about a week before the show. After talking to him I wouldn't wait much longer if you are interested but if you are in the same boat as I am I fully understand having to wait.

Rich will likely reply shortly.

#460 6 years ago
Quoted from Schnollms:

Just pulled up the Website and deadline to notify without the extra $15 is Sept 21st according to the site.

#461 6 years ago

He's also working on the list of games both pinball and Arcades that people have registered to bring for the free play area.

#462 6 years ago
Quoted from too-many-pins:

I just talked to Rich via PM a few minutes ago and he said he does still have a couple indoor spaces still not reserved. On the website I think the deadline without paying an extra $15 (late fee) is about a week before the show. After talking to him I wouldn't wait much longer if you are interested but if you are in the same boat as I am I fully understand having to wait.
Rich will likely reply shortly.

Yeah I MIGHT be interested in POSSIBLY splitting a booth with some friends like we do at Allentown but it is a 3 hour 15 min drive each way. If we do it it'll have to be a last minute decision because of personal obligations during this time of year. I've never sold at York before and haven't been there as a spectator since 2009.

#463 6 years ago
Quoted from Schnollms:

Yeah I MIGHT be interested in POSSIBLY splitting a booth with some friends like we do at Allentown but it is a 3 hour 15 min drive each way. If we do it it'll have to be a last minute decision because of personal obligations during this time of year. I've never sold at York before and haven't been there as a spectator since 2009.

I have a feeling this one is going to be the best York ever in a big way. The show has grown a lot since Rich took it over about 5 or 6 years ago but the indoor flea market & bigger hall this year is the most exciting news about York since I have been in the hobby. I think the change this year will be similar to when Ivan moved to the bigger side of the building at Allentown and made the original side into just a flea market area. I am not expecting the size of Allentown but I do expect a much bigger York Show than past shows just from the people I have talked to who have rented spaces.

#464 6 years ago

As Skip stated a few messages back, I do have some Indoor Flea market spots available. I'm not sure exactly how many as there are some people that are thinking about it and their registrations may arrive at any time. So, if you want an indoor flea market spot, you really want to get your registration in. I will do my best to accommodate everyone, but at this point it is at a "first come, first served" basis.

#465 6 years ago

If anyone is bringing a Gottlieb North Star please contact me. Looking for one with original cabinet art and have no problem keeping it in the free play area. Thanks!

#466 6 years ago

It's definitely not going to be disappointing,

#467 6 years ago

Anyone bringing any Cocktail pins or other unusual type things? Let me know

#468 6 years ago

WPT is now in the Pinside Market. There you will be able to view pictures & gain some general details on this title. This machine is priced to move quickly & looks fantastic w/ the newly installed mirror blades, drop target decals & LED's. This title has a fantastic playfield layout, as there are so many variations rule-wise & the strategies are virtually endless when approaching this machine. With our limited space, it is now time for someone else to enjoy.

#469 6 years ago

My life story just keeps getting more messed up by the hour. About midnight I got a call from my brother-in-law that he was waiting for the ambulance (my sister fell at the motel and messed her knee up too bad for him to get her to the hospital). So now instead of hooking up with him tomorrow to unload my trailer it looks like I might be hooking up to dog sit their 3 dogs while he deals with her & stuff at the hospital. Just when I though things couldn't get any more screwed up family tosses me another curve ball?

Just killing time waiting for a call with an update and needed to vent. Wife is in bed, brother in law is at hospital sitting in his pick-up with their 3 dogs waiting for a call from ER about my sisters condition so I could be on the way to Harrisburg pretty much any time between now and tomorrow morning. Ain't life great!

He told me not to drive up until I hear from him because right now he is OK sitting with the dogs but if things are as bad as they seemed he will likely need me later tonight or tomorrow AM.

As things stand setting up now seems less likely than ever but I don't give up easy!

#470 6 years ago

Hope everything works out for you all!!

