20170930_175609 (resized).jpg
20170929_080848 (resized).jpg
20170929_084545 (resized).jpg
20170929_165855 (resized).jpg
20170930_102158 (resized).jpg
20170930_095954 (resized).jpg
20170930_102858 (resized).jpg
20170930_104107 (resized).jpg

There are 1,134 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 23.
#1 7 years ago

I've been wanting to start the thread for this and was going to try my luck at waiting a little while longer and it's obviously way too early right now as we haven't even gotten through Pinfest yet (which for us Eastern folk is a necessity before even thinking about talking about the York Show! It's like talking about Christmas before Thanksgiving!) but there was some discussion going on in the Pinfest thread and I don't want to interrupt too much in there and had a question: It's been said the show is moving buildings this year, is that true? The site does advertise an indoor flea market area. I know the show has been held in the other building in the past a few times but that was many years ago and before my time in the hobby. I'm really going to miss the building it's usually held in, hope we go back one day! Indoor flea market sounds GREAT though for the seemingly-unavoidable streak of rain we get every single year!

-----

Anyways, that was the main purpose of the thread but while I'm here might as well do the thing (thanks to djreddog for the inspiration on last year's thread, although it's pretty much just copied from the site, this time the updated site obviously.):

Show Info:

http://www.theyorkshow.com/ or https://www.facebook.com/theyorkshow

Sept 29 & Sept 30 2017
York Fairgrounds and Expo Center
York, Pennsylvania 17404

Vendor set-up only Thursday Sept 28 time: 1PM-8PM
Friday Sept 29 show time: 10AM-8PM set-up 8AM-10AM
Saturday Sept 30 show time: 9AM-6PM set-up 8AM-9AM

New for 2017 show, special indoor Flea Market area!

* Pinball machines, video games, jukeboxes, slot machines, etc.
* Lots of door prizes.
* Outdoor flea market with no admission charge!
* Pinball and Gameroom items on sale.
* Kids and adults pinball machine tournaments.
* Refreshments will be available.

$15 Adults, $5 children ages 6-12, Free for Kids 5 and younger.
(All prices are per person, per day)

#2 7 years ago

In the spirit of how I said we usually don't talk about York until after the big more-imminent event of Pinfest is over, I've made the title a little different. I'll change it when it gets closer to be proper.
Pretty much just had a question and also wanted to share the new information, very intriguing. Figured I'd finish it off while I bothered to do that.

Added over 7 years ago: EDIT (05/11/2017): Edited title as stated

2 months later
#3 6 years ago

Bump! Got this PM from Rich a few months ago but never posted it, now that Pinfest is over, all aboard the York hype train!:

"The hall we are in this year is even larger than the one that we have been in the past few years. As mentioned by someone in the thread, it wasn't entirely my choice (the alternative would have been moving the show to a different weekend again) but it will let us have an indoor flea market and more space for indoor vendors and games. If it works out the show will continue in the even larger hall in the years to come."

#4 6 years ago

Excited for York...didn't bring a game to Allentown and wish I had.

Will be bringing a Defender and possibly Sexy Girl (if I can get it finished) in the free play area.

#5 6 years ago

Someone mentioned possibly setting up a Pinsiders "hang out" - everyone could chip in to rent a space - or maybe someone already getting a space would allow us to meet there??? Either way I think that's a great idea, we could have coolers with beverages and a banner. Maybe some lawn furniture so people could really kick back.

Thoughts??

Burningman - sure hope you can get Sexy Girl up and running, would like to see that one in person. Want to be sure to say "hello" to you this time after seeing/missing you at Allentown.

-Nate

#6 6 years ago

Hoping to go to York this year. Missed last year and regretted it.

1 month later
#7 6 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

Will be bringing a Defender and possibly Sexy Girl (if I can get it finished) in the free play area.

burningman is the Defender a pin or arcade? I have a friend looking for the pin version. He has a lot of pins for trade.