Quoted from too-many-pins:

My life story just keeps getting more messed up by the hour. About midnight I got a call from my brother-in-law that he was waiting for the ambulance (my sister fell at the motel and messed her knee up too bad for him to get her to the hospital). So now instead of hooking up with him tomorrow to unload my trailer it looks like I might be hooking up to dog sit their 3 dogs while he deals with her & stuff at the hospital. Just when I though things couldn't get any more screwed up family tosses me another curve ball?
Just killing time waiting for a call with an update and needed to vent. Wife is in bed, brother in law is at hospital sitting in his pick-up with their 3 dogs waiting for a call from ER about my sisters condition so I could be on the way to Harrisburg pretty much any time between now and tomorrow morning. Ain't life great!
He told me not to drive up until I hear from him because right now he is OK sitting with the dogs but if things are as bad as they seemed he will likely need me later tonight or tomorrow AM.
As things stand setting up now seems less likely than ever but I don't give up easy!

#471 6 years ago

Anybody coming from or through Cleveland? There are some parts there that I'd really like to meet at York.

-Rob
-visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or for my Williams system 3-7 sound board potentiometer solutions

#472 6 years ago

Will be bringing a Wipe Out on Saturday for free play. Asking $1600.

#473 6 years ago
Quoted from 1stpinballdave:

The following machines are shopped and for sale. Can bring to York if prepaid. Two of them will be set up for free play and sale.
Gottlieb Bristol Hills - real nice all around, plays great. Show winner at Pintastic, 2016 $1450
Gottlieb Domino - Shopped, real nice, plays exceptionally well. Show winner at Pintastic, 2017 $600 Firm
Gottlieb Aquarius - Shopped, real nice, plays great $775
Gottlieb Quartette - currently being shopped, coming out great $1250
Email me prior to 9/24.

Domino is sold.

Bristol Hills is spoken for. I sent the guy photos, he hasn't responded. Grant you, he lives in Central Florida ...has other things keeping him busy these days. If someone else is interested, I'm willing to listen.

Dave

#474 6 years ago

I have the following backglasses available that I can bring if someone needs one...

Pinball Pool
Joker Poker (SS)
Space Mission
Fast Draw (new repro)
Royal Flush (new repro)
Playboy 35th NOS translite

#475 6 years ago

I have a Gottlieb Outer Space project game available for $250. Non-working with a nice backglass and decent playfield, missing back door, rusty coin door/lockdown receiver area, cabinet repainted in an odd scheme.

#476 6 years ago

Is there a floor plan published anywhere?

#477 6 years ago

Nope, We end up doing last minute adjustments to it right up till the show starts.

Quoted from Butch2099:

Is there a floor plan published anywhere?

#478 6 years ago

What are you asking for pinball pool.

Quoted from PiNDoCToR:

I have the following backglasses available that I can bring if someone needs one...
Pinball Pool
Joker Poker (SS)
Space Mission
Fast Draw (new repro)
Royal Flush (new repro)
Playboy 35th NOS translite

#479 6 years ago

Do we need more woodrails? (It’s a little dusty from grandmoms basement the last 40 years)

135B5B54-B4F0-40F1-BD08-812B0DA32289 (resized).jpeg135B5B54-B4F0-40F1-BD08-812B0DA32289 (resized).jpeg

#480 6 years ago

I am looking for a cheap, small claw/crane machine to put out during halloween. See them all the time when I don't need one...now nothing! Anybody have one willing to bring to York show on Saturday?

#481 6 years ago

I'm looking for a Bad Cats backglass, preferably NOS without the silvering peeling.

Also looking for a NOS Rollergames Translite.

PM with a price if you got'em! Can pick up at the show.

#482 6 years ago

Figure these are super long shots, but can't hurt. Looking for these games for pickup at the show;

GTB Eclipse
STN Iron Maiden
GTB Canada Dry

For the Eclipse I'm looking for an original game and not a kit/conversion. Have cash in hand and will consider trades if necessary! Let me know if you have one you'd consider parting with or a lead....

Thanks!