#8 6 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

burningman is the Defender a pin or arcade? I have a friend looking for the pin version. He has a lot of pins for trade.

The pin...

edit: I think the dude that just restored one may be selling his, but it's over in europe.

#9 6 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

The pin...
edit: I think the dude that just restored one may be selling his, but it's over in europe.

Will it be for sale or trade? If so I will put my friend in touch with you.

#10 6 years ago

How come people were so hyped up and posting daily for pinfest and pintastic months prior to the show we're 2.5 months out from York and its got no attention?

#11 6 years ago

We would like to support this show and will have a booth. If anyone is bringing a game, wants it modded for free and is willing to put it in our booth on free play both days, please contact me.

#12 6 years ago

There are a couple of improvements for this year's show. The show is in a larger building this year. (Memorial West) and there is going to be an indoor flea market area this year.
For those on the mailing list, the flyers will be in the mail very soon.

#13 6 years ago
Quoted from rmarket:

The show is in a larger building this year. (Memorial West)

Quoted from rmarket:

there is going to be an indoor flea market area this year.

#14 6 years ago
Quoted from Schnollms:

How come people were so hyped up and posting daily for pinfest and pintastic months prior to the show we're 2.5 months out from York and its got no attention?

I think all of the people that were going to Pinfest waited until it was over before talking about Pintastic. Pintastic just ended two days ago so I am sure once everyone recovers from the weekend of pinball they will start talking about this show. I'm already planning to drive up from GA and I'm trying help a friend arrange a possible trade/purchase and act as the courier.

#15 6 years ago
Quoted from rmarket:

There are a couple of improvements for this year's show. The show is in a larger building this year. (Memorial West) and there is going to be an indoor flea market area this year.
For those on the mailing list, the flyers will be in the mail very soon.

Am I on the mailing list? I'm not sure if we can make it this year. But if there's an indoor flea market hopefully we'll think about it. Haven't been to the show in years.
-Michael Schnoll

#16 6 years ago

I really like York, you see more woodrails and bingos and juke boxes. I've been registered for free play since March or April?? I dunno I think I was the first

One question I have is will the flea still be free? Is there 2 fleas like Allentown Indoor & outdoor. For those of us from New England it's a hike, but worth it. I really enjoy the show and it's way more laid back, which suits me just fine.

#17 6 years ago

I'd prefer wood rails and coinop over newer games to be honest. But I'm a wedgehead person. Are there a lot of wedgeheads? How many would u say there are out of the 100 or so pins? Haven't been there since the new guys took over. I'm almost 3.5 hours away.

#18 6 years ago
Quoted from Schnollms:

I'd prefer wood rails and coinop over newer games to be honest. But I'm a wedgehead person. Are there a lot of wedgeheads? How many would u say there are out of the 100 or so pins? Haven't been there since the new guys took over. I'm almost 3.5 hours away.

Typically York has plenty of wedgeheads & EM's, a nice selection of woodrails and enough "Modern" machines to keep everyone happy. Like Allentown the show just keeps getting bigger & better every year. York isn't as big as Allentown but for some reason I have always enjoyed York more. One thing I miss at York is the great food you can get at Allentown but the show itself is great.

#19 6 years ago
Quoted from 1974DeltaQueen:

One question I have is will the flea still be free?

The outdoor flea market area will still be free admission. The indoor flea market area will only be accessible to those that paid admission. There really isn't a viable way to allow free admission for only part of the show hall.

#20 6 years ago
Quoted from rmarket:

The outdoor flea market area will still be free admission. The indoor flea market area will only be accessible to those that paid admission. There really isn't a viable way to allow free admission for only part of the show hall.

Rich,

I recent looked at your web site and didn't find any information about rental rates & space size for indoor flea market. I am going to contact you directly shortly but I am sure others will be wondering the same thing so I wanted to let you know to publish those so people can get that info without having to email you.

#21 6 years ago
Quoted from too-many-pins:

Rich,
I recent looked at your web site and didn't find any information about rental rates & space size for indoor flea market. I am going to contact you directly shortly but I am sure others will be wondering the same thing so I wanted to let you know to publish those so people can get that info without having to email you.

It is at http://www.theyorkshow.com/2017mailer.pdf

Rich

#22 6 years ago

Rich,

Thanks! I'll be in touch as soon as I figure out what all I have to bring. Still working on "phase 2" of the warehouse deal - I'll keep you posted at things progress.

Later,
Skip

#23 6 years ago
Quoted from Schnollms:

Im 5-1/2 hours away and there were lots of Wedgehead pins including my Pinup
You asked about. It wasn't FS officially but cash is king. :wink:JR got his Skyline there and a lot if us brought Gottlieb EMs. Less DMD and loud annoying talking pins more classics and wood rails. One thing these shows can do is to connect seller & buyer. I prebought a Kings & Queens last year at York. I prebought a Flipper Cowboy and an Ice Show in Allentown, got my Subway at Pintastic. The trans "deal breakers "
can sometimes be worked out with delivery to a show . But I always support the show I bring free play pins all the time.

#24 6 years ago
Quoted from rmarket:

Makes sense don't see how you can control the gate crashers. Hoping for dry weather I 'm Leaving the canoe @ home
This year. Really it's a great show for us EM guys we really like the relaxed atmosphere as a change of pace!

#25 6 years ago
Quoted from 1974DeltaQueen:

Im 5-1/2 hours away and there were lots of Wedgehead pins including my Pinup
You asked about. It wasn't FS officially but cash is king. :wink:JR got his Skyline there and a lot if us brought Gottlieb EMs. Less DMD and loud annoying talking pins more classics and wood rails. One thing these shows can do is to connect seller & buyer. I prebought a Kings & Queens last year at York. I prebought a Flipper Cowboy and an Ice Show in Allentown, got my Subway at Pintastic. The trans "deal breakers "
can sometimes be worked out with delivery to a show . But I always support the show I bring free play pins all the time.

Thanks for the info. We mainly deal with EMs (particularly wedgeheads as u can see from my Collection page). So if it's at least 60% wedgeheads than it may be worth the long drive. Would you say the wedgehead prices are better at York than Allentown? No longer interested in the pinup by the way, I got top card instead.

#26 6 years ago
Quoted from Schnollms:

Thanks for the info. We mainly deal with EMs (particularly wedgeheads as u can see from my Collection page). So if it's at least 60% wedgeheads than it may be worth the long drive. Would you say the wedgehead prices are better at York than Allentown? No longer interested in the pinup by the way, I got top card instead.

Yeah I sold pinup . Its a buyers show just my $.02. Real good deals end of Saturday if you're patient. The same can be said for Pintastic, EM's were not getting ask, a few exceptions. Late Saturday some real price drops. JR is better informed than myself, this is only my 4th York. I like the laid back flow of the show, flea is smaller than Allentown but ive gotten great stuff with sime digging. Plus its 15$ vs 20$ Admission if you decide not to vend, flea, or do a free play pin.

Im also top heavy in Wedgeheads. You can see my collection valudates it.

#27 6 years ago

Interested in a Globetrotters if anyone has one for sale.........

#28 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinball_Nate:

Someone mentioned possibly setting up a Pinsiders "hang out" - everyone could chip in to rent a space - or maybe someone already getting a space would allow us to meet there??? Either way I think that's a great idea, we could have coolers with beverages and a banner. Maybe some lawn furniture so people could really kick back.
Thoughts??
-Nate

Nate,
this is a great idea. My only concern is that if we rent an indoor flea market space, someone else who is interested in selling indoors may not be able to. Maybe we can ask Rich to put us on a standby list. What do you think?

#29 6 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

Nate,
this is a great idea. My only concern is that if we rent an indoor flea market space, someone else who is interested in selling indoors may not be able to. Maybe we can ask Rich to put us on a standby list. What do you think?