#483 6 years ago

I spoke to the Fairgrounds today. They agreed to have beer and wine cooler like drinks available at the show. I don't have any details as to brands or what format they will be available in. I assume that it will be cans or bottles. It will be opened on Friday 1-5 and Saturday 1-4. As with a lot of things this year, it is a test to see how it works out and what the response will be.

I also spoke to the hotel late this afternoon. For those that still haven't made reservations and would like the show rate, contact me and I can put you in touch with someone that may be able to still get you the show rate even though our allocated block is full.

And finally, I am getting your game registrations and recording them but I am falling behind on the notification emails. So if you have registered online in the past few days and haven't got a reply, don't worry, you are registered. There may be a delay on the confirmation emails.

#484 6 years ago
Quoted from rmarket:

I spoke to the Fairgrounds today. They agreed to have beer and wine cooler like drinks available at the show. I don't have any details as to brands or what format they will be available in. I assume that it will be cans or bottles. It will be opened on Friday 1-5 and Saturday 1-4.

see ya guys at 1!

#485 6 years ago

Would you say york is a buyers or sellers show?

#486 6 years ago
Quoted from the96stang:

Would you say york is a buyers or sellers show?

Buyers .

#487 6 years ago

My Sure Shot just sold so that will no longer be making the trip. Now I'm going to bring my awesome Conquest 200 with a white powerball, for fast and furious play.

#488 6 years ago

Is anyone bringing a ST Pro or Monopoly. We are very interested in both of these machines & would like to purchase one or the other.

#489 6 years ago

If anyone has any EM arcade games for sale, PM me. I'm interested in virtually any sega EMs, Midway, southland Engineering, Williams, Chicago coin, etc. Also looking for a Mannequin bowler.

#490 6 years ago

PinballSTAR will have the following items at the show :

NIB Medieval Madness Remakes / MMRs at the show for sale if they aren't gone by next week... only have a few...

4 working DMDs taken out of games that I replaced with colorDMDs... $ 125 each... all perfect some newer and just put in from recent restorations / some older.

We will be bringing invisiglass - have both wide and standard but only what we pre-sell and is pre-paid for... Discounts available for orders of multiple sheets. Free delivery to show and they will be boxed up for transport.

Want to reserve / pre-order anything ? Email Joe at [email protected]

#491 6 years ago

Will have the following coming in this weekend and can bring to the show. I can bring any four of the eight listed believe if a deal is done prior.

TOTAN
TOM
SS
STNG
CV (sample)
Champion Pub
Roadshow
Safecracker

#492 6 years ago

Also selling the following EMs from my personal collection if anyone wants them delivered to the show for free :

Gottlieb Grand Slam woodrail - fully restored by Herb Silvers

Gottlieb Flipper Pool wedgehead with - restored by Nick Raschilla

Gottlieb Minstrel Man - project - needs restoration

Gottlieb Skill Pool repro BG from Shay - never used

Chicago Coin Thing - project - needs restoration

Images attached aren't of my exact machines - just for reference - I have pics - just ask - they just weren't handy to me as I was posting this. : )

Email Joe at [email protected] for these items

flipperpool (resized).jpgflipperpool (resized).jpg

grandslam (resized).jpggrandslam (resized).jpg

minstrelman (resized).jpgminstrelman (resized).jpg

Thing7 (resized).jpgThing7 (resized).jpg

Thing8 (resized).jpgThing8 (resized).jpg

skillpoolbg (resized).jpgskillpoolbg (resized).jpg

#493 6 years ago
Quoted from Flipperfun:

Will have the following coming in this weekend and can bring to the show. I can bring any four of the eight listed believe if a deal is done prior.
TOTAN
TOM
SS
STNG
CV (sample)
Champion Pub
Roadshow
Safecracker

Pm sent

#494 6 years ago
Quoted from 1stpinballdave:

Domino is sold.
Bristol Hills is spoken for. I sent the guy photos, he hasn't responded. Grant you, he lives in Central Florida ...has other things keeping him busy these days. If someone else is interested, I'm willing to listen.
Dave

Bristol Hills is sold.