Rich should have plenty of space inside this year since show has been moved into a much bigger building at the Fairgrounds. Our local group rents space at both Allentown & York and sets up a couple tables for people in the group to sell stuff and also allows people to bring machines to the space. Sellers kick in some cash towards space rent.

I am sure if someone contacts Rich he will be more than happy to rent you a space and might even have something in an odd corner or whatever where you would have plenty of room for chairs, etc.

#30 6 years ago

I would be interesting in having a little pinside get-together. Would be interesting putting some faces to handles.

#31 6 years ago

I am sure that Rich can work something out. This year with the different hall the show has use of a couple of areas in the building that we can't really put vendors. He would need one person to be "in charge" of the area.

One warning about chairs, if you leave them unattended they will walk around the show. People grab them and move them around for various reasons. Every year we find some that we have to track down the owners.

Rich

Quoted from too-many-pins:

Rich should have plenty of space inside this year since show has been moved into a much bigger building at the Fairgrounds. Our local group rents space at both Allentown & York and sets up a couple tables for people in the group to sell stuff and also allows people to bring machines to the space. Sellers kick in some cash towards space rent.
I am sure if someone contacts Rich he will be more than happy to rent you a space and might even have something in an odd corner or whatever where you would have plenty of room for chairs, etc.

#32 6 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

I would be interesting in having a little pinside get-together. Would be interesting putting some faces to handles.

I would be interesting too Faces to handles....I'll just let that one simmer a bit

#33 6 years ago

I will be at York again this year with family in tow. I will also be bringing along a Sure Shot for free play and for sale.

#34 6 years ago

PinballSTAR Amusements will be there as usual with our large booth filled with tons of stuff for folks to play / buy - A lot of stuff set up to play / sell off floor and a good number of games NIB to take home. Planning on bringing the following subject to change due to availability / inventory at that time :

*JJP :
Wizard of Oz (set up and NIB)
Hobbit (set up and NIB)
Dialed In (set up and NIB by the time of the show)

*Planetary Pinball / Chicago Gaming :
Medieval Madness Remake (set up and maybe NIB by time of the show)
Attack From Mars Remake (set up and maybe NIB by the time of the show)

*VP Cabs (Virtual Pinball) :
Wizard (set up)
Vertigo - Arcade and Virtual Pinball (set up)
Vortex - Tabletop Vertigo (set up)

*Spooky Pinball :
Rob Zombie Spookshow International (set up or NIB)

*American Pinball :
Houdini (hopefully !)

*Chicago Gaming :
Arcade Legends 3 (set up)
Coffee Table Foosball (NIB)

*** AND WE MIGHT HAVE 1 OR 2 SURPRISES IN STORE FOR EVERYONE... Time will tell ! : )

Remember to support the distributors who support the shows and do things in the hobby and not just sell you games ! : )

We are having an inventory reduction sale at this time to make room for all the new 2017 games - email Joe at [email protected] for details / pricing !

Joe Newhart
PinballSTAR Amusements
570-357-0042

#35 6 years ago

We are also taking pre-orders for INVISIGLASS for delivery to York - free delivery, boxed up for safe travels home. Must be pre-paid, I will not be bringing any extra - just what's already pre-sold. Discounts for bulk orders over 5 sheets.

Email Joe at PinballSTAR.com

#36 6 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

Partying with Don is dangerous... Attendees be forewarned !!! Looking forward to seeing you brother !

#37 6 years ago

Rich, being the show will be in the larger building this year how will the outside flea market be laid out? Will people entering the main door see the flea market. Thanks in advance Pete.

#38 6 years ago
Quoted from Schnollms:

I really don't think it'll be 60% wedge heads. Last year I would say maybe 20% wedge heads? maybe 40-50 % EM's if you include wobdrails and bingos of which there were and probably will be plenty. They usually dedicate a whole row to bingos.

#39 6 years ago
Quoted from ryansherwood:

I really don't think it'll be 60% wedge heads. Last year I would say maybe 20% wedge heads? maybe 40-50 % EM's if you include wobdrails and bingos of which there were and probably will be plenty. They usually dedicate a whole row to bingos.

Yikes!! I thought there were a lot of wedgheads at York. Lol.

#40 6 years ago

well I'm taking Barbwire and selling it. mine is mint and setup right so people should get to play a good working Barbwire. It's underrated, but I still cannot get used to the flippers.

#41 6 years ago

At this point the flea market is going to be behind the building so it is unlikely that people will be able to see it from the main door. The hall that the show is in this year has a sort of lobby area so there really isn't much you can see outdoors from the entrance of the show.

Quoted from ibuypinballs:

Rich, being the show will be in the larger building this year how will the outside flea market be laid out? Will people entering the main door see the flea market. Thanks in advance Pete.

#42 6 years ago
Quoted from rmarket:

I am sure that Rich can work something out. This year with the different hall the show has use of a couple of areas in the building that we can't really put vendors. He would need one person to be "in charge" of the area.
One warning about chairs, if you leave them unattended they will walk around the show. People grab them and move them around for various reasons. Every year we find some that we have to track down the owners.
Rich

We probably have some wives who would gladly sit in the area and keep an eye on things? I could bring a couple chairs, and camera for photos of all the handsome pinsiders!!

What would the price be for an indoor spot - somewhere "off the beaten path" where Pinsiders could chill out?

-Nate

#43 6 years ago

We probably have some wives who would gladly sit in the area and keep an eye on things? I could bring a couple chairs, and camera for photos of all the handsome pinsiders!!
What would the price be for an indoor spot - somewhere "off the beaten path" where Pinsiders could chill out?
-Nate

I love this... 'some wives' - hey honey, I need you to sit outside on a lawn chair all day while I play pinball keep your eye on shit and scope out all the 'handsome' pinsiders... Let me know how that goes, actually if you can, record her reaction when you ask her. : )

#44 6 years ago

Haha! Well, I wouldn't want her to sit out there ALL day, we could share - my intent with that post was that wives that aren't necessarily into pinball could hang out and have a place to chill instead of standing around watching people play pinball.
The "handsome Pinsiders" was a jab - you all are butt-ugly (kidding!!), I just meant I'd bring a camera so we could post some pics of everybody.

Glad you got a laugh outta that, actually my wife has already said "Sure!"

#45 6 years ago

Haha! Well, I wouldn't want her to sit out there ALL day, we could share - my intent with that post was that wives that aren't necessarily into pinball could hang out and have a place to chill instead of standing around watching people play pinball.
The "handsome Pinsiders" was a jab - you all are butt-ugly (kidding!!), I just meant I'd bring a camera so we could post some pics of everybody.
Glad you got a laugh outta that, actually my wife has already said "Sure!"

Give 'em a couple of chilled bottles of Chardonnay, and they'll be happy campers!

#46 6 years ago

Any Bingo Row shirts this year? I wanted to try and win one last year but ended up having a last minute schedule conflict and couldn't attend.

#47 6 years ago

Hopefully nothing starts on fire this year!

#48 6 years ago
Quoted from bjsilverballs:

Hopefully nothing starts on fire this year!

Yup. 2016 York Show. Fire and rain.
It was amazing though to see the crowd outside the back of the building, watching the inferno. Only a pinball show going on inside!

#49 6 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Yup. 2016 York Show. Fire and rain.
It was amazing though to see the crowd outside the back of the building, watching the inferno. Only a pinball show going on inside!

2013 was rainfall of old testament volumes. 2016 huge fire. If my calculations are correct we won't be swarmed by locusts until 2019 !

#50 6 years ago

Just got my registration form. Hopefully I can attend.

IMG_7247 (resized).JPGIMG_7247 (resized).JPG

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 129.99
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
$ 98.99
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball
Cabinet parts
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Mods
Decorations
$ 8.00
Cabinet Parts
Pinball Haus
Cabinet parts
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,134 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 23.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/york-show-news-future-white-rose-gameroomyork-show-2017-edition and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.