#495 6 years ago

More things from my personal collection I am considering selling - could bring to York...

Email Joe at [email protected] if interested !

Attack From Mars - HEP restoration

Medieval Madness - HEP restoration

1935 Rockola World Series pre-war pinball - fully restored by Bill Heatherly

1950's Goalee Hockey Arcade game

1950's Genco Gypsy Grandma Fortune Teller - fully restored

Pachinko Slot Machine

Paschislo Slot Machine

1920's German Treff Bowler - Museum / Historical piece - Extremely rare - only 2 known to exist - fully mechanical bowling arcade game - fully restored by Mike Hasanov / Vintage Coin Op Restorations, Chicago, IL

(2) Diner booths

Victor Topper Gumball machine - fully restored

Movie Theater Turnstile - fully restored

1940 Wurlitzer 1250 Jukebox - beautiful machine - rare one that plays both 45s and 33s - fully restored

Actual pics of the items for sale :
AFM
MMR
Gypsy Grandma
Pachinko Slot
Pashislo Slot
Treff Bowler
(2) Diner booths
Victor Topper gumball

Stock pics of these items for reference - I can get ones of the actual items for sale, just don't have them handy as I'm posting this :
Wurlitzer 1250 Jukebox
Movie Theater turnstile
Goalee
Rockola World Series

wurlizter1250 (resized).jpgwurlizter1250 (resized).jpg

turnstile (resized).jpgturnstile (resized).jpg

diner1 (resized).JPGdiner1 (resized).JPG

diner2 (resized).JPGdiner2 (resized).JPG

afm (resized).JPGafm (resized).JPG

goalee1 (resized).JPGgoalee1 (resized).JPG

goalee2 (resized).JPGgoalee2 (resized).JPG

diner3 (resized).JPGdiner3 (resized).JPG

goalee3 (resized).JPGgoalee3 (resized).JPG

goalee5 (resized).JPGgoalee5 (resized).JPG

goalee4 (resized).JPGgoalee4 (resized).JPG

goalee6 (resized).JPGgoalee6 (resized).JPG

gumball2 (resized).JPGgumball2 (resized).JPG

gypsygrandma (resized).JPGgypsygrandma (resized).JPG

gumball (resized).JPGgumball (resized).JPG

pachinko (resized).JPGpachinko (resized).JPG

gypsygrandma2 (resized).JPGgypsygrandma2 (resized).JPG

MM (resized).JPGMM (resized).JPG

paschislo (resized).JPGpaschislo (resized).JPG

treffbowler1 (resized).JPGtreffbowler1 (resized).JPG

treffbowler2 (resized).JPGtreffbowler2 (resized).JPG

treffbowler3 (resized).JPGtreffbowler3 (resized).JPG

treffbowler4 (resized).JPGtreffbowler4 (resized).JPG

worldseries (resized).JPGworldseries (resized).JPG

#496 6 years ago

How much for the victor topper gumball?

#497 6 years ago

No Fear is now available again, the guy who was coming to buy it today just crapped out.

#498 6 years ago

Will PinballSTAR have TNA at the show?

#499 6 years ago
Quoted from Pbpins:

No Fear is now available again, the guy who was coming to buy it today just crapped out.

Hmmm, I had a guy crap out on me too earlier this week on a No Fear. I wonder is it was the same guy, can you PM so we can see if this is a scam as he took my address and said he will be there at the specified then came up with a lame excuse!

#500 6 years ago
Quoted from westofrome:

Will PinballSTAR have TNA at the show?

That will be a big ass YES !!!!

I'm even trying to have a Charlie Emery at the show - offered to fly him and put him up... He's never been to an east coast show - I think he's afraid of us or something... Doubtful, but I did offer : )

But yes TOTAL NUCLEAR ANNIHILATION will be at YORK ! : )

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 179.99
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,134 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 23.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/york-show-news-future-white-rose-gameroomyork-show-2017-edition/page/10?hl=schnollms and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.